AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-18, 12:00   Link #1
Tate

Ed's father

From the hints I'm getting, looks like Ed's father is going to be a big part of the series near the end. Looks like he is THE most powerful alchemist that is involved in a lot of things that Ed is slowly getting into. What do you think?
Old 2004-04-18, 12:22   Link #2
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
I also think the father will play a big part near the end and that we'll get to know
more about what he did and why he didn't come back. But the strongest
alchemist? I don't know about that...I do think he did a lot of things nobody else
could do but I doubt it a little he's the strongest...
Old 2004-04-18, 13:00   Link #3
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
From the hints I'm getting, looks like Ed's father is going to be a big part of the series near the end. Looks like he is THE most powerful alchemist that is involved in a lot of things that Ed is slowly getting into. What do you think?
I'd be very surprised if Ed's father didn't turn out to be a very powerful alchemist, with a big part to play in the whole story (especially regarding the Homonculus) but my money's on Ed being THE most powerful.

I think something will push Ed over the edge (a death or a shocking revelation) and we'll see what he can really do...

Sonhex
Old 2004-04-18, 13:13   Link #4
saden1

In the new opening we can see Ed take on a host of Homonculus'. At his current level I doubt he can fight with them. Ed will definitely improve his combat and alchemist skills before he takes them on. Whether he'll be the strongest remains to be seen.
Old 2004-04-18, 13:38   Link #5
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I think something will push Ed over the edge (a death or a shocking revelation) and we'll see what he can really do...
I agree, I'm certain that we haven't seen everything that Ed can do. And my guess is that
when his power reveals his father will be around *don't know why, just a feeling*
But you can never know for sure, maybe something totally different will
happen
Old 2004-04-18, 13:59   Link #6
Palani
///_^

I think that Ed will reveal who his father is and then starts hating him because he found out that he did something that really upset him. Like creating the homunculus or sth. Ed battles him but get's his ass kicked. He then turns to Izumi for training and battles him to become stronger. He eventually defeats his dad and makes him spill up all info on the philospophers stone. With that he creates it and finally restores there bodies. That's how big a role he'll play in the story.

But that's just my thoughts, I don't known if this is gonna happen.
Old 2004-04-18, 15:39   Link #7
Copy Ninja Kakashi

I thinks Ed's father created the fuhrer (anyone noticed that he hase the same voice actor as the 3th hokage in Naruto) . The fuhrer is probably a homunculus. I don't think Ed or Alphonse will fight there father...
Old 2004-04-18, 16:35   Link #8
Navi en Grey

A mysterious parent character in an anime is very common these days, it wouldn't even be a surprise to me if the show discoveres that ed's father is still alive!! I'm sure that Ed will meet him someday, and probably learn about the bad things about being an alchemist is from him. Heh, just a common plot prediction by me.

- Navi
Old 2004-04-19, 14:27   Link #9
reymysteriojr

In the first intro you can see ed and al's father holding him you can see he had a goatee it looks like. I took a snap shot and messed with the contrast and sharpened a bit. definitely has facial hair. I am not as far along as you guys are, so i have no idea who he might be. Not sure if its like the angle or he has a scar over his left eye kind of like kakashi. too bad i cant post the pic to show you
Old 2004-04-20, 05:17   Link #10
triniti
Blue Angel

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by reymysteriojr
In the first intro you can see ed and al's father holding him you can see he had a goatee it looks like. I took a snap shot and messed with the contrast and sharpened a bit. definitely has facial hair. I am not as far along as you guys are, so i have no idea who he might be. Not sure if its like the angle or he has a scar over his left eye kind of like kakashi. too bad i cant post the pic to show you
Is it me or does he have glasses?
Old 2004-04-20, 07:24   Link #11
MAT86

have you noticed that over time that pictures getting less and less glared? my eyes might just be going but you can see more of him now then in the first episode. i reakon by the time he comes in proper most of his face will be uncovered
Old 2004-04-20, 07:37   Link #12
ureka_56

Daddy

I bet you all that ED's father is the one the made the mongles or was it Homogols or what ever they are.

Ureka
Old 2004-04-20, 09:52   Link #13
triniti
Blue Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ureka_56
I bet you all that ED's father is the one the made the mongles or was it Homogols or what ever they are.

Ureka
I'm shure off it!

Remember the episodes where Ed almost made the philosofer's stone?
If you remember what Envy sayed to Ed: "You have his blood!". And Envy hates when people say that they were created by someone. So I think 'she' (I think it is a she ) hates her creator! It's logic.
Old 2004-04-20, 09:57   Link #14
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1
In the new opening we can see Ed take on a host of Homonculus'. At his current level I doubt he can fight with them. Ed will definitely improve his combat and alchemist skills before he takes them on. Whether he'll be the strongest remains to be seen.
No. Ed took on one homonculus, Greed. The rest are experimental chimeras.
Old 2004-04-20, 09:58   Link #15
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palani
I think that Ed will reveal who his father is and then starts hating him because he found out that he did something that really upset him. Like creating the homunculus or sth. Ed battles him but get's his ass kicked. He then turns to Izumi for training and battles him to become stronger. He eventually defeats his dad and makes him spill up all info on the philospophers stone. With that he creates it and finally restores there bodies. That's how big a role he'll play in the story.

But that's just my thoughts, I don't known if this is gonna happen.
Ed already hated his father for abandonning his family. And Ed most certaintly blame his father for his mother's death.
Old 2004-04-20, 10:00   Link #16
BigFire

Manga Spoiler ahoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi en Grey
A mysterious parent character in an anime is very common these days, it wouldn't even be a surprise to me if the show discoveres that ed's father is still alive!! I'm sure that Ed will meet him someday, and probably learn about the bad things about being an alchemist is from him. Heh, just a common plot prediction by me.

- Navi
Final Warning, Manga Spoiler

Spoiler for Manga Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-20, 13:30   Link #17
.Spike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I'd be very surprised if Ed's father didn't turn out to be a very powerful alchemist, with a big part to play in the whole story (especially regarding the Homonculus) but my money's on Ed being THE most powerful.

Sonhex
You mean like neo at the end of matrix one?
Old 2004-04-20, 13:34   Link #18
reymysteriojr

No idea who that is i am only up toepisode 10. Anyone know a place where i can upload the pic so i can show you all
Old 2004-04-20, 13:43   Link #19
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Spike
You mean like neo at the end of matrix one?
He-he...I hope the script writers of FMA have more imagination than that.

Sonhex
Old 2004-04-20, 21:35   Link #20
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Ed's father almost definately worked in Lab 5 with Basque Gran. I saw Episode 21/22 again, and as Edward was demanding who had the skill to bind souls to armor, you saw him reflected in Tucker's glasses as he recited names, but only when he said 'Then who?' did he come into focus. It seems that he went off to the Ishbal War for some reason, as in the earlier episodes, the mother always watched injured soldiers with a sad look. The real question would still be 'why', however, if that is the case.
Closed Thread