AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-12, 02:49   Link #21
shugundamfreak

two recent anime's that i got hooked on was naruto and prince of tennis. when i first saw naruto i just said i have to watch more so i watched eps.1 to about 63, which was the lastest esp, in 2days. prince of tennis took me longer it took me about 2 weeks to watch from1-100
Old 2004-04-12, 03:39   Link #22
yukari_kiss
dreamer flyer

sailor moon is the first anime i've encountered and i was quite lil back then, that was one good anime, but now....it seems somewhat not entertaining to me...:S
but there are two animes which got me really badly hooked:
1) Full Metal Panic
2) Escanflowne
Old 2004-04-12, 05:35   Link #23
bluemist
i am the mist

(Level 0) I have watched anime ever since I was a kid, but never really tuned in too much. I never followed any series religiously, and whatever I watch really gets forgotten the next day.
(Level 1) My first fansub was Evangelion. Finished the anime but never really gave anime as a whole too much importance.
(Level 2) Love Hina. Oh my, yea anime are really quite good, wanna get some more. There goes the 'limited' search for good anime, but after that...
(Level 3) Cardcaptor Sakura. After this anime, I started to get 'all' the anime that I can ever get my hands into.

And the anime that got me hooked for an episode marathon:
Full Moon wo Sagashite - 52 episodes in two days! Shoujo anime at its best.
Hikaru no Go - 38 episodes in one day!!! WHOA! Darn it, the only thing that stopped me is the time!
Old 2004-04-12, 06:00   Link #24
kujoe
from head to heel

Of course I've been watching anime ever since I was a kid! However, during those days I only saw them as equal to the typical Saturday morning variety--the kind of shows that you watched occassionally but never devoted yourself to. What got me thoroughly fascinated was Ranma 1/2, which I first watched almost 10 years ago. Lucky for me, I had a buddy who collected the damn tapes. Ever since then, there have been no signs of turning back.
Old 2004-04-12, 08:27   Link #25
refused!

the first anime I watched was acctually Battle Programmer Shirase... When a friend found out, he borrowed me some naruto episodes on cd's, and that got me hooked. But the best anime I've watched is problaby Full Metal Panic and Love Hina, closely followed by Hunter x Hunter and Naruto...
Old 2004-04-12, 09:03   Link #26
Tenkoy
That is a secret.

Send a message via AIM to Tenkoy Send a message via MSN to Tenkoy Send a message via Yahoo to Tenkoy
Tenchi Muyo OAV.

I even remember the part that hooked me. It was the end of Episode 5, where Ryoko finds Tenchi's scarf and just breaks down.
Old 2004-04-12, 09:41   Link #27
SoulDrinker
wandering soul

Send a message via MSN to SoulDrinker
i think it was dragon ball (crappy mainstream) then a friend showed me evangelion and i got hooked
Old 2004-04-12, 10:00   Link #28
Black Jaggan
Killing Intent

Hmmm, I think the animes on RTL2 got me hooked. I started with DBZ of course...but then I started looking for more animes and I found them on RTL2 and Yorin> Wedding Peach, Dr. Slump, Tsubasa, Doremi, Sakura, Sailor Moon, Gundam Wing and Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. Ranma 1/2 really got me...I even stayed at home for it...and skipped class to see it. That was enough for about 3 years and then I wanted more... I wasn't completly hooked yet...but then I discovered fansubs....

I don't even remember how I found fansubs and animesuki, but now i'm completly hooked on some animes> Saiyuki Reload, Naruto & Hunter X Hunter
Old 2004-04-12, 16:32   Link #29
Gaara2
LegendofMir

Send a message via MSN to Gaara2
myen was Get backers.. very good anime, action comdey, drama and all very nice anime
Old 2004-04-12, 18:03   Link #30
7thMethuselah

As a kid I watched alot of anime on french tv : Hard to say which one got me hooked , it must be one of these titles since those are about the only ones I can remember
Saint Seiya
Goldorak
Mysterious Cities of gold
High School Kimengumi

As I got into university I kinda lost sight of anime. I had no tv or comp back then, and several other activities. But later on I started searching for those old anime I watched before, it was in this search I found Gundam Wing Love Hina and EVA and those made me search for more
Old 2004-04-12, 18:23   Link #31
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
What got me hooked was my first 2 anime I've ever saw, Samari Pizza Cats and Astro Boy.

First fansubs/DVD/VHS:
Cardcaptor Sakura (So much better than the dub.) VHS
Inuyasha (Before it came to the US. Don't enjoy the dub much, though.) Fansub
Excel Saga (Read the title.) DVD

I've seen some good, and I've seen some awful , but I will always watch anime.
Old 2004-04-12, 22:15   Link #32
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
I've been watching anime since I could remember, first being Grendizer, loved it. I've always watched anime on TV and I liked it, what got me hooked was when I accidently downloaded Zone of The Enders Idolo, that got me hooked on anime really bad. Then PMK just locked me in.
Old 2004-04-13, 04:54   Link #33
Kerensky18
?Sleep?

Send a message via MSN to Kerensky18
The very first anime that I watched that got me hooked would be Mononoke Hime that movie is just freaking awsome.
Old 2004-04-13, 14:18   Link #34
mikeon

hrm I say around 10 years ago when I was like 7 or 8 and they showed anime on sunday i think. I didn't know what anime was but I remember these two shows one of it had samuri's I guess, I think 5 of them? with differnt colors and I remember the green one inside a rock and they used a sword to break it open. Bah it was so long ago I forgot everything else. The other one I think it was mecha, I remember something about using crystals to transform and I remember he found his sister in a gel sac? Man my memory is so fuzzy! Then there was sailor moon up to the part where those sisters had their own shop.

My friends got me hooked on anime with Gundam Seed last year, I think it was around episode 29
Old 2004-04-13, 15:46   Link #35
scingram

1992, Guyver: Bio Booster Armor!
That show brought me in.
Tenchi, and Robotech kept me there.
Macross Plus locked me in forever.
Have watched fansubs on VHS and now downloaded ever since.
-S
Old 2004-04-13, 16:17   Link #36
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

I would say Naruto draged me in to anime, but One Piece got me hooked, and im really enjoying Full Metal Alchemist because of the wait between episodes. The wait between One Piece ep's have introduced me to anime I would have never seen otherwise, to think all this happened in not even a year, wasnt even a anime fan at all until a bittorrent link popped up... first cd's... then movies.... then animes.... but now im rambling
Old 2004-04-13, 16:25   Link #37
Laryx

This thread is quite suitable for a first post I guess. I`d seen some anime in the past but the one series that got me totally hooked was record of Lodoss war.

Last edited by Laryx; 2004-04-13 at 16:42.
Old 2004-04-13, 20:20   Link #38
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

The first anime I saw was Sailor Moon when it started airing over here (that was at least 10 years ago now). Young girls in short skirts - what's not to like there?
Old 2004-04-13, 20:38   Link #39
Nasuke

Send a message via AIM to Nasuke
Dbz was the first anime I got into but Naruto had me going crazy. Now i'm into FUll Metal Alchemist, Midori no Hibi, One PIece most definately and my newest anime besides Midori no Hibi is Tenjou Tenge which I just started watching today and it is friggin awesome.
Old 2004-04-13, 20:52   Link #40
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by |)arK_Nin
I would say Naruto draged me in to anime, but One Piece got me hooked, and im really enjoying Full Metal Alchemist because of the wait between episodes. The wait between One Piece ep's have introduced me to anime I would have never seen otherwise, to think all this happened in not even a year, wasnt even a anime fan at all until a bittorrent link popped up... first cd's... then movies.... then animes.... but now im rambling
The wait? meaning like in the beginning when they do a part of the show for like a min and then they show the them song and back to the show? Maybe Witch Hunter Robin might interest you buts its licensed.
Closed Thread