AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-23, 17:24   Link #1
kenro

open-optioned poll

What are the most memorable story arcs, intense scenes, and/or compelling characters you've read in manga?
Old 2008-03-23, 17:33   Link #2
kenro

GinTama

You really see Kagura cut lose in the arc concerning that cursed sword and the space pirates, and again when 'Papi' the Demon Priest visits. Yato are... dangerous...
Old 2008-03-23, 17:40   Link #3
james0246

Negima (manga only) - Cultural Festival Arc. Pure genius on the part of Akamutsu (creator of the series as well as Love Hina), everything that you could ever wnat in an Harem-based Shounen manga series can be found in this one arc. Requisite Shounen Tournament: chenck; Hot girls in a variety of different revealing clothes: check; Ambiguous villians that are written well: check; great storyline with noticable advancement for all the characters (whether the advances be personal or power-levels): check; etc. Just a great story arc.

One Piece - Baroque Works/Alabasta, Skypiea, or Water 7/Eneis Lobbey. All are simply phenomenal story arcs for a variety of reasons. The Alabasta and Eneis Lobby arcs are ripe with wonderfully emotional and dramatic momments all the while rife with great action, and Skypiea is a wonderful adventure in ever sense of the word (up there with Raiders of the Lost Arc, in my opinion). Damn, I just realized that by naming these three story arcs, I have named almost all of One Piece.

Rurouni Kenshin - Kyoto Arc. Amazing character driven action arc as Kenshin comes to terms with his past and tries to forge a new destiny for himself and his friends. Simply amazing villians, with the main villian, Shishio, standing as one of the greatest villians in Shounen history.

Princess Tutu (anime only) - final battle between Princess Tutu and Princess Kraehe. Beautifully choreographed ballet battle. To descibe it in further detail would be giving away too much.
Old 2008-03-23, 17:58   Link #4
r0cawearz

Well, not manga, but in the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, almost every scene was memorable and intense. Watch it and you'll see why and I'm sure many will agree.
Old 2008-03-23, 19:07   Link #5
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Some of my most memorable episodes:

Cardcaptor Sakura 22: "Sakura and Her Kind Father"
-With a very sad and touching story, it is the most emotional episode as of date to me.
Cardcaptor Sakura 54: "Sakura and the Calendar of Memories"
-How can an episode take away all plot and story just to concentrate on a character that have only been introduced once before in the series yet create such an emotional connection? This episode did just that, and it was nothing less than amazing.
Clannad 09: "Until the End of the Dream"
-This is personally one of the best episodes I have ever seen.
Claymore 06: "Teresa and Clare"
-Technically, this episode is from the best arc out of all anime I have ever watched, action, romance, comedy, or otherwise.
ef - a tale of memories 07: "I..."
-Everyone remembers the second half of this episode, and so did I.
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien 14: "Mayauru's Gift"
-From the beginning to the very end, this is drama worthy of a masterpiece.

Some of my favorite episodes/honorable mentions:

Air 06: "Star"
Bokurano 24: "Story"
Cardcaptor Sakura 06: "Sakura and Memories of Her Mother"
Cardcaptor Sakura 16: "Sakura and the Rainbow of Memories"
Cardcaptor Sakura 61: "Sakura, the Card, and the Presents"
Clannad 07: "Star-Shaped Feelings"
Elfen Lied 05: "Receipt"
Elfen Lied 13: "No Return"
InuYasha 163: "Kohaku, Sango, and Kirara: The Secret Flower Garden"
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien 02: "Waiting"
Nanoha 06: "Feelings That Can't Be Understood"
Samurai Champloo 07: "A Risky Racket"
Samurai Champloo 11: "Gamblers and Galalntry"
Shigofumi 09: "Reunion"
Old 2008-03-23, 23:14   Link #6
Shirozakii

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cawearz View Post
Well, not manga, but in the anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, almost every scene was memorable and intense. Watch it and you'll see why and I'm sure many will agree.
I just read the most epic spoiler in my thread. but im glad i didn't watch it though. God knows what i would done after i get attached to kammina and then they kill him off right after he "makes out" with the hot girl from the poster i saw.

I second KholdStare's Bokuran 24, Ef- a tale of memories 7 and would also like to mention episode 11, the part where she utterly destroys her diary.
Old 2008-03-24, 01:04   Link #7
tbl
Affably Evil

Bleach - SS arc.
Sanctuary - Hojo and Asami are the most amazing characters ever.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-03-24, 06:27   Link #8
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Spoiler for previous unspoilered spoiler:
Old 2008-03-24, 08:21   Link #9
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
In anime:
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid episode 6:
Spoiler for just in case:

Spoiler for Naruto:

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien episode 2: anime usually doesn't make my jaw drop. Well, KGNE, congrats.

Neon Genesis Evangelion episode 9: Probably my favoritest anime episode ever. Ever!
Old 2008-03-26, 21:49   Link #10
deltakano
1つの愛

FMP! Second Raid
Saikano
RahXpehon
5 cm/s
Kare Kano
Planetes
Old 2008-04-14, 16:53   Link #11
kenro

Well after so long with no further reply, I guess this poll's closed. I'll leave it up for others' reference, though.
Thanks, all, for the entrys. I hope I can get to them all eventually.
Old 2008-04-19, 11:36   Link #12
MysticRose

Kanon 2006 Episode 10: Hilltop Requiem : When the couple married on the top of the windy hill, just so that she can forever rest in peace (

Shuffle Episode 19: When K-sama was cooking for the whole evening, and turned out that the saucepan was empty. Then she turned back. Her eyes. My dear, how many nights she hasn't slept ?

Rozen Maiden: When Gin-sama first appeared. Then i knew i heart will be hers, until the end of time :X

School Day:
The ending. I dislike violence normally, but the trembling tension and the background music are just ... beyond epic-ness.

Bleach:
The bankai duel between Ichigo and Byakuga. I hate popular stuff, but this is just pure awesomeness.

Canvas 2 : Near the end, when Ellis was holding her brother ( cousin )'s coat, and wished him goodbye.

Strawberry Panic: When Shizuma-sama and Nagisa-chan sat at the piano, and played "The Maiden's Prayer"

That may be all i could think of ... for now
Closed Thread