AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-02, 14:49   Link #21
Vinak
Procrastinator

kinda easy for me to understand.
If Priscilla hasn't been eating for years, then yea I can understand how or why she shrunk in size. Maybe she isn't as powerful as she used to be as well.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:49   Link #22
myshka

if he is travelling with an AO, chances are he'd vanish into someone's stomach....
Old 2008-07-02, 14:53   Link #23
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
I don't want to go over the height issue again, but if the little girl is Priscilla, it would be a hard-to-swallow fact. Of course, unless Yagi makes a perfectly reasonable explanation like ABs have more than one human form.

And about Isley: What was the war in Pieta and the fight against Luciela for? What exactly is his motive, I don't believe his whole purpose in life is to serve Priscilla. How come he let go of Priscilla so easily? If Raki is the problem, he could mysteriously vanish into thin air.
Well Priscilla theorists like to believe that as Priscilla's mind started to regress, so did her body. The more Priscilla's mind started to become like that of a child, the more her body also started to become like a child as well.

A lot of us would also like to know of Isley's motive. We have no clue so far.

I like to think that Isley was planning something all along, because he didn't want Luciela + Riful allying up against Priscilla.

Isley + Priscilla > Luciela + Riful, but Luciela + Riful > Priscilla alone.

So I think Isley was planning on taking a trip somewhere for some reason and possibly leave Priscilla by herself?

That way, in order to plan for that, Isley took out Luciela so Riful can't defeat Priscilla by herself, and Isley was also very willing to teach Raki some fighting skills so Raki wouldn't be useless in helping or traveling with Priscilla?
Old 2008-07-02, 14:58   Link #24
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

If Raki's skill has anything to say, Isley has found a soft spot for our zaRAKI. He wouldn't have trained him to this level of proficency if Isley didn't think anything of him to begin with. This is of course notwithstanding that Raki isn't mixed with any youma as far as we know.

And due to Priscilla's lack of human consumption, could she be shrinking? Just a thought. We have dubbed the 'human' forms of ABs as their energy conserving modes in earlier discussions so could her body be unconciously shrinking itself to deal with the lack of incoming food?

Finally, my only real question for Isley is does he, the former #1 of the Male Claymore Generation, have ANY knowledge of the facts and happenings that Miria has stumbled upon. If so, he has to play a much larger role in later chapters.
Old 2008-07-02, 14:58   Link #25
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

You know, it might be very interesting if Raki wants to find Clare because of the promise he made to her and also because he knows Clare crossed her limits and returned to being a Claymore. He does not know about Clare's partially awakened form and he never met Jean, but really if the spoiler is true Raki might want to save Priscilla knowing full well she is a monster. Though, of course, unconfirmed information as of yet.

I would love the development of an AB who does not eat people because of an awakening of their human heart. We have seen many diverse types of awakenings. Ophelia was able to separate and concentrate what remained of her human self from her awakened form. Hilda was able to hold herself back from attacking. Jean held her human mind completely. Each awakening seems to be unique to the characters personality. Even if they do all have the desire for guts they do not all embrace it. I think eventually a character will completely awaken and then return in an extension of soul linking and individuality of an awakened character. I thought Priscilla would be a choice candidate, but it will be a very long time before that is shown.

... wish we had more to go off than a few paragraphs and an ambiguous picture. It reminds me of the very end of FF IV when you finally see Kain with his helmet off... from behind.
Old 2008-07-02, 15:12   Link #26
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
If Priscilla hasn't been eating for years, then yea I can understand how or why she shrunk in size. Maybe she isn't as powerful as she used to be as well.
Hey girls, is Raki that charming that you even forget to eat when he's around? (just kidding)

But seriously Isley has no reason to let Priscilla waste away just because a boy tells her that eating humans is wrong.

And if Isley is in another continent, why was he living in a cave (or wherever he was) for 100 years? What changed and he suddenly decided to go and visit the other continent leaving a weak Priscilla behind who may be a prey for Riful or the organization or G7?

Does anybody else think something is really wrong here?
Old 2008-07-02, 15:21   Link #27
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
Hey girls, is Raki that charming that you even forget to eat when he's around? (just kidding)

But seriously Isley has no reason to let Priscilla waste away just because a boy tells her that eating humans is wrong.

And if Isley is in another continent, why was he living in a cave (or wherever he was) for 100 years? What changed and he suddenly decided to go and visit the other continent leaving a weak Priscilla behind who may be a prey for Riful or the organization or G7?

Does anybody else think something is really wrong here?

What changed was Priscilla entering the picture. If Isley wanted to go back to his cave, he would never have offered his services to Priscilla. He would never have attacked Riful, the Organization, and Luciela.

He could have just went back to his cave and live the same way for another 100 years.

I don't know, I feel like Isley sees Priscilla as a tool more so than a person or fellow Awakened Being. He's a loner. He doesn't care much for others unless he can use them (the 24 ABs including Rigaldo).

I don't think he cares if Priscilla eats humans or not, she's probably useful to him as long as she is alive and can be used for a specific purpose at a later date or event.

Why else would Isley be so nice to Raki? Was it love at first sight? Even if Isley is generally a nice guy (which I doubt since he sends ABs to their deaths and destroys the entire North), he's an AO and probably doesn't care much for humans.

The only reason why Raki is with Isley is because Priscilla got attached to him. Isley doesn't seem to mind, maybe he likes the fact that Priscilla will have some company.

And maybe he doesn't mind teaching Raki the sword or giving him some fancy armor so that Raki can make sure Priscilla is alive until Isley needs her.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-07-02 at 16:06.
Old 2008-07-02, 15:28   Link #28
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
To Isley it doesn't matter if Priscilla is cose to him or not. He only does what Priscilla wishes (going south) and if there is someone else who can fulfill her wish easier, Isley wont try to get her back or keep her with himself. Why he wanted to make her stronger I don't really know, but maybe for her to reach the south for sure.
Well, I'm a fan of the "Isley is a really bad guy" theory for good reasons.
Despite all his calm and serene look, and all the good things that he may have done with Raki, he is the one who ordered the slaughter of Pieta and other cities in the north, his own realm.

What I get from Isley is that he wants to use Priscilla as leverage for something.
His smile from ES 3 summarized what seems to be his real intentions with Priscilla.
It's definitely not because he was happy to serve her.

At this point, the mystery in Claymore is within Isley's and Rubel's hidden agenda. And Miria's informant. I'm not used to speculate hard about things that are going to happen in the story, but maybe Isley, Rubel and Miria's informant are connected by similar (or opposing) purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
Unless we see Raki come back to rescue Lune, I think that's probably the last we'll see of Lune for a while. I don't think we'll find out Riful's "secret" just yet.
Maybe the time is not quite ripe, but we can have a glimpse of it.
We all know that Riful likes to talk a lot with her little comrades.
Besides, it's been 10 chapters since we last saw Riful and busy as she seemed to be, it's about time to come upon her again.

Quote:
This scene might be like the scene where right after Clare leaves Irene, Raphaela shows up, and we don't know what happens. We're just supposed to assume that Raphaela kills Irene.
If the spoiler is accurate, then Riful finds Lune at the end of the chapter.
With a cliffhanger like that, the next chapter could be centered in the events of the last one.

Quote:
The next chapter will probably be back on Raki. And I'm not a Raki-lubber. It's just that even with this spoiler, there is just still too much stuff to tell the readers about Raki's and Priscilla's side.
Probably, but we can also have next chapter one of those sympathetic and elucidating talks with Riful.
If that happens, then I expect a short conversation (maybe half of a chapter) between those two before we get back with Raki or even the Ghosts.

Of course, that's all just my expectation about the next chapters based on this spoiler.

Thinking well, Miria and Riful compete for best plot device in the Claymore manga.
The hottest revelations that we had came from one of these two.

Quote:
Isley may not even be on the continent anymore.
Unlikely I guess, maybe a bit too soon for someone to be out of the continent yet.
Old 2008-07-02, 15:38   Link #29
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate_Archer View Post
At this point, the mystery in Claymore is within Isley's and Rubel's hidden agenda. And Miria's informant. I'm not used to speculate hard about things that are going to happen in the story, but maybe Isley, Rubel and Miria's informant are connected by similar (or opposing) purposes.

Yep, I still get the heebie jeebies thinking of an Isley + Rubel alliance. They could be a crucial genius mastermind team. Or even if they were directly against each other like in a game of deadly strategic chess.

Quote:
Maybe the time is not quite ripe, but we can have a glimpse of it.
We all know that Riful likes to talk a lot with her little comrades.
Besides, it's been 10 chapters since we last saw Riful and busy as she seemed to be, it's about time to come upon her again.

If the spoiler is accurate, then Riful finds Lune at the end of the chapter.
With a cliffhanger like that, the next chapter could be centered in the events of the last one.

Probably, but we can also have next chapter one of those sympathetic and elucidating talks with Riful.
If that happens, then I expect a short conversation (maybe half of a chapter) between those two before we get back with Raki or even the Ghosts.

Of course, that's all just my expectation about the next chapters based on this spoiler.

You could be right.

If I was writing the story, I would leave it like that, and want the audience to crave it more for later on. If that last narration is correct, then that's really all the audience needs to know from the author's point of view. Riful has captured Lune. And then the suspense grows. Much like the Irene and Raphaela scene which just cuts right back to Clare fighting Ophelia.

Quote:
Unlikely I guess, maybe a bit too soon for someone to be out of the continent yet.
Well, if Isley does go to the other continent, I don't think the setting will shift out there or anything. We'll probably just see Isley after he comes back to the Claymore island.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-07-02 at 16:04.
Old 2008-07-02, 15:51   Link #30
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
What I get from Isley is that he wants to use Priscilla as leverage for something.
His smile from ES 3 summarized what seems to be his real intentions with Priscilla.
It's definitely not because he was happy to serve her.
Exactly, he definitely had plans for her, at least I thought so.

Riful, who said she knew Isley the best, also said that he was not kind or warm-hearted as her. He certainly is up to something, but we don't know the details yet.

Nevertheless if somebody kills Priscilla in her starving state, it would be so lame. I was really looking forward to see her in action.

The spoilers weren't confirmed, so there's still hope.
Old 2008-07-02, 15:57   Link #31
TalesNut

I really hope it doesn't end up like yuyu hakusho did when raison just died of starvation...was lame then, would be even worse now.
Old 2008-07-02, 16:49   Link #32
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Of course we still have to wait and see if this spoiler is in fact true. Anyways another possibility is that Priss doesn't kill Raki, and he fails to stop her. She could chow down on a few towns, and then Raki can tell Claire that she's the only one who can beat Priss.
Old 2008-07-02, 16:58   Link #33
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
That pic of Lune. Does anyone else think it looks like Flora from the back, her hair and everything you know?
Old 2008-07-02, 17:37   Link #34
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
That pic of Lune. Does anyone else think it looks like Flora from the back, her hair and everything you know?
I've been looking quite a while for a similar Flora's or Teresa's image (they both have a similar back view in the manga because of their hair) and I found nothing. But yes, I agree Lune's pic doesn't smell too well, at least with that quality of scanning.

About the spoiler, some things still sounds quite 'rare' to me... of course the girl can be Priscilla, but I still think she is too short. And, watching all the spoiler content... ¿don't you think it's very little information? I mean, ¿about 25-30 pages in only a simply dialogue between Lune and Raki, and then Lune being hunted down by Riful? That sounds more like a weekly manga of about 15 pages.

Aaaaarg, I can't wait to get a confirmed and complete spoiler, or at least a partial scanlation >_<
Old 2008-07-02, 17:56   Link #35
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

something smells fishy.
Old 2008-07-02, 18:02   Link #36
Cyclone
Transient Guest

The thing that annoys me the most though is that even the spoiler picture is in CHINESE! (My theory about that infernal tsstorry group being the ones actually responbible for writing claymore and it being simply scanlated to japanese just got more proof.)

I mean why would you release spoilers in japanese and a picture in chinese.
The fact the girl is Pricilla is something I'm also not quite ready to buy yet, either.
It does smell of some prank... I'll go see if I can find a similar picture of Teresa somewhere in the manga to see if it was photoshopped.
Old 2008-07-02, 18:15   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Like I said, I'll wait until my usual Chinese site gets updated before commenting. Now, back to the CG forums...
Old 2008-07-02, 18:33   Link #38
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
The thing that annoys me the most though is that even the spoiler picture is in CHINESE! (My theory about that infernal tsstorry group being the ones actually responbible for writing claymore and it being simply scanlated to japanese just got more proof.)

I mean why would you release spoilers in japanese and a picture in chinese.
The fact the girl is Pricilla is something I'm also not quite ready to buy yet, either.
It does smell of some prank... I'll go see if I can find a similar picture of Teresa somewhere in the manga to see if it was photoshopped.
Yeah, the picture and the spoiler seem to be from two different sources since one is in Japanese and one is in Chinese.

Both probably made its way into tsstorry though, and then eventually into animesuki. But they are not from the same place.

Like I said earlier, this particular spoiler has been out for more than a full day now. This is probably just the original Japanese kanji/katakana/hiragana text of what we've seen earlier.

It's interesting, because Jonova talked about people who say they've actually seen the Chinese scanlations of Chapter 81. And those people actually talk about Lune having a funny or weird hairstyle. But, we don't see or hear about Lune with a weird hairstyle in either the picture or the spoiler.

The only thing in common with the picture, the spoiler, and the discussions of people who supposedly seen the scanlations is that Lune appears.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-07-02 at 19:10.
Old 2008-07-02, 18:38   Link #39
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Lune... Hope that she's at least as cool as Galatea, although I do believe that we're seeing a LotR developent of "bloodlines".
Old 2008-07-02, 19:09   Link #40
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Lune... Hope that she's at least as cool as Galatea, although I do believe that we're seeing a LotR developent of "bloodlines".
Honestly, if Lune appears and captured by Riful, then I couldn't be happier! It means that Galatea will no longer be #1 on Riful's hit list and her chances of survival went up 100 fold . Sucks to be Lune... but hey... she took one for the team. RIP Lune.
Closed Thread