AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 07 Rating
Perfect 10 123 72.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 14.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 9.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.18%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-16, 19:01   Link #161
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh yeah obviously there still is.. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Cathy broke up with Ozma and not the other way around. Like he cares more about flying/ranka than me and even though I love him still it's painful to be around him blah blah blah.
Old 2008-05-16, 19:04   Link #162
Wesley84

^ So micloning is available to every child? Have we even seen a full-size Zentradi baby? Is it even possible?

I took the "bigger than me" bit to mean he became taller than her because of the Micloning, not that he'd matured passed her physically as they grew older. I guess I'll just have to wait for the subs to see what you mean.
Old 2008-05-16, 19:34   Link #163
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh yeah obviously there still is.. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Cathy broke up with Ozma and not the other way around. Like he cares more about flying/ranka than me and even though I love him still it's painful to be around him blah blah blah.
I think it was his flying, and the fact he was very... mission-oriented and gruff that broke things up. Basically, she's the subject of "My Boyfriend's a Pilot" with the whole "I wish he'd pay more attention to me" thing. Plus, of course, I suspect his leaving NUNS had something to do with the split too.

Wesley84: It's certain that Mikhail and Klein have known another for quite a while - I can't see him teasing her without that. But this episode, from what others have indicated, suggests they've known each other for years, long before he joined SMS - which explains why he's so comfortable teasing her, and why she seems to think nothing about jumping on his back and throttling him, especially if they did that sorta thing when they were a few years younger.
Old 2008-05-16, 19:35   Link #164
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I think it was his flying, and the fact he was very... mission-oriented and gruff that broke things up. Basically, she's the subject of "My Boyfriend's a Pilot" with the whole "I wish he'd pay more attention to me" thing. Plus, of course, I suspect his leaving NUNS had something to do with the split too.
Oh yeah definitely think the NUNS thing was part of it, wonder if they will give us a flashback on their history or just leave it for us to read in between the lines.
Old 2008-05-16, 19:47   Link #165
Wesley84

Quote:
Wesley84: It's certain that Mikhail and Klein have known another for quite a while - I can't see him teasing her without that. But this episode, from what others have indicated, suggests they've known each other for years, long before he joined SMS - which explains why he's so comfortable teasing her, and why she seems to think nothing about jumping on his back and throttling him, especially if they did that sorta thing when they were a few years younger.
Yeah, but my point is would they have been able to do so that kind of stuff a few years ago? Klein's a full Meltrani, while Michael's a half. Growing up together probably wouldn't have been possible unless she was micloned or they were relatives somehow. Do they miclone Zentradi children?
Old 2008-05-16, 19:47   Link #166
Lanis

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised if Mikhail had a crush on Klein until the first time he saw her miclonized which traumatized him and made him run after older women
Old 2008-05-16, 19:54   Link #167
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Yeah, but my point is would they have been able to do so that kind of stuff a few years ago? Klein's a full Meltrani, while Michael's a half. Growing up together probably wouldn't have been possible unless she was micloned or they were relatives somehow. Do they miclone Zentradi children?
Perhaps - we don't know of any NEGATIVE effects of the process, and Milia's children, as far as we all know, were born while she was Miclonized so it certainly doesn't seem to hurt the mother. It certainly doesn't seem to hurt things any. Plus, even if they were different sizes, the Frontier fleet seems to believe in desegregation, which means at most they'd have to be careful to keep the kids from squishing one another when playing or interacting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanis
I wouldn't be surprised if Mikhail had a crush on Klein until the first time he saw her miclonized which traumatized him and made him run after older women
Naaaaah. He probably just teases her because she's a loli when miclonized, and it conflicts with his oneesama fetish (to judge by the girls' comments in Ep 5 about Mikhail's well-known pursuit of older ladies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisidor
Well Klan says she's going ahead first and tells Mikhail to not cry again because he lost sight of her. He answer with a shut up and stop mentioning their childhood.

No wonder he teases her - with that sort of revelation being made so casually (Mikhail used to be a crybaby), he'll take every chance he can get now to try for payback. But he will not win against Klein-sama.
Old 2008-05-16, 19:54   Link #168
Inquisidor

Send a message via MSN to Inquisidor
Quote:
^ So micloning is available to every child? Have we even seen a full-size Zentradi baby? Is it even possible?

I took the "bigger than me" bit to mean he became taller than her because of the Micloning, not that he'd matured passed her physically as they grew older. I guess I'll just have to wait for the subs to see what you mean.
Well Klan says she's going ahead first and teases Mikhail by saying "Don't start crying again because you lost sight of me". He answer with a shut up and stop mentioning their childhood.
Old 2008-05-16, 20:03   Link #169
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Not necessarily - Canaria and Ozma strike me as just very close friends, or maybe former lovers who are merely close friends now, rather than involved. I found it interesting how, despite how he said things were over between him and Cathy, that his first response when the Vajra started waking up in Episode 5 was to jump for Cathy and shouting her name with concern, then glaring at the Vajra rather than jumping for the override the way Leon was or trying to grab a gun.
Yer taking this overly too seriously. It was a JOKE man, JOKE!

Speaking of triangles, I think its quite obvious Ozma still has feelings for Cathy, will they get back together? Only time will tell.

Quote:
And yeah, Klein Klan and Mikhail have to have known one another for a while - since, as someone else pointed out, she did get mad at him and shout that 'just because he's gotten a little taller', which suggested their acquaintanceship had to precede their SMS membership. Which probably ALSO explains why she felt free to chase him around a restaurant even if it looked silly - she's been doing that ever since they WERE kids.
I've always interpreted the 'You've gotten a little taller now' comment in a way as to interpret Quran's current 'height' as a miclone is obviously shorter than Mikhail while her Meltlandi form was obviously 'taller' than Mikhail in every way. Although the possibility that they knew each other prior to joining SMS had always been there.

Anyway, in episode 7, this is what she said

"Don't cry just 'cause I can't see you"

"Hush up! You been saying that since we were kids!"

They obviously grew up together.

- Tak
Old 2008-05-16, 20:26   Link #170
Wesley84

Quote:
Perhaps - we don't know of any NEGATIVE effects of the process, and Milia's children, as far as we all know, were born while she was Miclonized so it certainly doesn't seem to hurt the mother. It certainly doesn't seem to hurt things any. Plus, even if they were different sizes, the Frontier fleet seems to believe in desegregation, which means at most they'd have to be careful to keep the kids from squishing one another when playing or interacting.
We saw Zentradi kids in the mall didn't we? I'm wondering just how available micloning is. I can't imagine it as being cheap and readily available.

Hopefully we'll get to see the circumstances under which they grew up together. It'd be a real shame for a casual one liner to take the place of what would probably be an amusing, as well as informative flashback.
Old 2008-05-16, 20:27   Link #171
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Yer taking this overly too seriously. It was a JOKE man, JOKE!

Speaking of triangles, I think its quite obvious Ozma still has feelings for Cathy, will they get back together? Only time will tell.
Joke it may be... but it's not exactly out of the question either. I could theoretically see that having happened... not that it has to have done so. And yes, he's definitely feeling something - but whether it'll be happening or not is another story.

Quote:
I've always interpreted the 'You've gotten a little taller now' comment in a way as to interpret Quran's current 'height' as a miclone is obviously shorter than Mikhail while her Meltlandi form was obviously 'taller' than Mikhail in every way. Although the possibility that they knew each other prior to joining SMS had always been there.

Anyway, in episode 7, this is what she said

"Don't cry just 'cause I can't see you"

"Hush up! You been saying that since we were kids!"

They obviously grew up together.

- Tak
Yup. And he's trying to get even... the poor bastard. He doesn't know when he's outmatched.

Quote:
We saw Zentradi kids in the mall didn't we? I'm wondering just how available micloning is. I can't imagine it as being cheap and readily available.

Hopefully we'll get to see the circumstances under which they grew up together. It'd be a real shame for a casual one liner to take the place of what would probably be an amusing, as well as informative flashback.

Yes, we saw full-sized Zentradi in the mall, both kids and adults. As for 'cheap and readily available', we saw Klein go from full-sized to loli in a few hours, so it's not exactly inaccessible either. Either SMS has their own private Miclonization chamber, or else the technology's pretty well spread around the Frontier fleet (and not so much in others, given how Sheryl didn't deal with any full-sized Zentradi till she hit Frontier).
Old 2008-05-16, 22:13   Link #172
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Oh yeah definitely think the NUNS thing was part of it, wonder if they will give us a flashback on their history or just leave it for us to read in between the lines.
I've speculated on Miss Macross figuring in their breakup. It's in the General Character Discussion thread.

Knowing that Mikhail and Klan were childhood friends is quite a nice development. I'm a sucker for those kind of things And yeah, we need a flashback!
Old 2008-05-16, 22:39   Link #173
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post

Knowing that Mikhail and Klan were childhood friends is quite a nice development. I'm a sucker for those kind of things And yeah, we need a flashback!
Speaking of flashbacks, it might be one of those stereotypical relationships, where Mikhail gets bullied upon, and Quran comes to aid (as that seems to be their childhood relationship).

Or in her case, it goes like this

Quran: "Stop bullying Michel!"

Bully: "NO!"

Quran: "Grr, I see you in 10 minutes!"

*10 minutes later*

Quran (in Meltlandi form, now 35 meters tall): *In a booming voice* Stop bullying Michel, I will not repeat myself.

Bully:

- Tak
Old 2008-05-17, 00:21   Link #174
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Wow that was one crazy episode that just bled testosterone. All those MOERU AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH noises really reminded me of Gurren Lagann.

One thing, what the heck was that thing with Ranka's stomach, some sort of biological operational amplifier in her stomach?
Old 2008-05-17, 00:37   Link #175
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-05-17, 01:43   Link #176
Wesley84

Quote:
Speaking of flashbacks, it might be one of those stereotypical relationships, where Mikhail gets bullied upon, and Quran comes to aid (as that seems to be their childhood relationship).

Or in her case, it goes like this

Quran: "Stop bullying Michel!"

Bully: "NO!"

Quran: "Grr, I see you in 10 minutes!"

*10 minutes later*

Quran (in Meltlandi form, now 35 meters tall): *In a booming voice* Stop bullying Michel, I will not repeat myself.

Bully:

- Tak
More like ten meters, though I don't see that scenario playing out myself. It's too...cliched.

What's hard to imagine is giant Zentradi children interacting with mixed and human children. Unless they were related, like cousins, I just can't see where they could know eachother on more than a casual and infrequent basis. And due to Klein's unique micloning situation, I can't imagine a young Michael looking to her for security as those lines seem to imply.

They are the same age right? If not...

*Imagines the Meltrandi Klein "Babysitter" scenario*

I really wish it was me...
Old 2008-05-17, 03:39   Link #177
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I'm disappointed with Cathy. I can just imagine her kid having Leon's weird haircut. OzmaxCathy has taken a fatal blow lol
That really sucks... unless Bobby was just joking. I can't stand that kind of vulture (Leon) around Cathy. I know we still have plenty to go through, but that is just plain WRONG! When I watched the scene implying Cathy was pregnant (maybe we get it all wrong), I had the urge to boo at the whole thing involving her and Leon; anyway, I'm mad at them.

Quote:
Well, that and how he was teasing her when she was on the bridge at the end of 6. Leon and Cathy and Ozma could be a very nice triangle, especially seeing how Leon seems to be merely using Cathy for his own ends. Or at the very least, he doesn't really seem to give a damn about her outside of the fact she's sexy and pliant.
Can't wait to see what's the deal with them.

Quote:
And yeah, Klein Klan and Mikhail have to have known one another for a while - since, as someone else pointed out, she did get mad at him and shout that 'just because he's gotten a little taller', which suggested their acquaintanceship had to precede their SMS membership. Which probably ALSO explains why she felt free to chase him around a restaurant even if it looked silly - she's been doing that ever since they WERE kids.
These two are really something, especially since episode 4 when Klan was playing her windmill while Mikhail was teasing her. I was pretty sure the teasing had to come from way back before the series started so much for Klein Klan was running after him so freely and breaking a few things in the restaurant on the way.

I would laugh hard onceagain whenever we'll see loli Klein Klan again next time.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2008-05-17 at 03:53.
Old 2008-05-17, 03:49   Link #178
Wesley84

Klein needs a set of mini-QR power armor to compensate for her miclone form. Kind of like what Alto used to control Luca's VF.
Old 2008-05-17, 04:15   Link #179
Kikuchi

I can't see why people take Bobby's joke so seriously. He was just teasing her because she couldn't handle it.

And please, think about it for a sec : even if she WAS pregnant (I strongly believe she's not), why the heck would Bobby now ?

I think a lot of people took the joke way too seriously, here.
Old 2008-05-17, 04:24   Link #180
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
I can't see why people take Bobby's joke so seriously. He was just teasing her because she couldn't handle it.

And please, think about it for a sec : even if she WAS pregnant (I strongly believe she's not), why the heck would Bobby now ?

I think a lot of people took the joke way too seriously, here.
Probably because a large majority among us just HATE to see Cathy with Leon, that's it. That "joke" could have meant insult added to injury.

That doesn't take away the fact that Leon looks like a vulture at times.
Closed Thread