2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-06, 17:54   Link #701
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
Yeah, Sayako has a nice......wait....nevermind....

Spoiler for NSFW-esque:
Sayako.

Damn good episode though...Shirley deserved better though poor thing. Hope rolo dies like...soon...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:11   Link #702
ftghb

Shirley dying was a bit unexpected....and it's really fishy how Jeremiah was so willing to change sides, especially considering all the time he had spent with VV....iono, I hated how this episode turned out. This episode could definitely have benefitted from some more plot development. It all felt too rushed for me, not to mention senseless....I mean, wat was the point of killing Shirley....My theory is that Jeremiah was actually tricking Lelouch and kidnapped Rolo and killed Shirley himself. And what about Viletta? I have no idea whose side she's on now....
ftghb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:12   Link #703
Gundam-ya

Didn't really think it was going to happen, or I guess, more like I didn't want it to happen. And over a stupid reason like mentioning Nunnally!? I know everyone said that was the way it was going to happen, but it just seems so stupid to kill off a character like that. Now that fireworks thing is never going to happen.

Unless everyone is brought back to life somehow, I kinda see C.C. the only one left at the end of the series...and not just in the distant future way...
Gundam-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:15   Link #704
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

My thoughts:

If V.V. is really Cornelia's uncle, then what does that make C.C.? Is she related to Lulu in some way by blood and is that why she needs him for her request (which I strongly believe is going to be some way to let her die).

I've always believed Lulu and Suzaku will eventually come to terms to save the world at the end, and that one innocuous comment by Shirley about forgiving people certainly helped to reinforce that belief. That said, I still despise Suzaku and in my fantasy world I'd like to see him suffer and suffer and suffer forever. Side note: that is about the most homosexual (hey, nothing wrong with being gay, just calling it like I see it) ending sequence picture they've had at the very end with Suzaku and Lulu together.

It looks like Cornelia will have a chance to deal with her feeling over Euphie's death real soon if the Order is heading to where she is imprisoned. I can't see her really ever forgiving Lulu for killing Euphie, but I can see her, in her own way, fighting against the Emperor just as Lulu is doing; I just don't see her going out of her way to coordinate/cooperate with the Order while doing so. Which is why it'll be interesting to see how she manages to get freed without joining the sissy women of Lulu's harem. Also, I loved that shot of her brusquely throwing the knife into V.V.'s head as he was entering the typical evil guy speech mode. Just cements how Cornelia is about the only strong woman in this series and further reinforces my hope she isn't relegated to becoming a simpering Lulu harem member.

Also, it was difficult to see as there weren't any good body shots of her in this episode, but it still looks like her left arm has issues (like how it was folded across her abdomen in the previous episode). Considering how badly she was injured in season 1, and apparently recovering completely off the radar, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if she's not really 100% recovered. I'm still trying to think of any remotely reasonable reason why after that fight at the end of Season 1 she would go slink off on her own for a year (if we're supposed to accept simply to look into Euphie's death..I'll do so since this is an anime but it'd be a really lame reason considering the amount of resources that were at her disposal if she'd stayed around).

Kallen may become Nunally's knight. This will force her to work with Brittania's Knight of Rounds for a few episodes I think. Lulu may even be able to live with Kallen working with Brittania if it means she's protecting Nunally. He got an ace pilot with a super mecha to replace her anyways from a purely cold, objective view. It would certainly put all that emphasis on Kallen's booty and her feelings for Lulu into better perspective if they had meant for her to be seperated from the Order for most of the remainder of the series (I imagine whatever her fate is, she'll be back with them by the very end).

I think there's a lot of wishful thinking amongst those who think there's going to ever be a real romance from Lulu. "Romance" is used as a gag in this anime, and I don't see it changing. C.C. is increasingly likely to be related by blood to Lulu; plus she's like a gazillion years old. Lulu will, in the end, fulfill C.C.'s request and help to allow her to die. There will be an ending in which everyone can fantasize about the future of Lulu and crew in which everyone can imagine their own happy endings, but there certainly isn't going to be an ending where Lulu magically turns into a skirt-chasing boy and tells Kallen, "I love you let's make babies".

I'll end this by saying Shirley's death was really sad. Dying by a gut wound to be left slowly bleeding to death; that is just a really sad and crude way of taking her out of the anime. I really doubt Lulu will ever learn the truth behind her death, so even if Rolo is killed at some point, I know I won't feel like real justice has been done. Possibly the worst ending would be if there is a moment where Lulu, Rolo, and Nunally are together and Nunally's gentleness somehow manages to save Rolo from his insanity and they end up becoming a real family together. It'll certainly make Shirley's death just that much more poignant, but boy oh boy Rolo will just cement his place as one of the most despicable characters I've ever watched for all time.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:16   Link #705
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftghb View Post
Shirley dying was a bit unexpected....and it's really fishy how Jeremiah was so willing to change sides, especially considering all the time he had spent with VV....iono, I hated how this episode turned out. This episode could definitely have benefitted from some more plot development. It all felt too rushed for me, not to mention senseless....I mean, wat was the point of killing Shirley....My theory is that Jeremiah was actually tricking Lelouch and kidnapped Rolo and killed Shirley himself. And what about Viletta? I have no idea whose side she's on now....
The only suspicion I have about Orange-sama is that why he took so long to equate Lelouch Lamperouge with the son of Marianne. Once that is explained properly, I can accept him on Lulu's side.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:22   Link #706
ptoss1
Banned

woa............shirley died.
does this mean no more ashford episodes. no this does not. sunrise wouldn't allow that. what sunrise would do is put another 2-3 school episodes in focusing on anya and lelouch and how they were betrothed when they were young, then lulu and anya will get together for a semi happy somewhat sad yet cool yet okay and cool series ending
ptoss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:26   Link #707
Kona-Kona
Densetsu shoujo "A"

My conclusion about Orange:
Spoiler for conlusion:
Kona-Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:27   Link #708
KrimzonStriker

Okay, scratch that, he wasn't planning to initially join Lelouch, it seemed like he wanted to die at his hands before Lelouch spared him. Interesting development >_>
Old 2008-07-06, 18:28   Link #709
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Okay, scratch that, he wasn't planning to initially join Lelouch, it seemed like he wanted to die at his hands before Lelouch spared him. Interesting development >_>
The Marianne Incident. Although linking Orange-sama with extreme shame is a little....
Old 2008-07-06, 18:29   Link #710
Tendou88

10 points to this perfect episode!

I really hope that Rolo was not the killer.
And these are my guesses on how Shirley died.
1) Rolo Killed her

2) New KoR member tried to assasinate Rolo, but Rolo dodged and it hit Shirley.

3) Suzaku killed Shirley to make Lelouch feel the same pain as he did when he lost Euphy

4) Rolo took Shirley's gun in geass mode, he removed the geass and talked to Shirley, Rolo wanted to know how much Shirley knew about Lelouch/Zero. Rolo was pointing the gun on Shirley. Suzaku arrives and jumps infront of Shirley to protect her. Suzaku is a big threat to Zero, so Rolo activated geass and fired a bullet on Suzaku, BUT Suzaku "live" geass effect made him dodge while being geassed by Rolo. So the bullet hit Shirley and Rolo geass time was soon over so he had to retreat and Suzake went after him.

I thought Orange was lying to lulu to make him deactivate that sakurite disabler
And i was like "no dont fall for that one lulu"
Tendou88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:30   Link #711
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The Marianne Incident. Although linking Orange-sama with extreme shame is a little....
Orange-kun is if anything, a man of honor. Once he failed he would devote whatever else of his life he had left to make amends for it.
Old 2008-07-06, 18:30   Link #712
ptoss1
Banned

i mean, come on, people

now that shirley is dead, i really think an anya lelouch pairing is going to be the most likely

can you really all imagine a CC or kallen x lelouch ending?
because that would be really unlikely

CC x lelouch ending could only happen if lelouch went to happy alien land with CC

Kallen x lelouch ending could only happen if lelouch became king and queen of Japan or something because i cant see kallen abandoning her role in restoring japan while lelouch would most likely want to get away from all the fighting after Brittania is defeated

A Eureka 7 ending with anya and lelouch going adventuring and sitting together would be perfect. nanally could be happy with suzaku and kallen and people and suzku could forgive lelouch while lelouch disapears for a year or two

CC either dies happily or goes off to dream land

and an ending complete
Old 2008-07-06, 18:32   Link #713
FreshSalad
Claymore Theorist

Location: In a hopeless world where there is no reason to exist
I think everyone should remind themselves that the OP and ending are not always related to the story line. So coming up with interpretations of the symbolic images (angels etc) won't get you very far. You have to understand, the people who drew it or rather came up with the idea probably didn't put the effort to intergrate plot revelations in the OP or ending. Think like them and you will know what the purpose of each part is.
FreshSalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:39   Link #714
wtfftw

OK this ep was great i gave it a 9 because of shirley dying and it didnt make sense. Why are all girls so stupid as to run to the most dangerous place atm. its so gay i was like NOOOOOOOOOOOO dont run into the danger zone you wanna die bitch :S. And what about those so called guards they need to be executed for not going after her and doing what their LORD said omg so gay.

Anyway Rolo what up man why did you need to kill her. Is rolo gonna murder any woman that falls in love with lulu too? Is rolo gonna murder nunnally too? The guy is insane lol so much fo rthe nunnaly x rolo xP

Furthermore Code geass is too much for my brain to handle there too much stuff going on to organize this all in a fashionate matter i mean how many stuff has happened now its simply crazy now orange kun is on the sid eof lulu its like WTH!

Last but not least i think we should hold our own forum memorial for shirley because she was a cute girl.

Shirley rest in peace we love ya

BTW suzaku shoudl die he failed to protect shirley i never forget him for that xD
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:45   Link #715
ptoss1
Banned

anya and lulu is GOOD
Old 2008-07-06, 18:47   Link #716
king12354

Lelouch - "I'm doing this for my dead mom!"
Orange - "What a coincidence! I worked for her ten years ago but I'm doing this for her too! Now I can die in peace knowing that the person who ruined my life is the son of that great person."
Lelouch - "Nooo, don't die! Work with me."
Jeremiah - "OK!"
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:47   Link #717
ptoss1
Banned

Hear That, Sunrise, Do A Eureka 7 Ending, Please
Old 2008-07-06, 18:51   Link #718
wtfftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Lelouch - "I'm doing this for my dead mom!"
Orange - "What a coincidence! I worked for her ten years ago but I'm doing this for her too! Now I can die in peace knowing that the person who ruined my life is the son of that great person."
Lelouch - "Nooo, don't die! Work with me."
Jeremiah - "OK!"
Thats why i was like WTH man i mean .............

huh?????

I get the impresssion the authors have this motto of the viewers should take any BS we come up with in the show and they are doing a pretty good job lol.

I mean some people already think Suzaku is sane. Racism seems to be all ok and stuff. Who knows maybe we will see people coming back from the death next episode.

Last edited by wtfftw; 2008-07-06 at 19:01.
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:51   Link #719
Ansa

Gah this ep was so great but god damn it Shirley was the only character I thought might actually save Lulu from going completely insane...

That said if in the next ep when lulu puts a bullet in V.V.'s head (yeah it won't kill him fine but still) if he just says in the most evil voice ever 'Love is POWER!' before pulling the trigger that'd be freaking awesome, assuming he gets the chance to anyway XD

As to the new opening (I loved all of it btw) a few interesting observations...

1. Guren and Lancelot getting upgrades (again) and looking to be fighting... together o_O (Kallen becomes Nunallys Knight? Suzaku forgives Lulu for the sake of the world?)

2. Gino looks serious which is interesting to begin with but he looks rather badass should be interesting at least.

3. All of the early scenes in the opening seem like all hell is breaking loose (before Toudou flies off towards that tower... thing) and then with showing everyone grouped togeather reminded me a bit of the 4th opening of Gundam SEED (not a parade for christ stakes people) just with everyone joining up togeather to fight one true evil.

As for the episode itself it was awesome, Orange changing sides isn't that surprising if you saw the picture dramas he hates how he failed to protect Marianne and when he realizes that Lulu is indeed her son I think he doesn't care if hes Zero or anything he wants to protect him in place of the one he couldn't protect (unless of course it's just a farce to make lulu trust him for him to betray him later, never know with Orange but I greatly look forward to seeing more work from Chrispen Freeman as him in the dub)

Shirley dying sucks, she was seriously the most interesting character that affected lulu (outside of Nunnally anyway) I'm really hoping he just completely snaps at this point and just wants drop the BS tell Suzaku he's back and come get some if he can XD

that said was a very fast paced episode and I think a lot of people are surprised they packed so much into one ep but think about it theirs only 1 season left and then ITS ALL DONE they've got to cover what they can, I won't be surprised if every episode is like this from now until the end honestly.

Finally I think were finally starting on the World Stage, the opening revealed as much but it seems like it's finally happening that the Black Knights are a world power... I can't wait to see what happens next.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:01   Link #720
yuuk1

Expecting more appearance of C.C. T__T she's been kind of neglected for a while now, in my opinion.

Also, more action scenes and puzzling dilemmas-- although hopefully not as shocking as Euphy's psycho moment( I felt sad for Suzaku! )
yuuk1 is offline   Reply With Quote