AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-24, 18:07   Link #22521
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
O.O

What...what is this?!

IT'S WAY TOO QUIET HERE!!!!
Maybe this thread needs some...POWERTHIRST!!

*runs*

EDIT:
@Kha
I think I found your Rider Pally Armor :3

Last edited by Evangelion Xgouki; 2008-03-24 at 18:37.
Old 2008-03-24, 18:57   Link #22522
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
It's time, TO UNLEASH CHAPTER 4!!!!!!!

Spoiler for MGLN Riot Force 6:
Syn character development FTW! =3 And looks like you've gotten Keroko's idea down nicely too.

Syn's experience reminded me of my pre-teen harem experiences. A helluva mess that was, and mind you from a conservative society, that already got daggers stared at me. I can't imagine if it were really like Syn and Vivio's situation...

Parades! Yes PARADES! Finally someone other than Rebuilt will cover this awesome but useless ritual! XD

Fayate FTMFW! And I can hardly wait for Keroko's surprise. =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, primarily the same I see... asides from Artei getting to embarrass Nena Arisa there

It makes a difference; once you take control of Keira Nightly, Uno will first walk you through Novus Marines units and structures, then once Saji Crossroad reinforces Saber and Setsuna, you will get to use the Cleric-Knights and Saint Guard, as well as have a feel of what a Schattenjaeger (Setsuna) fights like. So Artei must be included, though I can easily have him complain "Looks like Kha forgot me again," but that's characteristic of ME and not God Emperor Kha.

Once that is done, Sophia will radio that she has finished up coordinating the Sisters' and will begin to pull them back. As such, the exits first plugged by Knight-Sisters will be overrun. Use Makoto's stun grenades and the Novus Marines' Magic fire mode to slow them down but not kill them. Get the sisters to the Thunderhawk transports and the Novus Marines will upload into the Flow Pylons and liftoff. Mission complete!

All through the skirmish, you will catch snippets of Kha/Fate's talking (Keira notes wryly that the whole fight's more like domestic violence ) and glimpses of their battle. Once the Marines depart, the end of mission cutscene begins. The twist awaits!

...help in my excitement I spoiled all my Khrack... T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Focuss is a lot more towards Hayate recently, but to say Nanoha gets 'the least' love after all the love she has recieved over the course of this thread... This is more a small downpoint then anything else.
My bad.

Quote:
Even Satashi used Keroko more then once.
If you count every segment of Kha's life, then every different timeline of Cente Gravia, then all the AU Khrack I'm putting her through, as individually separate fics...

...and that's just me. Add it all up with the other writers, and you'll realize how popular Keroko is.

Quote:
The hardest to achieve ending?

Curiosity growing...
The pairings are somewhat linear depending on the timeline, and I forgot to include the neutral endings (no pairing) in all timelines, but yeah in UBW, the Sophia ending is easiest to get and the neutral somewhere in the middle (since you get to swap the Aces around for your own benefit at the cost of developing a relationship). Keroko is hardest, because of all that I've said above. She's a good co-fighter and not exactly a buffboard, but there are far more solo-fights in UBW than any other timeline, so it curtails it even more.

However, if you made it, Keroko Kor Fuzion will give you access to both Light and Shadow powers, and Kor Fuzion Schneiderform is H4XX enough for you to go toe-to-toe with Gilgamesh in the final boss battle for glorious justice, and for all the pain you went through to get there. :3

Quote:
*shrug* depends, Keroko is impulsive and if you push the right (or wrong, depending on your point of view) buttons, she can be ticked of quite easilly, and she will lash out when pushed the wrong way.

An important point, does this play in a universe with the TSAB? How close does it follow Kerokanon untill the madness starts? If Keroko hasn't met Nanoha for long, her temper is a lot worse, and she is far easier to tick off.

It also matters to her skills. In both cases she has the Instinct and Battle Continuation skills, however is she hasn't met Nanoha or hasn't known her for long, Keroko is succeptible to Madness depending on the situation, while she has the Knowledge of Foremost Harmony if she knows Nanoha for a while.

On that note, Keroko is still succeptible to Madness even if she does know Nanoha, but it is far harder for her to reach that state as her mind is much calmer.
It follows Kerokanon exactly up till they turn 15, then when the Duels begin, UBW deviates. So Keroko'd have all that you see there.

Btw, looks like Madness is the time Kha gets to score some points.

Quote:
Chaos, Necron, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Tyranids, Orks... take your pick.
No not Orks. Fungal lifeforms got KINSHI'd even in the IRC.

Thrall on the other hand...

Quote:
Rebuilt only allows small amounts of crack. Cente Gravia has more crackpotential because of the sheer base of the story and the fact that its supposed to be AU.

Now get writing, I want more.
Yeah that's why Heaven's Feel has the least Khrack, since the Fate ending is the fanon timeline. :3

I will... Once I kick all that Khrack out of me for the day.

Quote:
Ah, you can =3 at crack again. Good. :3

Now for an 3pic Kha/Fate battle.
It's a little hard to do it from 1st person, but I'll try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Novel? What novel? And where can I get a copy to read?
There's too many retcons in there for us to recognize as canon, that's why we never refer to it, but if you like there are translations on the net somewhere...

Quote:
And when things get out of hand...bubble-hearth
:3

Quote:
Hope you brought a lot of mana pots
Mana pots are for the WEEK! [Mana Potion Injector] for me. :3

Quote:
Holy crap that's an overhaul . IMO you should do whatever you want (within certain limits that is ). It is your story after all. Just...DON'T YOU DARE DROP THE PROJECT
Ark taught me how to carry on, so I think I'll be fine...

...just need to stop making Khrack long enough to write!!!

Quote:
Well...2,4 is pretty big patch. Not to mention that new badge is gear is sweet...

...what?

...what indeed?

Quote:
Ooo...Bright Slap
Yes Bright Slap. :3

Quote:
EDIT:
@Kha
I think I found your Rider Pally Armor :3
Is... is...! Is that...? HOLY WRATH?!?!?!

And the Cross is present!!! OMGOMGOMGOMG...

Older!Taiyo approves.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-03-24 at 19:46.
Old 2008-03-24, 19:45   Link #22523
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

And...

<.<

>.>

*drops bomb and runs for it*

21STE-01
Genderbent of Kha

Bring Me To Life... Feito-kun...
Spoiler for Kha der Kleriker:
Ma-oh Shounen Lyrical Nanoha - Of Bishounen and GAR and WUUUD?!

Like Kagerou-chan, this Khrack was born in the Chaotic environment that is the IRC. Unfortunately, even the IRC was destroyed by this bomb...

THE GENDERBENDING OF NANOHA TAKAMACHI, HAJIMARI-MASU!!!

*RUNS AT THE LUDICRIOUS SPEED OF TIME*
Old 2008-03-24, 19:50   Link #22524
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
And...

<.<

>.>

21STE-01
Genderbent of Kha

Like Kagerou-chan, this Khrack was born in the Chaotic environment that is the IRC. Unfortunately, even the IRC was destroyed by this bomb...

*Chokes and spits out food*

WHAT?!!!

WHAT IS THIS?!!!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2008-03-24, 20:05   Link #22525
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Even Satashi used Keroko more then once.
Ah sou?

Quote:
Plenty of times. I always get them back though.
We outnumber the males in my household so they're basically doomed

Quote:
So cute

Quote:
I like it, especially the bit about him not liking certain individuals. We need more bad blood in the OC-thread, everyone is getting along too well.
Ahhh, so people agree on conflicting characters? Good good *takes notes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
*Hands Lowe a GN Drive*

You know what to do with this...
LOL. Typical Saint-kun

Quote:
As for me... i have to brew something important.

*rows away*
Wait, what important thing?

Quote:
And...

<.<

>.>

21STE-01
Genderbent of Kha

*Breathes in*

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

WTF IS THIS KHRACK?!?!?!?!

Quote:

WHAT?!!!

WHAT IS THIS?!!!

Close...but still doesn't match the original....

Sorry, I copied mine from the Original Creator of the KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! Breaker
Old 2008-03-24, 20:44   Link #22526
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Hey!
Afriend in the Fanfic thread sugest me that showing the images of my fic one by one in my post could make it a bit too hard to read, so here is a link to download them all for easy for those who want to check it

http://rapidshare.com/files/10209252...sault.rar.html
Old 2008-03-24, 21:50   Link #22527
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Too drowsy for a proper breaker...but I HAD to comment now:

Quote:
And...

<.<

>.>

21STE-01
Genderbent of Kha

O_o

I knew as soon as I saw your new avi and title, I knew something was up...even with all the genderbending stuff around lately, that's not like you...

So, I must follow in the traditions of Cadian shock:
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Whatthehellisthismagnificentoutthemindfuckedwindow crackyouhavedone?!?!?

Old 2008-03-24, 22:03   Link #22528
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
21STE-01
Genderbent of Kha

:3 :3 :3 Archer-ko is :3

Yes, Kha, we shall blame you for this bomb after this.

But F4????? I pray to God they don't end up becoming a boyband.
Old 2008-03-24, 22:23   Link #22529
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

Kha Synch or Mikha
Old 2008-03-24, 22:28   Link #22530
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Seems like it came from our county eh lowe?
Kilala mo kung sino

Quote:

It makes a difference; once you take control of Keira Nightly, Uno will first walk you through Novus Marines units and structures, then once Saji Crossroad reinforces Saber and Setsuna, you will get to use the Cleric-Knights and Saint Guard, as well as have a feel of what a Schattenjaeger (Setsuna) fights like. So Artei must be included, though I can easily have him complain "Looks like Kha forgot me again," but that's characteristic of ME and not God Emperor Kha.

Once that is done, Sophia will radio that she has finished up coordinating the Sisters' and will begin to pull them back. As such, the exits first plugged by Knight-Sisters will be overrun. Use Makoto's stun grenades and the Novus Marines' Magic fire mode to slow them down but not kill them. Get the sisters to the Thunderhawk transports and the Novus Marines will upload into the Flow Pylons and liftoff. Mission complete!

All through the skirmish, you will catch snippets of Kha/Fate's talking (Keira notes wryly that the whole fight's more like domestic violence ) and glimpses of their battle. Once the Marines depart, the end of mission cutscene begins. The twist awaits!

...help in my excitement I spoiled all my Khrack... T_T
... Saji? Keira Knightly?

Quote:
21STE-01
Genderbent of Kha

Probably not as surprised since you already spoiled us... but still At least you picked Caren Ortensia as template

Genderbend fever is RISING

Quote:
I actually thought the same thing

*runs*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-03-24, 23:17   Link #22531
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
[quote=Keroko;1481980]The main difference is that prior to RF6 Hayate had things to do herself anyway. She had school, her own training, probably recovery therapy as well. And according the the manga, she and the Wolkenritter worked together as often as they could, as Hayate is described 'spearheading her Wolkenritter' Hayate and the Wolkenritter tried to stay together as much as they could, but placing Hayate in a captain seat would send her away from Hayate for more then a few days. It would mean she would be away for months.[quote]That was the main thing that always seemed a tad skeckty about the idea.

Quote:
Good points. I think I'll scrap the idea as 'cute, but too OOC to go along with.'
Good, good... *with her now free TK ponders jamming Tesla into his latest fic at somepoint* It didn't make sense with her in the Navy, but it could now... ponders.

Quote:
Oh don't worry, she doesn't clearly recall it at all. The story would start with a few flashbacks that made no sense to her, and the memories would be viewed in her sleep as dreams. Most of the times when you dream you forget them, so this would mean that viewing the memories is for the 'viewers' Tesla herself won't remember much beyond a few flashes here and there.
Tis all good then.

Quote:
I disagree with this. I'm not expecting her to go out and defeat the likes of Vita or Signum in melee (hell, even multi-class Teana should be beyond her), but I do expect her to be able to hold her ground in melee untill help arives or she can find a better vantage point (fend of, take distance, fire away). This is a world of magic after all, there are various ways to rapidly close distances. Teleportation, invisibillity, rapid movement, without melee the Nanohaverse is a dangerous place.
Instructor mode activate!

You say this but you fail to consider a key fact anything that can rapidly CLOSE distance can also rapidly OPEN distance. If we’re fighting in jets I can light my burners and try to close with you, but you can turn away and open up your own throttle and keep the range open. (Assuming rough parity in aircraft). This is why speed is so important in ALL military operations the faster fighter dictates how and where the battle happens and he can use that defeat a technically superior enemy if he exploits it well or gain a huge edge on a lesser foe.

Once speed is roughly equal then you get into stuff like weapons and electronics (spells) come into the equation more forcefully. Hayate has monstrous firepower her problem is she lacks the speed (in all forms) to fully exploit it. The solution isn’t a half assed attempt at melee skills it’s boosting her speed and agility so she can’t be caught to begin with. This is in some ways a problem with Nanoha air combat doctrine in general which seems to involve simply spamming at the enemy and if they get close just giving up or raising a shield. Evasion, use of terrain, team tactics, or even tactical retreats etc appear almost unknown as the mages simply float around firing at targets with little cohesions or tactics apparent.

Hayate seems to have inherited the worst of this sort of doctrine her huge range and power somewhat balance it, but only slightly. She doesn’t need melee skill she just needs to be able to stay OUT of melee. She has plenty of options for this, but she’s never going to get to a point where she can fight even vaguely effective up close in a reasonable amount of time. Besides that playing against her strengths and it’s a one trick pony. If you learn some up close melee skills or defense that’s all you can use that stuff for so basiclly the only time these skills are even useful is when something has gone wrong. Basiclly your wasting a bunch of time learning stuff that you hope to never need to use.

On the other hand speed and various other movement aids are useful in lots of situations for getting to a fight quickly, for getting away from one just as quickly, for keeping the range open, for moving about the battle zone to provide support, etc. Not only will this aided speed probably serve to protect her from melee better then half assed close range skills it can also be useful is supporting her primary mission (as I see it) of providing heavy mobile fire support. (literal flying artillery)

Specialization is not inherently bad in fact it’s vital the problem is that Hayate specialized, but didn’t learn all the needed skills to exploit that specializtion to its fullest potential.

Quote:
According to your logic the army doesn't need to train hand to hand combat either. After all, they've got guns, what do they need hand to hand combat for?
The Army doesn’t really train for hand to hand in actual battle hand to hand training nowadays is basiclly for subduing suspects without having to shot them. It’s also done to instill “aggression”, but its not even vaguely expect that troops are going to go out and do Judo on the enemy or something. More so since most of this training is superficial at best a few hours stabbing stuff with a bayonet and maybe some minor training in grappling. It’s a pittance at best compared to the training done with other sorts of weapons. The fact is a gun is just as effective fired in your face from six feet away as it is from 60 or even 600; same deal with a bombardment spell really.

Also note that most of the newest rifle concepts don’t even have the option for a bayonet anymore.
Instructor mode end
Quote:

Focuss is a lot more towards Hayate recently, but to say Nanoha gets 'the least' love after all the love she has recieved over the course of this thread... This is more a small downpoint then anything else.
I don't know she dose seem a tad neglected at times, but oh well she got plenty of screentime on the show proper...

Quote:
A looooong time back, when 4koma crack was still strong.
I don't even see it as that OOC I think she's more devious then many people really give her credit for.

Quote:
So much to write...
I'm almost done on my latest monster 14,000 words only need to polish up one more scene... and I've got a bunch more planned. I'm acutally kind of pumped about this fic.

Quote:
Plenty of times. I always get them back though.
My family is mostly male with my sister away at school in another state my mom always complains about being surronded by stupid men. Though it flips back with the extended family I've got eight first cousins on my dads side and another eight on my moms, three of those are male besides me and my brother.

Quote:
Chaos, Necron, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau, Tyranids, Orks... take your pick.
Well the orks where deemed to crack even for IRC.

Quote:
I like it, especially the bit about him not liking certain individuals. We need more bad blood in the OC-thread, everyone is getting along too well.
Part of the issue I think is that if you make a character that bad mouths or disses another the author can take it personally; I see it happen WAY too often in RPGs. I know in one RPG I was in my guy beat the shit out of a ten year old kid that attacked another crewmember in a manner that he didn't intend to be, but could have been lethal. That's harsh, but my guy was a fucking 40k Inquisitor (and already the most ludicrously tolerant one in all the Imperium most likely…)

It was totally IC in my (and others) opinions, but he still bitched about it and insinuted I somehow got off on writing about my guy beating a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
What? Wait. You made Tesla a ship's Captain? I thought you meant you made her an "Army" Captain.

Still, for a Devil's Advocate, it might actually still be a good idea. For one thing, Keroko and Tesla must only show up at the fringes of known continuity if they are not to ruin it, and this whole Captain business might be a way to do it naturally.
It's a tad late for that really and this was alaways post StrikerS anyway so the entire thing is moot.

Quote:
You can still have your Tesla side story (the Thrawn parody thing) by having Tesla's ship be the first one into sector (managing to get one ship into place makes the TSAB look a tiny bit better too). TSAB Captains have a tendency to jump into the fray (or send their best mages in their stead) when they feel it necessary - Lindy, for example, so that might be what she did.
If they have no other choice, but I doubt it's smiled upon as something you ought to do regularly. I also don't think many Naval captains are acutally high level mages since those skills have NOTHING to do with running a battleship and having an S rank sit in a chair on a cruiser hardly seems like an effective utilization of human capital... I’d acutally bet that high level mages are greatly discouraged to take positions among the crew of warships.

Quote:
Further, Tk's thing about "gone months" simply does not apply to the TSAB patrol zones. Travel times in the TSAB is generally very short - Unadministered 97 is somewhere around an hour at most to TSAB HQ, which itself is three hours travel to Midchildra. In fact, there seems no place they couldn't get to so far within a day, or even 12 hours.
I don’t recall anything being said about the ships coming from TSAB HQ in StrikerS nor about earth being only an hour away. Where exactly are these numbers coming from?

Quote:
Given this short travel time, by a careful selection of patrol route (surely a mix of Lindy, Carim, Chrono and Verossa could do something about this given what they had already done so far), Tesla could be shipboard and still spend plenty of time with Hayate. Of course, a Captain is supposed to spend time on her ship. But this is the TSAB and in any case Tesla is not technically trained to run ships anyway, so it probably won't be a hazard to safety to leave day to day running to the Vessel Steerer*.
I doubt TSAB ships act like airplanes and take off and go back to the TSAB all the time. There's little reason for them too and even if it only saves a few hours getting to a scene those could be the diffrence between "problem contained with minmal damage" and "City is now a crater".

Quote:
*A TSAB ship does not seem to have a Navigation Officer, only a Vessel Steerer (who will probably act like a steuersmann, not a mere helmsman) and a few people who double as sensor / comms crew led by a single comm / sensor officer.
Insanely small crews an Anime/Sci-fi staple as people tend to drastically underestimate how many people it takes to run a ship and totally neglect to consider who the fuck is running it when the main cast has to you know SLEEP.

Personally I've padded out the crews of my vessels considerably with bridge crews of more like 15 to 20.
Old 2008-03-24, 23:23   Link #22532
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

WHAT?!!!

WHAT IS THIS?!!!

Kha-chan: Ohaiyo, minna-san. Yorushiku! (bows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
*Breathes in*

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

WTF IS THIS KHRACK?!?!?!?!
Kha-chan: Arigatou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Too drowsy for a proper breaker...but I HAD to comment now:

O_o

I knew as soon as I saw your new avi and title, I knew something was up...even with all the genderbending stuff around lately, that's not like you...

So, I must follow in the traditions of Cadian shock:
KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Whatthehellisthismagnificentoutthemindfuckedwindow crackyouhavedone?!?!?

Kha-chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Kha Synch or Mikha
Kha-chan: Mou, iee...

Quote:
... Saji? Keira Knightly?
I promoted a new Cleric-Knight after several recent deaths...

And that was Keira Yamato originally, but Goose made me change it.

Quote:

Probably not as surprised since you already spoiled us... but still At least you picked Caren Ortensia as template

Genderbend fever is RISING
She had the same hair and eyecolor as Kha, so why not? =3

Quote:

Quote:
Kha-chan does not reply. She is dreamily watching F4 performing Meteor Shower on stage.

(So did I... )
Old 2008-03-25, 00:57   Link #22533
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

SURPRISE PROFILE POSTO!!!!!!!!!

Now for something the IRC guys know, and now posting the first part now:

Spoiler for The Shattered Girl:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2008-03-25 at 22:02.
Old 2008-03-25, 01:00   Link #22534
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
And now presenting, CHAPTER 5!

Old 2008-03-25, 01:15   Link #22535
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:

I can sense an epic story coming after reading this.
Old 2008-03-25, 01:19   Link #22536
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

SANJOU!!!!!!!!

Who'd have thought that the very first appearance of the Belkas in a scenario would be in your story?

I'd pay to see that scene of Farukon's look of horror on his face as Hayate helps herself laughing

Old 2008-03-25, 04:10   Link #22537
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
I'm very close to getting this chapter done (Finally)...

Here's a tantilizing snippet of things to come.

Spoiler for Teaser:
Old 2008-03-25, 04:24   Link #22538
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
What? Wait. You made Tesla a ship's Captain? I thought you meant you made her an "Army" Captain.
Oh, you didn't know? Yes I did, her ship was supposed to become the Normandy.

... Which probably explains why I came to the idea in the first place. Mass Effect crack was high back then.

Quote:
Still, for a Devil's Advocate, it might actually still be a good idea. For one thing, Keroko and Tesla must only show up at the fringes of known continuity if they are not to ruin it, and this whole Captain business might be a way to do it naturally.
'must only show up at the fringes of continuity'

*glances at their profiles*

Yeah... safe to say I've already gone and blew that rule since, uhm, forever. Why do you think the OC timeline is called kerokanon?

Quote:
You can still have your Tesla side story (the Thrawn parody thing) by having Tesla's ship be the first one into sector (managing to get one ship into place makes the TSAB look a tiny bit better too). TSAB Captains have a tendency to jump into the fray (or send their best mages in their stead) when they feel it necessary - Lindy, for example, so that might be what she did.
All Lindy ever did was hop in and and throw down a Barrier. Hardly encouraging.

Quote:
Further, Tk's thing about "gone months" simply does not apply to the TSAB patrol zones. Travel times in the TSAB is generally very short - Unadministered 97 is somewhere around an hour at most to TSAB HQ, which itself is three hours travel to Midchildra. In fact, there seems no place they couldn't get to so far within a day, or even 12 hours.
*blink* wait, what? Source on this?

But aside that point, the issue with patroling is that by its very nature it takes time. The TSAB doesn't just hop in a world, see if everything is still there, and moves on (or at least, they shouldn't) They need to scan the worlds for any Lost Logia activety and investigate whether people are using Lost Logia for illegal experiments. Such operations take time.

Quote:
*Flails in utter joy*

Yay! I didn't foul up!! *Does a little jig* I hope I continue to portray your characters correctly :3
Well, that's the thing with Syn. Like Vivio, her profile is still up in the air, because we know nothing of what Vivio's school years are like. This means that as long as there is development in the chapters leading up to them, a lot is possible for Syn.

Quote:
If you count every segment of Kha's life, then every different timeline of Cente Gravia, then all the AU Khrack I'm putting her through, as individually separate fics...

...and that's just me. Add it all up with the other writers, and you'll realize how popular Keroko is.
So I noticed.

Quote:
The pairings are somewhat linear depending on the timeline, and I forgot to include the neutral endings (no pairing) in all timelines, but yeah in UBW, the Sophia ending is easiest to get and the neutral somewhere in the middle (since you get to swap the Aces around for your own benefit at the cost of developing a relationship). Keroko is hardest, because of all that I've said above. She's a good co-fighter and not exactly a buffboard, but there are far more solo-fights in UBW than any other timeline, so it curtails it even more.

However, if you made it, Keroko Kor Fuzion will give you access to both Light and Shadow powers, and Kor Fuzion Schneiderform is H4XX enough for you to go toe-to-toe with Gilgamesh in the final boss battle for glorious justice, and for all the pain you went through to get there. :3

It follows Kerokanon exactly up till they turn 15, then when the Duels begin, UBW deviates. So Keroko'd have all that you see there.

Btw, looks like Madness is the time Kha gets to score some points.
Up till they are fifteen? Ouch, that means Madness is quite a bit harder to achieve (Madness raises all stats at the cost of sanity, it's normally the Berserker class skill. It'd be quite hard for Kha to 'score points' when Keroko is hell bent on killing him methinks. ) But Knowledge of Foremost Harmony would offset the disadvantage of losing Madness as an easy-access skill.

Far worse is that it makes the 'tick of Keroko and survive beatings' a whole lot more improbable, as Keroko has spend a good 8 years with Nanoha and is pretty much calm now, Neltharion's essence sealed away further reducing her outbursts of anger.

Quote:
No not Orks. Fungal lifeforms got KINSHI'd even in the IRC.
Wait, what? Why? We've got data-based lifeforms in canon, why are fungal based lifeforms banned?

Quote:
Yeah that's why Heaven's Feel has the least Khrack, since the Fate ending is the fanon timeline. :3
Aha, sounds like logic.

Quote:
There's too many retcons in there for us to recognize as canon, that's why we never refer to it, but if you like there are translations on the net somewhere...
No kidding, the novel blatantly changes events as they occured in the anime. Talk about a controdictionary source.

Quote:
And...

<.<

>.>

21STE-01
Genderbent of Kha

Ever since the introduction of Archerko, I've been expecting this one to come eventually.

Didn't expect you to genderbend the rest of the cast too, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
We outnumber the males in my household so they're basically doomed
Likewise over here, but I have the advantage of being the oldest.

And I love my sister too much to continuously annoy them. We tease eachother from time to time, but its not even a daily event for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Good, good... *with her now free TK ponders jamming Tesla into his latest fic at somepoint* It didn't make sense with her in the Navy, but it could now... ponders.
Hoo boy.

Quote:
Instructor mode activate!

Spoiler for Instructor Mode Lecture:
*scractches head* Okay, maybe I was a bit unclear on my point.

Do I expect Hayate to defeat oponents in melee? No. Do I expect her to be able to handle herself in melee (which is pretty much inevitable in the Nanohaverse, as 80% of Nanohaverse combat is close-range)? Yes.

Now, I agree that movement spells can be used to escape melee, and they should! Hayate should not stay in melee longer then absolutely neccissary. However, if someone gets the jump on Hayate, I do expect Hayate to be able to block the attack and create an opening to gain that distance. If Hayate lacks the skills to do even that, then specialization becomes a liabillity, as anyone can just take her out in a single strike. Without close-range training, Hayate will lack the experience and knowledge to react to them, leaving her extremely vulnerable.

Once again: I don't expect Hayate to wtfpwn everyone in melee (even though she has tasty melee spells such as Schwarze Wirkung, which I still find a shame to see put on the shelf) I expect her to be able to survive in melee. To be able to block a blow and create an opening to escape. To be able to react to melee attacks. To be able to use her weapon, which is blatantly called 'sword cross' with at least some efficiency.

Even Nanoha, who specializes in range, and Yuuno, who specializes in support, are able to handle themselves in melee. Why is Hayate the only not allowed to do so?

Quote:
The Army doesn’t really train for hand to hand in actual battle hand to hand training nowadays is basiclly for subduing suspects without having to shot them. It’s also done to instill “aggression”, but its not even vaguely expect that troops are going to go out and do Judo on the enemy or something. More so since most of this training is superficial at best a few hours stabbing stuff with a bayonet and maybe some minor training in grappling. It’s a pittance at best compared to the training done with other sorts of weapons. The fact is a gun is just as effective fired in your face from six feet away as it is from 60 or even 600; same deal with a bombardment spell really.

Also note that most of the newest rifle concepts don’t even have the option for a bayonet anymore.
Instructor mode end
Okay, I'll take your word for that. My army knowledge isn't exactly that high.

Though bombardement spells tend to have conciderable charge timers, to use them in melee is like asking to get killed. Hardly a propper comparison.

Quote:
I don't know she dose seem a tad neglected at times, but oh well she got plenty of screentime on the show proper...
That may be one of the reasons. Another could be that she is a tad too... perfect. It's much more fun to write with characters who have visible flaws.

Quote:
I don't even see it as that OOC I think she's more devious then many people really give her credit for.
The sneaky creation of RF6 certainly does point that way.

Quote:
I'm almost done on my latest monster 14,000 words only need to polish up one more scene... and I've got a bunch more planned. I'm acutally kind of pumped about this fic.
14k words? Nice, can we expect to see it soon?

Quote:
Well the orks where deemed to crack even for IRC.
Which makes no sense to me.

Quote:
Part of the issue I think is that if you make a character that bad mouths or disses another the author can take it personally; I see it happen WAY too often in RPGs. I know in one RPG I was in my guy beat the shit out of a ten year old kid that attacked another crewmember in a manner that he didn't intend to be, but could have been lethal. That's harsh, but my guy was a fucking 40k Inquisitor (and already the most ludicrously tolerant one in all the Imperium most likely…) [/COLOR]

It was totally IC in my (and others) opinions, but he still bitched about it and insinuted I somehow got off on writing about my guy beating a child.
I'd like to believe we are all a bit more mature then that.

Quote:
If they have no other choice, but I doubt it's smiled upon as something you ought to do regularly. I also don't think many Naval captains are acutally high level mages since those skills have NOTHING to do with running a battleship and having an S rank sit in a chair on a cruiser hardly seems like an effective utilization of human capital... I’d acutally bet that high level mages are greatly discouraged to take positions among the crew of warships.
Actually, its the reverse. That's one of the things that pissed of Regius, remember? 'The Navy steals all the high-ranked mages' and all that. It's the main reason for the bad blood between the Ground Forces and the Navy.

Quote:

Heeeh? The Yellow Belka gets a daughter? Do write that scenario.

Quote:

... The Belkarangers... Hoooh boy, I sense many facepalms and snarky return comments aproaching from Syn's side.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-03-25 at 06:57.
Old 2008-03-25, 04:36   Link #22539
tshouryuu
Residential Nutcase

Quote:
... The Belkarangers... Hoooh boy, I sense many facepalms and snarky return comments aproaching from Syn's side.
She and me both, sister. She and me both....
Old 2008-03-25, 04:39   Link #22540
arkhangelsk

Quote:
You say this but you fail to consider a key fact anything that can rapidly CLOSE distance can also rapidly OPEN distance. If we’re fighting in jets I can light my burners and try to close with you, but you can turn away and open up your own throttle and keep the range open. (Assuming rough parity in aircraft). This is why speed is so important in ALL military operations the faster fighter dictates how and where the battle happens and he can use that defeat a technically superior enemy if he exploits it well or gain a huge edge on a lesser foe.
Yes and no. A difference here is reaction time and initiative. A fighter jet tends to allow seconds for reaction and both sides are usually not highly different in energy. A fight, however, may not have that luxury, especially since Hayate starts from a standing start in her bombardment position.

Even with a fighter, there will be geometries (especially in close, and Nanoha combat is basically in close by modern fighter standards) where all an extend would do is allow the enemy to get unanswered shots on your tail.

And while speed might somehow be produced, if Hayate had agility, she might not have sucked so much in melee (and note that the manga actually refers to individual fighting, which includes but is not restricted to melee).

Overall, it is almost unimaginable what Hayate's problems must be to get her to lose to Caro. It must be a huge part of the scope...

Quote:
If they have no other choice, but I doubt it's smiled upon as something you ought to do regularly.
We won't know. Lindy went out the first time, and not the second time (but she had to fire Arcenciel that time, too). It seems like Commanders are indeed not supposed to go out for small things, but it seems akin to a Captain not bothering his OOD in simple sailing conditions.

Quote:
I also don't think many Naval captains are acutally high level mages since those skills have NOTHING to do with running a battleship and having an S rank sit in a chair on a cruiser hardly seems like an effective utilization of human capital... I’d acutally bet that high level mages are greatly discouraged to take positions among the crew of warships.
Technical crew? Sure (and why would they when the TSAB is going to let them become an officer anyway). Captains or any other command position (since the "chair" on a cruiser can just as easily be the chair in some land HQ)? Do that and you are putting a glass ceiling against elite mages (it is highly doubtful they can make the higher ranks without serving a term as Vessel Commander). Call it the "good of the Sailing Force" or "efficiency" or whatever, but most people like to think their organization treats them fairly. Do something like this and you are asking them to transfer to civilian employment, where they are in great demand. Even if they stay, they will quit putting their best once the ceiling comes into sight - they know you are not gonna fire them because half their best is still worth more than ten other's "best". Some "effective utilization!"

Skills have nothing to do with running a battleship? What about the fact that an elite mage is likely to be, on average:
1) More experienced - since they'll take a disproportionate amount of tough jobs.
2) More intelligent + better knowledge - an AAA mage is supposed to have a "Master's knowledge" of magic.
3) Better character - from the Experience and also from day to day self-control of their own immense power.
4) Be more respected: Comes from 1-3, especially from accomplishments which make up 1.

What they will lack is a shipboard specialization. But a Captain is by nature a generalist - any specialist past he has is long behind him and he could at most have been a specialist in one field anyway. Given this, the lack of a specialization is unlikely to offset all the trait advantages above. In disallowing elite mages, you are also stripping your Vessel Commander cadres of some of the brightest, most experienced (what passes for them in the TSAB anyway) officers. Is that what the Sailing Force wants?

Quote:
I don’t recall anything being said about the ships coming from TSAB HQ in StrikerS nor about earth being only an hour away. Where exactly are these numbers coming from?
The three hours is from Chrono's fleet time from sortie to Earth. The ~1 hour timeframe for 97-HQ travel is based on events in A's. See how fast they evaced Nanoha to TSAB HQ's hospitals, or how Chrono can arrest our familiars on Earth, bring them to TSAB HQ for interrogation and run back. Even an hour is probably pessimistic.

Quote:
I doubt TSAB ships act like airplanes and take off and go back to the TSAB all the time. There's little reason for them too and even if it only saves a few hours getting to a scene those could be the diffrence between "problem contained with minmal damage" and "City is now a crater".
They might not always go back, but it seems like all of known TSAB space is compressed to such an extent that it is never hard to find a place where you can just skip back to HQ (or Mid) for a bit.

Quote:
Insanely small crews an Anime/Sci-fi staple as people tend to drastically underestimate how many people it takes to run a ship and totally neglect to consider who the fuck is running it when the main cast has to you know SLEEP.
Obviously, the ship is highly automated, so it can run by itself for routine ops

Besides, a small crew actually does give support to the theory that the ships have limited autonomies and often go back.

Quote:
All Lindy ever did was hop in and and throw down a Barrier. Hardly encouraging.
It was, on the other hand, the most important thing, and something that her son and Nanoha could not do.

Quote:
*blink* wait, what? Source on this?
3 hours = draw from StrikerS deployment to Mid.
1 hour = draw from events in Nanoha A.

Quote:
But aside that point, the issue with patroling is that by its very nature it takes time. The TSAB doesn't just hop in a world, see if everything is still there, and moves on (or at least, they shouldn't) They need to scan the worlds for any Lost Logia activety and investigate whether people are using Lost Logia for illegal experiments. Such operations take time.
Point. On the other hand, TSAB sensors have about two sensitivities - very high and just about zero, depending on energy output. Above a threshold they get excellent intelligence, otherwise they are effectively blind. Given this, a regular patrol circuit for maximum search area catching transients is arguably more productive than just orbiting a planet for orbit after orbit.

Quote:
No kidding, the novel blatantly changes events as they occured in the anime. Talk about a controdictionary source.
I still vote for salvage and Maximum Data Retention

Quote:
Actually, its the reverse. That's one of the things that pissed of Regius, remember? 'The Navy steals all the high-ranked mages' and all that. It's the main reason for the bad blood between the Ground Forces and the Navy.
I think Tk wants his elite mages to be Executive Officers (not Enforcers, we've made a mistake in creating a whole culture based on an incorrect Triad translation). The problem is that this causes a rank/capability inversion, which is generally not a good idea in command and control.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2008-03-25 at 05:02.
Closed Thread