AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-21, 08:04   Link #81
grosboulet

law's power is indeed it looks like a switching power since he switched the head and the cannonball but oddly the marine seems still alive!!
Old 2008-06-21, 08:41   Link #82
chitgoks

the one with a black cap right? with a skull logo? his tongue looks like a sausage lolz. guess he was playing possum all along. probably a devil fruit ability hahaha
Old 2008-06-21, 11:34   Link #83
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
How about Cappone looking like a Boss man!? He is dressed for success heading towards Fishman island!
To bad Silvers left the spot and will meet Luffy in Grove 13 (Obviously that is going to take a while to happen damn he STILL neeeds his ship coated)!
Too bad the SH reserves are trying to join in on the action. Hell, no one asked the damn weaklings to jump in the mix (Robin, Ussop, Chopper, Sanji) Only Zoro should Go since he is top tier. The rest are just freakin boring to watch and it just stretches out the needles fighting!
Kidd and Law have good designs! They seem like good characters along with their powers!
DoFlamingo looks ready for action!
IT'S ALMOST TIME TO SEE WHAT CHARACTERS ARE MADE OF!
Old 2008-06-21, 15:25   Link #84
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Well, this chapter was awesome!

I'm really lovin' the "team-up" Luffy, Kidd, and Law are doing (not exactly a real team-up since they are competing with each other it seems XD)

My guess about Law's Devil Fruit ability is the power to switch one object with another one, no matter what it is. One thing I noticed though was that on page 18 panel 3, that the objects in question (in this case the cannonball and the marine's head) have to be in the circle he forms, his sword also seems to be used for his attack.

I also noticed that the marine who's head was replaced by the cannonball was still alive.

I'm lovin' the designs of the supernovas, especially Law and Kidd's. Law is probably my favorite of the Supernovas (besides Luffy of course ) He is just so cool!

Oh. and greetings to everyone here on the One Piece boards!

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-21, 18:35   Link #85
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

This is also a guess but I think the Powers of Law and Kid are.
Kid: Magnetic fruit (Kid can create magnetic fields very likely to x-mens Magneto. At least this would explain him repelling the cannonball without using Kumas reflection fruit Idea again)
Law: Seems he can create a "room" in a radius of about 10m. Inside this room he can controll any physical law including the position of objects.

That would be my guess.
Looks like the "bound by coincidence and competing" teamup will lead Kid and Law to play the role of the more important Supernovas, as the marines think they are in with the Royal beating too.
But ODA has surprised us so many times. We will never be able to predict everything anyway.
Old 2008-06-21, 20:04   Link #86
marvelB

I have a feeling that, depending on the "troops" Kizaru brings along with him, we'll soon be making matchups for the upcoming battles between the marines and supernovas's crews. Before I mentioned the possibility of Kizaru bringing along Shichibukai with him, but now I'm not so sure. Chances are, he may be bringing along highly-ranked marines such as vice-admirals with him after all (like the Buster Call VAs), or at least marines who are at the rank of commodore (Smoker not included, since he wants to meet Luffy in the New World). It certainly would be a neat way to see what Kidd and Law's crews are truly capable of (and I'm curious as to whether Killer or Law's bear have DF abilities as well)....
Old 2008-06-22, 00:10   Link #87
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

If Kizaru is bringing extremely powerful people, this fight will not end with only Luffy, Kidd, and Law joining their forces. There are at least three others who also decided not to leave immediately (Hawkins is one of those who may want to join). And, I still don't know whether those will be enough. If Oda decides to make Kizaru and others much stronger than Luffy and others, the numbers may end up being insufficient for the pirate side.

Also, I am eagerly waiting for Rayleigh and Shakkie fighting together. And, those might not be the only ones who are tied to each other. I am not ignoring the possibility that there may be a few others within that friendship circle living on that island. And, Garp's role is suspicious. I doubt that he will capture Rayleigh. Maybe, he will be given an option to leave with the Strawhats at the end, to the Merman island. If he and Hacchi are childhood friends, then there is a chance for him to have lived on the Merman island for some time. Anyway, back to Garp's role, if he is still seeing Dragon, then I am guessing he might have an ulterior motive. Maybe, we can have a glimpse of that. This would be the first time Garp would be making an honest conversation with one of the worst enemies of the WG (assuming Rayleigh is considered that way).
Old 2008-06-22, 02:16   Link #88
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
If Kizaru is bringing extremely powerful people, this fight will not end with only Luffy, Kidd, and Law joining their forces. There are at least three others who also decided not to leave immediately (Hawkins is one of those who may want to join). And, I still don't know whether those will be enough. If Oda decides to make Kizaru and others much stronger than Luffy and others, the numbers may end up being insufficient for the pirate side.
I keep hoping that Urouge will somehow get involved. Specifically, I want him to mention Luffy's defeat of Enel to the other Supernova's and Island citizens. I am sorry, but I just think it would be so cool if Urouge says, upon seeing an Admiral approaching Luffy and the gang, something along the lines of "if Strawhat can take down a God, I doubt he will have any problem with an Admiral...". I am not saying that Luffy can or could fight an Admiral any time soon, but I would love for Urouge to say something akin to this sometime in the future (Urouge will automatically become my #15 favourite One Piece Character if he calls Luffy a "God-Slayer/Vanquisher").

Then again, maybe Urouge is from a different Sky Island, and he does not know about Enel or Luffy's battle...which would make me a sad panda...
Old 2008-06-22, 02:37   Link #89
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It depends on where Urouge was when Luffy beat Enel. But, I think, if he has his own crew, it should have happened earlier than that fight. It is not like he will set up his crew sooner than Luffy.

But, I understand your point (or the cause for that point). If Oda selected a pirate specifically from Skypie (when it was not actually necessary), it is likely to have some meaning.
Old 2008-06-22, 04:01   Link #90
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

THe Mystery Monk and Basil Hawkins look kind of the "jokers" of this arc to me. they are pretty mesterious and we don't know where to put them so they could most likely do something surprising.
Old 2008-06-22, 07:04   Link #91
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
It depends on where Urouge was when Luffy beat Enel. But, I think, if he has his own crew, it should have happened earlier than that fight. It is not like he will set up his crew sooner than Luffy.

But, I understand your point (or the cause for that point). If Oda selected a pirate specifically from Skypie (when it was not actually necessary), it is likely to have some meaning.
There's a good chance Urouge was already out on the blue sea when the Strawhats were on Sky Island. He could have been living on the blue sea for quite a while before becoming a pirate captain. Personally I don't think there has to be any specific reason for a Sky Island rookie other than showing the supernovas originated from all different seas, even the sky island sea. Like TSO says though, Luffy might say something about their trip there when he recognizes their wings. It would be interesting if Urouge was from Bilka, the sky island that was also Enel's homeland that he destroyed. His reaction might be fun to see.
Old 2008-06-22, 08:45   Link #92
DesuX2

Something strange: Flamingo says that the smiley sign is his symbol, and the one on the auction hall seems to be a modified version of it. So does that mean that Law is part of the gang as well? He has that finger flipping attitude, as well as a smiley with screws around it, and everything about him looks like a new-age punk. Well, except the bear that is.

What IS the bear anyway.
Old 2008-06-22, 11:09   Link #93
chitgoks

urouge knowing luffy beat enel seems kinda not possible. unless there was a way for skypeople to go back and forth easily that even their old God doesnt know about. and i agree that when urouge became a pirate, he was already at the blue sea when luffy went to sky island.

and it would be nice if luffy would meet urouge and tell him about sky island. not a lot of people have went there
Old 2008-06-22, 11:11   Link #94
chitgoks

urouge knowing luffy beat enel seems kinda not possible. unless there was a way for skypeople to go back and forth easily that even their old God doesnt know about. and i agree that when urouge became a pirate, he was already at the blue sea when luffy went to sky island.

and it would be nice if luffy would meet urouge and tell him about sky island. not a lot of people have went there
Old 2008-06-22, 12:22   Link #95
PerkoEyo

That mean-eye lokk .. it's called Haki isn't??
Old 2008-06-22, 15:52   Link #96
vel
I'm in despair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
That mean-eye lokk .. it's called Haki isn't??
Haki are almost equal like aura.
So, I think it is spread by body...
Old 2008-06-22, 16:13   Link #97
Master Mold
Banned

Well when/if the Shichibukai beat The Whitebeard Pirates (Which is the strongest Yonkou Crew out of the four) I can say that the Yonkou will be in some deep ****.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:45   Link #98
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
Well when/if the Shichibukai beat The Whitebeard Pirates (Which is the strongest Yonkou Crew out of the four) I can say that the Yonkou will be in some deep ****.
I can assure you that both sides are not coming out of this war unscathed. Before Whitebeard inevitably falls, he and his crew are at least going to take out some powerful individuals; such as a couple of warlords, some vice admirals, and maybe even an admiral. Both sides are certainly going to suffer severe casualties when this is over. If anything, I think that the World Government is at a disadvantage when the war ensues because it is a perfect opportunity for Dragon to make his move in seizing other countries and there are three other emperors left to do as they please at their own discretion. It's true that the power and influence of the emperors will diminish, however the World Government is also going to suffer from this whole situation. The two characters that I can see greatly benefiting from this war would be Blackbeard and Dragon.
Old 2008-06-22, 17:48   Link #99
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I can assure you that both sides are not coming out of this war unscathed. Before Whitebeard inevitably falls, he and his crew are at least going to take out some powerful individuals; such as a couple of warlords, some vice admirals, and maybe even an admiral. Both sides are certainly going to suffer severe casualties when this is over. If anything, I think that the World Government is at a disadvantage when the war ensues because it is a perfect opportunity for Dragon to make his move in seizing other countries and there are three other emperors left to do as they please at their own discretion. It's true that the power and influence of the emperors will diminish, however the World Government is also going to suffer from this whole situation. The two characters that I can see greatly benefiting from this war would be Blackbeard and Dragon.
Realistically, anyone hoping or striving for a "new age" (whether it be the idealistic new age of Shanks or the pessimistic cynical new age of Doflamingo) will benefit from the current chaotic state of affairs. With Whitebeard's as well as a few high-ranking military personals deaths, quite a few new pirates and revolutionaries will spring up to fill the holes or at least replace the old with the new. So, with the destruction or otherwise defeat of the previous generation, the younger will now have room to move up and test their mettle against the world. Just as a forrest fire will clear the rubbish, this current war will open up the "New World" for a great many people.
Old 2008-06-22, 19:16   Link #100
Noshino

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
that is EXACTLY why I think that Shanks, Any other of the Yonkou, and/or other pirate crews will come to help out Whitebeard, the balance of power is at stake, and the fall of the Yonkous is NOT beneficial in any way to the any pirate....
Closed Thread