AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-02, 18:43   Link #21
Monkey D. Luffy

The only similarities I see are their physical appearance and their arrogance, but who knows.

This really wasn't the explosive chapter I was expecting but it looks like Law and Kidd will be taking on "Kuma" which can bring forth the demise of either one of them, unless (I'm bored of saying this) that really isn't Kuma. The one thing that makes this an interesting confrontation though is that even if Kidd and Law lose that doesn't necessarily means the end of their journey as we have seen Kuma release the Strawhats, unless they are destroyed. The same applies to Kuma.

It's good to see some more background on Gol D. Roger, especially the revelation that he was sick and that was probably the main reason behind the demise and the end of his run as Pirate King. He is such a mythical figure in One Piece and casts a large shadow over all the events that occur that it was surprising knowing that afterall he was just human and suffered like the rest. There's still the fact of him giving himslef up, which may be simply for the fact that he himself felt he was done or perhaps it's deeper than that.

Finally Kizaru makes his grand entrance, now lets see him live up to the hype. I'm also glad Lucci is up and walking, still one of the best characters in this series.
Old 2008-07-02, 20:08   Link #22
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
This really wasn't the explosive chapter I was expecting but it looks like Law and Kidd will be taking on "Kuma" which can bring forth the demise of either one of them, unless (I'm bored of saying this) that really isn't Kuma. The one thing that makes this an interesting confrontation though is that even if Kidd and Law lose that doesn't necessarily means the end of their journey as we have seen Kuma release the Strawhats, unless they are destroyed. The same applies to Kuma.
I don't know why you think that is not Kuma, perhaps you are with the "thats a Kuma clone" camp, but what I have seen, Kuma does take off one of his gloves and I can tell thats a sign that he is the real deal, because from the looks of it he will be using the same DF power he did, in TB, Thats has to be proof that this guy is indeed Kuma, Oda stated (I think in a SBS) that there is only 1 DF of each power or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ha ha, I was just checking out AP right now, and there are actually people who are considering Kizaru to be Spandine of all people (y'all didn't forget about Spandam's pappy, right?), because they both have similar striped coats. I highly doubt that a wimpy guy like him would become a badass pimp of a Marine Admiral, despite the 20-year gap between the Ohara incident and the current time.

Besides, if that really were the case, then his son would've been a Rokushiki master by now. Instead, he turned out to be a wuss with a mangled face and an elephant fetish.
lol Ap yea, those Dodos will sing about anything.
Old 2008-07-02, 20:30   Link #23
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINBEI View Post
I don't know why you think that is not Kuma, perhaps you are with the "thats a Kuma clone" camp, but what I have seen, Kuma does take off one of his gloves and I can tell thats a sign that he is the real deal, because from the looks of it he will be using the same DF power he did, in TB, Thats has to be proof that this guy is indeed Kuma, Oda stated (I think in a SBS) that there is only 1 DF of each power or something.

lol Ap yea, those Dodos will sing about anything.
The fact that it hasn't been shown if it's really him or not except for hints like you said, when it is then I will acknowledge it until then I will keep the tiny possibility open. That's why in my post I typed "(I'm bored of saying this)" since there's still some doubt. To me it wouldn't be too farfetched, considering the Pacifista and what Kizaru stated but besides that there's not to much to reference but simple citations. Either way Oda could of included it to cause confusion or he might actually has a scenario in store for Kuma.
Old 2008-07-02, 21:31   Link #24
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Kuma Kuma Kuma...kizaru Kizaru Kizaru!!!
Old 2008-07-02, 21:36   Link #25
Undertaker

Agree, citation in weekly chapter means little, most of time they are only there to create suspense and are edited out in takoban (bounded volumes).

As for WB vs. Roger, Buggy aready stated that WB can fight equally with Roger, as for title of Strongest in the World, If I remeber the chapter correctly it stated that the title is earn after Roger's demise.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:08   Link #26
Master Mold
Banned

I Guess Yellow Monkey is going to show us why a MHQ Admiral is the Marines most highest fighting power, Im glad because what Ive have been reading and seeing all over the Net, is that the marines are weak, and people boosting the Yonkou miles over them. Thank the Oda for Yellow Monkey, becasue with the way everyone hit the floor running as soon as they noticed an Admirals on the way! that just screams powerful.
Old 2008-07-03, 02:52   Link #27
Blaine

Yes but only the first person who eats a devil fruit gains the power of it, for anyone afterwards it is simply a tastless fruit.

Last edited by Blaine; 2008-07-03 at 09:20.
Old 2008-07-03, 04:03   Link #28
gnc742

Yep no two D.F can exist at the same time. Meaning that after one DF user dies, after some time there will be another fruit that is the same to that one.

I do not like the idea that Roger is weak. because if that would be it. It would be hard to earn the respect of your nakama. I was touched when he said "I won't die partner" I wish he is an idiot type like luffy.

I was wondering about the Whitebeard crew, are all of his nakama from the past dead? because during the confrontation between Shanks and Whitebeard. All his nakama are youngsters.

I don't know but i keep on saying this. I don't want Kuma to lose against Kid and Law, I want both of them down,

It would be nice if Rayleigh would be the 10th nakama of Luffy. Luffy saying to Rayleigh that he is no longer safe on Shabondy archipelago. or he will sacrifice his self for them but that would be sad.

If Rayleigh is captured. Luffy: Guys, we're saving ossan.

- - - - - - - - -- - -- - - -- - -
Gold. - captain (but Gol D. is his original name)
Silver - 1st mate
Bronze - just a guess...
Old 2008-07-03, 09:06   Link #29
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine View Post
Yes but only the first person who eats a devil fruit gains the power of it, for anyone afterwords it is simply a tastless fruit.

Yep. In fact, if memory serves me right, it's been stated that the person gains the power as soon as the taste of the fruit reaches their tongue. If multiple people plan to gain the same DF power, then that means that they would all have to eat a piece of the same fruit at the exact same time. To be honest, I'd find it kinda cheap and boring for two people to have, for example, the same Logia power (which is also why I don't like the idea of Pacifistas being Kuma clones), so hopefully Oda won't pull off something like that at some point in the storyline...
Old 2008-07-03, 09:27   Link #30
seiji_kun

I'm wondering if the disease that Roger was suffering from was overusage of "GEAR SECOND".

If that would be the case, then the theorie in my head that Shanks had the "gomu gomu no DF" cause his former captain had that DF would be true. I know you could say that Rayleigh or Crocus would've commented on it already but mb Oda hasn't done that yet to keep the suspense.

Can't believe some people are still thinking it's not Kuma. Guess having the title of the previous chapter beeing Kuma and looking 100% like him ain't enough... Man reminds me of some retards on other boards screaming that Madara isn't Tobi even after all the facts cause they wanted him to be Obito.

Loved this sentence, Shanks: Mr Raleigh, I was shocked!! In East Blue... I found a kid that said the same thing Captain Roger did!!
Those same words captain said!!

Now I'm wondering what Luffy said which was the same as Roger.

Btw I want Rayleigh mentioning Tom-san to!
Old 2008-07-03, 10:11   Link #31
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, this should be possible.
Though this actually doesn't really make much sense anyways. The power is in the fruit, and the fruit can't "know" if somebody did already take a bit of it or not. The OP world is pretty logical in itself, except of this point.
Having multiple people having the same power would just make the series boring imo and make lose chars theire uniqueness. And if you wan't a logical explanation, then just think about it like drugs/alcohol. If you drink one beer you won't be drunk, if you drink 10 beers you'll be wasted. So for the DF to take effect you have to eat it completely or it won't integrate in your blood. That's why Kaliffa & Giraffe boy had to eat it completely prolly.

And I never heared / read this myself "it's been stated that the person gains the power as soon as the taste of the fruit reaches their tongue". The only thing I've heared was what Robins long lost brother said or what Coby said that he heared of Vegapunk.
Old 2008-07-03, 13:08   Link #32
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
So for the DF to take effect you have to eat it completely or it won't integrate in your blood.
If it would be explained with a simple eating, then there won't be a need to make research on how to make use of it, for instance, to develop weapons that can integrate itself with the fruit too. I personally hope that whatever the case is with the devil fruit, it will go beyond our simple understanding of it.
Old 2008-07-03, 14:04   Link #33
Fyria

It was stated on Enies Lobby arc that if someone eats TWO Devilfruits he will simply explode with his two powers collissioning.

Everyone who has tryed to eat two fruits had just exploded and died instantly.

I don't remember exact chapter but it was on that scene where CP9 were eating devil fruits after their arrival at Enies Lobby.
Old 2008-07-03, 14:26   Link #34
Undertaker

SBS state that who ever took the first bite and taste it gets the power, while the rest of the fruit just simply turns into another bad-tasting fruit.

It doesn't have to be logical, it just the way it is in OP world. I mean, if we want to over-analyze this there are other thing that are MUCH less logical, ie. Merry has spirit, Pell survive point-zero explosion, or how objects can "eat" DF and gain its power, etc.
Old 2008-07-03, 14:47   Link #35
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yep. In fact, if memory serves me right, it's been stated that the person gains the power as soon as the taste of the fruit reaches their tongue. If multiple people plan to gain the same DF power, then that means that they would all have to eat a piece of the same fruit at the exact same time. To be honest, I'd find it kinda cheap and boring for two people to have, for example, the same Logia power (which is also why I don't like the idea of Pacifistas being Kuma clones), so hopefully Oda won't pull off something like that at some point in the storyline...
I agree, I really don't like the Idea of there being more then one Kuma, I would like to see more Pacifista, but not all of them looking like Kuma, or sharing the same powers. I would like to see some big, small, and short Pacifista all with different powers. But not all the same size and not all of them looking just like Kuma. Also Kuma said a Pacifista is a high level cyborg, Not a Robot. You would have to have someone just like Kuma to make another Cyborg/copy of him.
Old 2008-07-03, 15:55   Link #36
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnc742 View Post
It would be nice if Rayleigh would be the 10th nakama of Luffy.
Meh it wouldn't cuz Ray is already a legend,it wouldn't be fun if Luffy had someone as strong as him in his crew.Thats the whole point of his crew,they r getting stronger and stronger as the story goes,and by the end they will surpass the strongest(hopefully)that would be cool.

And i'm not talking about Ray sacrificing himslef that's just funny ;d
Old 2008-07-03, 16:16   Link #37
marvelB

Okay, I searched and found the DF SBS question, courtesy of Stephen's scripts:

Quote:
D: Hey! Hey, it's me! Guess what! Oda-sensei!! I got in an accident, and I need 2 million yen right now!!
Can you wire me the money? Also, I have a question. Is it possible for a lot of people to share one single fruit, or not? Can you do that? If so, what happens? Thanks for answering!! P.N. Bottom Era

O: What?! Oh my god! An accident?! OK, here comes your money!! YEAH RIGHT!! You swindler! Prepare to feel the wrath of the ODA SLIDING CHOP! OK, I just gave you a chop to the shin. Now, your answer. One fruit cannot be shared by many people. I get these questions often. The Devil Fruit Abilities are transferred after one bite. After that, it's just a nastly old fruit. Nothing will happen if anyone else takes a bite. So in summation, a single fruit cannot give its powers to multiple people.

So there's your answer from the man himself. Like I said, two or more people having the exact same abilities would just be plain cheap, anyway.

And going back to the subject of Kizaru's arrival, I'm still hoping that he's brought some (non-Kuma) Pacifistas with him. That way we'll see the other Supernovas in action. I'm still most interested in seeing Apoo's fighting style...
Old 2008-07-03, 16:51   Link #38
Blackbeard D. Kuma

So the Yellow Monkey has finally arrived, in a Tao Pai Pai fashion with a cannon ball instead of a pillar , on the Sabaody Archipelago. However, I am still waiting for him to be formally introduced. What I mean by this is I am waiting for his "title box" to accompany a picture of him being completely unveiled. Something in the title box saying "Marine Headquarters - Admiral Kizaru - followed by something describing his personality" along with a clear picture of his face. I am hoping this will be shown next chapter. As for Law intervening in Kuma's confrontation with Kidd, I think that this is going to be interesting. I don't think that either Kidd or Law could beat Kuma individually, but collaborating together to take him down might be a different story. However, I don't see Kuma losing here. He is one of the really important members of the shichibukai and because of this I feel that he is going to be sticking around for a good while. Also, now that Kizaru is here, I think that they (the pirates involved in the auction house incident) are going to have to hope for a miracle to get out of their predicament. Kizaru is definitely going to be extremely powerful and he also has Kuma for support in case things get out of hand. Furthermore, Garp should be arriving soon to confront Rayleigh. If Rayleigh ends up being preoccupied by Garp, I don't see how Luffy, the strawhats, and the other supernovas are going to escape safely. The chances of some pirates not making it to the new world is extremely high under the current circumstances.
Old 2008-07-03, 17:11   Link #39
ellifeedn
Thinker

Sorry for asking this but what was Kuma's devil power?
Old 2008-07-03, 17:39   Link #40
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Sorry for asking this but what was Kuma's devil power?
It was the Nikyu Nikyu (paw/pad) fruit, which is basically the power to deflect things (even air, or more amazingly, pain and fatigue!).
Closed Thread