AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-03-24, 00:05   Link #4181
KrimzonStriker

Please Dann, lets not bring FMA into this, I kind of had enough of that after Sakuradite became the new Philosophers Stone
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:05   Link #4182
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Of course, I forgot about that. I'd rather they didn't pull something like that though since it might mean bad things for C.C. even though she has been in the same body it seems for a long time.
I don't see why.

but yeah, we've got immortals, and psychics, and psychic ghosts, mass amnesia, and ancient mental elevator ruins. (and no one even knows what the heck that is >_>) I think they've probably got enough paranormal without adding a possession element.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Please Dann, lets not bring FMA into this, I kind of had enough of that after Sakuradite became the new Philosophers Stone
"Mt. Fuji is full of dead people?! D:"
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:10   Link #4183
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Yeah, it would probably be best to avoid any comparisons to FMA or anything like that unless later events suggest otherwise.

And My. Fuji probably is full of the corpses of those killed during the war before, though I get what you were referring to.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:42   Link #4184
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
And what I mean by that line Dann, was that unlike when he killed his father he wouldn't look for some petty way of getting redemption, as a sign of respect to his friend Lelouch who didn't believe in that, carrying the burden of shooting him on his shoulders as is.
Dann, you ever respond to this post by me in regards to Suzaku's "I won't ask for forgiveness Lelouch. We're friends after all, right?"
Old 2008-03-24, 00:55   Link #4185
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
"Mt. Fuji is full of dead people?! D:"

L Ron Hubbard says yes.
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:56   Link #4186
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Was he really showing respect to him though throught that? That seems odd coming from Suzaku at all for some reason. Well, that was Suzaku a year ago I guess.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 00:57   Link #4187
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun View Post
L Ron Hubbard says yes.
oh god, don't bring them into this.
Old 2008-03-24, 01:28   Link #4188
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Did you forget the whole thing about him receiving his skills as a child.....It's kinds sad Suzaku, and Kallen are almost equal in terms of Piloting Skill, and Suzaku had to cheat to get those skills while, Kallen worked hard, amn that's annoying....
Suzaku's natural abilities aside he did have to go through military training and all. They didn't just plunk him down in the army and say "ok go kill stuff"

Kallen seems just as hax as Suzaku is lately with all her gravity defying and all in ep 26.(I still think she might have some natural hax herself despite what everyone says)

They seem evenly matched to me. That battle in 24 seemed more or less a draw since both had only lost an arm. Kallen lost her main weapon but she didn't seem to think she was done yet (she's been shown to kinda lose her cool when she thinks she's really screwed as seen in ep 2 and when they were about to get blasted by Gawain) and she had a few weapons left still.

Last edited by Aquaman OS; 2008-03-24 at 01:49.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:22   Link #4189
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Suzaku's natural abilities aside he did have to go through military training and all. They didn't just plunk him down in the army and say "ok go kill stuff"

Kallen seems just as hax as Suzaku is lately with all her gravity defying and all in ep 26.(I still think she might have some natural hax herself despite what everyone says)
honorary Britannians don't get taught to pilot KMFs. They don't even let them handle firearms in most situations.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:38   Link #4190
Aquaman OS

They still have basic training. And he seemed to be physically active even as a kid.
He wasn't just sitting around all day doing nothing and all of sudden became an elite warrior.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:42   Link #4191
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
They still have basic training. And he seemed to be physically active even as a kid.
He wasn't just sitting around all day doing nothing and all of sudden became an elite warrior.
in a way he did.

but yeah, he has some hand to hand combat training from Toudou. It's just a mere run on a simulator doesn't make you the kind of KMF pilot Suzaku is. you need training, months and months of practice, and actual combat experience to be that good. (...like Kallen >_>)
Old 2008-03-24, 02:46   Link #4192
Aquaman OS

Not really he seems to have typical Gundam pilot progression(even though he's not the hero and it isn't a Gundam show). He seemed to rely completely on the Lancelot's superiority to the other units his first few battles. By the time units were used against that could hold up to the Lancelot he had gotten better through actual practice and simulation.
Old 2008-03-24, 03:31   Link #4193
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
honorary Britannians don't get taught to pilot KMFs. They don't even let them handle firearms in most situations.
Incorrect. Honorary Britannians don't have the right to pilot KMFs but they can still have a try on the simulators (which is how Lloyd noticed that Suzaku had far better performances than anybody else) - I guess it's a contradictory measure but it would only make sense if there was a shortage of 'pureblooded' pilots. Enlisting help from the enrolled autochtons would only be a last-ditch measure if the Army were to find itself in dire straits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS
(I still think she might have some natural hax herself despite what everyone says)
The staff confirmed in an interview that she was simply a hardworking person and that all of her efforts for the rebellion were devoted to her deceased brother, Naoto. So, yes, compared to Suzaku (whose superhuman reflexes aren't natural according to Fake Okouchi), she is simply talented.
Old 2008-03-24, 03:33   Link #4194
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Not really he seems to have typical Gundam pilot progression(even though he's not the hero and it isn't a Gundam show). He seemed to rely completely on the Lancelot's superiority to the other units his first few battles. By the time units were used against that could hold up to the Lancelot he had gotten better through actual practice and simulation.
Ah, but Gundam pilots were so good because they had newtype abilities, and are always plunked down into a military unit and told "go kill stuff".

Kallen got to that level through hard work alone, but Suzaku's no different from any of those other space psychics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Incorrect. Honorary Britannians don't have the right to pilot KMFs but they can still have a try on the simulators (which is how Lloyd noticed that Suzaku had far better performances than anybody else) - I guess it's a contradictory measure but it would only make sense if there was a shortage of 'pureblooded' pilots. Enlisting help from the enrolled autochtons would only be a last-ditch measure if the Army were to find itself in dire straits.
I should clarify: I mean taught more in the way of learning from someone like Jeremiah or Toudou or Guilford showing the finer points of KMF piloting, as opposed to, "here's a booklet, here's how to use the controls, go try this simulator out in case we ever need to send you on a suicide mission in one of these things."

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-03-24 at 11:27.
Old 2008-03-24, 03:45   Link #4195
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The staff confirmed in an interview that she was simply a hardworking person and that all of her efforts for the rebellion were devoted to her deceased brother, Naoto. So, yes, compared to Suzaku (whose superhuman reflexes aren't natural according to Fake Okouchi), she is simply talented.
Well when it all comes down to the the magic Geass connection hax in the end (which I'm betting will happen.) She better not get left behind by the story or I'll be pissed.

When was that interview anyway?
Old 2008-03-24, 07:30   Link #4196
KrimzonStriker

It's not going to, there's no reason for it unlike with our dear Suzaku who was driving cars and spotting nests over mountains when he was 10

There are plenty of other 'normal' individuals in the story you know, this world kind of revolves around them, how important she'll be to the plot I'm not sure but she is a main character anyway so she'll probably be there till the end. That we have a normal character at all should be a bit of relief to those who have gotten tired of the 'Geass hax' button
Old 2008-03-24, 07:55   Link #4197
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

I wonder if Suzaku will ever lose his so-called "powers" and fight only with his own abilities
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:45   Link #4198
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I wonder if Suzaku will ever lose his so-called "powers" and fight only with his own abilities
Well, maybe through experience he can have learned to pilot the Lancelot, even without "this power"..... but since we don't know what exactly "this power" is, I'm not sure^^
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:56   Link #4199
Nyoro~n

BTW.. Sorry to bother you but you guys have been saying "Episode 26"
I thought there were only 25?
Nyoro~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:57   Link #4200
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yeah, it would probably be best to avoid any comparisons to FMA or anything like that unless later events suggest otherwise.

And My. Fuji probably is full of the corpses of those killed during the war before, though I get what you were referring to.
The fact that the Aokigahara, or "forest of death", that lies at the base of Mount Fuji, gets something like 70 suicides a year, means it probably isn't short of the freshly dead either.

The government even had to put up signs to discourage suicides...