Old 2008-05-04, 11:29   Link #8061
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
http://broadband.biglobe.ne.jp/index...movieid=880104

And for those of us that do not have computers compatible with Biglobe for whatever reason (my problem isn't something that can be fixed), it'd be nice if someone posted a rip.....yes, it would be very nice......
I can't see it
Old 2008-05-04, 11:39   Link #8062
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

the odds of nunnally dying soon shot up to 90 percent after this episode. everything would make sense if that does happen. The whole discarded mask would. (side note the most surprising part was that nunnally still calls lulu Onii sama.) Yet it make so much sense that i doubt it will happen.
Old 2008-05-04, 11:43   Link #8063
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
the odds of nunnally dying soon shot up to 90 percent after this episode. everything would make sense if that does happen. The whole discarded mask would. (side note the most surprising part was that nunnally still calls lulu Onii sama.) Yet it make so much sense that i doubt it will happen.
well, not really dying. She's more or less confirmed for episode 8. Fake dying works though.
Old 2008-05-04, 11:45   Link #8064
KrimzonStriker

Bah, I say it's something else, it just seems so pointless to fake a death for only a week >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 11:52   Link #8065
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Bah, I say it's something else, it just seems so pointless to fake a death for only a week >_>
It's called necessarily fast pacing. -_-

Besides, this twist may not necessarily affect the Lelouch part of the drama that much more so than the other. How the rest of the OoBK take Zero's dismissal among other things.

Besides, we still have yet to see R2's parallel to the Nunnally-related scenes in R1, such as Mao-stuff and the Black Rebellion kidnapping, which seems like it'll be mixed with an air version of Narita next episode and the following after.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:14   Link #8066
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
It's called necessarily fast pacing. -_-

Besides, this twist may not necessarily affect the Lelouch part of the drama that much more so than the other. How the rest of the OoBK take Zero's dismissal among other things.

Besides, we still have yet to see R2's parallel to the Nunnally-related scenes in R1, such as Mao-stuff and the Black Rebellion kidnapping, which seems like it'll be mixed with an air version of Narita next episode and the following after.
There's a difference between fast pacing and throwing in pointless crap when they could do something else with far more dramatic effect

If they don't have it effect Lelouch then it's a foolish and wasted opportunity considering this involves his very reason for being <_<

Sure sure, we'll finally get a look at how EEEEVVVVIIILLL she is
Old 2008-05-04, 12:20   Link #8067
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
There's a difference between fast pacing and throwing in pointless crap when they could do something else with far more dramatic effect

If they don't have it effect Lelouch then it's a foolish and wasted opportunity considering this involves his very reason for being <_<

Sure sure, we'll finally get a look at how EEEEVVVVIIILLL she is
I dunno, what do you suggest should happen then?

I'm not saying that Nunnally "dying" will happen, it just seems the most dramatic reason for Lelouch to stop being Zero for part of an episode.

Evil will probably have to wait till episode 8. SADJ is the single craziest, nonsensical plan yet after all. If Nunnally is going to reveal her true colors, it'll be there.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:22   Link #8068
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
I dunno, what do you suggest should happen then?

I'm not saying that Nunnally "dying" will happen, it just seems the most dramatic reason for Lelouch to stop being Zero for part of an episode.
She condemns Zero or something? Might as well rip Lelouch's heart out while you're at it

Sure it would, and it would have more dramatic if they had made it last for a few more episodes, since it's only one I can only say it has amounted to being pointless and a waste considering how much emphasis they are placing on Lelouch's little angst in Turn 7 >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 12:26   Link #8069
calvinguy

I also agree that its pointless to have Nunnally fake die and be revived again next week or else the whole point of Lelouch gaining something from his time alone would be wasted if the cause of his depression was just a misinterpreted death. If Lelouch becomes depressed in episode 7 because Nunnally died and then comes back to normal when he realizes shes alive in episode 8, what would be the point of episode 7 at all?
Old 2008-05-04, 12:27   Link #8070
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Sure it would, and it would have more dramatic if they had made it last for a few more episodes, since it's only one I can only say it has amounted to being pointless and a waste considering how much emphasis they are placing on Lelouch's little angst in Turn 7 >_>
sorry, rules say that Lelouch can't angst for more than an episode. This really just does come down to a matter of what the writers decided about pacing. >_>

Though yeah, certainly not like that supports the idea of fake death more than any other outcome.
Old 2008-05-04, 12:28   Link #8071
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
sorry, rules say that Lelouch can't angst for more than an episode. This really just does come down to a matter of what the writers decided about pacing. >_>

Though yeah, certainly not like that supports the idea of fake death more than any other outcome.
I would think the writers would have more sense to utilize such an opportunity though. Which is why I say nay, it will probably be something else

Oh and thanks for the support calvin
Old 2008-05-04, 12:37   Link #8072
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
I would think the writers would have more sense to utilize such an opportunity though. Which is why I say nay, it will probably be something else
I'm just saying that such an event would be "wasted" regardless of when they used it. (assuming of course that they did)
Old 2008-05-04, 12:59   Link #8073
Var
Banned

Quote:
Not quite. Having Nunally 'die' for a week is not bad writing. If they have her die at the halfway/end of the episode, we could have Lelouch break down which leads to the following episode where he rediscovers himself (without Nunally). Ultimately, Nunally turns out to be alive, but by then Lelouch has found his purpose again and, while he'll do everything for her, is not quite as dependant/tied down to her.
Old 2008-05-04, 13:01   Link #8074
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Not quite. Having Nunally 'die' for a week is not bad writing. If they have her die at the halfway/end of the episode, we could have Lelouch break down which leads to the following episode where he rediscovers himself (without Nunally). Ultimately, Nunally turns out to be alive, but by then Lelouch has found his purpose again and, while he'll do everything for her, is not quite as dependant/tied down to her.
Meh, sounds a bit forced if you use it like that, her doing something else that lasts for more then a week would create a better drama I feel. Whatever at this point, so long as they pull it off okay I'll be fine with it... >_>
Old 2008-05-04, 13:21   Link #8075
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Meh, sounds a bit forced if you use it like that, her doing something else that lasts for more then a week would create a better drama I feel. Whatever at this point, so long as they pull it off okay I'll be fine with it... >_>
That's true, but I think there are two questions after the events of the next episode:

1. What would be Lelouch's new purpose after the events in episode 6?

2. How would he acheive his new goal?

I'm bringing this up because it's possible that he could go on without the Ootbk and do something else. Just imagine if he decides to fly to the Britannian mainland and kill off his dad by the halfway point of the season. That would be a huge surprise.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:18   Link #8076
Kusaja

Quote:
I would say the same, but I also hope that "Nunnally (falsely) dying" isn't what they have to use this time.

I'd prefer if she did or said something that pretty much crushed Lelouch's last remaining hopes and expectations.

Temporarily, of course.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:28   Link #8077
Marsala
Delurker

Nunnally does not have to fake-die to crush Lelouch in the next episode. Just being in a powerful position and confirming that she can survive in Britannia's system is enough to shatter Lelouch's goal of crushing Britannia because there is no place for Nunnally in it. Anyway, a fake death would royally mess up Suzaku, too.
Old 2008-05-04, 14:34   Link #8078
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Nunnally does not have to fake-die to crush Lelouch in the next episode. Just being in a powerful position and confirming that she can survive in Britannia's system is enough to shatter Lelouch's goal of crushing Britannia because there is no place for Nunnally in it. Anyway, a fake death would royally mess up Suzaku, too.
Unless of course Suzaku knew that she wasn't killed in the first place.

Suzaku is clearly setting up a trap ("Now I have enough military strength...") Why even bother endangering Nunnally in the first place when you can just leak fake intel?
Old 2008-05-04, 14:47   Link #8079
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Suzaku is certainly taking steps for his plan He had Gino tag along to help him but with Anya's arrival it's another plus and Guilford is getting his new Vincent which is going to make things even harder.I wonder if Suzaku is simply gonna fake Nunnaly's death make her plane explode due to a missed hit (e.g one of the britannian knightmares wanted to shoot a Black Knight but missed due to an evasive maneuver and that's how the plane blew up)
I think that he must simply have met with his sister that may be the reason that boosted his motivation/will
Old 2008-05-04, 14:54   Link #8080
seraphon

Quote:
She condemns Zero or something? Might as well rip Lelouch's heart out while you're at it
I m not sure about this. I think that lelouch already thinks that what he does is a necessary "bad" and would not be accepted by nunnaly (in his point of view anyways, where nunnaly is a cute and innocent imouto). I may be wrong, but nunnaly condemning Zero looks like a stupid reason for lelouch to get depressed.... I mean, isnt it logical for nunnaly to kinda condemn zero after him killing a (few of her) half sibling(s) (clovis, euphemia though I m not sure she knows about euphemia).

I think lelouch is ready to be treated as a monster as longs as nunnaly gets to live, wether she wants it or not, in the perfect world he made for her.

Oh well we ll see that next week anyways.
Closed Thread

Tags
psychic powers, random thoughts, speculation, spoiler, spoilers