AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 10:21   Link #21
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

The best part of the episode was getting to read Monir's post.
Old 2008-07-03, 11:14   Link #22
Lost-Wisdom
Wis-dom-matic

One of the better filler episodes, it showed more depth into Ichigo's mother, and it gain back into their routes when it comes to Bleach earlier episodes.

Great episode.
Old 2008-07-03, 12:44   Link #23
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Hmm...I love fillers and all arcs...however it seems they went to the well too often...for instance the Ichigo-mother dream/nightmare...this was done in the Grand Fisher ep...I think back in ep 6 or something...as far as Kifune...I thought he and Amagai might be trying to help Kira get his balls back...lol...but now I don't wonder if they weren't brought in to take out the bad guy trying to kill the princess...because frankly I find it hard to believe the protection squads are that damn ignorant of what is happening with the royal families...even one that is lower on the scale.Especially Yama-jii. If Kifune turns out to be a bad guy, I would be quite disappointed as there was no surprise to that storyline...he acts bad, he is bad...lol...no imagination. I am hoping for more of a twist. And lastly...yes I too think it was weird to have Grimmjow end, then suddenly be back in Soul Society and home. I mean we were left hanging about Rukia...and others...oh well. I still love the show and all the characters...and even the fillers...nothing beats Matsumoto on her shopping trip in the real world hehehe...
Old 2008-07-03, 13:17   Link #24
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
People who watch this are going to make (a reasonable) assumption that Ichigo has rescued Orihime and now they are back in the real world.
No, I would call them dumb for not paying attention to the narrator in the beginning of the filler.

The episode was decent, it was drawn well, but the final fight became predictable (wish it wouldn't have, I'd rather Ichigo just one shot the guy)

And now everything seems to be coming full circle, knew eventually they'd start to blend the two stories in, and Kifune made it plainly obvious that he's a bad guy, now I wonder about the Captain...hopefully this gets more interesting.
Old 2008-07-03, 13:43   Link #25
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
No, I would call them dumb for not paying attention to the narrator in the beginning of the filler.

The episode was decent, it was drawn well, but the final fight became predictable (wish it wouldn't have, I'd rather Ichigo just one shot the guy)

And now everything seems to be coming full circle, knew eventually they'd start to blend the two stories in, and Kifune made it plainly obvious that he's a bad guy, now I wonder about the Captain...hopefully this gets more interesting.
Sure, they would be dumb assuming 1) They paid utmost attention to the first part of the narration --its not nicely subtittled in japanese for all the viewers, and 2) They watch every episode on TV and 3) Forgotting trivia is a function of stupidity.

If all your complex premeses hold then sure its an obvious logical conclusion such viewers are dumb.
Old 2008-07-03, 13:48   Link #26
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

it's simple, if you don't understand the language, don't make the assumption till you know what's going on.

"People who watch this..."

People like who? the japanese public who understand their own language? people who only pick up the RAW? people who watch it subtitled from the various groups that do it?
Old 2008-07-03, 14:58   Link #27
astrallionheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
it's simple, if you don't understand the language, don't make the assumption till you know what's going on.

"People who watch this..."

People like who? the japanese public who understand their own language? people who only pick up the RAW? people who watch it subtitled from the various groups that do it?
Lol meh semantics...
Old 2008-07-03, 15:06   Link #28
m1thril

i thought this episode was terrible...found myself fast forwarding a lot and this fight was so predictable too. i also found myself thinking ichigo put on his mask for him???????? he's so weak compared to other villians like grimmjaw, ulqui, etc. i kinda want ichigo to just roll him in his bankai form and not rely on his mask.

on another note...i don't see why people say this arc takes place after the HM arc. they made it relatively clear in the beginning that this is an alternate universe or something (ie something along the lines of 'before continuing the arrancar arc we'll tell another story')
Old 2008-07-03, 15:16   Link #29
astrallionheart

People? You mean me? Lol. Casual viewers may be confused, obviously we aren't going to miss it since we watch every ep. It's kind of like if you went into the bount story after the kenpachi fight, miss an episode or two and you have absolutely no idea where this is going. And I mean if you aren't privy to the manga it's not quite obvious if this is filler given its improved quality over the bount arc. i'd be confused as hell if I missed the first ep introducing the new captain.

I'm thinking of the ice age effect. Animals had to adapt or die when the icebergs slid down and the temperature dropped, the surviving ones developing thick fur. Then the ice age ended, but thing's didn't go back to "normal" since there's no such thing as "normal" for wholly mammoths. It's just another big change. With this you lose some of your fanbase as you go into fillers, and you have casual viewers who pick it up mid-filler and then get totally confused when it jumps into another arc (which we recognize as "normal").

But meh whatever it's all speculation at this point how this story goes lets see how it unfolds..
Old 2008-07-03, 15:26   Link #30
Langus
Optimus Prime

I'm thinking Kifune is going in as a front, kind of like an inside man to destroy those trying to disrupt the clan from the inside.

It'll be one of those 'oh my god he's a bad guy - oh no wait he's actually good!' kind of story lines.

It's never as obvious as it seems.
Old 2008-07-03, 15:26   Link #31
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Yes a new story, so if Ichigo uses his mask to defeat his enemy I would have to assume this occurs before his travels to Hueco Mundo and his eventual defeat of Grimmjow. I am not a casual viewer, having seen all 178 episodes however definitely do not claim to know all the intricacies of each character and story arc.
Old 2008-07-03, 17:06   Link #32
lequory
People hate good theories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Yes a new story, so if Ichigo uses his mask to defeat his enemy I would have to assume this occurs before his travels to Hueco Mundo and his eventual defeat of Grimmjow. I am not a casual viewer, having seen all 178 episodes however definitely do not claim to know all the intricacies of each character and story arc.
NO!

All powers used now were used during the HM arc.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:30   Link #33
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

I understand That is what I am saying...this current arc must take place before Grimmjow finale...because all of the characters seemed more evolved in the HM arc...Ichigo was more powerful than he is in this Amagai arc...though his moves and the mask are the same...however if this occurs after HM then they skipped a whole lot of stuff.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:40   Link #34
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
I've posted this over and over again. This arc doesn't take place before or after anything, it's a stand-alone continuity.

Of course it wasn't specifically stated that I can remember, but there's a 99% chance anyway.
Old 2008-07-04, 07:57   Link #35
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

sigh..for people's benefit, I'll quote wanderer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
I've posted this over and over again. This arc doesn't take place before or after anything, it's a stand-alone continuity.
They were given the HM-arc powers because if they didn't and were like before power-wise it would cause a freakin uproar. This arc is like when you get banished to the 5th dimension in dbz. It's isolated completely, no relation to canon whatsoever.
Old 2008-07-04, 08:33   Link #36
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Hmm...even in DBZ everything had a timeline it fit into with the series. Though often the timelines got mixed up due to movies being released well after the same point in the series had past on television...also does this infer that Amagai will not be present during the showdown with Aizen? Are these characters temporary? I thought this arc was to go back and introduce Amagai so it will explain why he is there when Ichi and the others return from HM...just my theory. But if it is complete and utter fluff and fantasy then so be it
Old 2008-07-04, 09:26   Link #37
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsuomi1971 View Post
Hmm...even in DBZ everything had a timeline it fit into with the series. Though often the timelines got mixed up due to movies being released well after the same point in the series had past on television...also does this infer that Amagai will not be present during the showdown with Aizen? Are these characters temporary? I thought this arc was to go back and introduce Amagai so it will explain why he is there when Ichi and the others return from HM...just my theory. But if it is complete and utter fluff and fantasy then so be it
Amagai won't be part of normal timeline occurrences unless he's wrote in later, since these episodes don't follow normal Bleach continuity. And this whole timeline is temporary... it started acting like the Hueco Mundo arc never happened, and it'll end assuming it never will.

Maybe Amagai could appear in the normal continuity/timeline. At least that would be a good idea for Kubo to do, IMO. That is... if Amagai don't turn out as a bad guy <.<
Old 2008-07-04, 22:20   Link #38
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Any confirmation on when the filler is going to end?
Old 2008-07-04, 22:21   Link #39
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post

Of course it wasn't specifically stated that I can remember, but there's a 99% chance anyway.
We really won't know exactly where it fits until the arc is over or until those behind the series officially say where or when it takes place. Until then everything else is pure speculation. Weird things in shows have happen. Just because at the moment we can't see a clean way to make the arc fit doesn't mean a way isn't possible or thought up. You can reason out the situation all you want but until there is an actually official statement it can't and shouldn't be treated as fact.

People complain to much in regards to a show they are seeing for free and not legally. Sure you can be annoyed but there is a point where you have no business complaining since no one is making you watch the show and you aren't and never were losing any money from watching it. You have no connection with the animators. Discussion of the show is fine but constant complaining about how horrible it is pointless

Not a big fan of the current arc but it isn't horrible by any means. I've seen horrible shows before. I just feel it's annoying not knowing where things fit but outside of that I'm enjoying things. I'm just glad it's getting back to the new captain since I was really enjoying those episodes.
Old 2008-07-04, 22:34   Link #40
Iknowwhatyou

Lol this is like the great Zelda time line debate. The separation between ocarina of time endings.
As the same fate as Link who defeated Ganon, Ichigo will be gone.
Closed Thread