Notices

Old 2004-04-24, 10:03   Link #41
Kouji
StrykerX

No all we need is for Inane to translate this one like they did with ch 212
Old 2004-04-24, 10:34   Link #42
GreyArea
Meatf***er

Just noticed something interesting too. When Ukon grabbed Kankurous second puppet, the face shatters, and turns into what looks very much like sand... bizarre. It didnt do that when he fought Tsurugi Mitsumi in the prelims, although I cant remember how it was shown in the anime.

Just wondering though, how does Kankurou keep an aromur of sand on his dolls? He doesnt have control of sand like Gaara does... or maybe Im looking into this too much
GreyArea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 10:58   Link #43
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyArea
When Sasuke finds out that the four sounds (who he considered strong - remember he fought them just before he left and they pretty much tipped him over into leaving) have been defeated by the genin troupe, I dont think he'll really care much about gettig to Orochimaru anymore; the thing that will pose most of the problem is his stubborness.
Ding-ding-ding, you hit the jackpot!

Quote:
Just noticed something interesting too. When Ukon grabbed Kankurous second puppet, the face shatters, and turns into what looks very much like sand... bizarre. It didnt do that when he fought Tsurugi Mitsumi in the prelims, although I cant remember how it was shown in the anime.
I thought in the whole Chuunin Exam arc Kankuro's puppets were made out of wood...

Quote:
Just wondering though, how does Kankurou keep an aromur of sand on his dolls? He doesnt have control of sand like Gaara does... or maybe Im looking into this too much
Maybe Garaa was nice enough to share some sand and teach him?
Still, Kankuro is the one always complaining that Armor of Sand takes up too much chakra, so it's hard to envision his using it...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 11:53   Link #44
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

Hm, at least in the anime, the doll had sand on the outside of it. Actually, in the manga they showed that as well, I'm sure of it. They showed it crack and fall off in his battle, and in the restroom. He's had it made of sand for a long time. It makes sense, afterall--he is a sand nin. And he can manipulate sand, that's not exclusive to Gaara. Remember how Kankurou made Naruto fall on his butt by pulling on the sand from under Naruto's feet?
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 11:57   Link #45
Asmedaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
Seems like a very interesting chapter. Next chapter should be good. Fights should be finishing up in the next couple of chapters too. It will be interesting to see how they all end. (And Gaara is going to kick ass )

Yeah, I agree the fights are going to come to a close in the next two chapters or so. I think the Naruto vs Sasuke...or whoever else joins battle will be uninterupted, mostly. That way they can talk and then fight...then talk some more...rinse and repeat.
Can't believe Tamari..sorry for the spelling broke the flute so easily. I hope that's not the end of the fight, but I guess it shows that sometimes the best plans of action or those that come out of instinct and not long drawn out thought process.
The next arc would have to deal with Itachi's obsession with Naruto in some ways, I would think. Since it was brought up and never explored, Oro arc will have to take a breezer and fade into the background for a bit. That way it gives the reader a few chapters, maybe a volume to see some other happenings in the world and it will make Oro arc seem fresh if it comes back. Unless, Sasuke will need to be freed from the curse, but that's getting a bit old.

Anyhow, my 2 cents
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 12:14   Link #46
realdeal
The Real Deal

Quote:
When Sasuke finds out that the four sounds (who he considered strong - remember he fought them just before he left and they pretty much tipped him over into leaving) have been defeated by the genin troupe, I dont think he'll really care much about gettig to Orochimaru anymore; the thing that will pose most of the problem is his stubborness.
Well he does recognise neji as strong so I think he'll forgive whoever lost to him..but shiki and chouji...
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 12:18   Link #47
rorosama

I thought ukon was really hurt and out of chakra. How's he still in level 2 form? Kiba will definetly be no help. Kankuro says he's so strong but if he'd fought them in full health he'd been dead before kiba.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 12:23   Link #48
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
Actually, in the manga they showed that as well, I'm sure of it. They showed it crack and fall off in his battle, and in the restroom. He's had it made of sand for a long time. It makes sense, afterall--he is a sand nin. And he can manipulate sand, that's not exclusive to Gaara.
I'm not sure about the anime, but in the manga the pieces that fell off of his doll seemed to be made of wood because of the size of each pieces and also how they don't desolve into sand particles afterwards.

Quote:
Remember how Kankurou made Naruto fall on his butt by pulling on the sand from under Naruto's feet?
I thought he shot a chakra string, stuck it to Naruto's leg, and merely pulled it. *shrugs* It would make sense though if Kankuro could manipulate sand...
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 12:50   Link #49
Asmedaus

Just wanted to mention that the translated version is out, not the best one, but it's something to hold people off.

I'm sure you guys can find it easily enough.

Nothing special, seems like most of the action will happen next chapter.
Asmedaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 13:28   Link #50
ayekappy

hmm

I'm pretty sure that since Shika was thinking about Tsunade in terms of the sand helping them, and the fact that Temari asks if he has lost his wit in the very next panel, coupled with the fact that they show Naruto in the next panel after Garaa says the sand owes Konoha, I believe it's safe to say that Tsunade told the sand siblings where Naruto and co were, but it was Naruto that made the sand siblings seek out the location of Naruto's friends specifically, since Naruto helped Garaa come to terms with his siblings / life.
ayekappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 13:32   Link #51
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, this was an interesting chapter. And the translation was good but not as good as Inane.
Old 2004-04-24, 13:43   Link #52
Gai-Kakashi

Having read the new scanlation, I think that Sakon is most definately dead.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 13:47   Link #53
badaboom
Some Nin

good one. Shame there is no naruto next week pfff
badaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 14:09   Link #54
Kisame Hoshigaki

it seems like Gaara and Kimimaro know each other, interesting.
Kisame Hoshigaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 14:18   Link #55
Muad'Dib
The Burninator

I hope he doesn't make Sakon able to reconstruct himself from something like that. That would be pretty stupid.

It's cool that Gaara and Kimimaro know each other. I'm looking forward to their future discussions and flashbacks spanning 3 volumes.
Muad'Dib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 14:42   Link #56
Kisame Hoshigaki

Quote:
I hope he doesn't make Sakon able to reconstruct himself from something like that. That would be pretty stupid.

It's cool that Gaara and Kimimaro know each other. I'm looking forward to their future discussions and flashbacks spanning 3 volumes.
heh, i wonder if kimimaro lost to gaara if they have met before, he doesn't seem all that surprised nor scared.
Kisame Hoshigaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 15:07   Link #57
Eshu
Junior Ninja

Isn't Gaara relitively well known? As far a ninja go. Also Remember Kimi is a sound nin. He's got the worlds best informant (kabuto and his kabillion ninja cards) working with him, so it's not like he'd be uninformed. Gaara didn't seem to reconize him, kimi just reconized gaara.

It should be interesting to watch Tamari and Shika takeing turns spanking the horny sound nin (forgive me I can't find her name at the moment), especally since she's fluteless.

I wonder if kiba is going to be out of action for a long time, as Rock lee was. it occured to me kankuro's got two puppets, so he should be able to handle ukon and co. It's kinda odd seeing someone acctually still injured for some time after a fight in a manga, not bad mind you, but odd, I guess I got used to everyone being ok three panels later.

Also, I have to wonder if Naruto's gonna run into Orochu or kabuto, I mean Oro's got his new body correct? which could mean he might come get sasuke, or he might send the Doc to do it.
Eshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 15:36   Link #58
Bronwen Stx
Did you say something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayekappy
I'm pretty sure that since Shika was thinking about Tsunade in terms of the sand helping them, and the fact that Temari asks if he has lost his wit in the very next panel, coupled with the fact that they show Naruto in the next panel after Garaa says the sand owes Konoha, I believe it's safe to say that Tsunade told the sand siblings where Naruto and co were, but it was Naruto that made the sand siblings seek out the location of Naruto's friends specifically, since Naruto helped Garaa come to terms with his siblings / life.
This is probably true, and that the sand siblings volunteered mostly because of Naruto and Gaara's debt to Naruto.

In any case, I like it. ^^ Anybody noticed the parallel between Naruto/Haku and Naruto/Gaara? In some ways, the situation they were in were very similar except this time, Naruto understood what he had to do - now Gaara and Naruto will be very best friends and they'll be talking about monsters and demons and frolick in the green grass. ^^ Fun. I suppose what I'm trying to say that if Haku were to stay alive, like Naruto had said, they would be friends, just like what could possibly become of Naruto and Gaara.
Bronwen Stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 16:23   Link #59
DJ*

They'd be a scary partnership.
Old 2004-04-24, 16:40   Link #60
ApoLLon
yondaime is da spirit!!!

i started to think shika and temari will be a good couple .
ApoLLon is offline   Reply With Quote