Old 2008-05-17, 15:38   Link #81
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashdance View Post
Grimjaw would make much more sense.... o_ô
I agree.

I also think the original translation for his last name ("Jaggerjack") fits the character better than... well whatever the proper translation is.
Old 2008-05-17, 15:38   Link #82
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
It's not an opinion, it's prejudice. Being anime original("filler" as everyone decided to call them <.<) does not in no way mean that it's a side story or anything... it just means that it started in the anime first.
It is my opinion, I only used the word "Filler" to clarify.
It started in the anime first, but it has no mention what so ever in the manga story, which is the main story line. Anything besides it would be a "Side Story"

Quote:
Well they wouldn't be exciting if you had your way, right? I mean since they're unworthy of having anything interesting in them, apparently.
I'm not saying they aren't worthy of having anything interesting in them, I'm just saying that I, myself do prefer the manga over the anime's stories.

Quote:
Not true. If this is an alternate timeline(which it most likely is), nothing done here affects the normal timeline at all. Heck, Ichigo could die in this timeline and he'd be perfectly fine when the normal timeline resumes.
It's exactly what I said, you're agreeing with my quote, that people can die here and it would have no effect on the main story what so ever.

Quote:
You don't know how interesting the manga or anime would get, this is just unreasonable prejudice, pure and simple.
The anime being based on the manga does make that difference. There could be interesting "filler" arcs, we don't know how this one is going to turn out, but I found the Bounto arc a bit lacking in finesse. It's just prejudice to think that people who say "Filler" are idiots of some sort.

Quote:
I find it pretty extreme that everyone decided to be this irrational. It's unbelievable.
People have opinions, not everybody has to like the anime original arc's.
People can do whatever they like, as long as it's according to the rules, which means in this case, AnimeSuki rules.

Quote:
FWIW, I don't have anything against you or anyone here, and I apologize for seeming "unsportsmanship"-like. But I just can't sit here and accept how prejudice some people are. Heck, sometimes I wish that the manga stopped and the anime kept going, just to keep from hearing this... but that wouldn't actually stop the problem, just deter it.
At first glance, I thought we were thinking on similar lines, with the whole hollow ichigo arc theory.
I may be a new registered user on these forums, but I've been around as a guest for a while and I know some people can be really annoying, but you could also just ignore them, they are complete strangers after all.

It's a forum, you should be able to relax here when you're not doing anything else, people shouldn't become angry because of a forum with unknown people.
Old 2008-05-17, 16:04   Link #83
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
It's just prejudice to think that people who say "Filler" are idiots of some sort.
No one said that, but "filler" is a derogatory term.

Quote:
People have opinions, not everybody has to like the anime original arc's.
People can do whatever they like, as long as it's according to the rules, which means in this case, AnimeSuki rules.
That don't make it right.

Quote:
At first glance, I thought we were thinking on similar lines, with the whole hollow ichigo arc theory.
I may be a new registered user on these forums, but I've been around as a guest for a while and I know some people can be really annoying, but you could also just ignore them, they are complete strangers after all.

It's a forum, you should be able to relax here when you're not doing anything else, people shouldn't become angry because of a forum with unknown people.
It's too unnerving to read such prejudice like that at all. Anime originals should be treated equal. You don't have to like them if you don't want to, but do it because of the content, not because of what the episode/arc is.

Now that we got that out of the way, I honestly don't like the way this new arc is shaping up to be. I just hope that Ichigo or at least SOMEONE gets a powerup exclusively to this timeline. Even then, someone needs to die
Old 2008-05-17, 16:24   Link #84
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by GummyBearOfDoom View Post
This episode was pretty terrible, I'm not used to Bleach filler since I started watching it this year and skipped all the filler from 60's to like 110 or when ever it ends. And is it me or did the animation get worse?
Lol you never watched the bount arc. The show totally had no budget for that arc, everything looked like ass.

At most this is no more than 15% worse than the regular episodes. The bount arc was about 1/2 the animation and image quality.

The main thing that dropped it looked like were the detail in character faces (from episode 169), which is the greatest detail and when the budget drops thats the first thing that goes. The bount arc had good character face quality but they spent almost no money on the backdrops/background so you couldn't tell the high budget episodes and the low budget ones apart; the backgrounds looked equally appalling and you had to focus on the character faces to tell a difference. This arc they seemed to have learned their lesson--making a well painted background makes the episode look better even if the characters look a bit spottier.

But it looks like they at least retained some budget for the action scenes (albeit short). In the bount arc it was terrible until the last few episodes. On the flip side, the Ishida/Yoshi fight probably had better animation than 90% of the fights in the regular series and was actually the greatest glory (in terms of a well animated fight) that Ishida ever had, lol.

The last episode with Grimmjow was about the level of a Bount episode animation. So you know how bad it was.
Old 2008-05-17, 16:55   Link #85
Aadi

I tried to stay out of this conversation, but I thought you might appreciate a little support...

Quote:
No one said that, but "filler" is a derogatory term...
"Filler" itself is not necessarily derogatory, but how it's used around here, definitely is. Anime is not the only medium that uses fillers...there are plenty of manga stories that drift off on a tangent from the main storyline...it's a story, not canon, it's not like the manga is a bible that needs to be strictly adhered to, it's just a story...we like the Anime version, so we meet here...

Anyway, "fillers" are not a bad thing, the prejeduce against the anime is...

Quote:
...It's too unnerving to read such prejudice like that at all. Anime originals should be treated equal. You don't have to like them if you don't want to, but do it because of the content...
Part of the problem is that people just come here to stir up, well, you know what...they have a manga forum where they can go and converse about how great the manga is, and they're welcome to 'dis the Anime all they want...you don't find us wasting energy in the manga forums (well, I don't go there, so maybe you do...but that would be senseless) or even 'dising the Manga.

The point is that these "filler" conversations and Anime bashing never end...the manga devotees are not interested in listening to reason, they're just here to fill up page after page, week after week, of useless bashing...this is an ANIME Forum...even look at the name...it's AnimeSuke, not MangaSuke, yet they still provide a place for manga lovers to meet and discuss their main love...how do they repay, by bashing Anime at every opportunity...but it's all good...I don't mind heated conversations as long as there is actual communication and consideration happening...

BTW, this is just a statement, I'm not upset, I'm just stating an injustice...it's not meant as an attack, it's simply an observation of existing patterns.

Last edited by Aadi; 2008-05-17 at 17:14. Reason: typos
Old 2008-05-17, 17:01   Link #86
GummyBearOfDoom
Gummy

Send a message via AIM to GummyBearOfDoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Lol you never watched the bount arc. The show totally had no budget for that arc, everything looked like ass.

At most this is no more than 15% worse than the regular episodes. The bount arc was about 1/2 the animation and image quality.

The main thing that dropped it looked like were the detail in character faces (from episode 169), which is the greatest detail and when the budget drops thats the first thing that goes. The bount arc had good character face quality but they spent almost no money on the backdrops/background so you couldn't tell the high budget episodes and the low budget ones apart; the backgrounds looked equally appalling and you had to focus on the character faces to tell a difference. This arc they seemed to have learned their lesson--making a well painted background makes the episode look better even if the characters look a bit spottier.

But it looks like they at least retained some budget for the action scenes (albeit short). In the bount arc it was terrible until the last few episodes. On the flip side, the Ishida/Yoshi fight probably had better animation than 90% of the fights in the regular series and was actually the greatest glory (in terms of a well animated fight) that Ishida ever had, lol.

The last episode with Grimmjow was about the level of a Bount episode animation. So you know how bad it was.
See now I'm even more glad I decided to skip all of it. At least we can tell which characters we are looking at haha. Yea I heard the bount arc did have some decent scenes but overall was not worth it to get to them.
Old 2008-05-17, 18:23   Link #87
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
*buzzer!* WRONG!!!!No you didn't (I know exactly where you got that from)

That's incomplete the poster left out words
why are u so hostile?

if u just mean to emphasize words, underline the words instead of enlarging and captializing them, they make u seem like your shouting at the top of ur lungs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep View Post
And anyway people, why are you arguing using a interview, a non-canon source in the first place?
lol, the words coming out of Kubo's own mouth aren't canon?
Old 2008-05-17, 18:44   Link #88
strategos

Dunno if anyone noticed this; but the mod souls havent appear in the filler yet.

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2008-05-17, 19:25   Link #89
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strategos View Post
Dunno if anyone noticed this; but the mod souls havent appear in the filler yet.
I wanna see Ririn again...

Though maybe in this timeline, they don't exist(like how they don't exist in the manga)
Old 2008-05-17, 22:54   Link #90
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashdance View Post
Grimjaw would make much more sense.... o_ô
And most thing you saw in the battle Ichigo vs. Grimjaw was dust clouds. ^^

About that.... the official name is out... so I guess we should use the correct one. Tho' i do agree that grimmjaw sounds cooler. Jow just sounds... so tame.. like a crow... or a cow

Quote:
lol, the words coming out of Kubo's own mouth aren't canon?
Yeah? Because we're talking about the bleach manga/anime here? What he says in the interviews isn't canon because he dosen't need to be held responsible for it, its just a hint at what he wants to do, he can change it at any time. If anything, the definition of canon, novels, stories, films, etc., that are considered to be genuine or officially sanctioned, and those events, characters, settings, etc., that are considered to have existence within the fictional universe, shows that it isn't canon.

I'm not taking part in the filler debate.... yet... had my fill of it last bount season already But I was just thinking, cool, I haven't seen a real page full marathon in bleach forums like that for like what, the last few months except in the ichigo/rukia/orihime threads of course >_>
Old 2008-05-18, 00:34   Link #91
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

Quote:
I wanna see Ririn again...
Me too.
Old 2008-05-18, 04:47   Link #92
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

I would like to se Ririn too... through a telescopic sight of sniper rifle >:3

Old 2008-05-18, 16:54   Link #93
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenTaichou View Post
I would like to se Ririn too... through a telescopic sight of sniper rifle >:3
amen to that
Old 2008-05-19, 23:42   Link #94
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

holy crap...is it possible to think there's something wrong w/ forums when words like "prejudice" and "derogatory" get flung around just because of what defines "filler?"
Old 2008-05-20, 00:04   Link #95
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
*buzzer!* WRONG!!!!No you didn't (I know exactly where you got that from)

That's incomplete the poster left out words
I'm pretty sure you know...since I posted a link on the previous page...and if you would be so kind to link the interview in it's entirty, since the wording left does insinuate that Shiba was in the Noble Five, cause it would make sense am I right? cause after they dropped, it became the Noble Four...

and for the love of pete people...use a spoiler tag when posting a ginormous image on the forum...
Old 2008-05-20, 06:41   Link #96
T3rmina
...muso

animation quality

is this what we have to put up with now?
Old 2008-05-20, 22:56   Link #97
Aadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
holy crap...is it possible to think there's something wrong w/ forums when words like "prejudice" and "derogatory" get flung around just because of what defines "filler?"
You've kind of missed the point...as stated, there is nothing wrong with "filler" or with labelling an episode as "filler"...what's being addressed is the attitude that comes along with it..."prejudice" and "derogatory" are perfectly valid and accurate terms to describe that attitude, they were not used to describe the labelling of an episode as "filler".
Old 2008-05-21, 02:20   Link #98
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rmina View Post

is this what we have to put up with now?

holy crap. after seeing a still i realize how shitty it really is.
Old 2008-05-21, 05:06   Link #99
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

something bugs me..
why does Ishida have his powers back while Ichigo doesn't have his mask yet..

Old 2008-05-21, 06:38   Link #100
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Why would Ichigo need a mask to beat random hollows/assasins ? Also thats Ishida's bow now . As this arc progresses and Ichigo encounters bosses we will know he has the mask or not