AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-05-02, 01:50   Link #561
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Thanks, I am not even going to talk to him anymore..

Quote:
Aniki has a mallet which is destined for Imouto-chan's head. -_-"

Quote:
So let me get this straight...he had a previous girlfriend but he still asked you out, and now that you're going out with him he asks another girl out. It seems that he has a serious commitment problem.
That is exactly what hapened.. This is why I don't date guys

Quote:
He's a player, and you're getting played

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 02:10   Link #562
no common sense
Resident Asshole

I think it is good that you now want to wait before you start dating. Dating isn't something that needs to be rushed. In the future try playing hard to get. Make the guys work for your attention. Best thing you can do for yourself is to keep up your self respect and refuse to compromise that for anyone. Set up clear boundaries on what your ready for and respect yourself enough to stay within those boundaries. There are lots of guys out there and a few of them might even be worth dating eventually. Be patent, respect yourself, and don't hang out with guys who don't show you the high level of respect you deserve.
no common sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 03:06   Link #563
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Remember kids, practice abstenence, if a guy wants to break up with you cause you won't sleep with him, then its a good indication that its not your companionship that he wants. Im saying this to the young girls really. The older ones can do whatever, they should have enough experience to make their own judgements. Guys generally prefer virgins as potential wives anyways, but for a romp in the sack, we could care less. My fiance was a virgin before dating me it was her choice to not give it up until she met the right guy which I found to be quite endearing, the wedding is this upcoming winter (b '_')b
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 21:39   Link #564
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Thats in New York
In Maryland almost everyone girl is single
What does that say about guys in Maryland?

Well, to get away from the guy-degrading talk around here:
I don't and have not had a girlfriend for almost eight months an I'm not really inclined at the time to find one. Girls are trouble when you're in a relationship. Also, in a relationship, commitment is required, and I can't provide that right now (or ever, really, I'm not good at this commitment business).

Example: A year or so back, I was dating a girl who had never had a boyfriend before, so she was really clingy; she would always call me and have thirty minute conversations (which was expensive), and all I wanted to do was be nerdy at home and play Fire Emblem.

And for more guy power in this thread: An osana-najimi of mine (we've lived next-door for ten years) didn't necessarily "ask me out", but told me she liked me, and after I declined, she went on to date about 5 different guys (most of them were my friends, too. ) in the span of about a month, and now she hates most of them (though we're still friendly).
Moral of the story: Them ho's ain't worth it until prom night. (I'm kidding.)

So yeah, this thread needs more man stories.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 00:19   Link #565
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
lol What exactly is this thread about? I don't have much to talk about.

I'm almost 21 and never had a girlfriend. I haven't even had a girl for a friend lol.

I'm not very good with social stuff and such. So I never tried pursue anyone at all. I'm just to shy in that respect. I've had a few crushes, but didn't anything at all.

Plus there's not much to do in the small town I live in. So I stay inside most of the day.

I probably need to go outside more often. I'm more into a long term relationship. I want to make sure I find someone I want to live the rest of my life with. I'm not the kind of guy that likes to find girls only for the *cough* "physical" aspects.

I don't have much to talk about. My social life is pretty boring. I didn't do much when I was in school and I spend most my time at home. I consider my self a overall good guy.

But thats all up to the external point of view since obvoisly any opinion of my self from myself could be biased from the point of view of an external point of view.

I have cameras in your head!
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 01:02   Link #566
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Example: A year or so back, I was dating a girl who had never had a boyfriend before, so she was really clingy; she would always call me and have thirty minute conversations (which was expensive), and all I wanted to do was be nerdy at home and play Fire Emblem.
How is that a bad thing? Isn't that pretty short by most standards? Unlimited nights and week-ends for the win

Yes, clearly, we have some commitment issues. But I'm just curious, why did you decide to go out with her in the first place, if you'd rather play FE? Or, you could be like my friend and find a girlfriend to play FE together. They play so much FE and Brawl these days, it's ridiculous.
Old 2008-05-04, 01:09   Link #567
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
How is that a bad thing? Isn't that pretty short by most standards? Unlimited nights and week-ends for the win
He's 15. I don't say it to be condescending - when I was 15 I toyed with the idea of dating, but damn, 30 minutes on the phone? What on earth would we have talked about?

I first started dating when I was 19, and I'd do 1-6 hour phone conversations with the girl (and 3-hour lunches). I don't even really know what we were talking about, but there were things to discuss at that point. I was a bit of an antisocial geek in high school so I didn't have much to say back then, of course.
Old 2008-05-04, 01:50   Link #568
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
He's 15. I don't say it to be condescending - when I was 15 I toyed with the idea of dating, but damn, 30 minutes on the phone? What on earth would we have talked about?

I first started dating when I was 19, and I'd do 1-6 hour phone conversations with the girl (and 3-hour lunches). I don't even really know what we were talking about, but there were things to discuss at that point. I was a bit of an antisocial geek in high school so I didn't have much to say back then, of course.
Personally, I don't associate complaints of "clingy" and "long phone conversations" with youth as much as inexperience. One of my friends has this exact same problem with even shorter and more infrequent phone calls from his girl. BTW, he's 19 and in his first relationship that lasted more than a week. IMHO, it's not that the girl herself is clingy by nature, it's the nature of the relationship in comparison to "male bonding" (). In contrast, there were middle school couples that didn't have this issue, back in the day, IIRC.
Old 2008-05-04, 02:48   Link #569
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Yes, clearly, we have some commitment issues. But I'm just curious, why did you decide to go out with her in the first place, if you'd rather play FE? Or, you could be like my friend and find a girlfriend to play FE together. They play so much FE and Brawl these days, it's ridiculous.
Well, I began playing FE (Path of Radiance, so there was only one player at the time anyway.) after we began going out, and I wasn't (and am still not) good at breaking up, so I just waited until she would end it for me.
Quote:
That's the whole point, there was nothing. (On my side at least.)
I believe she had some familial problems, and I was probably her venting outlet, so I decided that it would be better for her if I didn't unexpectedly hang up or something, which would be quite devastating, would it not?
Quote:
I first started dating when I was 19, and I'd do 1-6 hour phone conversations with the girl (and 3-hour lunches).
Ouch, even in more recent relationships (not really recent), I still can't do hour-long conversations. Stories from friends tell me that they consist of the latest gossip and whatnot, and since I attend the less "popular" school in the district (it's labelled an arts academy, though about 70% of the students do no form of art.) there's really nothing remotely interesting except whoever was most recently rolled ("caught with drugs" for those who might not know, since I don't know when the term began circulating), and after some time, you stop caring.
Quote:
I don't even really know what we were talking about, but there were things to discuss at that point. I was a bit of an antisocial geek in high school so I didn't have much to say back then, of course.
Aren't we all?

But honestly, I have no idea what girls see in me, since I'm petty much just the occasional nerd who doesn't completely lack social skills.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 08:33   Link #570
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
1-6 hours dam ._. my longest is like 2 hours ..What did you taklk about ?
Old 2008-05-04, 10:24   Link #571
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

This is not directly related to the on-going conversations, but I thought it might be useful to point readers to this particular article:

Turn-ons, turn-offs, desire varies widely among men

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Men aren't all from Mars when it comes to their sexuality, a new study from Kinsey Institute researchers shows.

Among the revelations from their focus groups in which men talked about what influenced their sexual desire and arousal: one man's turn-on is often another's turn-off; an erection doesn't always signal arousal; and not every guy wants to jump into bed at the drop of a hat.

Men reported getting erections without necessarily being aroused, while some men, especially older men, said they might become aroused without having an erection...

...Many men said feeling confident and good about themselves often led to feeling sexually aroused (while "feeling scruffy" had the opposite effect). And for many men, a self-confident partner was also more desirable than one who didn't feel good about herself. In addition to a nice body and a pretty face, many men found intelligence "really attractive" and "a big turn on."
I agree particularly with the point I've highlighted in blue. I am attracted to self-confident women (aka, tsundere). It follows that I strongly dislike women who are "too clingy", as qtipbrit92 described.

But in the end, as the report concludes, men "come from a variety of planets". We are attracted to different kinds of people for various reasons. Not all men chase women just for sex. Ladies out there ought to realise that some guys are just looking for companions, just as much as they are.

And when it comes to dating, all it takes is for one person to start talking. The rest is up to him/her, and to luck.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 00:06   Link #572
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
This is not directly related to the on-going conversations, but I thought it might be useful to point readers to this particular article:

Turn-ons, turn-offs, desire varies widely among men

I agree particularly with the point I've highlighted in blue. I am attracted to self-confident women (aka, tsundere). It follows that I strongly dislike women who are "too clingy", as qtipbrit92 described.

But in the end, as the report concludes, men "come from a variety of planets". We are attracted to different kinds of people for various reasons. Not all men chase women just for sex. Ladies out there ought to realise that some guys are just looking for companions, just as much as they are.

And when it comes to dating, all it takes is for one person to start talking. The rest is up to him/her, and to luck.

I agree with the highlighted part aswell, I find self-confident women very attractive, tsundere is basicly a good example of the type of women I like.
Yeah I'm also kinda bumping this too, before it dies, if no-one posts I'll hafta post somthing. >.<
Old 2008-05-14, 05:19   Link #573
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

i saw some having hour long telephone conversations(or even more)

tell me about it, i once talked with her for about 7 hours straight (9pm-5am i think) while playing the role of a venting outlet and i had to eat while on the phone. good thing i the phone was beside the computer so i had something to kill the boredom(believe me, i even slept for about 10 seconds while in the middle of the conversation, only to have a dream about a phone that woke me up -_-)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 06:39   Link #574
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
i saw some having hour long telephone conversations(or even more)

tell me about it, i once talked with her for about 7 hours straight (9pm-5am i think) while playing the role of a venting outlet and i had to eat while on the phone. good thing i the phone was beside the computer so i had something to kill the boredom(believe me, i even slept for about 10 seconds while in the middle of the conversation, only to have a dream about a phone that woke me up -_-)
Let me guess you were playing the "nice guy who is a good friend for a girl to vent" right?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 08:00   Link #575
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

not really, we're going out for 5 years already..
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 08:58   Link #576
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

wow well thats long very long....
Old 2008-05-14, 17:58   Link #577
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
I agree with the highlighted part aswell, I find self-confident women very attractive, tsundere is basicly a good example of the type of women I like.
Yeah I'm also kinda bumping this too, before it dies, if no-one posts I'll hafta post somthing. >.<
Well, coming from a female, I find self-confident men very attractive. Though for some reason, for some guys I think they don't see the difference between self-confident, and cocky. Sometimes it's difficult to find the humble one out there, but I'm sure there are many down-to-eath guys out there. Personally for me I find that just because guys are trying to prove their masculinity by getting into random fights, showing off their muscles and trying to act all big and bad (I'm not overexaggerating here, the guys here are literally like this -____-), doesn't make them an adult, rather it shows their lack of confidence in themselves and immaturity and just makes them big boys, not men. That's my little thought on it. It's such a turn off, I get really uninterested in guys who are like that. Hey, crack a joke, be funny, don't be embarassed to make a fool of yourself and make a mistake in front of others, I love it when guys have the confidence in themselves to do that.
zetsubousensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 03:16   Link #578
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
not really, we're going out for 5 years already..
Props to you. Wouldn't it be more time effecient though just to go to her and say yeah he or she is a bastard for doing this to you so let's go get some ice cream?

Even if you waste your time you will have some Icecream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsubousensei View Post
Well, coming from a female, I find self-confident men very attractive. Though for some reason, for some guys I think they don't see the difference between self-confident, and cocky. Sometimes it's difficult to find the humble one out there, but I'm sure there are many down-to-eath guys out there. Personally for me I find that just because guys are trying to prove their masculinity by getting into random fights, showing off their muscles and trying to act all big and bad (I'm not overexaggerating here, the guys here are literally like this -____-), doesn't make them an adult, rather it shows their lack of confidence in themselves and immaturity and just makes them big boys, not men. That's my little thought on it. It's such a turn off, I get really uninterested in guys who are like that. Hey, crack a joke, be funny, don't be embarassed to make a fool of yourself and make a mistake in front of others, I love it when guys have the confidence in themselves to do that.
Well it's the same with guys. I guess. I like playfull bitchy, but there are some girls that are just bitch. I mean it's hard to be with someone. If that someone even if your alone with her. Disses your friends. I know my friends aren't perfect, but they are my friends for a reason you know. >_>
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 14:35   Link #579
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Make sure she pays for it too... *thumb up*
Ha ha ha, true. Get her some ice cream and that'll make things all better, I know it'd work for me...wooh, ice cream XD!

I think we all know, it's harder to stay in a relationship than to get into one. Perhaps that comment is underrated too. All the anticipation of asking the person out and then yay for going out...then...dun dun dun....the problems, the issues, you all know what I'm saying here. Props for staying together for 5 yrs, that's a feat on its own man!
zetsubousensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 05:51   Link #580
Circular Logic
土は幻に
*Fansubber

I'll take my eroge and anime over RL girls any day. >>

燃ええええええええええええええええw
Circular Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom