AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-05-31, 11:14   Link #301
AznSoulBoy
Syouke

Well, this is getting ridiculous. I had already enough of this Sasuke's arc.
Now that Sasuke got his ultimate sharingan whatever, he looks so god now.
Destroy Konoha? Ah! Whatever...

Btw, since when everybody came back. What happened to Kisame? *sigh
Old 2008-05-31, 11:19   Link #302
NarutowithSharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Rereading chapter 397, page 11: Madara says Itachi did give all of his eye jutsu to Sasuke. If that's true and if Sasuke has now EMS then he is ridiculously overpowered. I wonder if the insta-killing soul sword is also included in the package One cool side effect of this would be that in the next chapters Naruto will receive unbeliveable powers, and finally he should become more like Jiraiya, his fight against Pain was both badass and funny, so Naruto can evolve but at the same time remain an "idiot"
Lets not forget that shield
NarutowithSharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 11:37   Link #303
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

I don't mind Kakashi and Sakura arc at all. But isn't it we already have Kakashi arc as when he was a kid?
Well, anyway, what I'm trying to say is even it's going to be Kakashi and Sakura arc, it doesn't mean there won't be any Sasuke or Naruto showing up in the story, especially in Sakura's arc, she loves both of them, (but I'm not sure in what way).
Lugia_Tsuyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 13:16   Link #304
clarizza

Hope Sasukes attack on Konohagakure consist of a Super Powered Amaterasu (TM).

Which first hit Sakura, then is reflected back at Sasuke.
(It will get reflected by her big shiny forehead)
Leaving 2 piles of smoking ashes. Removing these 2 immensely annoying characters.

Hopefully this all happens before Sakura gets her own arc.
And Hinata getting promoted to leading lady, instead of forehead girl. =)
clarizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 13:56   Link #305
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
I caught up with the manga yesterday (reading 399-401) and read 402 just now.

I LOVE the new direction the story is going in. I thought it would be over once Sasuke's quest for revenge against Itachi ended, Kishimoto seeming to have nothing more to offer, buts he's pulled one out of the bag with this Uchiha/Senju story that proves Itachi wasn't evil.

It was a bit silly how Sasuke believed Madara when he said he hadn't sent the Kyuubi to attack Konoha - That was an obvious lie (and the only lie). He's ignoring Itachi's warning about Madara and working with the person who caused the Uchiha massacre.

The question now is who will fight who... It's possible Sasuke to fight any leaf ninja at this point. I'm personally hoping we get to see Sasuke and Neji go at it.

Anyway, questions:

1: I don't understand why Sasuke has a never before seen set of sharingans. He didn't take Itachi's eyes, which was seemingly the only for him to get the ultimate eyes, so I'm lost... How did Sasuke get his new eyes?

2: My memory tells me that the only way a Uchiha can get MS is to kill the person closest. So, how did Sasuke get MS by simply watching Itachi die?
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 15:26   Link #306
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutowithSharingan View Post
Lovely choice of words.
But didnt Kishi say that he was gonna concentrate on Sasuke and Kakashi This year then Sakura THEN back to Naruto? But then again Naruto going into solitude to train is a perfect que to concentrate on others. And once again people will be saying "the manga isnt fucking called Kakashi!! (or Sakura for that matter) FUCKING COMPLAINERS.
This interview was back at the beginning of the year IIRC. I highly doubt that Kishimoto meant it would be all Sasuke until the end of 2008.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 15:35   Link #307
Sarugaki
mangekyo shenanigans

My thoughts on the chapter :

So Itachi finally had his flashbacks, so it means he's officially dead. Damn. He will be missed.

I like where the manga is going. Itachi being killed off and Sasuke turning against Konoha is unexpected so it's interesting ( although I wish he would be more like Madara, neither good nor evil )

Sasuke's MS looks good as well.

Last edited by Sarugaki; 2008-05-31 at 17:01. Reason: teh engrish
Sarugaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:11   Link #308
tatami
back in black

all hail a - bomb stare now!!!
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:13   Link #309
AzoJason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarugaki View Post
I like where the manga is going. Itachi being killed off and Sasuke turning against Konoha is unexpected so it's interesting ( although I wish he would be more like Madara, neither good nor evil )

Sasuke's MS looks good as well.
Sasuke turning against Konoho is unexpected?
I think, it was pretty clear, that this was Madaras goal, since the beginning of their discussion.
And what should Sasuke possibly have done else, if not feeling hatred for Konoha, after hearing what Konohas higher ups have done to Itachi`s and his own life.

Currently watching: Queens Blade, K-ON, Guin Saga, Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden), DBZ Kai, FMA Brotherhood
Bleach/Claymore/FMA/Black Lagoon Manga
AzoJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 16:43   Link #310
Pentium
Uchiha

Hopefully we could now see some Naruto power ups like getting more clever, proper use of shadow clones and a better mastery of the kyubi chakra... I could only hope cause Naruto as a character is seriously depressing to watch in both anime and manga!

Quote by Cub-Sama: Say that to Raikage who's awesomeness can only be compared to what would happen if Samuel L MOTHERF*CKING Jackson and Mr. T had a child who was raised by Rambo. Even with Sage Mode I think Raikage can b*tch slap Naruto into next week.
Pentium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 17:18   Link #311
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentium View Post
Hopefully we could now see some Naruto power ups like getting more clever, proper use of shadow clones and a better mastery of the kyubi chakra... I could only hope cause Naruto as a character is seriously depressing to watch in both anime and manga!
I am sure the message that Jiraiya left has something to do with Naruto's upcomming training sessions.

Or the message was: "Naruto & Tsunade, Kishimoto betrayed us! The Uchiha's are taking over. Even Pain's Rinnegan is under the genjutsu of the Sharingan!"
Old 2008-05-31, 17:54   Link #312
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
So Team snake turns to Team Hawk... well thats a good change.

I kinda hoped that Sasuke would only attempt to revenge to Elders/Danzou but now that he announced that he will destroy Konoha entirely he is pretty much doomed.

This change will finally turn Sasuke as 'bad guy'. Even if his cause can be considered 'righteous', Konoha isn't same village as it was back then, I like Sasuke but he is doomed to fail if he tryes go vs Konoha.

if it's going to be team hawk vs konoha, and it might look like madara will support team hawk. and madara is the leader of the akatsuki, whitch means pein and the 3 others remaining will join in. then what is it in konoha to fear?

and the one below Juugo is a hawk... cant you see the beak...?

and with this new side of Itachi revealed. they must change the answer in the naruto-kun character test:P
cp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 18:30   Link #313
Sakuranbo
So Like A Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Or the message was: "Naruto & Tsunade, Kishimoto betrayed us! The Uchiha's are taking over. Even Pain's Rinnegan is under the genjutsu of the Sharingan!"
Priceless. Would be funnier if it weren't true
Old 2008-05-31, 19:18   Link #314
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
It was a bit silly how Sasuke believed Madara when he said he hadn't sent the Kyuubi to attack Konoha - That was an obvious lie (and the only lie).
How do you know it is a lie? It isn't improbable to assume in his fight against the first that the Kyuubi was sealed and overtime had broken out. While I don't believe in this myself, you just can't throw away the possibility.

Quote:
He's ignoring Itachi's warning about Madara and working with the person who caused the Uchiha massacre.
Konoha (well in particular Danzou and the council) caused the Uchiha massacre. Madara only offered to help, which for all we know probably didn't even do all that much.

Back on point though, this was a great chapter as it opens up alot of possibilities. Like for example, is team Hawk part of Akatsuki or not? Have Madara betrayed Akatsuki to be with team Hawk, or using Hawk for Akatsuki's goals or even using both for his own goals now? What happened to Kisame? If he is alive, would he also join team Hawk or stick with Akatsuki?

Ironically enough, team Hawk's goal and Akatsuki conflicts with each other. One wants the destruction of Konoha, which includes the demon container (ie Naruto), and the other wants the demon container. Like others guess, this gives the perfect opportunity for Root ANBU (and Danzou and the elders) to do a coup de grace against Konoha and killing Tsunade thus having people like Naruto and co. ending up as rebels. This opens up potential alliances between Danzou and Akatsuki, Danzou and Kabuto and dwell a little bit more into the Hyuuga if they also assist Danzou.
Old 2008-05-31, 19:20   Link #315
SeanQ

Lol...Just realized how really retared this chapter was...Sasuke just heard of Madara's failed attempt to overthrow the kage because of his overcofidence in his EMS...and now that he has a MS...he thinks he's all badass now and is goint to attempt to do what Madara couldn't...this guy really...a genius?
________
Honda Nr Specifications

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 13:20.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 19:26   Link #316
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
Lol...Just realized how really retared this chapter was...Sasuke just heard of Madara's failed attempt to overthrow the kage because of his overcofidence in his EMS...and now that he has a MS...he thinks he's all badass now and is goint to attempt to do what Madara couldn't...this guy really...a genius?
While Sasuke did do some dumb things; I really won't compare these 2 incidents together.

- Madara with an inexperienced EMS (and probably not that powerful in the MS jutsus, if any at the time back then) fought the 1st on his own. For example, if Madara had that invulnerability trait when he fought the 1st, I highly (and this can't be stressed enough) the 1st would have won that fight.

- Sasuke have the same Madara on his side (supposingly), plus team Hawk, plus Akatsuki lurking in the background while Konoha have to worry about Root ANBU.

A pretty huge difference if you ask me that greatly plays to Sasuke's favour.
Old 2008-05-31, 19:38   Link #317
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by astayanax View Post
Madara with an inexperienced EMS (and probably not that powerful in the MS jutsus, if any at the time back then) fought the 1st on his own. For example, if Madara had that invulnerability trait when he fought the 1st, I highly (and this can't be stressed enough) the 1st would have won that fight.
Madara seems to have had the EMS for quite awhile before the VotE battle with Hashirama. Specifically, Madara's brother was dead well before the Uchiha and the Senjuu settled down to make Konoha (one of the reasons that Madara did not want peace was because he thought that his brothers "sacrifice" would go un-needed), so Madara seems to have had the EMS for quite awhile before he decided that if he couldn't be number 1 then everyone must pay.

That being said, it is currently unknown if the incorporeal jutsu Madara uses is an MS trait or simply something he developed (though I would bet it is an MS jutsu and Hashirama simply found a way to beat it, much the same as it will be beaten in future battles).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 20:48   Link #318
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
How do you know it is a lie? It isn't improbable to assume in his fight against the first that the Kyuubi was sealed and overtime had broken out. While I don't believe in this myself, you just can't throw away the possibility.
I (and everyone else) won't be able to find out it's a fact until Kishimoto puts pen to paper. I'm not ruling out the possibility that Madara had no hand in Kyuubi attacking the village entirely, but I'd seriously put money on him being the mastermind behind the attack.

There's too much pointing towards Madara being the mastermind behind the Kyuubi attack:

- Madara is the only person know to have fought alongside Kyuubi (chapter 399). Likewise, he's the only known person to have commanded the Kyuubi.
- Madara hates both his own clan for not fighting with him and the Senyu clan...or, in other words, he hates Konoha.
- Itachi made a point of telling Sasuke that Madara had been the one to order the Kyuubi to attack. Itachi, although deceptive, didn't come across as the sort to make such a thing up.
- It's rather hard to believe Madara just bumped into Itachi when he needed help. It's likely that Madara planned to bump into Itachi at just the right time; when Itachi needed him.
- Madara is the final villain of the series. Sasuke is going to rather inevitably have to turn back to the good side - What better trigger than the 'revelation' that Madara was the one who started a chain of events that lead to the Uchiha Massacre?

Quote:
Konoha (well in particular Danzou and the council) caused the Uchiha massacre. Madara only offered to help, which for all we know probably didn't even do all that much.
What caused the chain of events that lead to the higher ups mistrusting the Uchiha clan was the Kyuubi attack. If Madara did command the Kyuubi to attack, it was he who caused everything.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 21:28   Link #319
NextTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
why hawk.. i understand snake cause of all the snakes by hawk? it doesn't seem that significant
The hawk is a natural predator of snakes.

NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-31, 21:35   Link #320
NextTime

It's clear that Madara intends to use Sasuke, but I can't imagine them being together for long. Sasuke will probably be a threat to Madara as he grows with his new powers. As part of his act, Itachi told Sasuke that the only one who would be able to surpass the immortal Madara was himself. That probably means that he specifically planned for Sasuke to surpass Madara, since know we know that the things Itachi said he wanted were really what he wanted for Sasuke.
NextTime is offline   Reply With Quote