2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-05, 16:19   Link #601
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Yes they do. We are talking about the same studio that killed off two of it's most popular characters ever at the height of their popularity. They're easily capable of anything including killing off an entire cast or blowing up the universe.
thats old school sunrise, the sunrise of today dosen't have the balls to do anything close to ideon or gundam zz for that matter.

@hughes your exageratting the Kallen fanservice more than I was, besides it's not so bad compared to the C.C. and Viletta fanservice or yaoiservice.

as for Shirley yes her character has been reset again, so I'm left wondering what was the point of the "Shirley letter" subplot considering nothing came out of it.

suzaku's changed is a forced as Rey's change during the finale of GSD or Akito's 180 in MSN: the prince of darkness(god that movie sucked).

for the last time Lelouch isn't Light!
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:22   Link #602
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Are you serious? The fanservice with C.C. and Viletta outdid that of Kallen? Really?

And did "Beardface" on that box refer to Lelouch then? C.C.'s really protective of her Cheese-kun stuff it seems.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:25   Link #603
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Season 2 is a continuation of Season 1, meaning episode 1 is actually episode 26. It continued where 25 left us, albeit with the last part of S1 explained during EP2, so you can't view season 2 as a brand new anime.

It's the same as Naruto and Shippuuden, Shippuuden being a continuation of the original series after a TS. Only the series title and episode count separates the two.

---------

The root of all the problems I have with S2 lies with the direction the series went after the S1 cliffhanger The cliffhanger could've ended in numerous ways... Sadly, it ended in the most anti-climatic way - A spin kick. Of all the epic ways that confrontation could've ended, Suzaku dodging a bullet with his plot shield and Suzaku not killing Lelouch due to Lelouch's plot shield being up has to be up there with the least epic of all the continuations possible.

Kallen, instead of running away like a coward and condemning the Black Knights to defeat, should've tried to save Lelouch. If, for example, Suzaku shot Lelouch and Kallen shot Suzaku, Kallen could've saved Lelouch, leaving Suzaku alive. Lelouch could've followed that up by commanding his remaining forces to retreat, saving the Black Knights from the total defeat they suffered in the anime.

Speaking of Kallen, her cowardly actions shown in EP2 made me start to dislike her. Just because she thought Lelouch had used the Japanese she went stupid, forgetting that the Black Knights were fighting in a do or die battle and they were useless without Zero commanding them. Seeing her go on to change her mind 1 year later like nothing had happened, even going as far as to point a gun at Lelouch, made me roll my eyes.

Anyway... Put simply, instead of wasting 5 episodes (and more) going over Lelouch's memory loss, introducing Rollo, seeing Ashford, freeing prisoners and other things the story could (and should) have simply resumed where EP25 ended. All Sunrise had to do was do something like the above and recap some of S1 at the start or just after the cliffhanger continuation.

The question now is how long everything is going to take to get back to the point the story was at at S1 end; the point where Lelouch can takeover Japan. With Ashford filler still being around for the foreseeable future and Lelouch about to turn emo over fighting his against his sister, I don't think we're going to reach that stage until at least the half-way stage, and even that's probably a bit optimistic.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:29   Link #604
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So Lulu used all of Japan, then he should suffer (the pop of Japan) X the pain compared to Suzaku then.

And yes, I have begun to like dark Suzaku. I hated him in the first season when he was all hypocritical and all.

LOL at a girl outrunning Lulu. TAKE THAT! SHAME!
Agree on sentence one.

HELL YES on sentence 3! If you wanna be Zero, dear Lulu, I suggest getting a little more physical. Boot camp for j00.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:37   Link #605
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well, Lelouch is not going to satisfy any of his future queen(s?) with his lack of endurance. XDDD
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:42   Link #606
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm starting to miss CC's white suit. It's not like I dislike the way she dresses now, but...

Also, did Viletta have to wear such a skimpy swimsuit? Not complaining, just interested in whether she's an exhibitionist or not...

Nunally as governor. How did that happen? Can she get any respect, when healthy Euphie didn't?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:42   Link #607
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Well, Lelouch is not going to satisfy any of his future queen(s?) with his lack of endurance. XDDD
Villetta needs to put her foot down and make Lulu run gassers during PE to get back at him.

Old 2008-05-05, 16:44   Link #608
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Nunally as governor. How did that happen? Can she get any respect, when healthy Euphie didn't?
Depends if she proves herself to be a capable ruler.

Like Zero, it also depends on who she has as her subordinates. In Zero's case it's Toudo and Ougi who can silence any dissent because they have respect.

If she has Guilford then that would help her a lot and I can't see Guilford backstabbing Nunnally. I'm guessing her attendant is also a capable administrator as well.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:45   Link #609
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

@Dann Viletta's attire was very sexual and left little to the imagination.(sorry for the cliche.) as for C.C. a crotch/panty shoot and implied sexual stuff with the tomatoes.

also what Kallen was wearing in the otter suit could be justified with how hot it can get in thoose kind of suits the same way Kamina's and Yoko's attire could be justified with the heat of a desert in TTGL.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:47   Link #610
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Depends if she proves herself to be a capable ruler.

Like Zero, it also depends on who she has as her subordinates. In Zero's case it's Toudo and Ougi who can silence any dissent because they have respect.

If she has Guilford then that would help her a lot and I can't see Guilford backstabbing Nunnally. I'm guessing her attendant is also a capable administrator as well.
But Zero's capabilities were never in doubt. Everyone, including his enemies, respect those.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 16:54   Link #611
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
@Dann Viletta's attire was very sexual and left little to the imagination.(sorry for the cliche.) as for C.C. a crotch/panty shoot and implied sexual stuff with the tomatoes.

also what Kallen was wearing in the otter suit could be justified with how hot it can get in thoose kind of suits the same way Kamina's and Yoko's attire could be justified with the heat of a desert in TTGL.
So you didn't see Kallen in skimpy black clothes that showed practically everything as well as that ass shot? Viletta is the only one with a scene similar to Kallen. C.C. had a panty shot and that is it. Nothing too big really.

I agree it was because of the heat, but that doesn't make the fanservice any less blatent.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-05, 16:55   Link #612
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So you didn't see Kallen in skimpy black clothes that showed practically everything as well as that ass shot? Viletta is the only one with a scene similar to Kallen. C.C. had a panty shot and that is it. Nothing too big really.

I agree it was because of the heat, but that doesn't make the fanservice any less blatent.
I like how people are defending Kallen's fanservice simply because she's Kallen.

Old 2008-05-05, 16:59   Link #613
hero147

HEY! I loved that ass-shot. it was intriguing?lol, dunno how to say this to make me sound less perverted.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:02   Link #614
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

All I'm saying is that with the exception of the early scenes, Kallen in this episode was really nothing more than comedy and fanservice. Except for the last scene with her, Viletta was the same.

Old 2008-05-05, 17:10   Link #615
Karna
just some guy

I thought the episode was great , it was very funny.
Karna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:16   Link #616
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
Season 2 is a continuation of Season 1, meaning episode 1 is actually episode 26. It continued where 25 left us, albeit with the last part of S1 explained during EP2, so you can't view season 2 as a brand new anime.
More than a year of waiting time, a radical change in time slot and the related potential audience disagrees with you, at least for the most part.

It's not a brand new anime for us and its obviously the continuation of the same story.

But the staff can't exactly pretend that every single person is up to date with the events of season one, that the new time slot isn't a big deal (news flash: it is), that little to no time has passed in between and that the audience will be immediately familiar with the characters and their world.

You can wave all that away for the sake of your analysis and personal opinion, but it has practical effects on the show and how it is being produced, for better or for worse (or both).

Quote:
It's the same as Naruto and Shippuuden, Shippuuden being a continuation of the original series after a TS. Only the series title and episode count separates the two.
I have nothing to say about Naruto per se and could care less about it, but it's not the same, from what little I care enough to know.

For starters, Naruto is based on an ongoing manga (Code Geass is an original property with very rough manga adaptations that aren't even in the same universe), it's always been considerably more popular in the TV mainstream than Code Geass by just looking at their respective ratings, and it hasn't suffered through the kind of external changes previously mentioned.

Just from that, the approach that a continuation of Naruto would need seems to be quite different.

Quote:
The root of all the problems I have with S2 lies with the direction the series went after the S1 cliffhanger The cliffhanger could've ended in numerous ways... Sadly, it ended in the most anti-climatic way - A spin kick. Of all the epic ways that confrontation could've ended, Suzaku dodging a bullet with his plot shield and Suzaku not killing Lelouch due to Lelouch's plot shield being up has to be up there with the least epic of all the continuations possible.
The spin kick isn't something I particularly like, from an aesthetic point of view, but I didn't find what happened afterwards to be anti-climatic, even if the duel itself wasn't that epic and I would have avoided using it as a cliffhanger in the first place. I think it was actually a mistake to end the first show like that, but not a fatal one and by now it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
Kallen, instead of running away like a coward and condemning the Black Knights to defeat, should've tried to save Lelouch. If, for example, Suzaku shot Lelouch and Kallen shot Suzaku, Kallen could've saved Lelouch, leaving Suzaku alive. Lelouch could've followed that up by commanding his remaining forces to retreat, saving the Black Knights from the total defeat they suffered in the anime.
That's nice enough, if that were the story the staff wanted to tell (or could tell) at that point.

Quote:
Speaking of Kallen, her cowardly actions shown in EP2 made me start to dislike her. Just because she thought Lelouch had used the Japanese she went stupid, forgetting that the Black Knights were fighting in a do or die battle and they were useless without Zero commanding them. Seeing her go on to change her mind 1 year later like nothing had happened, even going as far as to point a gun at Lelouch, made me roll my eyes.
Can't really agree. Flawed characters exist in plenty of anime and, naturally, in real life. Those flaws sometimes mean that they'll do stupid things for one reason or another. I understand you expected more from her, and so did I to be honest, but I've gotten over it by now.

Quote:
Anyway... Put simply, instead of wasting 5 episodes (and more) going over Lelouch's memory loss, introducing Rollo, seeing Ashford, freeing prisoners and other things the story could (and should) have simply resumed where EP25 ended. All Sunrise had to do was do something like the above and recap some of S1 at the start or just after the cliffhanger continuation.
Why didn't they think of that, if it's so simple?

Incidentally, I would have liked to see what you are describing, but I can't pretend there aren't other things at work, or that my expectations coincide with what the staff wants to do with the show, for better or for worse.

Quote:
The question now is how long everything is going to take to get back to the point the story was at at S1 end; the point where Lelouch can takeover Japan. With Ashford filler still being around for the foreseeable future and Lelouch about to turn emo over fighting his against his sister, I don't think we're going to reach that stage until at least the half-way stage, and even that's probably a bit optimistic.
I don't really think so. Taking over Japan may happen, or it may not (unlikely as it may be, I haven't ruled it out), sooner or later, but Lelouch's ambitions and objectives are far more personal than that, as are his other conflicts. I don't believe that everything else that may happen to develop that other side is a waste. In other words, character and plot development can be put to good use in the meanwhile.

Other than that, we can all speculate about future events if we want...in another discussion topic.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2008-05-05 at 17:34.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:29   Link #617
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Is he still whining about everything? Geez, what is up with Maes honestly, it's really not that big of a deal shssh...
I'm probably taking it a bit too far (off-topic even) as well, so I'll try to minimize my replies from now, if necessary.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:30   Link #618
gabbytay
Banned

its it me that I'm starting to doubt the lelouche ain't going to be liberating japan and all this global sh*t it just a fight by EU and China against Britannia.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:31   Link #619
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I'm probably taking it a bit too far (off-topic even) as well, so I'll try to minimize my replies from now, if necessary.
Yeah, best ignore him for awhile. Turn 6 is looking fairly good and I have faith they'll turn this around given how many cards they still haven't played yet

Quote:
ts it me that I'm starting to doubt the lelouche ain't going to be liberating japan and all this global sh*t it just a fight by EU and China against Britannia.
Who said he needed to go liberate Japan in order to go global? Certainly not me, and he's already knee deep in whatever Li is planning so I expect some action on that end as well. Be patient, it's only been 5 episodes, Season 1 didn't pick up until episode 10 for me and it still managed to kick a lot of ass in the time it was given
Old 2008-05-05, 17:49   Link #620
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Her blindness and paralysis may be psychosomatic, it's hinted they are. She was traumatized by witnessing her mothers murder and having her die on top of her.

I wonder how Lelouch will answer Nunnally. He has to keep up appearances and not give himself away. That means he has to act like Nunnally is crazy and that he doesn't have a sister. This would entail severely hurting Nunnally's feelings. Damn Suzaku. . . what a bastard.

Kallen and C.C. It's like she showed up to pick up her senile grandmother. The urge for pizza was overwhelming.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote