AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-30, 17:24   Link #741
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, in knightmare battle, yeah, in a pure hand-to-hand combat, Suzaku is superior to Kallen it would seem (episode 19 <_<).
Yeah and she was naked and trying to cover up and stab at the same time. Like I said they seem to avoid an equal chance when comparing the two physically. When they fought on the island she was trying to cover herself up. When they were racing she was in a beaver suit and had to hop (and she still managed to out hop everyone other than Suzaku) The one time they could have fought equally she opted to run away. Suzaku's unnaturally strong but Kallen or Li could be naturally better.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:25   Link #742
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Well, in knightmare battle, yeah, in a pure hand-to-hand combat, Suzaku is superior to Kallen it would seem (episode 19 <_<).
She was naked at that time that makes a huge handicap lol
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:26   Link #743
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I've never seen any statistic on how popular she is, though I'm pretty sure she is pretty high on the popularity scale. And I would say she was a bit naive concerning Zero. Not so much anymore I guess.
Well, in most polls on various forums I've seen, she seems to be the 3th or 4th most popular character. Dunno how her standing is in japanese polls though; maybe Koshimizu have any polls from a magazine or two to show us in that regard?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:32   Link #744
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I believe she was in the top 10 at least. I didn't find out C.C. was the most popular female character until recently actually and was somewhat surprised at that.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:33   Link #745
Aquaman OS

In an early poll she was the most popular female of the Geass characters but as the first season picked up (and Kallen did less and less) C.C. topped her.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 18:26   Link #746
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

So I suppose one would expect her to become the most popular character since the opposite of season 1 is happening in R2?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-30, 19:18   Link #747
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
She was naked at that time that makes a huge handicap lol
Yeah, quite the handicap, I suppose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday
I believe she was in the top 10 at least. I didn't find out C.C. was the most popular female character until recently actually and was somewhat surprised at that.
Hmm, I see. Well, C.C. was rather more active in season 1 than Kallen in many regards... Especially later on whereas the focus on Kallen was mostly early in the first season - in the later parts of the season, her staus was mostly that of "Zero's protector/most loyal follower" and they refrained from developing or getting us to look more into her character, which may have contributed to her decrease in popularity at that point...
Old 2008-05-30, 19:35   Link #748
orangejuicetang

Even though she was naked at that time, she wasn't trying to cover herself up. She used her coat not to hide her body, but to hide the knife that she was trying to stab Suzuku with. And also, C.C. and Kallen seem tied so far in R2, but it's still too early to tell. Both of them really haven't gotten that much screentime so far yet, so I'm going to refrain from making a judgement so far.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 20:04   Link #749
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I wouldn't say they are tied at all. Kallen so far in R2 has been more important and has recieved more development and screentime in comparison to C.C. this season. And given that Kallen has her own little story still to be told apparently, she'll likely keep increasing in importance as time goes on. C.C. character and develpment is entirely restricted to the Geass plotline which isn't going to be getting much screentime from the looks of things until near the end of the series.

I suppose Kallen will catch up soon in the popularity polls in Japan soon enough to the top then.

Old 2008-05-30, 23:08   Link #750
Omega Zero
God of Destruction

Send a message via MSN to Omega Zero
Besides the issue about Karen's older brother, i don't think that there is much more to be revealed about her . . . we already know her reason for being part of the rebellion even if she is half-britannic, though it may have a bit about her brother that is still undercover, we already saw what happened with her true mother and probably that was it for her mother.

Besides that, and the Gurren getting an upgrade, i think that she is still just an ace pilot of the Black Knights, her screen time on season two have not really centered on her nor showed anything about her personal development besides the fact that she now love Lelouch as himself and Zero, just that she don't accept the former.
Omega Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 23:39   Link #751
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Her father as well. I'm just going by how they said they moved her whole story to R2 which implies it's something rather large in nature. I don't think there is that much that is left to answer except for a few minor details.

Where are you getting that she loves Lelouch? She still seems conflicted to me.

Old 2008-05-31, 02:13   Link #752
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Where are you getting that she loves Lelouch? She still seems conflicted to me.
She can still love him, but be in denial about it and as a result be conflicted.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 05:41   Link #753
Daito-kun
wanderer

Send a message via ICQ to Daito-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
She can still love him, but be in denial about it and as a result be conflicted.
oh wait a sec! what do you mean "still love"? She never loved Lelouch in the first place, and her feelings for zero were more like blind admiration, absolute loyality! now, when she knows, who Zero is, he became a bit more human to her. And the fact that Zero is her classmate ( the one she is little despise of) is a more shock. I think she still got her resolve about sertving zero, but about Lulu=zero topic she is still confused
Daito-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 05:50   Link #754
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daito-kun View Post
oh wait a sec! what do you mean "still love"?
I meant that there's the still the possibility, though I can see how someone can construe that as having a previous love.

As for her love for Zero being of absolute loyalty... well in the Bokura no Hibi stories, Kallen had sexual fantasies about Zero. Not sure how canonical that is, but you should still consider that.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 12:20   Link #755
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Well, in most polls on various forums I've seen, she seems to be the 3th or 4th most popular character. Dunno how her standing is in japanese polls though; maybe Koshimizu have any polls from a magazine or two to show us in that regard?
Character popularity poll in the official website:
1st Round
2nd Round

Poll in NewType, last March. (They do this every month. But I don't keep track of those and only have this at hand.)

Female department:
#1 Lacus
#2 Haruhi
#3 C.C.
#4 Kallen

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-05-31 at 12:34.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 12:37   Link #756
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Character popularity poll in the official website:
1st Round
2nd Round
Yappari, anta wa sugoi!!

Oh, so in these polls at least, Kallen is the second most popular character?
Might not be so strange though, if you consider Dann's argument for as to why she's such a popular character in Japan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshimizu View Post
Poll in NewType, last March. (They do this every month. But I don't keep track of those and only have this at hand.)

Female department:
#1 Lacus
#2 Haruhi
#3 C.C.
#4 Kallen
Thanks for this as well. for those interested, the male department:
Spoiler for Male department:
Old 2008-05-31, 12:57   Link #757
Razziell22

Animage Magazine’s 29th (2006-2007) Anime Grand-Prix

Animage Magazine's 30th (2007-2008) Anime Grand-Prix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
30th Animage Anime Grand Prix No. 1 Favorite Male and Female Characters?

Code Geass's Lelouch Lamperouge and C.C. appear to be the winners in the favorite male character category and the favorite female character category, respectively, of the 30th Annual Animage Anime Grand Prix.

This is for celebrating the triumph in Animage's 30th (2007-2008) AnimePrix.

(and I don't know in what place Kallen is in 30th Annual Animage Anime Grand Prix )

Last edited by Razziell22; 2008-05-31 at 15:26.
Razziell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 13:14   Link #758
Stretch5920

When Lelouch geassed Kallen in season 1, we didn't actually see the whole conversation did we? After he asked her "Why are you a terrorist?" she answered that she is half japanese and then the scene cut off to something else and came back correct? (this is just from memory, too lazy to dig up the eps and rewatch it). It would be interesting and quite funny if Kallen told Lelouch everything about her brother,etc back then. That way Lelouch knows Kallen's past, but Kallen doesn't know he does, and now it is quite likely that Kallen knows Lelouch's past, but Lelouch doesn't know she does. Should make a rather interesting conversation/confrontation when it is brought up.

Unless I'm wrong about the scene being cut off, then just nevermind.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 13:23   Link #759
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Unless I'm wrong about the scene being cut off, then just nevermind.
No, you're quite right; when Lelouch asked her "Why would you go so far", the scene was shifted to Shirley instead and this we didn't get to hear her answer. I suppose we'll see a conversartion between'em on this subject though... and that aside, this about her brother is something the story have just scrathed the surface of so far (we know that he died fightning Britannia and that he was the leader of the rebel group that Ohgi took command off after his death).
Old 2008-05-31, 13:51   Link #760
Stretch5920

I doubt her brother will be a big deal as far as the overall story goes, just a bit of backstory for Kallen. Unless they bring him back somehow, but that seems pretty unlikely, I'd rather he stayed dead anyway.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote