3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-26, 02:38   Link #661
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm sure there's gotta be something deeper to Alejandro then his whole wanting the world thing and hope it will come out in episode 25 and not episode 26 6 months later or whenever. There's that whole feud that his family seems to have had with the Schenberg's for several generations now that seems to be motivating him most of all. Maybe his ancestor was one of the scientists who worked on the whole Celestial Being project with Schenberg and they had a falling out. Maybe Schenberg even is his relative several times removed. Or perhaps that could be Ribbons that is a descendant.

Wang Liu Min I'm not so sure about. I think calling her a player is giving her a bit too much credit. It's more like she is playing at being player then actually being one and living out a fantasy that she's having some actual impact on things. As it stands she is really the only character I find to be overwhelmingly weak in this series that is still alive.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 03:05   Link #662
lade

The plan has been subverted , an from alejandro's perspective (he can't get the meister's on his side) impossible at this point, better to kill them and use his recently gained influence to shape the political landscape, which is why the faux drives were given out to the blocs hoping that skill and numbers would take them out ( they've nearly succeeded in that)

Wang I don't see being very ineffectual with her hand's off approach to things, and the fact she doesn't seem to be opposing alejandro and probably the fact she may have had ali as a henchman, adds to my suspicions that this is how the season would end as I mentioned in my previous post.
lade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 05:38   Link #663
Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
hm I tried to post this yesterday but I hit f5 by accident and then just had to laugh. Let's try again.

These last couple episodes have been exciting and all, but if I take the time to back off and think a little it seems like so little of what initially drew me in and made me excited about this show ever materialized. When I think of the word peace, of what kind of mind and drive and ideal could create an organization like Celestial Being, 200 years of watching and waiting for the chance to say to the world "Fuck you, I'm the boss now", to say "I am against all that you stand for, you will change", to say "I am humanity's judge, and you can do nothing but be judged"...honestly, I'm fascinated. I want to understand that arrogance, that absolution, that isolation...how did it come about? Genius? Suffering? Loss?

But you know, there's so little of that. There's no depth. Aeolia Schoenberg, Alejandro Corner, Wang Lyumin--the idealogues, the masterminds, the players--they seem so shallow, so insubstantial, their motivations so limited. How is it that this season's endboss is nothing more than a megalomaniac? Why does Wang Lyumin's arrogance feel so fragile, like it could be shattered if she stepped out of her closed little world for a single moment? How can Aeolia Schoenberg, the creator of the Celestial Being which has shaken the world, die with the last words of a crippled, senile fool.

I finally saw a little of it, in episode 23. Lockon, who had always been the generic elder brother, upstanding, generous, kind...finally showed his selfishness, diving into a suicidal fight, leaving his friends behind, dying for his revenge...his soul left his body pulling a trigger against the earth. In the end he was alone, because he suffered and could not forget. This was what he joined Celestial Being to do. His death didn't move me, but it was finally enough to bring a little coherency to this Celestial Being, and it was almost enough to make me like him.

But you know, that's one character, one character dying, three episodes from the end, that even came close to drawing me into this show. Where is the rest? Where is the character which can pull me out of my world and into theirs? Beyond this world of giant robots fighting, I want to understand: what are they fighting for?

There's really only one scene that's done it for me, that I can say was really original and fresh and immersing, and that was Setsuna's dream. Standing upon the landscape that defined him, the orange of dust, blood, and the setting sun still there, but quiet, at peace, so that he can turn and be told that it is done, that it is finished, that he can stop clutching at the past that weighed him down...I really liked the music. Anyway, episode 25 is called Setsuna. I hope that actually means something. I hope to be drawn into his world again, far away from the contrition of deaths of named characters and 7 gn drives and the ravings of a megalomaniac.

And to dom33, honestly, despite it's flaws, Code Geass is much better at this point.
Chances are what you're looking for will be in season 2. Season 1 seems to be the set up and the consequences of their actions. Season 2 I see being the rebirth and answers side. I wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few flashbacks in season 2 that explain things. We learn it as the characters learn it. As things stand we only know a bit more than what the characters do. And I'm liking that we're learning it as the characters are learning it since we might have similiar reactions to it as them. CB has been set up as a very mysterious organization even to it's members. They've gone into it with their naive ideals shaped by screwed up pasts. Now they're finding out things aren't the way they thought and things don't go as planned, especially when you've got someone screwing with you. Those that survive will elarn from this and open up more as they're finding the secrecy thing is starting to be a problem than a help.
Old 2008-03-26, 07:10   Link #664
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
-snip-
I'd be grateful if you can please stop this kind of pointless rant. It's getting old after 4 or 5 times, so I think it's better to put an end to this before it becomes annoying.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-03-26 at 09:28.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 07:17   Link #665
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

And I would be grateful to you if you didnt quoted him -.-

His rant was the one thing that keep me off Dragonout thread.. Tolerable here because he was added to my ignore list alongside West-someguy troll..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 07:22   Link #666
Blaat

Is the depressed Tomino haunting Gundam again?

What an excellent episode, the last few episodes were really high quality stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Radish wasn't actually the mothership, and those examples you listed generally lasted until the last episodes. The Ptolemy didn't even make it halfway through 00.
I honestly think the show should be seen as two 25 episodes shows and not one 50 episode show. The last few episodes really felt like we're at an end and not a mid way point, especially by Gundam standards. This IMO of course.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 07:54   Link #667
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I'd be grateful if you can please stop this kind of pointless rant. It's getting old after 4 or 5 times, so I think it's better to put an end to this before it becomes annoying.
I'm sorry because i'm still bothered and i can't figure out about what the hell is going on around here. I mean the show is gonna end soon. If the show ends up with the cliffhanger, It will be sad & unforgetable even the show ends, you still can't figure out what's gonna happen in your imagination i mean Gundam 00 will continue this Fall. It's gonna be a long wait for us.

Anyway ever since years ago i've never been a Gundam fan before (i mean I don't Watch SEED & Destiny before) but The first time i watched gundam 00, i was like, WOW! and WOAH!! or something, and then until halfway episode i'm hooked up literally and it's kinda like 'dribbling my saliva' till i spend some time collecting Gashapon Figures (i've collected about 22 figures so far) for that show plus My first Gundam Exia model as a part of my hobby, guys, what do you think?

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2008-03-26 at 08:12.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 08:03   Link #668
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
I'm sorry because i'm still bothered and i can't figure out about what the hell is going on around here. I mean the show is gonna end soon. If the show ends up with the cliffhanger, It will be sad & unforgetable even the show ends, you still can't figure out what's gonna happen in your imagination i mean Gundam 00 will continue this Fall. It's gonna be a long wait for us.

Anyway since years ago i've never been a Gundam fan before (i mean I don't Watch SEED & Destiny before) but The first time i watched gundam 00, i was like, WOW! and WOAH!! or something, and then until halfway episode i'm hooked up literally and it's kinda like 'dribbling my saliva' till i spend some time collecting Gashapon Figures (i've collected about 22 figures so far) for that show plus My first Gundam Exia model as a part of my hobby, guys, what do you think?

I'm glad you realise your mistakes... But don't feel too bad about it. Cause you just happen to be a proof that 00's awesome.... Keeping on babbling about significant events in an anime shows how good the series is. It keeps fans talking about it over and over again!
Old 2008-03-26, 08:08   Link #669
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:

Anyway since years ago i've never been a Gundam fan before (i mean I don't Watch SEED & Destiny before) but The first time i watched gundam 00, i was like, WOW! and WOAH!! or something, and then until halfway episode i'm hooked up literally and it's kinda like 'dribbling my saliva' till i spend some time collecting Gashapon Figures (i've collected about 22 figures so far) for that show plus My first Gundam Exia model as a part of my hobby, guys, what do you think?
well actually I started to resume on collecting gundam model thanx to gundam 00 (I stop collecting like ages ago)

so I guess it's pretty okay
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 08:09   Link #670
Jeffry2009
Banned

Yeah, thanks i know. because Last time I was sad that Ali Al-Sachez is a murdering Son of b*tches like what he did to Kinue Crossroad, The trinity Brothers with that evil smile till i got some nightmares plus My favourite, Lockon Stratos.

All i gotta say last time, he will BURN IN HELL for sure. or does it? rumors said he was presumed dead and he will return and hunt & destroy setsuna for good.
Old 2008-03-26, 08:16   Link #671
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Yeah, thanks i know. because Last time I was sad that Ali Al-Sachez is a murdering Son of b*tches like what he did to Kinue Crossroad, The trinity Brothers with that evil smile till i got some nightmares plus My favourite, Lockon Stratos.

All i gotta say last time, he will BURN IN HELL for sure. or does it? rumors said he was presumed dead and he will return and hunt & destroy setsuna for good.
More like Setsuna destroying Ali for good.... God, I hope Setsuna will dice him in a knife fight... Gundam duels is getting old and i'd like it if Ali and Setsuna fight each other with their MSs, resulting in a stalemate... Then slug it out in an epic knife fight. Just like ol' times...
Old 2008-03-26, 08:42   Link #672
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
More like Setsuna destroying Ali for good.... God, I hope Setsuna will dice him in a knife fight... Gundam duels is getting old and i'd like it if Ali and Setsuna fight each other with their MSs, resulting in a stalemate... Then slug it out in an epic knife fight. Just like ol' times...

And last time i felt disgraced that Alejandro Corner is going to an EVIL and you guys are genius. i mean you're geniusly right. riding with a Big @$$ gold mothership (still unknown where did he get that from. All Gundams have no matched against a new machine i mean they're finally got totaled. I don't believe it)
Old 2008-03-26, 10:09   Link #673
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quite a disappointing ep. they could have maintained the momentum from the previous one but turned out differently, and its nice seeing these moments of knowing more about a bunch of characters and then killing them off the same ep.? Too late.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 13:01   Link #674
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
I wonder if Alehandro really will destroy one or two space elevators and/or damage orbital rings? After collapse of existing power system people will be desperately searching for any good power system and anyone who provide it at this point can really rule the world (after Solar Wars I doubt they can return to fossil fuels, so it must be GN-power)...
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 13:58   Link #675
RedWing

Is it just me or does Nadleeh + Trans-Am= Badass
I mean i really disliked Nadleeh's design but in this ep i was like woah.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 14:19   Link #676
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Is it just me or does Nadleeh + Trans-Am= Badass
I mean i really disliked Nadleeh's design but in this ep i was like woah.
it's cause it's got the genesic gaogaigar thing going.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 14:44   Link #677
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
I wonder if Alehandro really will destroy one or two space elevators and/or damage orbital rings? After collapse of existing power system people will be desperately searching for any good power system and anyone who provide it at this point can really rule the world (after Solar Wars I doubt they can return to fossil fuels, so it must be GN-power)...
Uh a little too far away from the elevators yeah?

And why would he destroy it in the first place?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 15:43   Link #678
mougrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Uh a little too far away from the elevators yeah?

And why would he destroy it in the first place?
From elevators. But not from the ring. And we dont know how far this golden megalomaniacal thingy can shoot it's beams of death
Why would he destroy Solar power system? First, he destroy it and all witnesses. Second, he destroy all remains of CB. Third, he getting from power-hungry Earth gold painted throne of world ruler for something like reliable GN power generators (of course, not perpetual).
Old 2008-03-26, 15:55   Link #679
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
From elevators. But not from the ring. And we dont know how far this golden megalomaniacal thingy can shoot it's beams of death
Why would he destroy Solar power system? First, he destroy it and all witnesses. Second, he destroy all remains of CB. Third, he getting from power-hungry Earth gold painted throne of world ruler for something like reliable GN power generators (of course, not perpetual).
He wants to rule the world, not send into economic failure and world wide recession. That would completely defeat the purpose of what he wants to do. The world's already seeing him as their savior.

The only possible use I could see of it, is if he wants to tip the power of the three blocs. Perhaps destroy all but the HRL bridge, but at that point you'll have wars crop up all over, over that one elevator.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 16:08   Link #680
mougrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He wants to rule the world, not send into economic failure and world wide recession. That would completely defeat the purpose of what he wants to do. The world's already seeing him as their savior.

The only possible use I could see of it, is if he wants to tip the power of the three blocs. Perhaps destroy all but the HRL bridge, but at that point you'll have wars crop up all over, over that one elevator.
Even broken world is still a world. Yen, now world seeing him as savior. But if he will save world from power crisis - to people of the Earth he will become a god-like creature...
But scenario with shaking balance of world power is possible too. His MA (or other MA of this series (if exist) can defend remaining orbital elevator. Alehandro with ally power bloc gets exclusive access to orbital insertion and if he can give them more mass-produced GN-drives, wars will not last too long - opposing forces will be wiped out in no time,,,