Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-19, 18:50   Link #2681
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
the guren was not built with her in mind
it was built to be as good a weapon as can be made
she just happened to be the one to pilot it since lulu belived (rightfully) that she's the best pilot they have and could use it best
Old 2008-07-19, 19:46   Link #2682
lovecakecookies

I wonder what she is going to do that's "critical/essential for the plot" or whatever it said.. btw where was that said anyway? anyone have the source?? I hate that shes captured... I was always hoping it was a rumor
lovecakecookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 23:18   Link #2683
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
I wonder what she is going to do that's "critical/essential for the plot" or whatever it said.. btw where was that said anyway?
It was said in one of the magazines where Lelouch's "bound" with each girl (or at elast Shirley, Kallen and C.C.) was mentioned. you can find it here:

http://koshimizu.livejournal.com/2645.html#cutid1

I suppose it's interesting that she's called an "essential character" in relation with her bound to Lelouch. But as for what it means, it can mean several things.

Some have suggested that it might be because she's one of Lelouch's few remaining "brakes" (he went batshit when Shirely died and there was no one around to calm his anger or stop him from unleashing his full fury upon the Geass-cult).
Some have suggested that it might be because she's Lelouch's knight/protector.
Some have suggested that it is because it might be her who tells Nunnally the truth about Lelouch being Zero.
Some have suggested that if she switches sides, she's going to be an essential character as his enemy, sorta.
Some have suggested that perhaps it simply means that her importance in the plot goes beyond her bounds to Lelouch, or perhaps that the story as it goes won't allow her to have any bound with Lelouch or even destroy them somehow.

And so on.. but no one knows yet. Perhaps we won't even know until the end, because it might not be a single action or role of hers that will tell us how she's an essential character, other than the sum of her actions at the end...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 23:35   Link #2684
lovecakecookies

@ DarkLordOfkichiku
Aha...oh thanks!!.... I see... the bonds part... interesting...I wonder which one it will be...
Old 2008-07-19, 23:58   Link #2685
Silver Soul
Banned

I don't see it
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 23:59   Link #2686
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
I don't see it
Her being an essential character, you mean?
Old 2008-07-20, 00:09   Link #2687
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Her being an essential character, you mean?

Eh! Whatever, as long as she's in her Guren and not hogging screen time I'll be alright, just barely though and I'm guessing what all fans want from her
Old 2008-07-20, 00:11   Link #2688
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:

Eh! Whatever, as long as she's in her Guren and not hogging screen time I'll be alright, just barely though and I'm guessing what all fans want from her

I suppose you're more or less right about that; most of us like her the best kicking ass in the guren. Still, we'll see what role she may or may not play
Old 2008-07-20, 00:12   Link #2689
Var
Banned

Quote:

It's more or less guaranteed that you'll be disappointed, her development will put her on screen for something important and likely pivotol to the plot. You don't keep stringing along a characters developments through other character-centric episodes if you don't plan on using it.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 00:16   Link #2690
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It's more or less guaranteed that you'll be disappointed, her development will put her on screen for something important and likely pivotol to the plot. You don't keep stringing along a characters developments through other character-centric episodes if you don't plan on using it.
So says you at this point I actually want to see her get injected (which probably won't happen) it would actually make her character more interesting in my book
Old 2008-07-20, 00:18   Link #2691
Var
Banned

Quote:
So says you at this point I actually want to see her get injected (which probably won't happen) it would actually make her character more interesting in my book
Not sure what injecting would do to change what I said, if not make it even more blatantly obvious. It will happen, that is how stories work. Unless you expect them to just completely forget about the first 1/2 of the season?
Old 2008-07-20, 00:25   Link #2692
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Even if that by definition would make Suzaku a more evil/Lelouch-like character, which if I get it correctly is something you don't want to happen?
Old 2008-07-20, 00:33   Link #2693
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Even if that by definition would make Suzaku a more evil/Lelouch-like character, which if I get it correctly is something you don't want to happen?
I'm not sure which is worst at this point
Old 2008-07-20, 04:09   Link #2694
bran
h e a d s h o t

meeh..at this point i want any kind of action around kallen
i'm so tired of her being captured since she's one of my most favourite characters
just want her kicking ass in her guren even if it's on britannia side
it's still some kind of development
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 04:10   Link #2695
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
meeh..at this point i want any kind of action around kallen
i'm so tired of her being captured since she's one of my most favourite characters
just want her kicking ass in her guren even if it's on britannia side
it's still some kind of development
I know how you feel.. Maybe she's out next episode, but they will most likely drag it one more
Old 2008-07-20, 04:43   Link #2696
Diedrupo

Quote:
For Cornelia that anger was directed at the Geass and the Cult. Likely because she uncovered the truth.
Her anger is still directed at Zero as well, because geass or not, Euphemia's death was avoidable.

Quote:
For Suzaku that anger was directed at Lelouch because he only knew part of the truth.
Part of the truth? Here's 100% truth: Lelouch killed Euphemia. It doesn't matter what his reasons or justification were, that is the only reason Suzaku hates him. He doesn't hate him for what happened to Shirley.

Quote:
For Kallen it will be the same, Refrain is what she hates most, she will despise the person who put it in front of her.
So she may brush it off, but she will not remain on similar terms with Suzaku.
This is just another assumption on your part. It is not mentioned anywhere that refrain is what Kallen hates the most. She was disgusted at refrain in a couple earlier eps, but that was only to serve the plot. And besides, Suzaku ended up not doing it.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 04:47   Link #2697
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
This is just another assumption on your part. It is not mentioned anywhere that refrain is what Kallen hates the most. She was disgusted at refrain in a couple earlier eps, but that was only to serve the plot. And besides, Suzaku ended up not doing it.
Did you miss Season 1? Its established that she hates that drug more than anything as it ruined her family.

As for Suzaku: If I point a gun at you after assaulting you, then decide, that its beneath me, are you going to like being near me? I doubt it.
Old 2008-07-20, 08:07   Link #2698
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Did you miss Season 1? Its established that she hates that drug more than anything as it ruined her family.

As for Suzaku: If I point a gun at you after assaulting you, then decide, that its beneath me, are you going to like being near me? I doubt it.
Wow like this is the first time one of them tried to harm the other?

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 14:05   Link #2699
Aquaman OS

So..... nothing happened. Well Suzaku punched her but that didn't seem to hurt her much.

Speaking of that does Kallen have abs of steel or something? This is the 2nd time Suzaku's struck her in the stomach with her doing little more than stumbling back and then being completely fine afterwards.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 14:41   Link #2700
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

She's a proficient fighter, she can take a punch to the gut.