Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-08, 07:57   Link #41
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
It's not filling anything, it's just anime original.
yes, anime original = filler.
Old 2008-05-08, 08:21   Link #42
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
"Filler" is just a word created to discriminate unreasonably against anime original episodes because of some fans' idea that the manga is the ultimate truth, discarding everything else, even other official material as fanfiction. Anime original episodes don't need to be treated any different than any other episodes at all. Filler is a grossly derogatory term.
Old 2008-05-08, 08:30   Link #43
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
yes, anime original = filler.
If anime original = filler than does an anime which uses the name and character from a manga but is completely different from the manga starting from episode 1 all throughout considered a filler? Ex: Dragonuat, same title and characters but completely different.
Old 2008-05-08, 08:55   Link #44
neshru

Quote:
"Filler" is just a word created to discriminate unreasonably against anime original episodes because of some fans' idea that the manga is the ultimate truth, discarding everything else, even other official material as fanfiction.
Lol, what? In anime series that follow a manga source, a filler scene is just a scene that didn't happen in the manga. If a whole episode doesn't happen in the manga, then it's a filler episode. That's all there is to it.

And if filler has become a synonym of bad it's just because complete filler episodes, or anime original episodes, are often bad or just uninteresting.
Old 2008-05-08, 09:11   Link #45
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Lol, what? In anime series that follow a manga source, a filler scene is just a scene that didn't happen in the manga. If a whole episode doesn't happen in the manga, then it's a filler episode. That's all there is to it.
...that's not exactly proving me wrong <.<

Just because episodes don't come from the manga don't mean they're less important. It's not like Bleach is supposed to exclusively be a story from a manga. It's made from multiple forms of media. Anime original characters are just as "Bleach" as manga ones. And Kaien's Shikai was originally in a video game for crying out loud.

Anime original episodes are not filler, period. Filler is what you'd call recap episodes, if anything.

Quote:
And if filler has become a synonym of bad it's just because complete filler episodes, or anime original episodes, are often bad or just uninteresting.
It's a stereotype, nothing more.
Old 2008-05-08, 09:30   Link #46
neshru

Quote:
.Just because episodes don't come from the manga don't mean they're less important.
They are less important, since they contribute nothing to the main story. That doesn't mean they are bound to be bad, just that they didn't happen in the original story. Even if you don't watch them you will lose nothing.

Example: in the manga, Ichigo wakes up and goes to school. In the anime he eats breakfast before going to school. Ichigo eating breakfast is a filler scene: it may be still interesting or fun to see, but it's nothing relevant to the story.
The new anime arc didn't happen in the manga, and it's not relevant to the main story. That's why it's a filler arc.
Old 2008-05-08, 09:30   Link #47
Irkalla
I asked for this

Wow seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like these fillers...
Maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of eps, but as things are now, I'll rather watch Ebichu
Old 2008-05-08, 10:12   Link #48
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Wow seems like I'm the only one who doesn't like these fillers...
Maybe I'll change my mind in a couple of eps, but as things are now, I'll rather watch Ebichu
Yeah it's kind of weird, this filler is. Usually fillers are in current time or the past, but this is the FUTURE. Hm.....giving hint to what will happen in the current non-filler arc, or maybe not.
Old 2008-05-08, 10:20   Link #49
Plaata

I don't think these fillers are in the future. If anything it's the past, right after the bount arc before the arrancar arc. More likely than that though, it's just an AU story like the movies are, that (while I know this has been a big fighting point in this thread) doesn't actually fit into the canon storyline.
Old 2008-05-08, 10:27   Link #50
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I pretty much agree with what the wanderer is saying about 'filler' and 'anime original' stuff.

Anyway, I liked this ep, had good comedy and all. Orihimes fetish, is kinda scarry. Their drawing comp was also funny. Poor Ichigo is gona develop a complex with all the little girls climbing over him all the time. Anyway, one thing I was kinda expecting that didn't happen, when Luri (?) had her hat fall off that was supressing her reiatsu, I was kinda expecting something to happen, or maybe it to cause some commotion. Oh well, guess it could just have been more masking for hiding terms rather then surpressing cause she fails like ichigo at surpressing and has a similar strength maybe. Anyway, was a good ep, want to see next weeks.
Old 2008-05-08, 11:16   Link #51
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaata View Post
I don't think these fillers are in the future. If anything it's the past, right after the bount arc before the arrancar arc. More likely than that though, it's just an AU story like the movies are, that (while I know this has been a big fighting point in this thread) doesn't actually fit into the canon storyline.
Look at Ishida's bow. First time Ichi saw that bow or it was introduce was in the Hollow world arc. It's completely obvious and was already pointed out by previous post.
Old 2008-05-08, 11:32   Link #52
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Why...just why...

Why did Ichigo use bankai? did he lose too much brain cells taking blows to the head?

Just blast your pew pews you nitwit!

Rurichio is loli bait. Her personality could do with some toning down then she would be perfect (and those features...where have I seen them before...)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-08, 12:27   Link #53
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Hah, this episode was quite a hilarious one. Especially the mute giant.
Old 2008-05-08, 12:41   Link #54
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
The Orihime and Rukia drawing comedy was pure genius. As for Ichigo going Bankai...cool pose but why have Ichigo go Bankai so early? I still hate Ishida's bow, I prefered his previous one because it suited his character more, elegant and precise. Seems retarded for him to spray arrows like an Uzi or something.
Old 2008-05-08, 12:47   Link #55
GummyBearOfDoom
Gummy

Send a message via AIM to GummyBearOfDoom
I <3 Kon, haha when he read the instruction manual. Funny episode. This was weird filler...
Old 2008-05-08, 13:44   Link #56
Sinta

I enjoyed the episode. I thought the filler was funny though ichigo going bankai for a few hollows feels a bit odd to me. (Though the pose was cool. Probably one more filler character who "likes" ichigo) It was fun. Does anyone know how long these are going to last? And how are they explaining the inconsistent time line?
Old 2008-05-08, 14:23   Link #57
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
Quote:
They are less important, since they contribute nothing to the main story. That doesn't mean they are bound to be bad, just that they didn't happen in the original story. Even if you don't watch them you will lose nothing.

Example: in the manga, Ichigo wakes up and goes to school. In the anime he eats breakfast before going to school. Ichigo eating breakfast is a filler scene: it may be still interesting or fun to see, but it's nothing relevant to the story.
The new anime arc didn't happen in the manga, and it's not relevant to the main story. That's why it's a filler arc.
You could also say that if in manga Ichigo eats eats breakfast before going to school. That's also filler

There's also often in manga useless long winded talks that are boring and "filler" fights not relevant to the main story. And you don't as well lose nothing if you don't read them.

At least this started arc feels interesting...
Old 2008-05-08, 15:06   Link #58
BleachOD
Banned

The Pedobear threats...Is joke. I can't really kill anyone here. And it's a filler....
was the Drawing scene cute or what

Orihime was seriously OOC...But I l liked her...I can get with Filler Hime.

The IchiRukiness was awesome...

Last edited by BleachOD; 2008-05-08 at 15:17.
Old 2008-05-08, 15:49   Link #59
Girl_who_cried_gnome
lover of the g-pa hair

i. absolutely. adore. ukitake. that is all.

Spoiler for me: daaaaw soooo cute ^.^ ukitake: *coughs up blood* me: o.O ..... your still- so- cute! :3:

Spoiler for nuff' said. you sons a bitches. :D :

and could this possibly be the anime version of new seme kira?
Old 2008-05-08, 16:40   Link #60
mcGundam

i'm confused. so b/c it's a filler, this is like an alternative universe/timeline right now then? before this, they were battling in HM and now everyone is back? so whatever happens here has nothing to do with the previous episodes or manga?
Closed Thread