AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-20, 22:01   Link #1
iogup

Any suggestions?

I just finished watching Myself;Yourself and Ichigo 100%. Myself;Yourself was a kind of depressing, funny, romance, friendship kind of anime and Ichigo 100% was a kind of funny, romance kind of anime.

Any suggestions on what it should watch next?

I like those Comedy/ Romance or Friendship kind of Anime!!
Old 2008-04-20, 22:43   Link #2
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
If you like friendship, then you should definitely watch Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight, because it is a beautiful masterpiece.

For comedy/romance, I still think that Mahoromatic is one of the best at doing this, and if you haven't watched the classics Love Hina and School Rumble yet, you should. If you don't mind action, you might also want to try Zero no Tsukaima, Full Metal Panic!, and to a lesser extent (regarding comedy), Shakugan no Shana.

If you're looking for more "interesting" relationships, then you might want to try Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins.

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-20 at 23:09.
Old 2008-04-20, 23:01   Link #3
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

^Seconded^.
Zero no Tsukaima would be a better choice for comedy/romance than Shakugan no Shana is though, there's not that much action in it too.

For more friendship themes though, you might want to try Maria-sama ga Miteru. It's a slow school/slice-of-life anime with a bit of comedy and romance, but it's mainly about the characters: their interaction, their development, friendships, etc.

Kanon 2006 is an anime where a character returns to a city after 8 years too. It focuses on his relationships (mostly platonic) with five girls with some of whom he had a connection with several years prior. It also has a depressing feel, but it's much more apparent and sad than Myself; Yourself is.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-04-20 at 23:19.
Old 2008-04-20, 23:38   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
How can you compare a low 7 anime like Myself ; Yourself to a high 7 anime like Kanon 2006? Just beware that Kanon is more dramatic and less funny than Myself ; Yourself, even though they are interestingly similar in some parts.
Old 2008-04-21, 06:27   Link #5
NervZero
RAWR!!!

Send a message via AIM to NervZero
LOL.. Does that mean anything will work?

Rurouni Kenshin EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS ANIME!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...nime.php?id=73

This anime fits what you said because its action, adventure, comedy, drama, romance
Old 2008-04-21, 11:05   Link #6
Frans

Manabi Straight definitely one of the best friendship anime.. but almost no romance. I still recommend it though
Another good friendship anime is Honey and Clover... It got comedy and romance.. but ultimately is a life drama... so it's deeper than any of your example.
Old 2008-04-21, 12:53   Link #7
IHaveCrayons

I think Ouran High School Host Club and School Rumble are both some of the funniest comedy/romance animes out there. Clannad is much more serious but also has a lot of comedy in it along with having a pretty good plot.
Closed Thread