5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-19, 09:54   Link #81
evil-samurai

lol I burst out laughing when Shirou went off like that at first I thought no you couldn't could you? but yep there goes Shirou again the episode was alright..., will be interesting to see how Shirou reacts next time to danger in the same situation.

Well I'm really liking Sakura character, though i've tried to ignore the crap people keep on talking about with Kaede, and the so obvious! hints! from people that have played the game :/ Sakura is really interesting so far with the little time she has had on screen at first I didn't think much of her, but just that look she gave Rin a while ago told alot more about her character, now I really! want to see more of her ^^
evil-samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 09:55   Link #82
Mentar
Banned

Orion: Huh? ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 10:06   Link #83
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Actually....

Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2006-02-19 at 10:19.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 10:08   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-19, 11:03   Link #85
TehKev

Send a message via AIM to TehKev
I have to say, the ending of this episode made me chuckle quite a bit.

Just the way Shinji said it is ever so amusing.

I really liked this episode though, though 8 looks like it's gonna be REALLY good judging from the preview.
TehKev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 11:51   Link #86
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehKev
I have to say, the ending of this episode made me chuckle quite a bit.

Just the way Shinji said it is ever so amusing.

I really liked this episode though, though 8 looks like it's gonna be REALLY good judging from the preview.
looks like there are gonna be quite a few confrontations on the emotional side
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:04   Link #87
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Oh well, I'll give my impression then

Shirou... Well... that last part about the archery, yes, that was pure stupidity I mean, it was obviously something powerful from his description. I'd have either ran to Tohsaka (most likely option) or if I wanted to go in there that bad, get Saber and go in. I agree with evil-samurai on that one, I actually thought that he was gonna do something else. ALTHOUGH, he did look Rin's way, so he would have called her. It DID cross himself so he's not THAT stupid. Still, why didn't he go and call her is incomprehensible. What did he fear, that this thing would go away? So? Who cares, at least if he had notified Rin, Rin would also be watchful of that. Oh well, as much as I admire Shirou, his actions are difficult to comprehend

Moving on. To all those who said bad things about Kaede and Sakura, may you rot, I'll put a curse on you for all eternity. Kaede/Sakura FTW

Poor Shirou, everyone scolds him in every episode. Not that they are wrong, but it seems like no one understands him at all. Ok, maybe Archer does, but that's not very comforting it seems
Old 2006-02-19, 12:20   Link #88
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

For me the show right now is lacking in screen time for saber. I dont like watching previews of the next episodes for the show, but i do hope they show more of saber in the next episode.
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:24   Link #89
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

and it looks like Shirou's female boarding house gained a new tenant?

some screenies from the ep preview... because I couldnt resist

Spoiler for spoiler tagged for size:
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 12:27   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Thats some genius work there DG.. i just hope they don't actually happen. ^^;

I'm sure you could think up a good one for Assassin. ^^
Old 2006-02-19, 13:00   Link #91
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Thats some genius work there DG.. i just hope they don't actually happen. ^^;

I'm sure you could think up a good one for Assassin. ^^
You sure you dont want to see Rin wearing only an apron?

I dunno the assasin one didnt jump out at me with anything but heres a shot since you asked

Spoiler for Spoiler tagged for size:
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 13:34   Link #92
kari-no-sugata

Maybe we need a secondary poll for "How baka was Shiro this episode"?

Playing devil's advocate a bit: he had at least suspected Shinji based on the evidence from the previous ep. He did at least look back to see if Rin was still within earshot and think about summoning Saber before "just going to look". He was at least prepared to summon Saber when facing Rider before Shinji appeared saying "Are you sure you want to use one?"

Still, that doesn't really excuse things: if he's going to act like he can perfectly trust Rin when talking with Saber, he should have at least voiced his suspicions of Shinji to Rin. If he was concerned enough to see if Rin was still around or thinking about summoning Saber before going to check, that means he knows he was about to take a big risk - saying "I'm just going to look" doesn't make it any safer.

Hmm. I think a strong undercurrent to the anger at Shiro's stupidity is because it's insulting to Saber. At this rate, she's going to get fat from eating so much and lack of exercise. It'd be funny if she tells Taiga that Shiro's being stupid and taking too many risks to help beat some sense into his head...

Meanwhile, I wonder what Shinji is going to tell Shiro. Is he going to try to persaude Shiro that what Rin said was wrong - that he's not doing anything nasty? It does look like there isn't a fight, so...
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 14:18   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
I dunno the assasin one didnt jump out at me with anything but heres a shot since you asked

Spoiler for Spoiler tagged for size:
OMG haha, thank you.. thats just genius. ^^

I'm a huge fan of every character in the Fate world, even the very cool Assassin.. and seeing him in the preview like that.. i just jumped out of my seat. So i'm really looking forward to what he'll do, even though he's not a major character to the story.
Old 2006-02-19, 15:24   Link #94
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
even though he's not a major character to the story.
Is that true for all paths of the game?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-19, 15:55   Link #95
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
For the rest, I liked a lot all of the Rin sequences, and also the funny moments at the beginning with the hungry Saber, I didn't read all the thread, anyway I assume that she had to eat that much because she spent a lot of energies the day before in order to heal Shirou's wound, correct?
Actually it's only a theory about Saber healing Shirou's wound...
Old 2006-02-21, 01:06   Link #96
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The music continues to immerse me into the Fate world and delves the angst and mute horror for the misdeeds of the Masters and Servants that ferociously desire to win the Holy Grail at all costs.

I'm still not used with the animation concerning some excessive bright scenes, and the staff could have worked with the colors since looked bland for my taste in this episode.

Overall, I got quite some plot movement and character tribulation for Rin.

There's quite some stirring going on in Rin's mind for Shirou. Right when Shirou explained that met with Sakura and went to clear the misunderstanding, Rin turned mute and her eyes stare reflexive to Shirou.

But everything is cute for Rin to me, including expressing contempt for Shirou not having met her at the rooftop to the agreed time.

As I said before, the music was most responsible to understanding the development for the episode.

My favorite tracks played during the following scenes were:
1. Sakura's misunderstanding for Shirou when Rin came
2. Shirou getting the evil vibes at the school gate
3. Issei berating Shirou for staying closer to Rin
4. The conversation that Rin and Shirou had about the sealed marks
5. Shirou and Rin tracking and destroying the sealed marks. IMO the music track played during that scene was the best one for me as is a symphonic rendition of the song played at the episode's prologue and the next episode's preview.

But I cannot gulp Shirou's flat stupidity and lack of common sense to venture into the archery dojo alone, randomly believing that he's capable to check upon the abnormal surge of energy that he felt there.
Not even he carries a cell phone to communicate with Rin and request her to rush to the school because of the presence he felt. Damn, he's naively idiot and begging to be killed.

Saber remarked that issue to Shirou at the start of this episode and even berated him for his lack of prudence and communication.
But I do not get how did Saber found out what happened to Shirou in the previous episode?

Shirou has to understand that none of the remainder master's cares a sh** about thought for outsiders and fair game. It's war out there and all of them are working proactively, keeping the eyes on for other Masters to make the move and taking advantage of their enemies' failures.

Shirou has to become more proactive and vigilant of the master's actions.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 21:15   Link #97
tyciol
*Artist

I would like to talk about a scene that is featured in the opening to episode 7. This is a discussion relevant to the episode 6 thread as well, but since it is featured so concisely here, I noticed it here whereas I did not notice it watching episode six. It's just easier this way since I don't have to worry about spoilers or force people to jump around a lot, for people who have trouble skipping ahead to later parts of episodes to check.

During the recap, starting at 0:13-0:19.

This just seems to me like one of those 'Stupid Shiro' moments. His injury is in his forearm. This is going to affect mobility in your hand, wrist, and elbow.

In response to the question "any pain" he 'slightly' bends his elbow... and then just moves it back and forth at the SHOULDER. He doesn't flex or extend his wrist or elbow, open and close his hand, nor does he pronate or supinate his forearm. These would be the things you should be testing for if you received a knife through the wrist. He could very well still be injured (and appeared to be) and could have felt pain from moving in those ways.

I know quite well that when you're stabbed through the forearm (as I was recently a few times, albeit smaller wounds from venipuncture/catheter) that you have perfectly fine range of motion in your shoulder. What shirou was doing would be something you'd do to see if you were injured in the pectorals or rhomboinds. Like, for example, when Lancer had stabbed him earlier.

Even if we can forgive Shiro that ignorance, you would think Rin would notice that what he's doing is stupid and say "no shiro try moving this way".

Neither of them have any knowledge of physiology.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 21:20   Link #98
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Looks like Studio DEEN goofed.
It feels awkward posting such a small post after a larger one with good discussion points, but....
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 22:27   Link #99
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyciol View Post
I would like to talk about a scene that is featured in the opening to episode 7. This is a discussion relevant to the episode 6 thread as well, but since it is featured so concisely here, I noticed it here whereas I did not notice it watching episode six. It's just easier this way since I don't have to worry about spoilers or force people to jump around a lot, for people who have trouble skipping ahead to later parts of episodes to check.

During the recap, starting at 0:13-0:19.

This just seems to me like one of those 'Stupid Shiro' moments. His injury is in his forearm. This is going to affect mobility in your hand, wrist, and elbow.

In response to the question "any pain" he 'slightly' bends his elbow... and then just moves it back and forth at the SHOULDER. He doesn't flex or extend his wrist or elbow, open and close his hand, nor does he pronate or supinate his forearm. These would be the things you should be testing for if you received a knife through the wrist. He could very well still be injured (and appeared to be) and could have felt pain from moving in those ways.

I know quite well that when you're stabbed through the forearm (as I was recently a few times, albeit smaller wounds from venipuncture/catheter) that you have perfectly fine range of motion in your shoulder. What shirou was doing would be something you'd do to see if you were injured in the pectorals or rhomboinds. Like, for example, when Lancer had stabbed him earlier.

Even if we can forgive Shiro that ignorance, you would think Rin would notice that what he's doing is stupid and say "no shiro try moving this way".

Neither of them have any knowledge of physiology.
Magicians in T-Moon are always capable of modifying their own body to move even if they're injured...Shion, an alchemist in another T-Moon story, is capable of moving her own body with her magic after all her muscles have been damaged, maybe the mages are so focused on such abilities they absolutely forgot about their physics lesson...or maybe they didn't take them at all...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote