Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-17, 16:51   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 504 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-06-17, 16:52   Link #2
marvelB

What's been revealed so far:

-Disco calls his boss on the Denden Mushi for help. However, said boss already has his own business to worry about: Specifically, the business of the Shichibukai facing off against Whitebeard's crew.

Kidd and Law are fighting the marines with Luffy (all right! ) and it turns that they have DF powers as well. Law has the ability to seperate another person's body parts (kinda like Buggy's ability in reverse), and Kidd has some sort of reflection ability.

-Meanwhile, Sengoku is talking to Kizaru. Kizaru tells Sengoku that he'll handle the situation at Sabaody and that he'll be back soon....

Whoa... most definitely a crazy chapter. I think it's most obvious to assume at this point that Doflamingo is Disco's boss, what with the smilie symbols in the auction house. And I like the fact that both Law and Kidd are Paramecia-type DF users (still waiting to see Law's bear in action....).

So now that we know that the Shichibukai are facing against Whitebeard's crew, it looks like the Marines won't have to use all their forces after all (and to those who thought that an admiral wouldn't come to Sabaody... HAH!) Looks like Kizaru isn't the axe guy after all, since he didn't match the silhouette from chapter 497. Since that's the case, we still have another mystery character on our hands. Hmmm....

Anyways, I can't wait for the full chapter to come out!
Old 2008-06-17, 17:08   Link #3
Vree

I have my doubts about this spoiler...
Old 2008-06-17, 17:13   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post

I assure you, it's the real deal.
Old 2008-06-17, 17:17   Link #5
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So now that we know that the Shichibukai are facing against Whitebeard's crew, it looks like the Marines won't have to use all their forces after all (and to those who thought that an admiral wouldn't come to Sabaody... HAH!) Looks like Kizaru isn't the axe guy after all, since he didn't match the silhouette from chapter 497. Since that's the case, we still have another mystery character on our hands. Hmmm....
I am not sure about this. Specifically, I have seen two summaries that have listed it either as all 7 Shichibukai are going to fight or simply the 7th currently unknown Shichibukai is going to fight. Either seem plausible.
Old 2008-06-17, 17:19   Link #6
naruto89

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

So now that we know that the Shichibukai are facing against Whitebeard's crew, it looks like the Marines won't have to use all their forces after all (and to those who thought that an admiral wouldn't come to Sabaody... HAH!)
(lowers head in shame) I guess that would be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
The guys that have supplied the spoiler are rarely if not ever wrong, well here are two pics to validate parts of the spoiler

Spoiler for piccies:
Old 2008-06-17, 17:26   Link #7
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

A great chapter.

An Admiral is coming to the island, and he is someone we haven't seen before. Garp is also arriving. A crucial moment to learn something more about WG, and the strength of an Admiral. I think with all those involved, with the seriousness of the crime, with what is going on with Ace, I demand an explosion from Luffy and the others. Of course, if he gets an opportunity. Since, in that case, Rayleigh may easily stop the attacks Kizaru was planning to use on Luffy and the others.

This is really interesting. Kizaru is going to the island to eliminate Luffy but he will find himself Rayleigh as an opponent. And Garp is going there for Rayleigh, but he will find Luffy and the others. Don't think they will face as opponents. But, wouldn't that put to much burden on Rayleigh to face both Garp and Kizaru at the same time? I am not ignoring the possibility that he may have an interesting ability to stop both at the same time. But, a change of opponents might be a better option here. We may be able to see another joint attack from the Strawhats this time against an Admiral, and Rayleigh can have all the fun he wants against Garp.

Kidd and Law are joining the fight instead of acting like bystanders. That is great. Is it willingful or forced? I hope it is willingful. I don't want to see them act independent in this situation.

And, above everything, Whitebeard facing all the Shichibukai. One Yonkou vs all. I think this tell enough on how strong Whitebeard is.

Quote:
it looks like the Marines won't have to use all their forces after all (and to those who thought that an admiral wouldn't come to Sabaody... HAH!)
I think nobody expected the WG to use literally half of their forces against a "mere" Whitebeard.

I hope, if the spoiler about all Shichibukai involving is correct, whoever that said the Shichibukai was equal to Yonkou (as one of the three greatest powers) in power should just give up. Whitebeard and his crew seems to be strong enough to draw WG's band of misfits just to stop(?) him or defeat(?) him. As of now, it is pretty much fair to say that against a simultaneous attack from Yonkou (all at the same time), WG cannot do a lot (and that group of WG includes all their admirals and vice admirals).

I wish Shanks would go there too, so that we can see a match-up between him and Mihawk (that may either put an end to the beliefs that Mihawk is stronger than him or on the opposite seals that belief as a fact).
Old 2008-06-17, 17:31   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
I am not sure about this. Specifically, I have seen two summaries that have listed it either as all 7 Shichibukai are going to fight or simply the 7th currently unknown Shichibukai is going to fight. Either seem plausible.

Yeah, it wasn't specified exactly which Shichibukai would fight against Whitebeard, but I'm guessing that just the ones who are willing to cooperate will fight against him (Kuma and Blackbeard are pretty much a given if this is the case). Moria should still be recovering from his beatdown from Luffy, and it's possible that Doflamingo would want to fight against WB for the sake of the "new age". I can't really say anything about Jimbei or the final unknown Shichibukai, though...

And now that we've got three of the supernovas fighting against the Marines, I'm hoping that more of them join in on the fun (I particularly want to see Apoo and Capone in action...).
Old 2008-06-17, 18:03   Link #9
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Hmm what about Mihawk?
Old 2008-06-17, 18:16   Link #10
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
Hmm what about Mihawk?

Ah... Mihawk? I'd put him in the same camp as Jumbei and the 7th Shichibukai. We don't really know enough about him to say whether or not he'd be interested in fighting Whitebeard (and he already said he no longer has an interest in fighting a one-armed Shanks). If anything, it's more likely he would head to Sabaody instead since he's expressed an interest in Luffy's crew....
Old 2008-06-17, 19:19   Link #11
Vree

Yeah... Let's wait for the chapter first, but if it's really the Whitebeard against seven Shichibukai, I shall feel kind of cheated. Everything up to this point seemed to try to convince us about how uncontrollable and disobedient most Shichibukai were, and now they suddenly team up against Whitebeard just like that? No matter how awesome that is it's still not very consistent.
Old 2008-06-17, 19:37   Link #12
ellifeedn
Thinker

Perhaps the crew with the help of the other Supernovas can plan a jailbreak out of Impel Down that will shock the world more than WG declaring war with WB.
Old 2008-06-17, 20:36   Link #13
chitgoks

hah! if moria's going to be there, and luffy sees him, he'll tell moria, wha? you again? i just kicked your ass a few days ago. ill beat the crap out of you "again". then everybody would suddenly be surprised ... "again??" ... how come his bounty was never upped?!? haha
Old 2008-06-18, 00:15   Link #14
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I am guessing only a few Shichibukai will show up...One Shichibukai we CAN EXPECT is Blackbeard!!!
Old 2008-06-18, 01:18   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why are you assuming that Blackbeard is going to fight against WB?
Basically he has no reason to. He doesn't have any problems with WB... he just used him (by becoming a member of his crew) to get his DF, and he defeated Ace to become a Shichibukai. All because it was necessary for his own goals. But he doesn't need to defeat WB for this.
It's WB who should want to pick a fight with BB, not the other way around.
While I certainly agree that Blackbeard will not directly challenge Whitebeard, it could be said that Blackbeard has set up much of the current situations in order to get Whitebeard killed. Out of everyone on the Grand Line, Whitebeard is said to be the one closest to finding One Piece. And, as we have learned, Blackbeard desires One Piece, and has become a Shichibukai so that he can search for the treasure unabated. So, Whitebeard's death or at least defeat will help Blackbeard's plan greatly.

That being said, if he does show up, then it will only be with a group of people (not just his crew)...like the other Shichibukai .
Old 2008-06-18, 01:45   Link #16
chitgoks

i also feel the same way that blackbeard wanted that darkness devil fruit because he needs that power to become more powerful as there are more powerful people than him
Old 2008-06-18, 01:54   Link #17
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Blackbeard should join the fight if he is asked by the WG. It is as simple as that. Consider how much he worked to get seated. It is a request (/order) he should not be allowed to refuse.

Of course, even though the Admirals may not have joined the fight, the same cannot be said about the vice-admirals. Whitebeard is planning to attack the WG. And WG using only Shichibukai to defeat a pirate would not look good for the countries that form the WG. Though, the vice-admirals may not get a lot of screening time. Hence, their importance might be ignored. Or the importance of Whitebeard and his crew may surpass theirs, hence comes their omittal from the storyline.
Old 2008-06-18, 01:56   Link #18
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Wait BB desires One Piece? o.O Where was that stated? o.o

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2008-06-18, 02:16   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Probably connecting the dots using becoming pirate king, having dreams, and going back to the beginning of the story to find one piece.
Old 2008-06-18, 02:23   Link #20
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majek View Post
Blackbeard desires to become the Pirate King, and the Pirate King is intrinsically connected to One Piece. So, Blackbeard is looking for One Piece. Additionally, Blackbeard wants to be the "Strongest". He mentioned several times in Chapter 440 and 441 that he is the "strongest" and that he will "conquer the world" (these chapters are also where he specifically mentions his desire to be the Pirate King).

edit: Fipskuul got to your question before me .
Closed Thread