AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 00:35   Link #1121
tenken627
what Yagi said

I admit that I wish the girl wasn't a child of Raki/Priscilla/Isley or Priscilla herself for reasons of my own.

I really hope that the girl (and maybe Raki's armor) comes from the other continent, the "real" world.

As much as it might be interesting to see ABs or Claymores producing children, I would be even more interested in learning more about the world in which the Claymore continent is just a very small part of. Everything that has happened in the story is caused by events and people from a different land. Other lands, other people, other races, other beings. The girl being Priscilla would just be another same old twist to me. I really want to know more about the other continent, and through that, learn more about yomas, Claymores and the Organization itself.

Of course, since we are already past the halfway point in the story overall, Yagi-sensei would need to have this other world incorporated into the story without the story taking place in the other world to make it work.

This would mean that characters or artifacts would have to find themselves somehow onto the Claymore continent. For the setting to shift into the other continent would ruin the pacing and make the plot too convoluted in a short period of time. On the other hand, the introduction of a few new characters from the other continent into the current setting and plot would only add to the story. And right now would be the perfect time to do so.
Old 2008-06-13, 01:47   Link #1122
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Tenken: I like the idea of the girl being from the other continent! I had not considered that possibility. Like a little GiB (girl in black) or something. The idea reminds me of Newt from Aliens who was able to survive the invasion and then joined up with Rippley. I think that would be a very interesting twist. It would explain Raki's armor as well. Maybe some other experiment of some type? The fact she can sense youki is just telling us this girl is special.

I think Yagi could definitely speed the story up in the next little while if he wants to. Most of Claymore is fighting anyway . Really it is just skips between fights and the moments before and after them. Which is awesome. It really does not take much to move the story around as seen in the last two chapters or in the chapter with Riful telling all about Priscilla. I plan on enjoying Claymore for quite a while.
Old 2008-06-13, 02:28   Link #1123
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydropod View Post
7 seems like a number used a lot in East Asian works and figures of speach as well. Apart from 7 years and 7 Ghosts as seen here, there is also things like the seven samurais. A famous Chinese martial art novel is seven swords of mount- heaven. And even discord between married couples are called the seven year itch. So, why all sevens?
seven in My religion it means Almost Infinitive. Seven is mentioned is if about God work. Seven days of World Creation, Seven Day Of Death Court, Seven Sky of Heaven. if some of your relatives dead you -pray for him/her for 7 days (tahlilan) It seems in our blood oops in our mtyh Seven is Mystical Number.

I am Asian
Old 2008-06-13, 02:43   Link #1124
tenken627
what Yagi said

@Chiba

Yeah, I think these new revelations are here for a purpose, but I don't foresee a trip to the mainland. It would be great if we are introduced to some of these people from the other world. It is the other world that the MiBs are concerned with. Everything that has happened: yomas, Claymores, Teresa, Clare, ABs, Isley, Priscilla, etc etc is because of the other world. By learning more about this world, I think we'll begin to finally understand the Organization, its history, and the reasons why they created everything. You yourself wondered about the Organization in a post a page back.

By having this little girl come from the other land, many hidden parts of the story could be revealed to the protagonists and to the readers.

For 6 years in real time, the Organization has been nothing but a dark, mysterious entity that we know next to nothing about. Since we are right now beyond the halfway point in the series, and with these new revelations from Miria, I have a feeling that the story is going to start moving towards the climax, and we're going to be taken for quite a ride. Most stories usually start really advancing around this point.
Old 2008-06-13, 10:03   Link #1125
nekowai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarakiss~ View Post
dressed maita? where did you see that? *checks* brb ^^;
Sorry, i thought it was miata but it was yuma
Old 2008-06-13, 12:43   Link #1126
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
First off, I guess I should introduce myself, as you can probably see, I'm NobodyMan. Nice to meet all of you.
-----

I also believe that the girl on Raki's shoulder came from the other continent. It would definitely spice things up a bit. In fact, I believe that Raki may have had a short trip to the mainland with Isley and Priscilla.

I feel this could work in many ways. First, Raki could confirm many of Miria's theories if (and when) he meets the Ghosts. Also, if they all made a trip to the mainland, I can totally see Raki as their chaperone.
-----

I think that Raki may encounter someone else before Clare finds him. This is because I think it may be a little too quick for them to reunite, even if the plot begins to advance quickly. As for who he would meet, I have a few guesses. My top bets are Raphaela (sp?), duph (would explain his absence), Rubel, or even Audrey and Rachel (would be amusing ).

my 2 cents (about damn time I posted )

Last edited by NobodyMan; 2008-06-13 at 19:04.
Old 2008-06-13, 12:56   Link #1127
shschesschamp

I think Raki actually was on the mainland for a time there with Isley. They killed a Dod and made it's scales out of the badass armor that he currently wears. Think about they could make the Dod out of mythril armor or armor like mythril. I'm sure everyone knows about mythril just from watching lords of the rings or reading the books. Or I could be wrong and the armor really is made from the same materials as the claymore swords
Old 2008-06-13, 13:18   Link #1128
I <3 Teresa

Hope I don't rain on anyone, but I'm wishing there is nothing more than just a close bond between Raki and Clare. Me, myself; I'd hate to have the story turn into them fighting side by side after all of the past talk of Claymores excelling passed normal humans. I wouldn't mind though, seeing Raki on the same level of say, Clarice.

Also, (don't beat me up!) I'm hoping that girl with Raki isn't Pricilla. There is a high chance that it could be, but I'd rather it be someone else. Like I said previously, it would strange to have Raki bump into Clare with Pricilla on his shoulder. What kind of reunion is that?

I'll probably end up going through the whole manga series again while I wait for the next one so I don't end up going into withdrawl.
Old 2008-06-13, 13:19   Link #1129
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

finally, the idea i came up with but was quickly shot down is in play -- the girl being from the mainland and raki venturing over there.

but here's the thing; why would isley go? if he did, he'd lose the south to riful in his absent.
Old 2008-06-13, 13:31   Link #1130
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
It's true that Isley would have left the southern lands open for Riful if he went to the mainland with Raki and Priscilla, but with Priscilla, I think he would have little trouble getting it back.

If Raki and Co. did not go to the mainland it would be possible that Isley has a few contacts there and could have "special ordered" the sword and armor for Raki, with or without his knowledge. But this would not explain how he got the girl, so this may be unlikley.

On the girl, if she is indeed a new character, I wouldn't be surprised if her name was Teresa. Now don't go thinking that the Teresa will suddenly make a come back, It will just be a name. Raki would name her after the Clare & Teresa statue, and since he still thinks clare is alive (which she is) he would name her Teresa. Interesting idea, if he did not go to the mainland, what if he got the girl from the same village that betrayed Teresa and sent her off to be a claymore? But that's just far-fetched speculation and most likely not true.
Old 2008-06-13, 13:31   Link #1131
tenken627
what Yagi said

Welcome to the boards NobodyMan and shschesschamp! Always good to see other Claymore fanatics here. We need more posters!

At first I admit that I didn't believe Isley himself (or Raki) traveled to the other continent during the 7 years lapse. But, the more I think about it, the more I think it's a pretty decent possibility.

Now that Chapter 80 has confirmed that the first male Claymores were sent to the front lines early in the war, we know that Isley probably knows about this continent as well. And, if you think about it, we don't really know Isley's true motivation.

If Isley was content with his 100 years of isolation, he would never have allied himself with Priscilla and would have kept living like he did before Priscilla arrived. He wants something, and it's probably not just revenge against the Organization like the Ghosts. There is more at work here than what we see.

We've debated many times in different threads months ago on the reason why Isley has remained silent for about 7 years since his battle with Luciela.

Some felt that it was because Isley truly is content with where he is, and never really had ulterior motives. He went south because Priscilla wanted to.

Others felt that Isley is patiently waiting for something. 7 years is nothing for an AB, and he's abiding his time until a specific thing comes along.

And there are also people who feel that Isley actually hasn't be waiting, but he's been moving around and continuing with some master plan of his.

Miria's revelations puts everything in a new light, including Isley's actions and motives. He has been silent for 7 years, long enough for a good trip to the "real" world. Maybe this wouldn't be his first time there. He might have been sent to war with the other male Claymores long ago. Either way, he's been quiet for way too long imo.

Edit:

Quote:
finally, the idea i came up with but was quickly shot down is in play -- the girl being from the mainland and raki venturing over there.

but here's the thing; why would isley go? if he did, he'd lose the south to riful in his absent.
It's time for your idea to make a comeback!

Well, it would depend on what Isley truly wants. Maybe the south is just a stepping stone for his plans, and not actually necessary for his ultimate plan? Maybe he went south because he wanted something there and already found it? There could be many different possibilities.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-06-13 at 13:52.
Old 2008-06-13, 17:23   Link #1132
Griffen-Derek

Quote:

Hell yeah, that's a great idea, Raki going overseas.

And yes, he'd definetely lose his territories to Riful.

One more thing: I bet the "something interesting" Riful claimed to be found back in Scene 70something and would share with her would-be allies is about what happens in those other lands.

And no, Riful is not Miria's reliable source
Old 2008-06-13, 18:17   Link #1133
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffen-Derek View Post
One more thing: I bet the "something interesting" Riful claimed to be found back in Scene 70something and would share with her would-be allies is about what happens in those other lands.
maybe that 'something' is actually... ... the girl? and riful said she would have her revenge and take it on raki. and taking the girl from raki
Old 2008-06-13, 18:39   Link #1134
Griffen-Derek

Quote:
maybe that 'something' is actually... ... the girl? and riful said she would have her revenge and take it on raki. and taking the girl from raki

Riful said she'd take her revenge on Raki? I'm gonna review some of the previous manga scenes, but right now all I remember is Riful yelling at Clare saying something like "You will pay dearly for this". Perhaps it is made clear in the raw version? Please point which one?
Old 2008-06-13, 18:48   Link #1135
Griffen-Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by I <3 Teresa View Post
Hope I don't rain on anyone, but I'm wishing there is nothing more than just a close bond between Raki and Clare. Me, myself; I'd hate to have the story turn into them fighting side by side after all of the past talk of Claymores excelling passed normal humans. I wouldn't mind though, seeing Raki on the same level of say, Clarice.

Also, (don't beat me up!) I'm hoping that girl with Raki isn't Pricilla. There is a high chance that it could be, but I'd rather it be someone else. Like I said previously, it would strange to have Raki bump into Clare with Pricilla on his shoulder. What kind of reunion is that?

I'll probably end up going through the whole manga series again while I wait for the next one so I don't end up going into withdrawl.
Indeed, and like I said before, that girl is just too small to be Priscilla. I would support the theory of a Miata's twin, but I doubt the Org would use a human to take care of her, even if being oversighted by Rubel, Orsay or any other of those guys.
Old 2008-06-13, 21:26   Link #1136
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffen-Derek View Post
Riful said she'd take her revenge on Raki? I'm gonna review some of the previous manga scenes, but right now all I remember is Riful yelling at Clare saying something like "You will pay dearly for this". Perhaps it is made clear in the raw version? Please point which one?
oh no~ i was only saying raki might be the 'unlucky' victim of her wrath of revenge

if riful finds out raki is dear to clare she just might though.
Old 2008-06-13, 21:38   Link #1137
evil_kenshin

Quote:
oh no~ i was only saying raki might be the 'unlucky' victim of her wrath of revenge

well it seems more likely that it will be Priscilla Raki is held against (blackmail) though i don't think Priscilla can understand blackmail either considering how she acts
Old 2008-06-13, 21:46   Link #1138
shschesschamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_kenshin View Post
well it seems more likely that it will be Priscilla Raki is held against (blackmail) though i don't think Priscilla can understand blackmail either considering how she acts
I bet Riful ends up finding out about him. Duph fights Raki while Isley or Priscilla fights Riful. Maybe even Alicia and Beth help Riful team up on Priscilla, and Raki proves he's a half yoma by beating Duph. If he is then he's a defensive type warrior.
Old 2008-06-13, 21:51   Link #1139
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shschesschamp View Post
I bet Riful ends up finding out about him. Duph fights Raki while Isley or Priscilla fights Riful. Maybe even Alicia and Beth help Riful team up on Priscilla, and Raki proves he's a half yoma by beating Duph. If he is then he's a defensive type warrior.
hmm Alica + Beth working with Riful is possible but that would mean they both awakened (which i guess is what the yoki manipulator is for to stuff up soul link)

and if Riful gets her yoki manipulator (makes more sense it would be Lune/runee whatever the new eye's name is) she would gain 3 allies and be stronger than the Isley/Priscilla alliance.

But i don't know about Raki being a half yoma who's a defensive type (though i wouldn't have anything against it)

I wonder duaf is dead at this point lol we haven't heard from him or seen him at all with Riful (or she had enough of him ) since the 7 year timeskip
Old 2008-06-13, 22:49   Link #1140
Griffen-Derek

Quote:

ah nice this could be a fine arc

although it would lead the story into a few new strong moments, we would be directly hit by intense drama and anxiety, and an almost certain sad outcome, I'm afraid an anticlimax, a tragic end of scene bringing a feeling similar to the one we (those of us who like Jin) felt, moments before Jin passes away - when it was certain for us that helping Clare would be her chosen doom...
Closed Thread

Tags
manga