AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-03, 05:33   Link #21
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
Are school trips during high school a common feature of Japanese high schools? Are overseas trips common? Or is the location plausible only for an exclusive private school like Lillian?
Yes, here in Japan, we have a field trip called "shugaku ryoko" (technically, "go see the world and open your eyes to a broader view" trip) in the second year of middle school and once again in the second year of high school. You see this a lot in Japanese anime/manga because it is part of our school culture.

When I was in middle school, we all went to Kyoto. In high school, we went to Guam.

It depends on the school whether they go. I don't know how or if this system even exists in other countries, but usually schools get big discounts with large travel agencies and plane companies during this "shugaku ryoko" season. So for instance, a entire school trip to go to Guam in high school only costed 20,000 yen per student (each student has to pay). Well, minus passport fees but who doesn't have a passport these days? A strange thing is that it is actually cheaper to go take a trip to a foreign country than taking a trip within Japan. Whereas a roundtrip ticket from Tokyo (Haneda) to Osaka (KIX) can cost over 60,000 yen - you can go take a roundtrip vacation with hotels and tours all included from Tokyo (Narita) to Hawaii for around 40,000 yen.

Hence, I am contemplating whether to visit the US Western seaboard during the summer - while it is a peak season, if I don't mind which plane company (most likely Thai Airways or Korean Air) I can go for around 50,000 - 60,000 yen roundtrip.
Old 2004-04-03, 11:11   Link #22
atua

Thanks for your answer kj1980. I find the whole overseas school trip idea facinating since we don't do anything like that here. At least within the school system anyway. But I guess if it's cheaper to go overseas than to travel within Japan then it makes sense. The students will have a more interesting experience too, so everyone benefits.
Old 2004-04-05, 04:52   Link #23
Zap

Here in the US some classes go on extended field trips. For instance. some classes in the GATE program. I've been on a week long trip to Washington DC and a week long bus trip through California.
Old 2004-04-05, 10:00   Link #24
catcat
M.O.M.O ^_^

when i was in high school (catholic co-ed)...in canada, our school also had extended field trips which usually were between a week to a month. we went to france (french class), italy (religion class) and washington dc & new york city (history class) during my duration at the school. and if u didn't attend the subject, you couldn't be in it =/
Old 2004-05-26, 03:24   Link #25
Rei's Cookies
Rei little soeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
No, not really....it's more about Kanako and Sachiko for Yumi.

Spoiler:
Can you explain this more for me? Tell me full of spoilers. ^__~ I'm very interested with Kanako at the moment, and since it's very UN-likely that volume 17 will be made into anime for the 2nd season, I won't know about this for a LONG time unless you tell me. *sniffle*

Also besides this little story in vol. 17, can you tell me a little more about Kanako's interactions with the roses?

What I know so far about Kanako...
Spoiler:

Also, I heard that Noriko and Touko were shown in the teaser for next season, do you think Kanako will be shown in the 2nd season too? (what book does she first show up in?)

Thank you!!
Old 2004-05-26, 07:20   Link #26
atua

Spoiler for info on Kanako:
Old 2004-05-26, 11:24   Link #27
Rei's Cookies
Rei little soeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
Spoiler for info on Kanako:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-02, 02:20   Link #28
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Spoiler:
Just finished reading vol.17

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-02, 21:24   Link #29
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
Any plan from lililicious to translate Marimite novel?

Here is where english translations of the novels are being started.

http://www.saicoink.com/marimite/
Old 2004-06-05, 08:00   Link #30
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets Yumi
Here is where english translations of the novels are being started.

http://www.saicoink.com/marimite/
Why do they start from Valentine episode?
Have they translated the previous books?
Old 2004-06-05, 11:46   Link #31
Sweets Yumi
Queen Marimite ~♥~

She said the Valentine was her favourite book, so they started with it. It's the only one they've been working on so far.

June 9th will be around the next update.
Closed Thread