AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-22, 10:08   Link #181
AnimeFangirl

You misunderstood. When I said nutcase I meant Sekai. And don't tell me she didn't have any mental problems: even her best friend Setsuna admits as much.
Old 2008-04-25, 04:43   Link #182
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
I'm only at episode 6, and

Spoiler for feelings:

I can actually relate to this too because I had a friend who was cheated on by her ex-boyfriend.
Old 2008-04-26, 03:59   Link #183
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Ok, I've just finished watching, and I must say:

Spoiler:

I must say, this is a pretty realistic anime, although the way in which certain characters "resolved" issues are...questionable, as I can say at the least.
Old 2008-04-28, 02:46   Link #184
ani_d

Sekai shouldn't have killed Makoto. She should've just incapacitated him, like cutting off his 4 limbs and sending him off to the hospital to make sure he lives. In the end, she just went easy on him.
Old 2008-05-05, 13:23   Link #185
AnimeGirlMichiyoChan

of couse he did!!!
the guy fell in love with koto, cheated with sekai, made sekai pregnant, told them both that he loved them the most, did it with otome, prmised setsuna that he'll be with sekai and then ignored her, did it with three girls at the time.... told sekai to get rid of the baby, got back to koto when no girl wanted him....this guy thinks more with his dick than his head!!!!! god >0<

Last edited by AnimeGirlMichiyoChan; 2008-05-05 at 13:23. Reason: spoilers ^^
Old 2008-05-07, 15:16   Link #186
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

The only time I see killing someone as justified is in self-defense.

People have a "divine right" to live and no one is supposed to take that life away. If someone is trying to take your life away, then this is the only time that taking his life would be justified.

In the real world, Makoto would be made to pay child support for his kid and if he couldn't afford it, he would have to quit school and work or even sell his apartment/belongings, etc. That would be a fitting punishment for him, and even though it would not erase what he did, taking his life is just too much.

Cheating on someone is not a crime. Abandoning a child is not a crime. They are both deplorable actions, but still...not warranting a death sentence.

Murdering someone is definitely a crime (except in self-defense as I mentioned earlier), so what Sekai did was way worse. I wish people will realize this while they cheer for Makoto's death, since it's definitely troublesome to see so many people who really believed his murder was justified. I really hope those people do not think so in the real world!
Old 2008-05-12, 20:10   Link #187
Thentus

Location: Might as well waste five seconds of your life; Pennsylvania
Send a message via MSN to Thentus
As my good friend once said...

"God gave men a brain and a dick, and only enough blood to use one at a time."
Old 2008-05-17, 07:10   Link #188
DesuX2

I would have punched him right in the face if he was my classmate. I wouldn't say he deserves a death sentence for being a complete arse by the law and book, no that would be extreme. However, being killed by the person he cheated on, multiple times, the foursome and seducing Setsuna, is quite justified. From my point of view, this was a form of divine justice, a sort of retribution. Sure, killing is wrong, but he got what he deserved, for being a pervert, and for two-timing, no three, actually thewholeschool-timing. I doubt anyone was crying over his death besides Kotonoha, who in turn killed Sekai anyway.
Old 2008-05-17, 07:29   Link #189
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Edit:

Having finished the series, I take back my

None of them were fundamentally bad people.

None
of them deserved to die.

They were just confused kids. Nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited by Ronin Aquila; 2008-05-20 at 11:17. Reason: A change of heart.
Old 2008-06-01, 00:19   Link #190
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Can't say I really feel anything to Makoto.

Since in the end, he sort went against Sekai without being sensitive in that situation. Even sending her a text saying "Give up the baby." instead of actually going to her in person.

The fact that he was really just insensitive and sort of treated Sekai as though she were all of the sudden inferior to him.

He's a really low person. I don't know if he deserved to die, but I do think he deserves to be shunned by his friends and family.

He does deserve something really painful though in my opinion.

I'm not sure using the excuse that hormones are his problem is the case. Rarely do people that out of control by just hormones (Although you would think so from all the Jerry Springer shows and maury ㄱ.ㄱ)
I think Makoto is just a screwed up teen that has no control and just has no common sense.
It was kind of his fault, his behavior and decisions that is. Can't blame is all on hormones and the fact that he was a teen. After all, we had the option to take the other path and whatnot.

[I can't believe they chose Makoto as the guy's name --_--,
Makoto is a sacred name whose awesomeness is depicted in Kanon!!!]

Last edited by radioIzzy; 2008-06-01 at 00:45.
Old 2008-06-01, 08:10   Link #191
vio5555

Makoto and the girls at school basically deserved to be treated as sluts.

The main girls themselves both should have been thrown into mental institutions.

There were no winners in School Days.
Old 2008-06-03, 14:15   Link #192
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
Makoto and the girls at school basically deserved to be treated as sluts.
The main girls themselves both should have been thrown into mental institutions.
There were no winners in School Days.
Yep. The girls are responsible for 50% of the shit, Makoto is reponsible for the
other 50%. It's like they have sex with the first person they see... >_>

The problem I have with Makoto isn't that he cheated on his pregant girlfriend and
his other girlfriend with like 20+ girls. I dislike Makaoto because he maintains
his "clueless" and seemingly innocent attitude when he obviously isn't. He's doing
all that shi on purpose and he knows it himself.
Old 2008-06-03, 14:24   Link #193
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

On another note, in the words of Samuel L. Jackson from Time to Kill

"Yes they deserve to die, and I hope they burn in hell!!!!"
Old 2008-06-05, 10:22   Link #194
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Nah, he was a dumbass, and a selfish one at that, but I don't think he deserved to die. Perhaps a good ass kicking and being left alone by the girls, but nothing more than that.

The girls were just as stupid either way. It was quite nonsensical of them to throw themselves at Makoto no matter what he did. I don't like people like that, with no ego or self respect.

And of course it does happen (well, not to that extent, but to a point it's somewhat realistic), but that doesn't make it any better, does it? That's why there are some people who are nicer, smarter and some who are assholes, and dumb. And that's why when you pick your friends, you ignore the latter and associate with the former; you choose the "good" people. Really, irl, unless a Makoto does that to one of your friends, you wouldn't go and kick his ass, you'd just mind your own business.
Old 2008-06-09, 13:48   Link #195
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeGirlMichiyoChan View Post
of couse he did!!!
the guy fell in love with koto, cheated with sekai, made sekai pregnant, told them both that he loved them the most, did it with otome, prmised setsuna that he'll be with sekai and then ignored her, did it with three girls at the time.... told sekai to get rid of the baby, got back to koto when no girl wanted him....this guy thinks more with his dick than his head!!!!! god >0<
Actually no, Sekai wasn´t pregnant. Did you miss the scene when "koto" actually "went in" to check for herself?

Sleeping around like Makoto did and overall behaving like a pig is a serious matter but no one deserves to die because of it. Perspective people, perspective.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!

Last edited by Last_Hope; 2008-06-09 at 15:42.
Old 2008-06-12, 00:12   Link #196
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope View Post
Actually no, Sekai wasn´t pregnant. Did you miss the scene when "koto" actually "went in" to check for herself?
I am not an expert regarding pregnancy by any means, but somehow i doubt It would be possible to "check" it in the manner Kotonoha did in early stages of pregnancy, never mind when the "checking" is carried out by a demented person.

That is not to say Sekai necessarily was pregnant, but that moment isn't exactly a good setting stone to point otherwise.

Either way, i firmly maintain my stance that Makoto did not deserve to day. I can think of a lot of not so very pleasant things he possibly would deserve, but death is certainly not on the list.
Old 2008-06-12, 13:31   Link #197
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

No he didn't
Old 2008-06-23, 16:55   Link #198
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I don't know if i'm right or my sense of justice is a bit twisted, but I think death was just too generous for him. The way I see it, he should have kept living as much as possible in order to compensate the pain he caused.

I mean, yes the Sekai and Kotonoha were really crazy but as a man Makoto shuold take responsabilities. Death is just an easy way to escape.

Be a man Makoto! :P
Old 2008-06-23, 20:02   Link #199
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
I don't know if i'm right or my sense of justice is a bit twisted, but I think death was just too generous for him. The way I see it, he should have kept living as much as possible in order to compensate the pain he caused.

I mean, yes the Sekai and Kotonoha were really crazy but as a man Makoto shuold take responsabilities. Death is just an easy way to escape.

Be a man Makoto! :P
No, Kotonoha wasn't crazy.

Spoiler for Later episodes' spoilers:

After that she got crazy.
Old 2008-06-25, 17:53   Link #200
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

batsh*t insane
Closed Thread