2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.70%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 1.92%
Voters: 572. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-06, 15:48   Link #621
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metronome View Post
I think the only logical way lelouch need to do in this situation is joining up with either china or europe...
Why not BOTH?

Lulu likes to think big. Granted, the director did mention they wouldn't be able to talk about Europe much due to time limits, but I still think Lulu could have got help from both sides. It wouldn't happen unfortunately, if only to cut down on the number of characters.
Old 2008-04-06, 15:54   Link #622
Seazn
One of the few

Send a message via MSN to Seazn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Why not BOTH?

Lulu likes to think big. Granted, the director did mention they wouldn't be able to talk about Europe much due to time limits, but I still think Lulu could have got help from both sides. It wouldn't happen unfortunately, if only to cut down on the number of characters.
I don't think China made a good impression on Japan after what they planned in Season 1 >.>
Seazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 15:59   Link #623
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seazn View Post
Oh and I found the BIG hand wave before the credits a bit weird and out of place o.O The 'camera' even follows it.
He's Fabulous like that. Maybe its the move that prevents the permanent Geass. They might talk about it next week.
fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:00   Link #624
KrimzonStriker

Just watched through episode 1, a productive and fast-paced start. Can't wait for the next one

On another note, I have a crazy theory about how Lelouch and his permanent Geass will function. In a sense I think he's going to have a split personality, one where he acts the way he normally does with the implanted memory and the other where he activates his Geass full time when he's Zero. Does that work for anyone else?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:05   Link #625
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i fully expect them to fill in the hole between s1 and s2 somewhere along the line, but i was a bit disappointed they didn't even properly introduce rollo. like you got the hint from nee-san, but it got no real mention from the voice acting.

So yeah. Suzaku. pretty kickass. seems dark and foreboding. i normally don't like those kinds of characters, but Suzaku drew me in in s1. much more interesting character than Lelouch if you ask me.

i hope they fill in the aforementioned gap sooner rather than later. because its been nagging at me since i learned they were doing a timeskip to start s2. mind you, i only watched s1 2 or 3 weeks ago, so i haven't had to wait nearly as long as you guys.

i'm pretty sure the geass will turn off at some point again. like i'm guessing that Rollo isn't even his brother, but someone planted to keep watch on him.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:06   Link #626
fruitcage
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Just watched through episode 1, a productive and fast-paced start. Can't wait for the next one

On another note, I have a crazy theory about how Lelouch and his permanent Geass will function. In a sense I think he's going to have a split personality, one where he acts the way he normally does with the implanted memory and the other where he activates his Geass full time when he's Zero. Does that work for anyone else?
Didn't one of the QnA talk about that. Its possible instead of double life, it could be interpreted as double personalty. lol how good are shows that have that theme. Gives bad vibes. I don't want to have an episode of mental breakdowns. D:
fruitcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:07   Link #627
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am a bit (to say the least) surprised to see all the talk about Kallen becoming a possible love interest for Lelouch and what not. I surely don't recall anything in the show hinting at this, and chances of it happening are very very slim at best. She may well have a crush on him, but that doesn't make her a love interest. If Lelouch is going to have romantic feelings for anyone, that is going to be CC. No matter how i twist or turn it, i can't see it happening any other way. And even that will take an eternity before happening, considering the personalities of both Leluch and CC ... so lets take a moment to mourn Euphie - the only confirmed love interest Lelouch has had
I'm not so sure about that.

I think it's perfectly natural to think that Kallen would eventually develop feelings for Lelouch. We would think that it is her zeal for the rebellion against Britannia that is truly driving her to undertake all sorts of risks in order to keep watch over Lelouch in light of the events of Episode 25. I mean, wow, it takes a great deal of guts to go undercover and work in the Tower of Babel, not exactly your typical office working environment. While there are many historical instances of selfless heroism, one cannot help but think that there's something even more fundamental that's driving Kallen. Whether there's more, like a deeper, emotional attachment could be revealed when we see her reaction to Lelouch/Zero upon reuniting. I would say that she's almost as uniquely placed as C.C. as being Lelouch's close confidant.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:12   Link #628
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Split personality? Seems a bit far fetched to tell you the truth as well as the fact that the preview shows he can activate and deactivate it at will again. I'd be too concerned with the consequences of such a thing as a split personality.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:15   Link #629
KrimzonStriker

But it just flows better with why his Geass is activated all the time while he's 'Zero' doesn't it? Perhaps his true personality is the dominant one and can override the other and then go back when he doesn't need the Geass anymore or needs to assert himself in certain situations...>_>
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:17   Link #630
Kristen
*Author

I'll make ratings in 4 weeks after I finish seeing the first season and rewatch these episodes.

This was a really good episode. The music was phenomenal, the deja-vu was incredible, and all was good. And it was good to see that red-haired girl (Sorry, I'm a newbie at Code Geass) show some fighting skills.
Old 2008-04-06, 16:22   Link #631
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I'll make ratings in 4 weeks after I finish seeing the first season and rewatch these episodes.

This was a really good episode. The music was phenomenal, the deja-vu was incredible, and all was good. And it was good to see that red-haired girl (Sorry, I'm a newbie at Code Geass) show some fighting skills.
Kallen Kouzuki, back in style. >:3
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 16:47   Link #632
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
ok so i popped in to see how the forum was doing and i cant believe there are this many post when majority of people have not even seen the episode yet. I am getting ready to sit down to watch right now. Im pleading with people do not make the mods jobs harder if this forum gets locked because people keep posting links and and asking obvious questions that were answered already people are going to be pissed. Just a friendly little please chill the hell out post. Thanks
Old 2008-04-06, 16:55   Link #633
lightbringer
M9000

Hmm, I can understand your concern, but things have been really chill so far (well, except Dann's pessimism, but it seems he's always like that). And you might be wrong about the majority of people not having seen the episode - a lot of people have done so.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 17:06   Link #634
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Hmm, I can understand your concern, but things have been really chill so far (well, except Dann's pessimism, but it seems he's always like that). And you might be wrong about the majority of people not having seen the episode - a lot of people have done so.
Seems like the last couple of pages have been more about speculation than discussing the actually episode. Oh well im watching the episode right now be back once i actually have some constructive to add.
Old 2008-04-06, 17:11   Link #635
Blaat

What a great way to start the second series, certainly there a lot of questions but I fully expect answers.

What impresses me the most is the music, its really epic so far.

Anyway definitely hyped now and I have forgiven them the horrible s1 ending.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 17:11   Link #636
Eviltape

It's finally back! Zero, the OOBK, and the obligatory "As Lelouch vi Brittania, I order you to die!" return. Rollo is as of yet unheard of, but at least the OP reveals he pilots a golden knightmare in front of a ton of purple/blue ones, Brittania's color. It's a bit dark, so it could be either. CC returns with Lulu's knightmare and reaffirms the contract. Interesting that they called CC a witch.

If only the cliffhangers they use were less painful. What exactly happened in the 3-way confrontation? What happened to Nunnaly? What happened to VV? What happened to Ried and R/Lakshata? Will the (wonderfully represented ) Chinese go all attack-y on Britannia? None of these will be answered, of course, until the next episode. If not in the next, they'll allude it to be revealed in the next and not reveal it. The cycle will continue.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 17:15   Link #637
Jechtsphere
The Black Swordsman

Send a message via MSN to Jechtsphere
Well whatever happens I hope Suzaku gets what's coming to him, he makes my blood boil lol, hate him >.<

my most hated character in anime o.O
Jechtsphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 17:43   Link #638
prototype_sky

I love suzaku most lovable character in anime

Already what's with the Suzaku hate failing to protect his woman was enough suffering. I am sure he'll be a much more interesting character this season I hope he is ruthless
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 17:52   Link #639
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jechtsphere View Post
Well whatever happens I hope Suzaku gets what's coming to him, he makes my blood boil lol, hate him >.<

my most hated character in anime o.O
I'd agree with you, and I think most people feel the same way. I think he was designed that way on purpose, as a hopeless idealist to counter Lelouch's fervent pragmatism. Definitely looks less idealistic this season with that scowl on his face at the end however~
Calawain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-06, 17:54   Link #640
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
I have look at it before I went to work today and I like to say that R2 is starting off on a very good spot.

Zero is back but this time some of the OOBK knows that he is Lulu and still going to follow him so they can "destory this world and recreate it" but that comes up with a good question.

Spoiler for Kallen:

For everything else, this series is going to be awesome, and nobody in here(640 posts) didnt talk about this

PIZZA HUT STILL SUPPORTS THE REBELLION!!!