AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-21, 19:28   Link #61
Blade556

The Melody Of Oblivion???

When does this anime air in japan? I'm getting kinda anxious to watch it...looks interesting
Blade556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 20:06   Link #62
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Just take a look at the official page:
http://www.tbs.co.jp/boukyaku/
It's running on TBS, starting on 15 April at 1am (if I read that correctly...)
The first episode is also avaiable as fansub by Anbu:
Anbu Tracker
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 20:26   Link #63
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
And there is a three-page thread(albeit dead) in the second or third page of the fansub section--seek it out. It's a good show.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 20:35   Link #64
Melazoma

Yes! The MoO Project from ANBU is not dropped!

As I bring this thread back to the surface... Here's what it looks like, from reading the ANBU forum:

The project is not dropped, just delayed--some kind of encoding, timing issue--I shall patiently wait for more fansub episodes. Currently, the Melody of Oblivion Episode 3 has just finished its first run on 04/20/2004.

Message to ANBU:
がんばったよ! 暗部のサッブ師たち
Old 2004-04-21, 21:00   Link #65
lordlucless

Man! I have the worst luck in picking shows to follow! First Twin Spica, whose translator seems to have gone missing, now Melody. Dang! Maybe I should just start watching Naruto or something instead.
lordlucless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 00:31   Link #66
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm consigning this thread to Oblivion. Follow-ups to Melody of Oblivion

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 13:39   Link #67
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

episode 3 is so surprisingly great! It's very weird, and very good at the same time. The world controlled by monsters just feels so WRONG, so unreal... surreal... and I love how those mythical monsters are depicted in this anime, so far it seems all the monsters come from Greek myth
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 12:04   Link #68
RobertM
Kobe, not Osaka...

Going by the superficial details, I was fully expecting to pass over this show. Dorky motorcycle-type mechas with heads like horses, a generic blank of a young hero, generic character designs, etc.

But this show is just awesome! The execution and detailing are way above average. The watercolour backgrounds are consistently striking, and add to the overall strangeness. I love the chattering marionette stand-ins for people. Even the premise is very interesting. Just saw Episode 3 raw and if you thought the Minotaur bus was strange, you ain't seen nothing yet!

Anybody else reminded by the style of UTENA?
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 22:58   Link #69
Melazoma

Oh Sweet Mercy! Melody of Oblivion Episode 2 is finally released from the ANBU I'm leeching now... Will have it on seeding when I'm done, with my 27kb/s Upload in all its glory

Update: I'm now seeding at full capacity

Last edited by Melazoma; 2004-04-25 at 23:50.
Old 2004-04-27, 01:46   Link #70
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Episode 2 wasn't too shaby. I can't wait for the 3 episode to be subbed.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 05:36   Link #71
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlucless
Man! I have the worst luck in picking shows to follow! First Twin Spica, whose translator seems to have gone missing, now Melody. Dang! Maybe I should just start watching Naruto or something instead.
LOL! I don't think, because of Narutos popularity, that it will encounter same kind of problems any time soon, but if you start following it, it will probably be licensed soon after that.

I'm still not sure is Melody of Obvilion worth following, need more episodes...
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 12:11   Link #72
dreamless

seems a lot of this season's shows starts only so-so, but gets better episode by episode
Old 2004-04-27, 22:04   Link #73
Melazoma

Ooh just found this interesting bit...

I cannot believe that I didn't notice this sooner as I've read the Japanese Official website of Melody of Oblivion for the umpteenth time It's also probably because they seldomly(or don't) mention these characters' last names.

It's about the names, the last names of the characters--specifically, the two Melos Warriors:
黒船 バラード Kurofune Ballad
ボッカ セレナーデ Bocca Serenade

Oh well stupid trivia
Old 2004-04-28, 04:03   Link #74
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
seems a lot of this season's shows starts only so-so, but gets better episode by episode
I don't consider episode 1 to be a so-so start at all. I thought it did a proper job of setting out the story. It gave us one of those bullfights, we got to see the arrow thing and the motorcycle, a sacrifice etc. I also thought Bocca was set up as a likable enough character - he is cute and very earnest.

Somehow the bullfight scenes remind me of Shoujo Kakumei Utena. It had to do with the way the scene was animated, the way the bus turned into a bull, the weapons coming out of people's bodies and I guess some of the music used. Something about the sacrifices is a bit like that show too.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-28, 06:29   Link #75
wao
OK.

Ep 2 was nice. I think they're really getting the hang of getting parts right. Some parts reminded me of Violinist of Hameln... (which was a great series... okay, maybe not aesthetically, but still) Actually, a lot of it reminds me of the old fashioned RPGish series. Cool eh.

I'm quite interested in Bocca's character. He reminds me a bit of myself... and I think the fact that he has the capability to do very well (He IS kind, smart, and also eager in things that really matter) is quite unique, because he doesn't make a very big deal out of it.
And while he does, I suppose, still have his somewhat sexual weakness (but goddamn it, those were big boobs... annoying!), I think it's great that he doesn't cling onto people like all the other dumb male leads out there. He doesn't hold on to four-eyes just because she happens to be sexy... and besides, he's not the kind of guy who'd get a girlfriend out of necessity unlike Sawamura, for example. What's the big deal in getting a girlfriend? In the end it should be based on friendship and not desire or lust or clinging on...

I somehow predict that Sayoko and Bocca will have, at teh very least, shippy moments later on in hte series. Kekekekekeke...
Old 2004-04-28, 10:38   Link #76
gizmo
Monenenenee!

I'm just soooo in love with the music! It really gets to me, you know what I mean?
The artwork+story+music makes it a favorite anime of mine! can't wait to see more of it.

But for now i'm VERY very pleased with it.

BTW: does anybody know what the name of the songartists is? I wanna go looking for the OST of the anime, I just HAVE to get my hands on it.
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-29, 05:33   Link #77
kiry

Maybe I'm getting too old for this...

For several years now, I have been suspicious of the brainstorming methods used by the anime creators of major studios... and this show has confirmed my suspicions: the writers wander the streets, asking each crackhead bum they pass to give an answer to genre- specific MAD LIBS! How else could they have come up with evil bull busses and arrows that need to be superpowered by tattoos? Of course, I'll watch the entire series anyway.
kiry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-04, 20:55   Link #78
CorneredAngel

Send a message via AIM to CorneredAngel
*Thought* there was something familiar about Bocca's character design! Taking a look at the staff list, wow, this is awesome - the character designer, Shinya Hasegawa, also did the designs for Utena! Plus Hiroyuki Yamaga, of everything Evangelion, is credited with planning

Also, am I the only person out there who thinks that Hole/Hor looks like a *really* demented Basara?...(or a slightly more demented than usual Mido Ban?). Which is *also* highly amusing, because he's voiced by the same seyuu as Ginji... ^_^
CorneredAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 06:26   Link #79
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
I don't consider episode 1 to be a so-so start at all. I thought it did a proper job of setting out the story. It gave us one of those bullfights, we got to see the arrow thing and the motorcycle, a sacrifice etc. I also thought Bocca was set up as a likable enough character - he is cute and very earnest.

Somehow the bullfight scenes remind me of Shoujo Kakumei Utena. It had to do with the way the scene was animated, the way the bus turned into a bull, the weapons coming out of people's bodies and I guess some of the music used. Something about the sacrifices is a bit like that show too.
it surely has a lot of the "Ultena feel". Episode 4 is great! and more Ultena stuff
Old 2004-05-07, 04:12   Link #80
babbito2k
annoying white bat

I just watched episode 3, which started off oddly - there is a gap in the time sequence between 2 and 3 IIRC - but made up ground as it went along.

The series is doing more and more of the symbolic stuff that reminds me of Utena. There were some neat things that didn't "make sense," like the scene in the hotel lobby, which is a weird place to administer first aid.

I didn't quite catch everything they threw out there but I liked it a lot.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote