Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-06, 17:00   Link #181
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

That's to be expected

The game is good because you know it won't stop on Onikakushi, you'll have more. as for the movie, who knows if there'll be a watanagashi-hen. (probably not)

No matter how perfect they adapt onikakushi-hen arc, anyone who never played the game will watch it and at the end say: "So what? Why are the girls going nuts, who's the killer? just questions, no answers... :/"

It's pretty risky to make a movie like this where probably only hardcore fans will enjoy (if they enjoy, that is...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I wouldn't be surprised...how much can you cover in 2 hours anyway? Those who already played the game wouldn't care much about real life characters, those who havn't would only be confused and give up. Added to the fact that (according to the review) that the movie doesn't have a hook like the games did to keep people intrigued and wanting to find out more, the movie can only get a low review.
Hmm
An anime episode = 20 minutes
2 hours = 6 episodes
The anime had just 4 episodes

It's more time than the anime had and I don't think the anime did a bad job with onikakushi in terms os adapting the plot.
So, I guess time is not the problem here.
Old 2008-05-06, 17:44   Link #182
Rias

Perhaps anime's onikakushi-hen isn't the worst, it's far from being done well. Onikakushi-hen is an important arc that introduce the viewers to the series, and skimming on the elements is definitely a big mistake on the anime staff's part. One of the main theme is "How did this normal world went crazy?" (by Keiichi), and without emphasis on the "normal" part, the "went crazy" part became weak. It definitely could've used more details and spaced out the events some more; when they put some back into Yakusamashi-hen was already too late.
Old 2008-05-07, 00:22   Link #183
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I always wondered why Onikakushi-hen wasn't that intriguing for me at first when I watched the anime. I didn't have any idea what the visual novel offered then.

After listening to the drama cd, that's the time I realized.
Old 2008-05-07, 16:28   Link #184
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
It appears that one Japanese review site gave the Higurashi movie a rating of 10%. I must admit that this doesn't augur very well for its content.
they should have done something like the silent hill movie, not exactly like the game... but still kept what made people fall in love with the game
Old 2008-05-07, 16:32   Link #185
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
they should have done something like the silent hill movie, not exactly like the game... but still kept what made people fall in love with the game
In other words, not like the Silent Hill movie at all.
Old 2008-05-07, 16:35   Link #186
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

guessed i used a bad example lol
Old 2008-05-15, 10:48   Link #187
bratchaman

Anyone seen it yet?
Spoiler for live action poster:
Old 2008-05-22, 00:43   Link #188
whiteferrero

the movie;s out right? anyone know if it's been subbed yet? i'm still gonna watch it even with all the bad review. can't really know 'til u see it for urself XD
Old 2008-05-22, 04:11   Link #189
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteferrero View Post
the movie;s out right? anyone know if it's been subbed yet? i'm still gonna watch it even with all the bad review. can't really know 'til u see it for urself XD

Man you're way too hopeful, the movie is on theaters only, for now.

Higurashi is not an 'Evangelion' to have crazy fans capturing it with a crappy cam. There are no raws, let alone a subbed version
Old 2008-05-22, 04:50   Link #190
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
Man you're way too hopeful, the movie is on theaters only, for now.

Higurashi is not an 'Evangelion' to have crazy fans capturing it with a crappy cam. There are no raws, let alone a subbed version
Plus there was that bootleg scandal, so the fans in Japan probably don't want to take the risk of recording it.
Old 2008-05-22, 07:39   Link #191
whiteferrero

ooh. so we're waiting for dvd;s b4 we get subs? sori. i don't really know the subbing process XD
Old 2008-05-22, 09:08   Link #192
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
Plus there was that bootleg scandal, so the fans in Japan probably don't want to take the risk of recording it.
Besides
Eva movie kicked ass

And by the reviews, this movie doesn't seem to be so good to take the risk
Old 2008-05-22, 20:38   Link #193
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
I'm still watchin' the movie even though the review says it's bad. It's their opinion. xD

Can't wait for the DVDs

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2008-05-24, 10:16   Link #194
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I actually saw the movie when I was in Japan. It was actually pretty good! The story was done pretty close if not very close to the original. he only problem people would have is maybe character match ups. But over all the more gory scenes were done really well. The part where Rena says that it is a lie...was really odd though. Comnpared to all anime to live action I would say this is one of the best I have seen.

Reviews says it is bad? Like where? Movie critics or fans?

Ok I just read a bit what the review says. I would say yes you have to know that there is more...many plpl in the theatre were like wtf since they don't know really what to expect to come or what happened. I think anime fans or fans of the game would find it to be good. It is WAY better than death note which was a terrible movie >.<
Old 2008-05-24, 11:52   Link #195
bratchaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
I actually saw the movie when I was in Japan. It was actually pretty good! The story was done pretty close if not very close to the original. he only problem people would have is maybe character match ups. But over all the more gory scenes were done really well. The part where Rena says that it is a lie...was really odd though. Comnpared to all anime to live action I would say this is one of the best I have seen.

Reviews says it is bad? Like where? Movie critics or fans?

Ok I just read a bit what the review says. I would say yes you have to know that there is more...many plpl in the theatre were like wtf since they don't know really what to expect to come or what happened. I think anime fans or fans of the game would find it to be good. It is WAY better than death note which was a terrible movie >.<
Am I the only one that thinks the Death Note movies were good? I had high hopes for this movie but was let down by the 10 out of 100 review it got. I love the series, reading tshe manga/still haven't played the games. Please someone torrent this nao!
Old 2008-05-24, 14:51   Link #196
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
http://hinoai.livejournal.com/673762.html

I found someone's review on it over at livejournal.

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2008-05-25, 10:53   Link #197
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Her review is quite close to what I thought....

ot but she is saying something about being a mangaka...her art isn't that great >.> *cough*
Old 2008-05-25, 12:04   Link #198
Joly
モエカステル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Her review is quite close to what I thought....

ot but she is saying something about being a mangaka...her art isn't that great >.> *cough*
What's that have to do with anything? o_o
Old 2008-05-26, 10:35   Link #199
bamboontu

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstarry View Post
a live action drama without bright blue/bright green/light brown hair is doomed to fail :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante of the Inferno View Post
But life would be so much easier with color-coded friends
And how am i supposed to tell them apart now?
Old 2008-05-26, 14:12   Link #200
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboontu View Post
And how am i supposed to tell them apart now?
By hairstyle, apparently. If the colorblind can do it, you can too!

Tags
live action