AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-07-18, 16:32   Link #4261
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'll just wait for School Rumble Z and see if it makes a better manga end than SR.

$_$ $_$ $_$ <<< I agree on this part.
Old 2008-07-18, 16:51   Link #4262
Jinx626
Yo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSmoker View Post
if u read my comment again i taake a shot at USa as well, a man in rage is what kj created wit 283 >.<

Definitly no hostility towards the japs u guys r my heros for actuly developing intelectual animes and such like death note, code geass, one piece and SR!

I put the blame on Corporate buisness, the guys with Money $$$, and KJ for not carring more bout fans, its worse here in the states as u can see with the wars are declared by the $$$ makers not the ppl, same with this *uked up ending id say but SRZ could saave us all! so ill keep some faaith alive so take it easy aohige

every1 knows japs come up with the coolest shyt from games to computers, electronics anime? so CHILLax home boy,

PS aohige im pretty sure the SR fans in Japan r bashing KJ for ending the series in America, i mean wth did he do that for??? Makes no SENSE T_T

laziness and blind rage...yes, and im not racist i am Harimas distant cousin so i am half jap :P
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

Please read up on the meaning.

Back on topic: i am glad i didn't invest too heavily in this series. I can imagine the fans that have all the volumes to this series. I'd have a bonfire event if i were them. In regards to SRZ....not looking for too much out of the series.
Old 2008-07-18, 17:01   Link #4263
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx626 View Post
Back on topic: i am glad i didn't invest too heavily in this series. I can imagine the fans that have all the volumes to this series. I'd have a bonfire event if i were them.
They're probably having one outside of Shonen Magazine's offices as we speak
Old 2008-07-18, 17:09   Link #4264
UchihaCelis
Dai-Gurren Brigade Member

im kinda lost after reading the comments. whats exactly is school rumble z and where did people get this info from?? is it official?

p.s. is it just me or am i the only person that fears for this mans life after creating the s****est end to one one the best manga series ever created??

Last edited by UchihaCelis; 2008-07-18 at 17:43.
UchihaCelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 17:40   Link #4265
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

One word:

Fail

/end thread

/polishing the seat next to me on the "express to hell" for KJ
Old 2008-07-18, 18:06   Link #4266
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by redCloudJ7 View Post
Cowboy Bebop's ending is possibly the best ending to an anime ever.

I can't recall any other animes that even come close.
Spoiler:

[QUOTE=Freeter;1738714]Dude, you do know that 'jap' is a racist slur, right?

No i didnt

im Asian-American to but not japanese, i should be more aware of these things i suppose. But i think the focus shifting from School Rumble ending- to My ignorant ramble is a bit much

ill send Aohige an email :]

Last edited by CaptainSmoker; 2008-07-18 at 18:20.
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:12   Link #4267
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Send a message via AIM to -Ajax-
Freaking disaster, simple as that, god damn whoever is the root of this travesty. God damn him/her/them to hell and may their souls feel the worst torment it can offer.

Eri and Harima...it was so close we could taste it... god damn it. I'm not putting hope into this SRZ you all speak of, it will probably be a disappointment as well.
-Ajax- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:13   Link #4268
ryanvamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
About 2ch being quiet... that's total bull$#it.

Go to School Rumble SPOILER thread, it's all hell broken loose.
And don't bother looking at the newest one, they already went through 2 threads since it was first posted.
I don't know if you are looking at... oh I don't know, GRAPPLER BAKI thread or something, and it's not talking about School Rumble, thinking it's quiet? Well duh.

There's been 1500 posts in SR spoiler thread since the spoiler was posted. 1500, in 6 hours. Yeah, very quiet, isn't it?

This is total bull too.
You think us Japanese fans dont' bitch and send letters and such?
Just because you don't understand Japanese, and don't bother to go read Japanese blogs, forums, etc, doesn't mean we don't friggin speak out.
There are way, way, WAY more opinions voiced out in Japanese forums than here.
There's 4300+ total posts in this thread.
There's 558,000 posts in Japanese spoiler thread.
Well, I'd like to say a few things: I apologize for the way I wrote what I wanted to say: it's true that I have no idea of japanese's opinions regarding manga/anime, I just took a wild guess that, if a LOT of endings of anime/manga leave a lot to be desired, maybe, just MAYBE people from Japan (the only audience the mangakas actually cares about) didn't care enough to complain about them and set a precedent so authors stopped being so damn lazy with closing their stories. Your post tells me I'm wrong and I'm really glad about it. I was just feeling impotent because this is not the first time I see an english forum bitching (with really good reasons) about these kind of things and thinking to myself "it's just too bad the mangaka won't even know how much he has messed up".

Anyway, your answer was kind of aggresive, but I hope that through this post I can make you understand that I was talking out of ignorance, and didn't try for one sec to be offensive.

Finally, it's nice to know that the japanese fans care, and in the future if you don't mind since I do not speak japanese, I would like to ask you about things such as these since I've always been interested in mangas and animes's (and specially their respective endings) reception.

Thanks for clearing my doubts!

p.s: I can't say that I want the author to burn in hell since I did enjoy SR, I just wish he would say that this was all a joke and not an actual ending.
ryanvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:14   Link #4269
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Is anybody here with some common sense left that can tell me with as less fanboism as possible if he/she remembers another series ending so bad the fans are rioting like this (especially refering to aohiges report of 2ch)? Don't get me wrong SR is my fav series but I'm just curious if there were other cases like this and what the consequences were cause i don't and maybe i was lucky to follow mangas with mostly pleasant outcomes.

More important, you guys mistake shonen magazine or even the japanese readers (wtf are you thinking? ) for being the culprit. No freaking publisher would be as dumb as to force an author to finish a series this longlasting and popular within so few chapters, cause this is about reputation and therefor money as well. I've mentioned it many times before if there was someone who wanted to end it it's KJ all along.

Finally, let's just wait for the upcoming shonen magazine special release. Either way all in all SR was a good experience for me, it was countless hours of joy and entertainment vs like an hour of disappoinment, still sounds like a hell of a great deal huh? Of course I'd still be upset if SR Z is another disappoinment and i know the end of a series is important but you can't seriously think the fun one had with the manga is going to convert into disgust and despair since you can't turn back time, you already experienced a good time and nothing will change that, otherwise you wouldn't be posting in and reading this thread. So I say: Cherich the good times forget the bad!
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:23   Link #4270
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
So I say: Cherich the good times forget the bad!
Kind of hard to 'forget the bad' when the author leaves a HUGE plot thread dangling
Old 2008-07-18, 18:27   Link #4271
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Quote:
Is anybody here with some common sense left that can tell me with as less fanboism as possible if he/she remembers another series ending so bad the fans are rioting like this (especially refering to aohiges report of 2ch)? Don't get me wrong SR is my fav series but I'm just curious if there were other cases like this and what the consequences were cause i don't and maybe i was lucky to follow mangas with mostly pleasant outcomes.

More important, you guys mistake shonen magazine or even the japanese readers (wtf are you thinking? ) for being the culprit. No freaking publisher would be as dumb as to force an author to finish a series this longlasting and popular within so few chapters, cause this is about reputation and therefor money as well. I've mentioned it many times before if there was someone who wanted to end it it's KJ all along.

Finally, let's just wait for the upcoming shonen magazine special release. Either way all in all SR was a good experience for me, it was countless hours of joy and entertainment vs like an hour of disappoinment, still sounds like a hell of a great deal huh? Of course I'd still be upset if SR Z is another disappoinment and i know the end of a series is important but you can't seriously think the fun one had with the manga is going to convert into disgust and despair since you can't turn back time, you already experienced a good time and nothing will change that, otherwise you wouldn't be posting in and reading this thread. So I say: Cherich the good times forget the bad!
The problem is that this ending completely invalidates all those "good times" before, everything this series has been working towards has been destroyed and pushed aside, the only saving grace would be that SRZ would just be SR without Tenma. The only thing that has been resolved is the plot concerning Tenma, even though most of the series has been focusing on Harima, Eri, and Yakumo. A massive act of fail on a series that could have been one of the best.
Old 2008-07-18, 18:30   Link #4272
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Not to sund like a know-it-all, but I felt this series would end like that since watching the first TV series and realizing how hopelessly shallow, nearly obsessed and incredibly thickheaded most of the characters were.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:35   Link #4273
-Ajax-
Fanatical Kyon Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
Not to sund like a know-it-all, but I felt this series would end like that since watching the first TV series and realizing how hopelessly shallow, nearly obsessed and incredibly thickheaded most of the characters were.
Of course they were, its SR, they're like that for laughs, but beneath that you should have been able to see the main ones were actually very well made characters for the most part I don't know if KJ overwhelmed himself with all the people he tried to cover but the central characters were generally better than most.
Old 2008-07-18, 18:38   Link #4274
Freeter
beyond

Uh, whoever negged me, I didn't blame Jin's bad writing on the Japanese. I blamed it on Jin
Old 2008-07-18, 18:38   Link #4275
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Ichigo 100% had much more outcry, with faction wars, mainly due to the much higher reader count than School Rumble. It's not fair, of course, considering that Ichigo had a much more concise ending that wrapped the series up far better than SR did. But that's what happens when a very popular manga ends, and readers (of certain factions) don't get what they want.

SR just threw everything out the window, it's not even remotely comparable.
But as for rioting fans goes, Ichigo still takes the cake (in sheer number)
Old 2008-07-18, 18:42   Link #4276
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

SRZ is going to be another disaster. It'll bring peoples hopes up again and shoot it down with an Uzi. I give up on that bastard.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:53   Link #4277
CaptainSmoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Kind of hard to 'forget the bad' when the author leaves a HUGE plot thread dangling
If i were to tell a new person to SR the idiotic conclusion of the show of no Onigiri or Flag, how many ppl would watch this show? Watching it now value is at 0

The only reason its fans stayed was to continue the Onigiri-flag adventure hek the only fans SR has is ONIGIRI FLAG
CaptainSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:58   Link #4278
SkoolRumble4Ya

KJ and School Rumble are epic FAIL. I can't believe SR have a shitty ending. I shouldn't even watch SR in the beginning if it's gonna suck like this. I'm so depress right now and piss off at the same time. I guess I have no choice but to wait for the SR special but that one might be epic fail too. Damn I can't believe it.
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 19:07   Link #4279
Freeter
beyond

The sad thing about all this is, despite all the bitching, Jin still has the last laugh. Sure, his credibility as a manga author just got shot to hell, but who needs that when you got a cash cow in your back pocket? Tease the factions with an image here and there, then sit back and watch them buy Z in droves.

I just hope this doesn't 'inspire' other mangaka to follow his lead.
Old 2008-07-18, 19:14   Link #4280
AdventSleeper

All I'm hoping for is a new story (with no Tenma or Karasuma, maybe other characters as well) with Harima mainly as the lead in some "College Rumble" thing
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hige, ojou, school