AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-25, 12:20   Link #41
marvelB

Oh yeah, there was an interesting thing I forgot to point out: This is the first chapter where we see Urouge WITHOUT a constant grin on his face. Nice to know that he doesn't have the same expression frozen on his face like Wanze...

And... yeah, I'm still waiting for an update on Kidd/Law/Killer vs. Kuma A.
Old 2008-07-25, 12:24   Link #42
Fyria

Damn almost forgot Battle raging at Grove 2, Kidd/Law vs Kuma A.

Isle of Carnage indeed.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:25   Link #43
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Strawhats run into a clone of their own, and Zoro notices he's different somehow. And at the end the axe guy is revealed to be Sentamarou, Kizaru's cousin. Probably no pushover himself.
Not literally cousin - translation error there.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:30   Link #44
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yep, I checked out the whole chapter, too. I I loved how both Luffy and Chopper were dazzled by the Kuma clone's beam. Still, I have the feeling that this Pacifista will be taken out pretty quickly, especially if the whole crew's going all-out on him.
Yeah. That one may only last a short number of pages (probably not going to get a whole chapter dedicated to a single fight just yet). Then time for Sentoumaru to join in?

If Sentoumaru ends up fighting Luffy, maybe Kizaru will catch up to them after Sentoumaru is defeated? (Making Kizaru really pissed off...)
Old 2008-07-25, 13:53   Link #45
Crimson Reaper

Man all these Supernovas are great! I hope we'll see more of them in the future. The Kuma doubles were also interesting. I'm going to say they're just powerful robotic copies. And copies are never as strong as the original, the fact that two of them have been hit is proof of that. Still, even if they have 70% or even 80% of Kuma's power it's nothing to sniff at.
Old 2008-07-25, 13:58   Link #46
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

So it's oficial. Many new stuff in this chapter.

Capones devil fruit seems to be a shrink-shrink-fruit. Or is it fortress-fortress fruit? Anyway quite an interesting an practical one. Guess you can't shouldn't underestimate ANY of teh Supernovas.

Hawkins is just TOO cool for this world. Seems he uses Vodoo Dolls to take damage for him.

Drake was rear Admiral. A pretty high rank deserteur.

And Kizaru does use Light. He seems to be a Logia user who can turn hisbody into light (even concentrated light in form of a Laser beam). His "light speed kick" seems to be a technique where he turrns his leg into light and rematerialises it shortly before the impact.

This is going to get SO good. Can't wait fo next week.
Old 2008-07-25, 14:40   Link #47
Vree

Quote:
As for Sentoumaru, I'm still clinging to the possibility that he'll end up being the "final boss" for this storyline. I'd also think it would be pretty interesting if he weren't actually a marine, despite working under Kizaru. Maybe he's a powerful bounty hunter instead (besides, we've yet to see really strong bounty hunters in the story so far...).
Well here's a wild guess why that'd happen based on how he's worrying about "them" being destroyed before Kizaru arrives: if he's the one controlling the Kuma clones.
Old 2008-07-25, 17:16   Link #48
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Oh my god, the supernovas are sooooo cooooool. ;__________; <3

And is it just me, or does any one else really want Zoro's thriller bark secret to be revealed to the rest of the crew?!
Old 2008-07-25, 17:48   Link #49
marvelB

I'm still having doubts about Kizaru's fruit being a Logia-type... I mean, I know Blackbeard's fruit still made him vulnerable to physical attacks, but from how he described it, it seemed to be the only Logia fruit that still leaves the user vulnerable. I figure that Kizaru has a light-related Paramecia ability (hence why I refer to it as the "flash" fruit rather than plain ol' "light" fruit). Maybe we'll get more details on his power next chapter....

Oh, and speaking of DF powers, I think that Sentoumaru's axe is a DF weapon. You heard it from me first.
Old 2008-07-25, 17:58   Link #50
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I feel really great about this chapter, action packed, with strange and funny things appearing from beginning till end with high frequency.

Capone's ability is really great. Especially the way it was illustrated at the beginning as a capture from his inside was simply amazing. End result, enlarging mini Capone-soldiers. There was a cartoon, from long ago, (maybe) sports billy(?), kind of like that. But, Capone's ability is much cooler.

Apoo (and his men) hiding behind and watching Kizaru (and then others) with an amazed feeling. Simply funny. Reminded me a scene from one of the Scary Movie series, where one of the female characters was eating popcorn seriously, in front of the TV, even when the girl from the Ring was coming out of the TV.

Another good part. Hawkins measuring probabilities, and yet, acting cool enough to not let even someone like an Admiral bother him. And, his ability of extracting some kind of dolls from his body to defend against such powerful attacks is definitely great. Great enough to even shock Kizaru.

Oh, and I feel exactly like Zoro (just a wild guess, not the truth). Those Kuma clones give the feeling of nothing more than a wasteable product.
Old 2008-07-25, 19:41   Link #51
chitgoks

hawkins looked so small when kizaru was standing in front of him
Old 2008-07-25, 20:24   Link #52
Monkey D. Luffy

^Yeah we hadn't really had an initial look at his exact height because of the angels he was drawn but he appears to be really tall, like Aokiji.

It also looks like there is more to Kizaru's ability since it seems that he was the one causing those guys to fall over without being touched, maybe it might have something to do with mass/energy equivalence which would give Oda so many ways to expand on the abilities of Kizaru.

It's not looking good for Drake, Urouge and Hawkins but they might be able to make it or manage to escape since I think Kizaru is the major threat there. All we need now is for Apoo to get confronted and him and Killer to reveal an ability to see all of the Supernova in action and Sentoumaru is still out there waiting for a move.

We'll also be able to see really how good these Kuma's are, now that the Strawhats are about to attack one.
Old 2008-07-25, 20:31   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey D. Luffy View Post
It also looks like there is more to Kizaru's ability since it seems that he was the one causing those guys to fall over without being touched, maybe it might have something to do with mass/energy equivalence which would give Oda so many ways to expand on the abilities of Kizaru.

If you're talking about those random pirates getting hurt by Kizaru's attacks, that was actually caused by Hawkin's voodoo dolls. It's pretty clear that he was using them to block Kizaru's beams, but they were still strong enough to harm him, anyhow....
Old 2008-07-25, 21:44   Link #54
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
If you're talking about those random pirates getting hurt by Kizaru's attacks, that was actually caused by Hawkin's voodoo dolls. It's pretty clear that he was using them to block Kizaru's beams, but they were still strong enough to harm him, anyhow....
Yeah, I was more or less referring to the actual damage taken by them which it appeared could of been done from the mass/energy long range capabilities that some of Kizaru's attacks seem to have. When Hawkins revealed the charred voodoo dolls it made much more sense.
Old 2008-07-26, 01:47   Link #55
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
hawkins looked so small when kizaru was standing in front of him
That's cuzz Kizaru is a big mutha......
Old 2008-07-26, 04:06   Link #56
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder how this ability works exactly.
Does it transfer the damage to random peopl, or does Hawkins need to have met them before, to prepare them?
A standard voodoo doll requires some piece of material that belongs to the "victim" of the doll, so I am going to assume, for now at least, that these voodoo dolls are similiar to real world voodoo dolls. Additionally, he mentioned that he couldn't face an Admiral with a "mere 10 men". "Men" in this case could either mean his voodoo dolls, or it could mean his crew. If it is his crew, that means that he uses them in order to transfer his damage to them (which sucks for his crew ), but he also needs to have his crew nearby or else he can not transfer the damage.

Still, he has a pretty cool ability. I hope we find out that it is a magical ability outside of the realm of Devil Fruits and Science.
Old 2008-07-26, 07:14   Link #57
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
A standard voodoo doll requires some piece of material that belongs to the "victim" of the doll, so I am going to assume, for now at least, that these voodoo dolls are similiar to real world voodoo dolls. Additionally, he mentioned that he couldn't face an Admiral with a "mere 10 men". "Men" in this case could either mean his voodoo dolls, or it could mean his crew. If it is his crew, that means that he uses them in order to transfer his damage to them (which sucks for his crew ), but he also needs to have his crew nearby or else he can not transfer the damage.
Looking at the line in Japanese, I'd translate it something like: Up against an "admiral", having just 10 bodies, is worrisome...

It's not 100% clear what he means by "10 bodies" (juu-tai), though "tai" can be a counter for "humanoid forms" (dolls, corpses, statues etc) so the intended meaning could well be "having just 10 [voodoo] dolls..."

I suspect he just chose some "random" victims for his voodoo dolls, not his crew, probably having to take a piece of them (possibly just part of their clothes) while walking around town. Though he does seem to have chosen only pirates.

Quote:
Still, he has a pretty cool ability. I hope we find out that it is a magical ability outside of the realm of Devil Fruits and Science.
I hope we see him go on the attack against Kizaru a bit at least.
Old 2008-07-26, 09:53   Link #58
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

I must admit that I saw Capone as one those random wasteable characters at first..Now he is one of my fav df's so far
Urouge's new form looks deadly too with the lowest bounty so far...
And hell if Hawkins can reflect incoming damage to people he wants..Say hi to new pirate king! Kinda reminds me of that Hidan from naruto...Vodoo is deadly stuff

Lesson I learnt from this chapter : Never -ever- underestimate characters of One Piece because of their low bounties
Old 2008-07-26, 12:18   Link #59
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrz View Post
Lesson I learnt from this chapter : Never -ever- underestimate characters of One Piece because of their low bounties
You couldn't have said it any better. Characters like Blackbeard and Chopper definitely prove your above statement to be true.

One thing that I would like to point out about this chapter is that these Kuma clones definitely seem to be significantly inferior to the real Kuma. They just don't appear to be as sturdy or intelligent. For example, Drake completely caught one of the Kuma clones off guard by smashing him into the wall with his mace and Franky's normal "coup de vent" pushed a Kuma clone into a mangrove tree fairly easily. In comparison to the real Kuma on thriller bark, Sanji's and Zoro's attacks didn't even phase Kuma in the slightest bit. But I feel it is a good thing that these Kuma clones are weaker than the real Kuma because otherwise they would be really overpowered and would be able to overwhelm anyone if they all worked together. Furthermore, considering that these Kuma's are clones, it means that the supernovas don't necessarily have to job to any of them, and if all the clones are defeated, it doesn't demean or hurt the real Kuma's reputation at all.
Old 2008-07-26, 12:30   Link #60
james0246

^well the real Kuma, and not the Pacifistas, has an amazing deflection ability, that let him bounce any attack back (as long as he saw the attack coming), so Drake's mace and Frank's "coup de vent" were able to hit these models specifically due to the fact that they do not have Kuma's uber-DF. That being said, I wouldn't be suprised if these Pacifistas were made of the exact same material and the exact same design as the Kuma we all know and love, but these "clones" are probably simply not as smart as Kuma, but besides that (and the lack of the defelction DF), they are exactly the same.
Closed Thread