Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-09, 23:23   Link #5541
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
She was waiting for a whole year while Her friends could have been executed any time.

I think she's quite depressed actually.
But was not anxious and was fully composed in episode 26. Anxiousness does not fit in there. So... thanks for furthering my point? If she's anxious about anything, it has little to do with her friends who've been where they've been for a year's time.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:26   Link #5542
KrimzonStriker

What is this? You used to respond to almost all of my posts before Var
Old 2008-04-09, 23:29   Link #5543
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
What is this? You used to respond to almost all of my posts before Var
I saw nothing to dispute in your point. You didn't even make any claim to anything other than what has already been said by the director. What do you want me to do? Argue with Taniguchi?
Old 2008-04-09, 23:30   Link #5544
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
IBut was not anxious and was fully composed in episode 26. Anxiousness does not fit in there. So... thanks for furthering my point? If she's anxious about anything, it has little to do with her friends who've been where they've been for a year's time.
I have a different view about that. After a whole year, she could be in a hurry. She could also be pissed to wait for Zero to do something because now he is back she knows that her friends could be executed soon.

If I were her, I will be anxious about that "danger".
Old 2008-04-09, 23:32   Link #5545
KrimzonStriker

Well, that would be rather amusing to watch

But I did put up an alternative that the situation isn't exactly stress free from what it once was given the condition of the Order and the sudden dis-communication of the guy who you just banked everything to rescue and hopefully revive your decaying carcass of a rebellion.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:33   Link #5546
Var
Banned

Quote:
I have a different view of the situation. After a whole year, she could be in a hurry. She could also be pissed to wait for Zero to do something because now he is back she knows that her friends could be executed soon.

If I was her, I will be anxious about that "danger".
She has no reason to doubt Lelouch. He has as much riding on this as her. It is the same situation as before. She was always composed before, why would that change now?

As to adress pissed; she has no reason for that. As I said, she's no reason to doubt him now. If she's anxious she'd risk her own agenda, she knows that full well. So there's no reason for her to act so out of character over something like this.

Quote:
Well, that would be rather amusing to watch

But I did put up an alternative that the situation isn't exactly stress free from what it once was given the condition of the Order and the sudden dis-communication of the guy who you just banked everything to rescue and hopefully revive your decaying carcass of a rebellion.
Apologize, I missed that segment. Though I really have nothing to say against it as it is fully possible to be the case, but it still feels out of place. Because, from the way it is worded, she seems to know he is fine since she's waiting for orders and not an obituary.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:35   Link #5547
Aquaman OS

Maybe Kallen is subconsiously having less confidence in Lelouch now that she knows he's someone her age who she knew quite well. He might have been bumped down from a Messiah like figure in her mind due to the fact thats she's interacted with him in the past. She's no longer thinking "It's Zero, we're nothing compared to him, there's nothing he should fear, as he's Zero." but more along the lines of "Lelouch.. will he really be ok?" This is more an issue for her than the rest of the order as they still really don't know who he is. He's gone from a masked man with an obvious alias to a man they've never seen or heard of before so he can still be larger than life to them. Kallen....not so much anymore. She's seen him at his most ordinary and wimpy.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:36   Link #5548
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
She has no reason to doubt Lelouch. He has as much riding on this as her. It is the same situation as before. She was always composed before, why would that change now?
Good point.

But people can change with time, you know ^^.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:39   Link #5549
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Apologize, I missed that segment. Though I really have nothing to say against it as it is fully possible to be the case, but it still feels out of place. Because, from the way it is worded, she seems to know he is fine since she's waiting for orders and not an obituary.
I don't know, like I said the situation is pretty grim, maybe she's worried about her obituary and that of the Orders more then the one for Lelouch. Then there's the whole issue of the last time he went off on his own during episode 25, and that wasn't exactly the greatest precedent to leave for your followers I would imagine >_>
Old 2008-04-09, 23:39   Link #5550
Morgun

And maybe the spoiler is over exaggerating and she isn't feeling anxious at all.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:40   Link #5551
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Maybe Kallen is subconsiously having less confidence in Lelouch now that she knows he's someone her age who she knew quite well. He might have been bumped down from a Messiah like figure in her mind due to the fact thats she's interacted with him in the past. She's no longer thinking "It's Zero, we're nothing compared to him, there's nothing he should fear, as he's Zero." but more along the lines of "Lelouch.. will he really be ok?" This is more an issue for her than the rest of the order as they still really don't know who he is. He's gone from a masked man with an obvious alias to a man they've never seen or heard of before so he can still be larger than life to them. Kallen....not so much anymore. She's seen him at his most ordinary and wimpy.
If she's having less convidence in him she wouldn't be going to such great lengths to get him back (see: risking life parading as a degrading bunny girl). He may not be a messiah anymore, if he ever was to her (more like a brother replacement before), but he's still a man who performed miracles. There's no established reason for her to doubt him after having reaffirmed her commitment to him and the OotBK.

She's hardly ever seen him wimpy. She's seen Lelouch Lamperouge wimpy. She's also seen him offer his gun to Tamaki to shoot him if he feels that he can't lead them. The words he told to her in nine, which are closest to his character, are not wimpy words. They are words that tell you to bear through and eventually do the right thing but in a great manner (ie. change the world, not the singular situation).

Quote:
Good point.

But people can change with time, you know ^^.
I understand that full well, but if she did not show the change in the course of an entire year, it would be rather odd for her to randomly show this in episode 2.

Quote:
I don't know, like I said the situation is pretty grim, maybe she's worried about her obituary and that of the Orders more then the one for Lelouch. Then there's the whole issue of the last time he went off on his own during episode 25, and that wasn't exactly the greatest precedent to leave for your followers I would imagine >_>
Right, but now we all know Nunally is gone, as does she since there's no indication she's been mind-raped, so there's really nothing left holding Lelouch down. If anything, I'd be more able to follow him now that I know his restrictions are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun View Post
And maybe the spoiler is over exaggerating and she isn't feeling anxious at all.
Then there'd be no point in calling this a spoiler and speculation thread.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:44   Link #5552
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I understand that full well, but if she did not show the change in the course of an entire year, it would be rather odd for her to randomly show this in episode 2.
After only one Turn, how can we tell she is exactly the same now...
Old 2008-04-09, 23:45   Link #5553
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Right, but now we all know Nunally is gone, as does she since there's no indication she's been mind-raped, so there's really nothing left holding Lelouch down. If anything, I'd be more able to follow him now that I know his restrictions are gone.
Knowing and managing to control your habits are sometimes different things, like trauma, you have a bad experience and when faced with the same predicament, even when it shouldn't effect you thanks to some change in circumstance, you can't help but react. Plus, there is that whole thing about appearing in next month's obituary if they don't start pulling some rabbits out of the hat and revive the Order
Old 2008-04-09, 23:48   Link #5554
Var
Banned

Quote:
After only one Turn, how can we tell she is exactly the same now...
We know she's changed but she's shown no hesitation in her actions. Someone who offers to do what she did probably doesn't have problems of doubt and anxiousness as they'd give her away incredibly quickly.

She greated Lelouch with his own line from Refrain, which means she's changed in her understanding of him at the very least. I'm not disputing that she's changed, I'm saying that she's not changed in ways that would lead to 'anxiousness' unless it involves Lelouch and not the mission. Since the mission was presented in Turn 1.

Quote:
Knowing and managing to control your habits are sometimes different things, like trauma, you have a bad experience and when faced with the same predicament, even when it shouldn't effect you thanks to some change in circumstance, you can't help but react. Plus, there is that whole thing about appearing in next month's obituary if they don't start pulling some rabbits out of the hat and revive the Order
Well that's true, but she's shown as a strong willed person. So that becomes a little less likely to be the case. But an obituary report would be funny.
Old 2008-04-09, 23:54   Link #5555
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well that's true, but she's shown as a strong willed person. So that becomes a little less likely to be the case. But an obituary report would be funny.
And she's shown to have a softer and more fragile side too, episode 9 is a good example, as was her reaction at the end of episode 25. We'll see what's up in episode 3 I guess.

You know, that last line suddenly has me picturing Zero saying "News of my demise has been greatly exaggerated" when he makes his return
Old 2008-04-10, 00:02   Link #5556
Var
Banned

Quote:
And she's shown to have a softer and more fragile side too, episode 9 is a good example, as was her reaction at the end of episode 25. We'll see what's up in episode 3 I guess.

You know, that last line suddenly has me picturing Zero saying "News of my demise has been greatly exaggerated" when he makes his return
And Lelouch has a similar side as well, never stopped him from doing what needed to be done. Twenty-five, I'd call more a shattering of her ideal brother-replacement. So that's more expected. It'd be akin to the Emperor telling Lelouch some obscene thing that'd just wreck his world. "Lelouch! I'm your mother! Behold the power of my Geass!"

Ahh, that would be the greatest way for someone to make a return.
Old 2008-04-10, 00:04   Link #5557
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
And Lelouch has a similar side as well, never stopped him from doing what needed to be done. Twenty-five, I'd call more a shattering of her ideal brother-replacement. So that's more expected. It'd be akin to the Emperor telling Lelouch some obscene thing that'd just wreck his world. "Lelouch! I'm your mother! Behold the power of my Geass!"

Ahh, that would be the greatest way for someone to make a return.
Technically, being anxious about your situation and awaiting orders is a part of doing what needs to be done.

And yes, for once I wholeheartedly agree with you Var, best return ever!!
Old 2008-04-10, 00:08   Link #5558
Aquaman OS

Quote:
If she's having less convidence in him she wouldn't be going to such great lengths to get him back (see: risking life parading as a degrading bunny girl). He may not be a messiah anymore, if he ever was to her (more like a brother replacement before), but he's still a man who performed miracles. There's no established reason for her to doubt him after having reaffirmed her commitment to him and the OotBK.
That's not what I meant. I know she's willing to fight for him, and she knows Japan needs him. It's just that no matter what she claims she's thinking things are different between them now. He can't be larger than life to her anymore. She's seen Lelouch Lamperouge wimpy. And she now knows that Lelouch Lamperouge=Zero. So in the back of her mind there still might be a little voice telling her "It's Lelouch, will he really be ok?" Especially since she apparantly saw him get shot and arrested rather easily by Suzaku in front of her.

That doesn't mean she doesn't trust him or believe in him. Just that she might be more worried for his safety now, since he's been "humanized"
Old 2008-04-10, 00:09   Link #5559
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
Everything in this post is in Japanese!

You mentioned not being able to see Newtype clearly, so here's that transcribed (I don't know Japanese so I can't translate; this is from 2ch)

Spoiler for Newtype Episode 2-5 spoilered for size:

Here's Animedia's, also from 2ch.

Spoiler for Animedia Episode 2-5:

Animage (small)

Spoiler for Animage 2-5:

And here's episode 2-3 summaries from I believe a TV guide of some sort.

Spoiler for 2-3:
ok, thanks for posting so I don't have to check 2ch.
I can type up the translation once I got home, I translated Newtype's one already anyway.

Unless someone did it already. I am looking forward to ep5 so bad already. C.C. will rocks
Old 2008-04-10, 00:10   Link #5560
Var
Banned

Quote:
Technically, being anxious about your situation and awaiting orders is a part of doing what needs to be done.

And yes, for once I wholeheartedly agree with you Var, best return ever!!
No, being anxious is not a good thing to be when waiting for orders. The best to be is what Kallen was in S1, calm, collect, and ready for anything - completely faithful in her leaders capabilities. Not sitting on the edge of your seat and ready to fall off at the slightest breeze.

This isn't the first time we've agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
ok, thanks for posting so I don't have to check 2ch.
I can type up the translation once I got home, I translated Newtype's one already anyway.

Unless someone did it already.
It was put up a few pages back by Serenade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
That's not what I meant. I know she's willing to fight for him, and she knows Japan needs him. It's just that no matter what she claims she's thinking things are different between them now. He can't be larger than life to her anymore. She's seen Lelouch Lamperouge wimpy. And she now knows that Lelouch Lamperouge=Zero. So in the back of her mind there still might be a little voice telling her "It's Lelouch, will he really be ok?" Especially since she apparantly saw him get shot and arrested rather easily by Suzaku in front of her.

That doesn't mean she doesn't trust him or believe in him. Just that she might be more worried for his safety now, since he's been "humanized"
And like I said, there's no reason for her to doubt Lelouch's abilities in leading them to victory. He no longer has any obstacles to hold him back. And while she's seen Lelouch Lamperouge wimpy, she's seen Zero( the other face of Lelouch) lead them to victory against all odds. If she managed to reaffirm her conviction in him after 25 then she's had to at least pieced together the real Lelouch.

He is the same person he was before, he has led them to great victories. She has no reason to doubt that on what she's him act like in school. Lest, we start wondering if Lelouch thinks Kallen is a weakling due to how she acts in school.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers