Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-19, 22:48   Link #501
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Fullmetal Alchemist was ok for me ill give it an 7/10 in my book i didn't like how it ended
Old 2008-03-21, 11:35   Link #502
Himeko's boyfriend
spouse of Katagiri-san

I always thought Gunbuster sucked despite the fact everyone think's it's a classic!
Old 2008-03-25, 10:36   Link #503
dotTgz

I didnt like Full Metal Panic or Last Exile
Old 2008-03-25, 10:42   Link #504
krieg7

I'm a sucker for moe-filled anime, but members of my anime club seem to hate it, so more often than not I keep quiet about watching them. One day somebody brought AIR to watch, loved it, the rest hated it and kept mocking Misuzu's voice.
Old 2008-03-25, 11:42   Link #505
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
What an evil bunch of people....you should give them a kick or two. I would.
Old 2008-03-25, 12:04   Link #506
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieg7 View Post
I'm a sucker for moe-filled anime, but members of my anime club seem to hate it, so more often than not I keep quiet about watching them. One day somebody brought AIR to watch, loved it, the rest hated it and kept mocking Misuzu's voice.
Mwahaha, score.

More seriously though, the moe "genre" (do note I use the term lightly) isn't going to be for everyone, so don't take it to heart.

Although the topic is quite the opposite of your post, y'know, since it's asking for your negative opinion at a popular anime, not the other way around.
Old 2008-03-25, 12:07   Link #507
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawk View Post
Gankutsuou was one show I liked You should add some reasons why you hated it, my friends all think it's good. Well maybe I'm not that much of an Alexandre Dumas reader to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
i actually found Gankutsuou entertaining as something based from The Count Of Monte Cristo. of course, if i consider it as something like a direct adaptation of the original novel with anime-like stuff, then it sucks arse. 7 Samurais was just weird, without a doubt.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-25, 12:09   Link #508
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
Naruto, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and TTGL. That's right, I said it.
Old 2008-03-25, 12:39   Link #509
Leopluradonsauce

Naruto

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Lucky Star

Basilisk

Read or Die

Black Cat

Trinity Blood
Old 2008-03-25, 14:28   Link #510
dotTgz

I thought something was terribly wrong when i was watching Haruhi beacuse i realized they were out of order then I read the wiki and it said its supposed to be like that
Old 2008-03-25, 17:10   Link #511
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Now's the time to add H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~.

*puts up a flame shield*
Old 2008-03-25, 17:11   Link #512
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Haruhi what ever i hate that anime its so stupid i cant get past episode one some brown haired girl who dosnt even friggen talk and a lil midget with a mage hat... wth
Old 2008-03-25, 17:15   Link #513
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Haruhi what ever i hate that anime its so stupid i cant get past episode one some brown haired girl who dosnt even friggen talk and a lil midget with a mage hat... wth
So did I. I hated that first episode of SHnY, but then I forced myself to watch further and found it to be excellent. Now, I think episode 01/11 is one of the most hilarious episodes ever, so just forget it and keep on watching.
Old 2008-03-25, 18:12   Link #514
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post

*puts up a flame shield*
Everyone seems to like H2O?
Ehhh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
Haha. That's fun and all, but as with all anime, you never base it off of its first episode, and Haruhi even moreso.
The first episode isn't anything like the rest of the anime at all, and I actually know a lot of people who've seen all of Haruhi but that episode.

Speaking of which, seeing Haruhi thrice in five posts makes me sad.
But it's okay, you guys just all have bad taste.

Ah, but I kid.
Old 2008-03-25, 18:34   Link #515
Da~Mike

Oooh.. there's a lot of anime that I can no longer bear watching anymore (e.g. Ah! My Goddess, Love Hina etc) but that doesn't necessarily mean they were very popular to begin with. Also, anime with excessively cute characters or high-pitched, screechy voices also irritates me.

I haven't trawled through the many pages of comments but at a glance, the popular ones would be the anime aimed almost exclusively at otakus (Lucky Star, Suzumiya Haruhi etc), and the ones with incredible staying power (Pokemon).

In general, I think that any anime series that goes well beyond a year's worth of screening (50 episodes or more) tends to end up as tosh, with either poor animation or a storyline that drags on with no conclusion in sight.

As for anime that was apparently popular that I couldn't stand, the only one that comes to mind so far is Lucky Star.
But that said, I probably couldn't watch series like Azumanga Daioh, Dragon Ball, Evangelion, Gundam Seed, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, and so on again. Probably due to the recycled themes, character types, storylines etc.
Old 2008-03-25, 18:36   Link #516
maymay
Inactive~

Quote:

*puts up a flame shield*
I didn't like H2O either. It was pretty mediocre and the characters kind of annoyed me.
Old 2008-03-25, 18:43   Link #517
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Um, Suzumiya is one of the first anime I watched, and liked, and I was definitely not an otaku. It's just a fun series in general for most anime fans.
Old 2008-03-25, 19:55   Link #518
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Um, Suzumiya is one of the first anime I watched, and liked, and I was definitely not an otaku. It's just a fun series in general for most anime fans.
Same, back when I was using wikipedia to find new anime to watch, didn't know of the existence of animesuki (before I was a lurker.), and didn't know of the term "otaku", I watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and thoroughly liked it. (I have since rewatched it multiple times, including the dub, which actually wasn't terrible, and its still one of my favourites.)
I have some friends whose anime interests are similar to those of the more common species of anime watchers' (Generally extended shonen action anime + Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note, and the occasional Code Geass fan.), and they enjoyed The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
But that said, I probably couldn't watch series like Azumanga Daioh, Dragon Ball, Evangelion, Gundam Seed, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, and so on again. Probably due to the recycled themes, character types, storylines etc.
The only recycled theme in any of those are mecha and action, if they can be considered themes. The two most similar anime that you've listed are Full Metal Panic! and Gundam Seed, which are both mecha anime with action, though one is moreso a romantic comedy.
I have no idea how you thought of these anime as "recycled themes". At least saying Dragonball and Bleach may have made sense.
Old 2008-03-25, 20:39   Link #519
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
I third you. Haruhi was the first fansub I ever watched. Before that, my entire exposure to anime included precisely the Adult Swim offerings and nothing more...

I loved it to death.

Exclusively at otaku my [Pandora's Box].
Old 2008-03-25, 20:48   Link #520
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

I had alot of these, but I would have to say Lucky Star or BECK at the top
Closed Thread