AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-11, 07:08   Link #181
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
Who the heck cares?
I care. You know, I don't want to spend $100 on some copies from originals or something alike. I want fully original DVDs, the same you can find in USA stores. That's why I'm asking if someone had any experiences with this kind of eBay stores.
Old 2008-01-11, 07:46   Link #182
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceMan View Post
Has anyone ever bought DVDs on eBay? I'm really curious if they are legit, since their price is a lot lower than on, for example, Amazon.

For example, this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/MY-HIME-VOL-1-DV...3135QQihZ010QQ
When you add in the shipping cost, they are not that much cheaper (and may cost more) than some of the known on-line stores.

Example, DVDPacific My-Hime, Vol. 1 $14.22 (shipping adds $1.98)

So in this case the eBay item cost $12.15 + $5.49 shipping = $17.64, the DVDPacific item costs a total of $16.20
Old 2008-01-12, 06:07   Link #183
AceMan
Observer

Thank you for this link
Since you say DVDPacific is well known, I think I can trust them and order in their store
Old 2008-01-12, 06:29   Link #184
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Thank you for this link
Since you say DVDPacific is well known, I think I can trust them and order in their store
I've been using them for over 4 years now and I order on average about 1 DVD per week so yes, I would say I trust them There are a number of other stores that have been recommended in the The "Where do I buy..." Thread as well.

I notice that you are in Poland, I would suggest that if you order from DVDPacific then you order one DVD at a time and use their USPS International Surface Mail (Surface Mail, not Air Mail). It costs $4.48 per DVD but the advantage is that it's unlikely it will get picked up for Import Duty / Customs Tax. In the U.K. the tax is only applied for items over $30 so a single DVD is usually well under this limit, you might want to check what the limit is in Poland. Shipping by surface mail usually takes 10 to 14 days (sometimes as quick as 5-6 days), so I usually receive the DVD before the official release date (since mail-order companies are allowed to ship before the official release date).
Old 2008-01-13, 18:01   Link #185
AceMan
Observer

I was planning to buy all 7 DVDs at once and choose combined air mail shipping... but now.. until now all items I ordered was from eBay, and sellers marked them as a gift, so no matter how big the package was and how much items cost, there was no additional taxes etc.

I thought it will be the same
Old 2008-02-26, 18:18   Link #186
Yorassuko

Has Bandai ever mentioned making a complete boxset (that has all the episodes together and for a cheaper price)?

...or do I have to buy all 7 $20 dvds and put them in the final box? xD
Old 2008-02-27, 02:23   Link #187
AceMan
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorassuko View Post
...or do I have to buy all 7 $20 dvds and put them in the final box? xD
Exactly. They cost ~$14 each (~$23 for vol.7 with collector's box) in www.dvdpacific.com (thanks a lot xris! I've ordered, they arrived [no taxes or anything] and I'm fully satisfied ^^).

Btw, I think boxsets - which usually contains less DVDs - are worse, because when they want to put the same number of episodes on less number of DVDs, the quality decreases.
Old 2008-02-27, 15:39   Link #188
Yorassuko

Quote:
Exactly. They cost ~$14 each (~$23 for vol.7 with collector's box) in www.dvdpacific.com (thanks a lot xris! I've ordered, they arrived [no taxes or anything] and I'm fully satisfied ^^).

Btw, I think boxsets - which usually contains less DVDs - are worse, because when they want to put the same number of episodes on less number of DVDs, the quality decreases.
Hmm seems it's about $110 for all of it (without shipping) at dvdpacific. That's pretty good compared to a lot of places. Thanks, I'll be thinking about that.

As for the boxsets ...is that really true that dvd quality goes down with those? I never considered that, but I'm not much of a HQ whore anyway ...usually xD

Anyway, I got a boxset for Tenjou Tenge last November and that originally aired the spring before HiME did. So I figured if they were to make a boxset it'd be coming pretty soon. Is it a general rule that a big series'll get a boxset after a few years?
Old 2008-04-05, 17:09   Link #189
Ketchup11
~Mikuness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorassuko View Post
Is it a general rule that a big series'll get a boxset after a few years?
Well, yeah. I've noticed that Funimation's been big about boxsets. They're making them like crazy! But enough with that. Bandai calls some of their sets "Anime Legends" that cost $50. If HiME sells well enough, perhaps it too will get a set like those.
Closed Thread