AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2008-04-11, 12:39   Link #2401
TehSanity
Lurker

Some, but on the side of unlikey. There isn't additional material like another light novel or manga to create another season like KyoAni usually do. KyoAni is unlikely to create totally original material for another season. Also, if there's a new season, it's near impossible for the new season to be a direct continuation of the first. The girls in college seems very unlikely.

However... we can still keep our hopes high. Because of this,
http://www.onemanga.com/Lucky_Star_Pocket_Travelers/
TehSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 00:22   Link #2402
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

Thanks for showing that to us. It seems further removed from reality than the Lucky Star anime, so connecting them together would be difficult. The plot, where the regulars are dependent on Yutaka-chan of all people, is one of interest to me.

On a personal note, I will be promoting my poetry books on a local radio station in the near future. No exact date has been set yet, but the advertizing deal has already been paid for. I hope I will be able to draw a crowd the way Yutaka did.
Lucky_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 15:13   Link #2403
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
Couldn't tell you about the radio play stuff... method.
Uh, maybe it'd been better had I explained I meant fans doing a kind of 'fan-dub' reading of fanfics as a You-Tube or an audio-clip "radio play" type of thing, nothing as pro or sophisticated as the anime fan-dub groups you've probably met.

Lucky Day, good luck with your poetry! Can you fanfic.net a sample??

Dee

Last edited by Dee Eon; 2008-04-12 at 15:14. Reason: spell
Dee Eon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 18:47   Link #2404
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

Smile

Currently all the poems can be seen at http://www.angelfire.com/ga2/swlucky/ and on my website. If sales pick up, I might move them to a more discreet location. In addition, the poem Ode To Laura can be seen on the previous page. The "Lisa" story as I call it turned out to be an event far more important than it seemed. Besides the obvious similarity at the end, I relate it to the way Tsukasa listens to the shell. She feels so good listening to the sounds of the ocean, then a bug crawls out of its shell and she runs away. It also reminds me of the man who secretly bought the doll from Kagami because he was too embarased to purchase it himself.
Old 2008-04-19, 04:44   Link #2405
Dee Eon

Chapter Two of "Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret" Is In

Hi All!

Well, here's my second shameless bid at self-promotion I hope you'd pardon me for, but the beta doujinshi chapter two of "Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret" is up at fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4184788/...acedOut_Secret .

I truly appreciate all feedback and flames as reviews at the site.

Thanks All!
Dee
Old 2008-04-20, 10:11   Link #2406
Dee Eon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_Day View Post
Currently all the poems can be seen at http://www.angelfire.com/ga2/swlucky/ and on my website. If sales pick up, I might move them to a more discreet location. In addition, the poem Ode To Laura can be seen on the previous page. The "Lisa" story as I call it turned out to be an event far more important than it seemed. Besides the obvious similarity at the end, I relate it to the way Tsukasa listens to the shell. She feels so good listening to the sounds of the ocean, then a bug crawls out of its shell and she runs away. It also reminds me of the man who secretly bought the doll from Kagami because he was too embarased to purchase it himself.

Lucky Day, why is that page showing "Error 404" all the time? Do you have another site to take a look-see at your stuff?

Dee
Old 2008-04-20, 15:31   Link #2407
aorta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehSanity View Post
Some, but on the side of unlikey. There isn't additional material like another light novel or manga to create another season like KyoAni usually do. KyoAni is unlikely to create totally original material for another season. Also, if there's a new season, it's near impossible for the new season to be a direct continuation of the first. The girls in college seems very unlikely.

However... we can still keep our hopes high. Because of this,
http://www.onemanga.com/Lucky_Star_Pocket_Travelers/
There is a light novel for Lucky Star. Maybe they could animate that.
Old 2008-04-22, 22:16   Link #2408
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

It worked fine for me. My main website is http://www.swlucky.net. Perhaps that will work. This is one of those weeks where I am doing many things at once and feel like I am accomplishing nothing.
Old 2008-04-23, 18:09   Link #2409
Dee Eon

Hi All!

Well, here's my third shameless bid at self-promotion for the beta doujinshi chapter three of "Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret" at fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4184788/...acedOut_Secret now serving at FF.net.

Like Chapter 2, it contains hidden Japan treasure (or more like pop Jap site/feature) hunt clues beneath the story which will keep building with each chapter.

I truly appreciate any and all feedback and flames as reviews at the FF.net site well as here.

Please!

Thanks All!
Dee

Last edited by Dee Eon; 2008-04-25 at 08:57. Reason: update
Old 2008-04-24, 10:10   Link #2410
TehSanity
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aorta View Post
There is a light novel for Lucky Star. Maybe they could animate that.
Hopefully they would, I hope Kagami (the author, not the tsundere) finishes that or at least gets working on it soon. Hopefully after Vanishment of Haruhi and Clannad- After Story we get something L*S related come up announced.
TehSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 17:46   Link #2411
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

Exclamation

For those of you who are interested, my radio interview has been scheduled for Thursday around 2 pm EDT. It will be done over the phone, recorded, and played on a number of radio stations. (No list available.) This will be my first interview of this type. Somehow I will find a way to keep you informed and keep this on topic. With my radio interview I guess I could be considered a "Lucky" Star, but I can do better than that. I wonder what gaming pro Konata would do if she had to muti-task like I am doing. To make it more of a challenge, I am also starting a new job with an insurance company.
Old 2008-04-29, 17:42   Link #2412
Japanophile_Nerd
Lucky Star Luvr

Unhappy Omg!

I never watch the show... Just like the way they look (I cant watch the show because if anyone of my friends found out I watch Anime stuff i'd be a social outcast!!!... You try explaning the ingenious storyline of this wonderfull J-Anime to a football jockie... or 6... )
Japanophile_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 18:40   Link #2413
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Maybe you have the wrong friends? ... or perhaps you're misusing the word "friends" when you really mean "acquaintenances" or "schoolmates".
Old 2008-04-29, 20:59   Link #2414
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

I don't know what it is like not to be a social outcast. For me, it seems I am either dominant or an outcast. Perhaps one day I will find a middle ground.
Old 2008-05-01, 16:02   Link #2415
Dee Eon

"Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret" 4 Now Serving

Hi All!

Chapter Four of "Miyuki's Spaced-Out Secret" ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4184788/...acedOut_Secret ) is now up, based on this retouched uncredited pix by Flaming Penguin after a rough week, after a rough week which I hope doesn't show in the writing. Granted, it's no "Pocket Travelers," but I hope to extend your entertainment of the series behind its broadcast end. It's been my fun and pleasure! I truly appreciate any and all feedback and flames as (vital!) reviews at the FF.net site well as here.

Thanks and take care!

Dee

Last edited by Dee Eon; 2008-05-02 at 04:25. Reason: address correction
Old 2008-05-01, 17:43   Link #2416
Lucky_Day
Living Lucky Legend

I posted information about my radio interview in the General Chat section. Lucky Star and anime in general were not mentioned but there were a few sentences about Hollywood being corrupt.

Responding to my earlier post, if Konata were in this situation, I think she would do all these things while trying to set a new record on a Multi-Member Online Role Playing Game. Although she would fail miserably on most of the tasks, she would succeed in setting a new record.
Old 2008-05-03, 01:13   Link #2417
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's interesting to just pop back into this sub-forum on a whim and see just how more subdued the responses are of people watching Lucky Star after it's initial airing and hype are over, most consisting if "It was satisfying" or "Hit and Miss" compared to the "This is greatest thing I've ever seen in my life" that I used to remember arguing with people over.

It's a whole different experience when you aren't right in the thick of one of the biggest popularity booms of a studio and franchise in recent history to be sure.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 01:48   Link #2418
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I figured people would be more excited over the R1 release. Its actually got a pretty good dub ... and I hate dubs.

As I watch the first volume --- my initial thought that Lucky*Star is, at heart a sort-of Japanese Peanuts holds up quite well (it really did not *need* all that anime-only injection, thank god whoever thought that up wasn't involved in ARIA or AzuDa....).
Old 2008-05-03, 02:14   Link #2419
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I figured people would be more excited over the R1 release. Its actually got a pretty good dub ... and I hate dubs.

As I watch the first volume --- my initial thought that Lucky*Star is, at heart a sort-of Japanese Peanuts holds up quite well (it really did not *need* all that anime-only injection, thank god whoever thought that up wasn't involved in ARIA or AzuDa....).
That would probably be Kadokawa themselves as I've speculated.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 10:09   Link #2420
Rembr

I wouldn't expect the hype to survive over here except in the niche crowd.
Rembr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen