2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.71%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-06-23, 02:53   Link #401
DestinyFate
Shana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I don't think that's it. But.. If Lelouch manages to defeat/overthrow Britannia for good, then Suzaku will in a very real sense lose his way. His reason for joining Britannia was in the firs tplace that he thought that resistence was meaningless and would only bring more losses and pain, so he thought it was better to join them and try to change thigns from the inside - but if Britannia disappears, then there is no Britannia left to chage from the inside and with his belief that resistence is meaningless, he can't well oppose Zero if he manages to get a huge uppger hand, because that then he'll go agaisnt his own beliefs. so in the end, he may find himself forced to live and work in the world Zero creates...
I don't think the Japanese will forgive him for letting Britannia invade Japan. (He killed his father)
Old 2008-06-23, 02:56   Link #402
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyFate View Post
I don't think the Japanese will forgive him for letting Britannia invade Japan.
Maybe not. Might not matter either way though

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinyFate View Post
(He killed his father)
That is not common knowledge, you know . Only Kallen and Lelouch knows about Suzaku having killed his father.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 02:58   Link #403
DestinyFate
Shana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Maybe not. Might not matter either way though

That is not common knowledge, you know . Only Kallen and Lelouch knows about Suzaku having killed his father.
Lelouch has Diethard who controls the media.
Old 2008-06-23, 03:01   Link #404
Slighted

is it just me or was the animation really crappy this episode? filler status quality.
Slighted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:17   Link #405
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post
is it just me or was the animation really crappy this episode? filler status quality.
it was crappy last ep too. Fanservice shots were the best quality, which isn't surprising.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:18   Link #406
apsody243

I haven't read all the pages up till now but i think that if Suzaku takes Karren to he Emperor for a mind wipe it will totally seal his fate in regards to fighting for the greater good not to mention fighting for his beliefs . I mean didn't he criticizes Zero/Lulu about using people at the end of the last season. Sure he had Lulu geassed but that was kind of playback for him, but now if he has Karren mind wiped then it will prove that he isn't any better than Zero,
and is just a horrible hypocrite.
apsody243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:38   Link #407
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Okay, so I'm new to the forum and stuff, so... yeah. And just got done reading this entire thread.

Anyways, I recently started watching Code Geass and got caught up to this point in two days or so. Lucked out when I finished the tenth episode, checked the fansub site, and saw this episode up. Its quite refreshing to see the protagonist of a mecha show not be an ace pilot, so he's no Kira or Athrun, no Heero Yuy, and he sure as hell isn't Guy Shishioh. But that makes him all the more interesting, imho.

So here's what I have to add...

Starting with Lelouch's nifty KMF, Shinkirou. While its definitely an impressive piece of hardware, its hardly a godmod machine, like Jesus Yamato's Strike Freedom. But I can see where its coming from: while that prism laser is impressive (it reminded me more of the Hikari to Yami no Mai used by TenRyuJin, instead of Strike Freedom's Super DRAGOONs), as others have stated its got its share of weaknesses. But considering this is Zero, who is NOT that great of a pilot, I don't think Shinkirou was designed to be an absolute powerhouse like the Guren or the Mordred. It is, however, an excellent commander's unit, as it has Gawain's Druid System. And those shields! Those are useful. Let's face it: Nearly every time Lelouch steps into the cockpit of a Knightmare Frame, it tends to get blasted to pieces. The only one that DIDN'T prior to Shinkirou is the Gawain, but that didn't stop it from destruction.

Next, as for the Suzaku blamers on Kallen's predicament: Honestly, while I can understand him going down a dark road, he really can't be blamed for what happened to her. They said she was given to him, not that he took her. If anything, like usual he's trying to spare her. And considering Schneizel's the one in command of the Avalon and not Suzaku, it could be that he's the one who ordered her cruel treatment. But yeah, I do see the whole role-switch that happened between Lelouch and Suzaku; Lelouch's kinder (probably from learning from his past mistakes) while Suzaku's a whole lot more ruthless. After all, this guy said in the beginning he'd be the one to kill Zero, and he sold his best friend out to the Emperor for a promotion, after all of the times Lelouch spared him! I wonder how Nunnally would feel if she learned that little tidbit of information...

Oh, and would it kill you people to stop saying mind-rape? This is Kallen Kozuki we're talking about, not Asuka Langley Soryu.

And on the subject of this whole romance war going on... well, all of the girls who are interested in Lelouch all have good support, I just can't see Lelouch, at this point, interested in a romance when he's got a war to fight. As it is, the only person he's shown to actually return any romantic affection to is... well, Shirley. (and yes, I do support that ship, but I don't have anything against the other ships). After all, of the three times he's been kissed (once by Shirley, twice by C.C.; Kallen's kiss doesn't count because he initiated it simply to keep Kallen from seeing C.C..) the one kiss out of all of them he visibly returned was Shirley's, but you all know where that led to. But even then he said he didn't know if he loved her (even though he hinted he does care a lot about her), he hasn't really pursued any romantic relationship. After all, he's got a war to fight. So I guess he doesn't qualify as a womanizer, really, since womanizers go out of their way to pick up chicks. More like Lelouch here is full of luck: he's lucky as hell to have plenty of hotties after him, but unlucky in the fact he can't let that get in the way of his goals. Like C.C. said... the power of the king will bring loneliness. If anything, and if possible, Lelouch would start looking for a girlfriend AFTER he's toppled his father's empire.

Anya? Well... undoubtedly she has a connection to, and an interest in, Lelouch, considering she has a picture of Lelouch Vi Britannia. She could be family, after all, it seems the Emperor can't keep it in his pants and he's sired children up and down the Empire. But I can't imagine them being siblings, considering he doesn't recognize her (and he's got a really good memory when it comes to his family, it seems). Also, for the idea that she'll be the one to save Kallen? I don't think so: might not mean anything, but in the intro, when Kallen attacks the Mordred, you can see her crying. Could be Anya will do something that will hurt Kallen, if the opening means anything. Besides, its Gino who seems to be interested in Kallen. And while the appearance of Cornelia is interesting (I'm pretty sure that's her, not this Meena chick who's gonna appear), I really really doubt Cornelia will rescue Kallen. I get the feeling she's really not happy with any Black Knight, considering what happened to Euphy.

Oh, and those Eunuchs creeped me out big-time. Glad they got butchered by Xingke.

For the preview... I'm interesting primarily in the interactions between Lelouch and Shirley, considering she's upset about something, and its likely got to do with whatever happened between her and Sayoko. And is it just me, or did it look like she was in a shower or something in the preview? Lelouch's crazy acrobatics... no. That's likely Sayoko. Remember, Lelouch's physical prowess is crap; Suzaku, Millay, Shirley, and Rivalz all outran him. Leaping high into the air and doing crazy stunts would be an act that would kill his stamina in an instant.

Eh-heh... sorry for the long post. I tend to start my tour of a forum with one long one.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:44   Link #408
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-06-23, 03:47   Link #409
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So here's what I have to add...

Oh, and would it kill you people to stop saying mind-rape? This is Kallen Kozuki we're talking about, not Asuka Langley Soryu.

And on the subject of this whole romance war going on... well, all of the girls who are interested in Lelouch all have good support, I just can't see Lelouch, at this point, interested in a romance when he's got a war to fight. As it is, the only person he's shown to actually return any romantic affection to is... well, Shirley. (and yes, I do support that ship, but I don't have anything against the other ships). After all, of the three times he's been kissed (once by Shirley, twice by C.C.; Kallen's kiss doesn't count because he initiated it simply to keep Kallen from seeing C.C..) the one kiss out of all of them he visibly returned was Shirley's, but you all know where that led to. But even then he said he didn't know if he loved her (even though he hinted he does care a lot about her), he hasn't really pursued any romantic relationship. After all, he's got a war to fight. So I guess he doesn't qualify as a womanizer, really, since womanizers go out of their way to pick up chicks. More like Lelouch here is full of luck: he's lucky as hell to have plenty of hotties after him, but unlucky in the fact he can't let that get in the way of his goals. Like C.C. said... the power of the king will bring loneliness. If anything, and if possible, Lelouch would start looking for a girlfriend AFTER he's toppled his father's empire.

Anya? Well... undoubtedly she has a connection to, and an interest in, Lelouch, considering she has a picture of Lelouch Vi Britannia. She could be family, after all, it seems the Emperor can't keep it in his pants and he's sired children up and down the Empire. But I can't imagine them being siblings, considering he doesn't recognize her (and he's got a really good memory when it comes to his family, it seems). Also, for the idea that she'll be the one to save Kallen? I don't think so: might not mean anything, but in the intro, when Kallen attacks the Mordred, you can see her crying. Could be Anya will do something that will hurt Kallen, if the opening means anything. Besides, its Gino who seems to be interested in Kallen. And while the appearance of Cornelia is interesting (I'm pretty sure that's her, not this Meena chick who's gonna appear), I really really doubt Cornelia will rescue Kallen. I get the feeling she's really not happy with any Black Knight, considering what happened to Euphy.

Oh, and those Eunuchs creeped me out big-time. Glad they got butchered by Xingke.

For the preview... I'm interesting primarily in the interactions between Lelouch and Shirley, considering she's upset about something, and its likely got to do with whatever happened between her and Sayoko. And is it just me, or did it look like she was in a shower or something in the preview? Lelouch's crazy acrobatics... no. That's likely Sayoko. Remember, Lelouch's physical prowess is crap; Suzaku, Millay, Shirley, and Rivalz all outran him. Leaping high into the air and doing crazy stunts would be an act that would kill his stamina in an instant.

Eh-heh... sorry for the long post. I tend to start my tour of a forum with one long one.
Lelouch never kissed Kallen and interesting thought Lelouch doing acrobatics is Sayako instead. Never thought about that.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:48   Link #410
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

t'was a good episode. It was hillarios as well. I'll give it a 10. I loved Lelouch's cloak hanger and the whole Lelou/Shirley coversation. sayako cleverly masked. ^^ I loved it!
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:50   Link #411
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
Lelouch never kissed Kallen and interesting thought Lelouch doing acrobatics is Sayako instead. Never thought about that.
Lelouch kissed Kallen way back the first season; he did it to prevent Kallen from seeing C.C. in broad daylight after he spotted her prancing around. Shirley saw the kiss from a window, and that's why she thought Kallen was dating Lelouch.
Old 2008-06-23, 03:50   Link #412
DestinyFate
Shana <3

Well Anya definitely have something to do with Lelouch.
Old 2008-06-23, 03:52   Link #413
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
Yeah, and I have to say, that looked weird as I would never imagine Lelouch doing such a thing (not exactly the sporty type, is he ) Anyway, that will be interesting to watch

Shame he told C.C. to stay in China to look for the Order. My heart dropped to the bottom of the pit... but no fear, I shall believe we will see more of her in the coming episodes Meanwhile the situation at school could be quite interesting.

Quote:
Lelouch kissed Kallen way back the first season; he did it to prevent Kallen from seeing C.C. in broad daylight after he spotted her prancing around. Shirley saw the kiss from a window, and that's why she thought Kallen was dating Lelouch.
Well, he just blocked her from seeing C.C., I don't think he kissed her. It just looked like he kissed her from Shirley's angle.

Last edited by Stargaze; 2008-06-23 at 03:54. Reason: add on
Stargaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:54   Link #414
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Hmmm can anyone confirm this? I thought he just grabbed her and was just very close to her. Because if he did kiss then she would have slapped him or something.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:54   Link #415
apsody243

Quote:
They said she was given to him, not that he took her. If anything, like usual he's trying to spare her.
The problem is that Suzaku's interpretation of the term protect and spare is some what distorted. Its just like he tied to spare japan by killing his father so that the war wouldn't happen. Him taking her to see the emperor would be very much in character with who he is, in his mind he is saving her. In reality he's forcing his will upon her.
Old 2008-06-23, 03:56   Link #416
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Code Geass R2 Episode 11 is up.

Well that was a tricky ending to the China arc where a lot plotlines that initially looked seperate, out of the blue or completely unrelated ended up getting tied together to bring about the conclusion. This might well be Lelouch's biggest accomplishment yet and I think he deserves a break in Japan to try and think up a good plan to rescue Karen, find the Geass ruins and deal with the Order of The Black Knights. It doesn't look like he's going to get it though. Also some good comedy moments in their as well that I talk about in a little more detail in my actual article.

All in all I'm actually still pretty satisfied with the progress in the series. Lelouch has accomplished more in these 11 episodes then in the entirety of the first season with regards to achieving his goal and things are looking pretty good for him right now. I can't see it staying that way for long though.

Anyway, gave the episode a 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slighted View Post
Are we watching the same episode? Do you have an example? I didn't notice anything I would deem crappy animation. I actually found it above par for the series which is already pretty solid on that front.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:57   Link #417
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
The problem is that Suzaku's interpretation of the term protect and spare is some what distorted. Its just like he tied to spare japan by killing his father so that the war wouldn't happen. Him taking her to see the emperor would be very much in character with who he is, in his mind he is saving her. In reality he's forcing his will upon her.
Well, I never said that wouldn't be his intention. After season 1's end, that's entirely possible, even though I don't see what kind of interest the Emperor would have in a half-Eleven terrorist, whatever her connection to Lelouch is. I merely said what I did because I don't think Suzaku's the reason behind her cruel treatment as a POW. He did seem pretty cordial towards her back at the party in the Forbidden City, after all, and not psycho hateful like during their last duel in the first season.
Old 2008-06-23, 04:04   Link #418
apsody243

While i agree that he may not be directly responsible for her cruel treatment he isn't exactly making the situation any better. Ignoring an unjust and cruel act is as much of a is offense as committing the act especially when he has the power to stop it.
Old 2008-06-23, 04:06   Link #419
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsody243 View Post
While i agree that he may not be directly responsible for her cruel treatment he isn't exactly making the situation any better. Ignoring an unjust and cruel act is as much of a is offense as committing the act especially when he has the power to stop it.
True. But does he know she's getting that treatment? After all, we only saw a brief panned view of her in the cell, nothing about who put her in there. Suzaku's probably the only person there who would give a rat's rear about her condition, Britannians aren't all that fond of Elevens, after all. We'll find out more as the series progresses.
Old 2008-06-23, 04:09   Link #420
apsody243

Well id assume that some one of his rank would know the wear abouts of the enemies ace pilot not to mention a former friend.