AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-22, 14:35   Link #1441
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I always liked the idea that Teresa is still alive within Clare because hey, I love Teresa. Anything to bring her back is okay with me. As long as it is not zombies. They freak me out. Undead Vampire Teresa would be fine though.

Clare: What is this sideways world?
Cloaked figure: You have still to discover your true powers. If you cannot find me then you will die.
Clare: How am I supposed to find anything in this infinite world? Wait, what was it Galatea said about truly powerful youki signatures... That's it! Their Aura's are blue! That means that where the aura is blue...
<Sometime later with Clare vs Priscilla>
Clare: This is my bankai; Teresa Zangetsu.
Priscilla:

or...

Hermita: We told Clare that we put Teresa in her to save Teresa's power. But that is not it. We put Teresa in Clare to SEAL her power from ever getting into the wrong hands.
Orsay: Had things gone differently Teresa would have annihilated Konoha... er I mean the organization and then maybe the whole world. Well, if she ever got pissed that is.
Rubel: Really Clare is a hero, but no one has ever recognized her.
Orsay: What would happen if Clare eventually got access to Teresa's power?
Hermita: That is impossible.
Rubel: But what if it isn't?
Clare: Give me some of your youki as rent Teresa!
Teresa: Very well. If you die I die as well. Why don't you just break this seal and take ALL of my power?
Clare: I don't think that is a good idea...
Teresa: Come on. I'll give you a back rub again
Clare:
Lol, that's hilarious, Chiba. Teresa could also end up being Clare's sword, and then Clare would have to collect 99 Yoma souls and the soul of one awakened being (Priscilla) to make her a death scythe. Or perhaps teresa left behind a large pile of treasure and clare and co would have to travel the world to find it.

One thing that I would like to happen (which it won't) is Raki somehow coming face to face with Teresa, be it as a ghost, or in a vision or dream. It would definitely be amusing.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-22, 15:09   Link #1442
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

Lol an undead Teresa xD
should Chiba ever release his own Manga series, I'm certain to buy it. Without shit, I'm looking forward to it

@Ancient Sould: did u mean "fissure"? Eh? Wheres the sense?^^

When push comes to shove, that's when friction produces heat.

Sry for me bad English, ain't be me main tongue^^
Old 2008-06-22, 15:59   Link #1443
TalesNut

Orsay: Had things gone differently Teresa would have annihilated Konoha... er I mean the organization
I was seriously laughing for a minute or so when I read that.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:27   Link #1444
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Wow ... you guys and you Teresa obsession
Old 2008-06-22, 16:33   Link #1445
Ancient Soul

@Savannah...

Oh, i made the correction : fussion->fusion.An "s" less.

fusion =

the act of fusing (or melting) together
an occurrence that involves the production of a union
the state of being combined into one body

etc.

Maybe "mind\soul union" would sound better than "mind\soul fusion".

Or maybe "mind\soul unity" (since they don't have to much mind on thir own and are twins):

unity =

state of being one or undivided; united in mind or purpose.
state or quality of being one; singleness.
state or quality of being in accord; harmony.

@Chiba...

hahaha...that was a good one...

Don't forget about Galatea's "God Eye" and Miata's "Blood Eyes".The power dosen't lie only in yoki but also in...The Eyes.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:37   Link #1446
TalesNut

@Ancient
I'm pretty sure "God Eye" and "Blood Eyes" are nicknames based on their abilities, not their physical eyes.
Old 2008-06-22, 16:41   Link #1447
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

This is kinda off topic but, I wonder if they will ever make a Claymore feature length movie? (animated, NOT live action) I think that it would be pretty cool.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-22, 16:43   Link #1448
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

@ancient soul:
Oops, somehow i didn't see that that would mean "fusion".
Anyway, I know what fusion means. And also what "uniting, unison, union" means.
And yeah, TalesNut already said what I wanted to say...

I would really look forward to a Claymore movie. Animated ofc
Just what would the story be? Do u guys know, if a second season was in question?

Last edited by Savannah; 2008-06-22 at 17:09.
Old 2008-06-22, 17:06   Link #1449
TalesNut

A movie would be nice...but the only thing that comes to mind to base the plot of the movie off of are the manga extra scenes, and they're not really long enough on their own for a full length movie. Making extra scene 4 longer might be cool.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:18   Link #1450
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Guys, come on, have you looked at the threads? WE HAVE A CLAYMORE LIVE ACTION MOVIE THREAD http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=60899

If it were a single movie it would have to cover the Teresa Arc. That is all there is to it. The idea of doing a longer movie animated by the guys at Square was also very popular. If it was like Advent Children you'd have no complaints from me.
Old 2008-06-22, 18:25   Link #1451
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

d'awww crap! Sorry! I totally forgot about that! Well I'll be making further posts about the movie on that thread later. thanks for reminding me, Chiba.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-06-23, 00:02   Link #1452
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
This is all quite a lot of garbage^^
The soul link doesn't mean that the souls are transfered. After all it's a soul LINK not a soul TRANSFER.
Simply said, Beth supports Alicia's human mind, so she can let her body completely awaken, while still keeping her sanity. This way, she's a controllable AB while the battle rages on.
So if u happen to kill Alicia first, most likely nothing will happen to Beth, she will just be another very strong Claymore, proficient in yoki reading.
Should u kill Beth first, Alicia is likely to loose her human will nearly instantly. I don't know, if only Beth is fighting with all her might to keep Alicia's mind intact, while Alicia only concentrates on the battle, or if both of them are keeping her sanity.
If the latter is the case, than there are minuscule chances, that Alicia might be able to return to her normal state on her own, but if Beth is doing all the work, then Alicia will loose to the Yoma immediately.
No, it's not garabge. The best information we have about the soul link is from databook #3 which devotes an entire page to the process. Even if you don't understand Japanese, the pictures are pretty clear in leading to that conclusion.

Spoiler for for size:

The bubble in the heads is labelled: seishin meaning: mind; soul; heart; spirit; intention; (soul being the correct definition in this case)
In the last picture panel, the text to the right of 'A' says "only the body awakens" (text not inside the box). I might spend some time tomorrow and see if I can translate more of it - at least the interesting bits - if there's any interest.

It would explain at least, why the twins have almost no personality - 2 souls might be hard to fit into one body.

Last edited by Cyclone; 2008-06-23 at 01:30.
Old 2008-06-23, 01:29   Link #1453
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I might spend some time tomorrow and see if I can translate more of it - at least the interesting bits - if there's any interest.
You know what the answer is going to be Cyclone.

TRANSLATE! TRANSLATE! TRANSLATE!

And you should probably repost the translation in a different thread, so it'll be easier to find later on since it will get easily lost in the shuffle in a chapter thread.
Old 2008-06-23, 01:36   Link #1454
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think the twins lack of personality comes from the same youma source being used for both of them. Galatea knew that was the only way to achieve a perfect level of synchronization and immediately realized the implications which Rubel described by saying "Little of their original self remains." He then went on to explain that their training did not help them get much more personality as it kept them very focused on soul linking and killing, but Galatea had realized that something had to have been sacrificed for the twins to achieve a perfect congruity of youki and it was not that they had been trained to have no personality. It involved their production method.

I do not think it is the soul link itself that is responsible for the lack of personality, but the lack of personality that was the base of their training engineered to perfect the soul link and maintain control. Raphaela and Luciella also did the soul link, enough to attempt a complete awakening so I imagine quite a bit of trial runs to get it down as it seems Luciella and Raphaela botched it before they were "completed". Maybe it was the first time, but I am pretty sure Raphaela and Luciella knew how to soul link implying they had practiced quite a bit. Raphaela's sin was that she was not strong enough, not that she did not know what to do. Alicia and Beth's production seemed to remove that human element of not being strong enough. Raphaela certainly seems to have her personality intact and can definitely hold a conversation and appears much more independent than the twins. Of course, it is just how I understood Galatea and Rubel's conversation.
Old 2008-06-23, 03:52   Link #1455
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Well i was gonna say i disagree with awakened, and looking at the picture it shows that, A and B perform a soul link before any awakening comes into play. Rapheala, was screaming at Luciella to go back etc, which is why i guess before awakening came into play there 'was' a soul link. Also interestingly it shows that the youki between A and B is joined and then Beth suppresses whilst Alicia awakens. There is an interesting small grey line around B in the last picture which may just be the drawing 'or' a representation of a small amount of youki for manipulation purposes. This ties in with Raphealla still having a yoki signature when Teresa found her, and how Galatea's manipulation also uses a small amount of yoki.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2008-06-23, 07:28   Link #1456
Savannah
I poked my eyes...

@Cyclone, yeah plz translate that. I don't yet understand japanese^^
And also, is it rlly determined where mind stops and soul begins? Btw, dunno if u read the official scanlation, but I only read a scanlation on onemanga.
It isn't necessary right, that they translated it with "soul link" Yagi might have called it "mind link" as well. It's just that "mind link" doesn't SOUND so good.

Old 2008-06-23, 12:39   Link #1457
tenken627
what Yagi said

Yeah, it kind of annoys me that you can't really find much translations of the data books anywhere.

I know that some websites had projects to translate them, but that was a year or more ago and they all seem to have died out.

For those who can not read Japanese, they are pretty much shut out in the dark when it comes to the data books.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:08   Link #1458
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I might spend some time tomorrow and see if I can translate more of it - at least the interesting bits - if there's any interest.
Well, just so you guys know, all this section that talks about the soul link was already translated by Voracious_Reader, in two posts.
Part 1 Part 2

But a new interpretation is always welcome, if you find something that wasn't already explored, let us know.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:16   Link #1459
wnmnkh
Not that simple.

And the date is already 23rd. Again, time is just too fast to rest.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:25   Link #1460
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

I'm probably missing something from those posts, but woudn't that mean if Beth released her yoki completely and Alicia suppresses her yoki completely, Beth could fully awaken and Alicia keep her under control?

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Closed Thread

Tags
manga