AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-21, 10:39   Link #41
kitten320

Exclamation Mai Hime/Mai Otome dubbed voices

What can I say.I never liked dubbling in any kind of anime,but this killed me!Here are some links with some dubblings...
1)It is Shizuru dubbling from Otome(It scares me to imagine HIME 23rd episode an the moment when she calls Kiyohime )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekbqAFe_Ug

2)It is Shiho,Nao and Arika dubblings.Well Nao and Arika don't sound very bad,but Shiho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCiGURKLjug

3)Well I think everybody remember karaoke part from 16tth episode and Akira/Takumi scene.When I saw this part in japanese I thoyght that Nagi can't sing,but here I think Nagi is one of the best singers.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v7213366DYB84qx

4)And here you can compare Japanese and English voices of Nina,Arika and Mashiro (Well Mashiro doesn;t sound so bad when she is angry)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzJPj...elated&search=

I agree that some voices maybe aren't very bad,but some...
So what do you think?
Old 2007-08-21, 13:00   Link #42
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
When I saw this part in japanese I thoyght that Nagi can't sing,but here I think Nagi is one of the best singers.
Actually this guy is better as a singer. But when he speaks normally, I can't truly stand his tone. Too flat.
Old 2007-08-23, 18:37   Link #43
MidoriHiME

Quote:
3)Well I think everybody remember karaoke part from 16tth episode and Akira/Takumi scene.When I saw this part in japanese I thoyght that Nagi can't sing,but here I think Nagi is one of the best singers.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v7213366DYB84qx
That's a fandub, for one thing. For another, Natsuki, Midori, Nagi, and Nao were obviously singing badly on purpose xD
Old 2007-08-24, 11:13   Link #44
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

*shiver* I still don't like Shizuru's southern accent. It just doesn't translate well. Nao actually sounds sort of on part with the Japanese one, but I'm a bit indifferent about Shiho's.
Old 2007-09-05, 19:48   Link #45
Silvx

Well my copy of volume 1 finally arrived yesterday, Watched it all once yesterday and once again today. My overall judgment now will be: I actually like it quite a bit. The first episode it seems the VA's are off a little, nina's voice if kind of... flat-ish doesn't have much energy, but it picks up in the next episodes. Shizuru's voice isn't as bad once you listen to it a fair amount and the rest of the cast is quite fitting. Aside from Nagi.. I just don't like his. I can't wait for Volume 2 to come out and even better, when all the drama starts. Tomoe going nuts, Nina yelling at Arika etc ^^
Old 2007-09-20, 03:21   Link #46
Silvx

Recieved volume 2, Glad to see they played off Nina's weakness fairly well, VA's seem to be more suiting for the part too, that or I've just grown on them from watching Volume 1, Volume 3 hassss the Hiking trip I think right? so some drama there, then volume 4 will end right before all the real drama bah, How often are DVD volume's released anyway?
Old 2007-09-20, 11:12   Link #47
Midonin
Last Engage

There's about a two-month seperation between volumes.
Old 2008-02-01, 01:39   Link #48
LolitaChan

Hey aI dont mean ot jump in or am not even sure if any one comes on this forum but I wan tto know how you all think Haruka and Erstin sound in both Hime and Otome.

Also I too am a voice artist for these two cartoons and I unfortunately unlike Morgan know little about anime but I do think that everyone should let up on the English voice actors when it comes to pronouncing words correctly. Most of us are english first language and Japanese is a very HARD Language to learn!!!! I do my very best and I know so does everyone else! Hi Morgan you might not remember me but I see you in the green room all the time! : )

Last edited by xris; 2008-02-01 at 03:37.
Old 2008-02-01, 09:53   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolitaChan View Post
Hey aI dont mean ot jump in or am not even sure if any one comes on this forum but I wan tto know how you all think Haruka and Erstin sound in both Hime and Otome.
Haruka and Erstin sound pretty good to me. Haruka is a very hard character to capture. My own opinion is that Haruka's voice actress did do a good job of conveying Haruka's confidence and pride and strength.

Erstin was nice and solid.

Overall, I felt that the Otome voice actors and actresses did a good job, particularly Arika & Nina & Nao/Juliet's voice actresses.

I know that a lot of fans don't like Shizuru having a southern accent, and I myself am not sure if it was the best way to go with her, but Shizuru's voice actress deserves much credit for getting a lot of key things right with the character's voice beyond the accent alone - i.e. making Shizuru sound elegent, almost always cool, calm, and collected, confident, and having a lower tone of voice.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2008-02-01 at 10:04.
Old 2008-02-02, 18:08   Link #50
Misunne

I kinda like the clip with Shiho and Nao. Not awesome, but it's decent to be dubbed. Hmm, but I think Shizuru's voice annoyed me a little to much. The Shizuruness is gone >_<
Old 2008-02-02, 21:22   Link #51
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
What can I say.I never liked dubbling in any kind of anime,but this killed me!Here are some links with some dubblings...
1)It is Shizuru dubbling from Otome(It scares me to imagine HIME 23rd episode an the moment when she calls Kiyohime )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ekbqAFe_Ug
While I was wincing at Shizuru, Reito had me going "...damn, that actually sounds better then the japanese"
Old 2008-02-04, 12:47   Link #52
FET-Kun

Honestly... the voices in the dub, overall, are pretty poor. For most of the actors, HiME/Otome is their first work in an anime or they have very limited experience as is, and it shows. I realize everyone has to start some place.... but it's still unfortunate. I very much respect them as Voice Actors, as I'm an aspiring AVA.

Last edited by FET-Kun; 2008-04-11 at 13:40.
Old 2008-02-04, 21:23   Link #53
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
Well I just watched some of the Otome dub for the first time and I like it better than the HiME dub. The Otome dub is nothing special but, eh, when languages are so different it's hard to find something completely satisfying. I think many dubs get more crap than they deserve because people don't put the differences of the languages into consideration. But I digress..

I still prefer listening to the Japanese with both HiME and Otome. The voice acting was beyond spectacular in both.
Old 2008-04-12, 23:25   Link #54
MightySpirit
Yuri Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to MightySpirit
What can I say.. I almost died when I first heard the dubbing for Mai-HiME/Otome
I clicked on some Natsuki/Shizuru dub on youtube and thought it was fake, and I was shocked to find out it was the actually dubbing

I mean, the voice acting isn't bad, and I was eventually able to get to use to it (sort of..)
But it just has such a different feel then the japanese voices
And alot of japanese terms get screwed up when put into English >.<
Hmm, probably the thing that freaked me out the most was Shizuru's voice..
I understand it has to be different, but I really don't like that accent >_>

Overall, it was nice and some of the character's voices did fit well
But I suppose I have a thing for Japanese voices compared to English
It was just such an odd change when I watched them in Japanese and English

Closed Thread