AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-18, 13:00   Link #41
marvelB

Okay, I just finished reading the translation. Rayleigh confirms that he knows about the "Lost History", and interestingly enough, offers to tell Robin about it (naturally, she refuses). He also said that Roger didn't actually understand that language either, but mentioned that he had the ability to hear "the voice of all things". I wonder if that's Haki-related (perhaps even related to the "breath" thing with Zoro)? Most intriguing....

And I've gotta say I loved Luffy's reaction to Usopp asking Rayleigh about One Piece. After all, he's right: What's the fun in hunting for a legendary treasure if you know everything about it in advance? And considering that it was suggested that the crew split up for the following 3 days, we'll undoubtedly see some very interesting events take place...

As for Kizaru, I've gotta say that I love the guy even more now that I read the translation. His dialogue suggests to me that he's pretty laid back, like Aokiji is (I mean, he was pretty much more focused on looking for Sentoumaru than arresting pirates left-and-right). Heh, his match with Hawkins should be quite interesting indeed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn
How does that explain the destruction of one of those trees?

If Kizaru really does have a light-based power, then he probably concentrated the light into a beam and shot it at the grove with his kick. At least, that's my take on it for now....

Oh, and about Capone, I think his comment about surpassing the marine grunts in "military force" might actually be a hint to his power. After all, he is the captain of the Fire Tank pirates, is he not?
Old 2008-07-18, 13:04   Link #42
viperx116

Bonnie's ability kicksass.
Old 2008-07-18, 13:30   Link #43
kari-no-sugata

Interesting side note... It seems Luffy still doesn't know about Ace's execution. And now we gotta wait 3 days for the coating? Hmm...

Luffy's reaction to Ussop asking about One Piece was very interesting. Ditto for his ideas on what "Pirate King" actually means.

The various reactions of the other Supanovas to Kizaru's arrival is also interesting... as is the contrast between Kizaru's attitude and all low level pirates who see him
Old 2008-07-18, 14:43   Link #44
stigi

My guess is that since Luffy & co now split up, Zoro will go out and "run" into Kuma and literally kick his ass whilst the other supernovas is getting their ass handed to them by kuma.

Atleast that is what I hope for.
Old 2008-07-18, 14:51   Link #45
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
If Kizaru really does have a light-based power, then he probably concentrated the light into a beam and shot it at the grove with his kick. At least, that's my take on it for now....
Possible

They called Aokiji Blue Pheasant and he got no connections to a "blue pheasant" except his ice df's blue ice color.So if we use colors to define admirals :

Kizaru Yellow Monkey may be some df user with light,thunder,sun,air,flash,wind..also I just learned that yellow color is especially symbolizes courage in japan

Akainu Red Dog may be some admiral df fruit user related with blood,heat/fire,inferno,hell...

Not even sure if they all have df's of course..or if Pheasant's are as lazy as our Aokiji :P

Kizaru has some kind of monkey inside him I cant deny...His carefree and laidback attitude in a battlefield in this eposide made me laugh a lot.Maybe as much as a monkey which can be funny and carefree animal entire time

Since Dog is a vicious animal sometimes in his nature Akainu can be a bloody massacre typo guy and since red is an attractive and exciting color that awakes danger may be the answer why he never appeared yet.

Admiral theorycraft is fun
Old 2008-07-18, 16:44   Link #46
ShikaShika
無罪

I'm going to come out and say that the mystery man at the end is none other than Buggy (disguised obviously, since Luffy doesn't recognize him).

The only reason why is he uses "hade ni" just like Buggy did pretty much every sentence, and that's simply not common to hear. Then again Oda could have just put that in there to throw us off, because as is, the line just screams Buggy. Heck, Luffy not recognizing him could just be him not remembering Buggy (to Buggy's obvious dismay).

I'm not sure if this is as obvious if you rely mainly on translations so I thought I'd bring it up. Buggy is the only person I have ever heard in any manga that talks like that.

Any takers?
Old 2008-07-18, 17:14   Link #47
marvelB

I thought that line was just Usopp yelling at Luffy? The translations I've read definitely suggest that....

But as much as I do look forward to Buggy reappearing, I'm still leaning towards the mystery person being a new character.

Heh, there's one other little detail I forgot to mention: Did anyone check out Rayleigh's coating tools? It looks like he's going to coat Sunny using a gigantic paintbrush.

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-07-18 at 18:15.
Old 2008-07-18, 18:32   Link #48
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
interesting chapter...

i wander if the power that Rayleigh said roger had was a devil fruit power or something like mantra...

i was wandering about something what was the name of the guy that defeat moria first time, wasn't his name Kizaru !!?? or i am just mixing names ...

also it seems shanks know the full history along what One Piece is really are, but the interesting thing is what Rayleigh said that Robin and the rest could understand the lost history somehow different than them and the others.
also with each chapter i getting pretty sure that dragon was one of rogers nakama, but the only question is that if he was with roger his name should be known to the marines even before he start the revolutionary army, also i wander where Garp went !!?? didn't he say that he was going to handle Rayleigh matter.

about thew mystery guy at the end of the chapter it could be either the guy that kizaru is searching for or.... someone related to Ace and whitebeard that came to tell luffy about ace.

Last edited by airsBlue; 2008-07-18 at 18:43.
Old 2008-07-18, 20:49   Link #49
Monkey D. Luffy

^I'm sure that the one that defeated Moria was Kaidou, one of the four members of the Yonkou.

Something that stood out to me was what Rayleigh said Roger had "The power to hear the voice of all things." Whether it's something philosophical that Slivers was getting at more possibly a Devil fruit ability or even something above that like the haki spirit ability Rayleigh has shown, is definetly something I hope is revealed later on. The way Robin and Luffy both declined to possibly hear some revelations, it just what makes the Strawhats the crew they are.

Kizaru is great especially the way he seems to talk in the translation I read it seemed like he would lengthen the words, he looks like such a nice and calm person but what he did with that power of his proves otherwise. Hopefuly we get to see the confrontation between him and Hawkins, also some glimpse of what Capone does. The guy that approached Luffy could be anybody considering how Luffy reacted and the expression on his face, maybe it's the guy with the Axe that we saw a while ago. Or maybe that guy is the subordinate Kizaru is searching for, maybe it's a bounty hunter or someone in disguise, who knows.
Old 2008-07-18, 21:10   Link #50
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Awesome power of the paintbrush.
Old 2008-07-18, 22:26   Link #51
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post

Haha One Piece owns
Wait... but there's more!

The above actor that resembles Kizaru, Kunie Tanaka, played a character in one of the Truck Yarou movie series. Here's the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0Ygm2Fq70

The name of the mean yakuza man that drove this poor man off the road is "Borsalino II". It's played by Kunie Tanaka in his younger years.

As you can see, even his outfit (the striped suits) and the sunglasses are the same, as well as his name. And his face is the same in his older (current) years. It's plain obvious as the sky is blue, that Kunie Tanaka is the model of Kizaru.
Old 2008-07-18, 23:19   Link #52
ellifeedn
Thinker

I understand that Kizaru's design is based on a Japanese actor and a role he played. Is it the same with Aokiji? And is there a possibility of this for the other Admiral?
Old 2008-07-18, 23:32   Link #53
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I understand that Kizaru's design is based on a Japanese actor and a role he played. Is it the same with Aokiji? And is there a possibility of this for the other Admiral?
Not as obvious, but Aokiji has an uncanny resemblence to the late Yuusaku Matsuda in his lead role in Tantei Monogatari. The face is identical, and his outfits are similar. However, the name of the character was Kudou, so no relation there.
(as opposed to Kizaru's name being exactly the same as the actor's role)
Old 2008-07-19, 00:28   Link #54
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Wait... but there's more!

The above actor that resembles Kizaru, Kunie Tanaka, played a character in one of the Truck Yarou movie series. Here's the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx0Ygm2Fq70

The name of the mean yakuza man that drove this poor man off the road is "Borsalino II". It's played by Kunie Tanaka in his younger years.

As you can see, even his outfit (the striped suits) and the sunglasses are the same, as well as his name. And his face is the same in his older (current) years. It's plain obvious as the sky is blue, that Kunie Tanaka is the model of Kizaru.
I didn't know the Japanese made such absurd-looking movies. I have a lot of that made in my country, strange to see something like that from Japan.

Anyway, so, Borsalino was a Yakuza in love with the Italian mafia or actually the Italian mafia? The background music was coming from the spagetti westerns (the important missing parts are uh-and-ah's, I guess), or at least that is my impression on that music (and the only similarity that I can find related to Japan is the soundtrack from Ashita no Joe). The driver also has his own similarities with Ashita no joe.

I wanted to also check where I heard that name Borsalino. It is the name of the movie that stars Jean Paul Belmondo and Alain Delon. Must be quite a famous one for its time (considering their status at the time). (kind of like the answer of French to Cassidy and Kid)
Old 2008-07-19, 04:02   Link #55
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
I was wondering. So Shanks is in the New World? The place that all the current rookies are headed for?
Old 2008-07-19, 05:50   Link #56
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I thought that line was just Usopp yelling at Luffy? The translations I've read definitely suggest that....
Upon second glance you're most likely right, I should look at the actual pictures as well. Damn, I was looking forward to seeing Buggy too...
Old 2008-07-19, 06:11   Link #57
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That clip really reminded me of those old Bud Spencer / Terence Hill movies.

The chapter was interesting as usual, with the chat about the void century just making the whole thing more mysterious (including what was said about Roger). I loved Luffy's reaction to Usopp inquiring about One Piece, which in a way was similar to Robin's: wanting to find out by themselves. And Usopp's I'll-die-if-I-find-out-about-one-piece-disease in response. XD Not to mention Luffy's stance on what the pirate king is, which made a great impression on Shakky (and Rayleigh too probably).

Then there's silly Kizaru. He's a bit goofy, but very powerful. Perhaps he has some kind of cannon power, like being able to shoot off incredibly powerful cannonballs? It would fit in with the way he arrived.

As for the supernovas, I'm liking Apoo more and more, he went to take a look at the admiral like he said. Bonney's powers are now shown properly, very interesting and that could beat almost anyone in theory but we don't know the specifics of how it works. Does she use some sort of age beam or does she have to touch someone to do that? Plus, is it permanent or not? Hope they show what Bege did, he was totally surrounded and none of his men were in sight yet he claiming the opposite. Can he shrink/resize people for a surprise attack or something? Then there's Hawkins, who didn't seem worried. He might not have reason to worry if he simply answers Kizaru's question though, Kizaru seems like the type that would appreciate the cooperation and just go on and do what he was supposed to.

The guy standing in the SH's way at the end could be anyone... From Kizaru's subordinate to axe guy to whatever. By the way, I have a feeling that we won't see much more from Kid&Law's fight with Kuma, and that only show a glimpse of the aftermath will be shown. Which is a shame. But who knows. Anyway, the SH's have to survive 3 days with all marines on the lookout for them, including an admiral. And what the hell happened to Garp? They're definitely in trouble, action starting up again soon I'd say.
Old 2008-07-19, 10:54   Link #58
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoFreak1 View Post
I was wondering. So Shanks is in the New World? The place that all the current rookies are headed for?
Yes, Shanks is.
Old 2008-07-19, 12:39   Link #59
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Haha, so Tanaka Kunie is added to the mix. So how many have One Piece got now, as far as celebrities used as character templates for One Piece characters go?

I recall off the top of my head...

Aokiji = Yusaku Matsuda.
Django = Micheal Jackson.
Enel = Eminem.
Hawkins = Joey Jordison.
Spandam = Mick 'Mankind' Foley.

And I'm very confident I've seen either singers or actors who's sported the same look and style as Trafalgar and Rob Lucci.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2008-07-19, 12:57   Link #60
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Hey the CP9 entire cast reminded me of the show called Visionaries! Have you guys seen that?

Anyways, I am praying for the next chapter, hopefully we get some high profile fights started and we can end this build up stuff.
Closed Thread