AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: CLANNAD TV (first season) Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 110 35.26%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 125 40.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 44 14.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 6.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.28%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-21, 13:14   Link #101
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I loved and enjoyed Clannad. It's animation quality astonished and kept me immersed in their world. The voice acting was excellent the emotion whether comedic, dramatic, sad, or casual consistently made each episode have just that much more affect on the viewer. I enjoyed where the story led us through several character's scenarios albeit some of them felt like they ended too quickly (Tomoyo's) or weren't explored as much as I would of wanted them to (the Fujibayashi twins). But I still enjoyed what was presented by Kyoto Animation but it is on the script that I'll dock a point for the aforementioned things. Overall the anime is awesome and I'm sure to watch it many more times in coming years and still get the same level of enjoyment out of it.

Animation Quality: 10
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 9

Looking forward to the After Story !
Old 2008-07-25, 20:03   Link #102
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Ah I just watched the whole series and I loved it, really sad though.

Animation : 10
Script : 9
Voice Actor : 10

Overall for me its a 9/10

I want to play the game but i just can't find it =[
Old 2008-07-26, 09:55   Link #103
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyswan View Post
Ah I just watched the whole series and I loved it, really sad though.
...I can only assume that you've never seen Air. Clannad might be emotional at times, but it's not a SAD story, all the stories they told ended well.
...Well, one could argue wether Fuko's story had a happy ending or not, but as they showed a few times later on, it's not like she was dead or anything.

But yeah, it was awesome. And I'd like to play the game too, but in my case, I can't because the translation-patch isn't finished yet.
Old 2008-07-26, 19:04   Link #104
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
...I can only assume that you've never seen Air. Clannad might be emotional at times, but it's not a SAD story, all the stories they told ended well.
Nope lol never seen Air but I'll check it out.
Old 2008-08-05, 10:25   Link #105
rogueblade

WARNING: LOTS AND LOTS OF TEXT.
Spoiler for Text walllllllllllllllllll:

Overall

I bloody well enjoyed it. I really think that's all that matters, at the end. Sure, it has it's faults, sure, Kanon was more powerful and direct, but Clannad is more believable and subtle in it's celebration of happiness. It's difficult to quantify it, but I'll go with a solid '9/10'. See you around for the after story.
Old 2008-08-06, 09:37   Link #106
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Animation Quality: 11 - i really liked the robot thingy. All anime should be animated at that level X(
Voice Actors: 10
Script: 8
Old 2008-08-11, 15:10   Link #107
CGraphics

I absolutely loved this anime, one of my favorites.
Old 2008-08-13, 06:54   Link #108
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGraphics View Post
I absolutely loved this anime, one of my favorites.
I came in expecting not much, came out very pleased with the experience overall.

Sunohara is superbly fabulous. All the girls were interesting and fun in their own way, except Ryou. Fuko is the best inept starfish astral projection ninja I have ever seen and her episodes touched me.

Tomoyo is superior, but Nagisa and Okazaki are very sweet.

The last episode bothered me because I didn't think Okazaki would be such a thoughless chump. Clock that shrimpy bastard and support her instead of buying that crap he sprouts! Argh, I guess even the mightiest of trolls fail at times.
Old 2008-08-15, 11:25   Link #109
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
I just finished the series last night, and I loved it.

I'm not one for "harem" anime usually, and I've been shy of shows based on galge in the past. I checked this one out because a friend recommended it to me, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Spoiler for I talk too much.:

Overall, I don't think that "harem" is a good description of this show. It delivered what it promised - a heartwarming story that teaches you the importance of family and friends. The development of both male and female leads showed that very well, I think. Can't wait for the sequel now.
Old 2008-08-18, 13:53   Link #110
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X

9/10... it was good and i liked it

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
Old 2008-08-24, 11:47   Link #111
Harimo Haria

I feel Clannad is easily the best of the 3 Key series. I absolutely love every single one of the characters, it's hilarious and it has that romantic touch that perfects it. 10/10.
Old 2008-10-08, 12:52   Link #112
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Gave it an 8. Kotomi's arc dragged it down for me, after a spectacular opening Fuko arc, and tear-jerker final Nagisa arc with Akio GARness. Splendid music, and generally cohesive and likable cast.
Old 2008-10-14, 06:38   Link #113
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
I rated it 6 (Average). I don't know, I think it's a good story and I kind of like the characters and it really gets hilarious at times but that's it. Very watchable but lacks excitement, for me at least.

I liked it, but I feel it gets far more credit than it deserves...

Last edited by Mega-Japan; 2008-10-14 at 06:57.
Old 2008-10-14, 12:14   Link #114
Lirael

Send a message via MSN to Lirael
* General impression of the series.
Well, at first I was a bit skeptical, having heard things about Tomoya that I won't repeat out of fear of spoiling the plot! But once I'd actually started watching it, I found I really enjoyed it. I'd seen the film beforehand so had some idea about where Nagisa's story was heading, but Fuko and Kotomi were totally different characters to me; I didn't know what to expect from them! (or any of the others) I actually found their stories to be the most heart-warming, probably 'cause I knew what to expect from Nagisa!

* Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
Well, I've said a lot about that above... I liked the fact there were different arcs and felt they were all handled very well, and in a perfect order. Fuko's arc was a good start, but I do wish they had used her a little more effectively for the rest of the anime! And I think it would have been better if Nagisa had remembered her too. >_< I liked the writing, and thought a lot of the lines were very poetic...Mm, it was all very good.

* Thoughts about the animation quality.
At first I didn't really think the animation was all that good...I had preferred the style of the animation in the movie and didn't really understand how people could claim that the movie was worse. However, this opinion quickly changed and I began to highly prefer the softer animtion style in the anime itself. It was simple most of the time, but there were moments when something beautifully artistic was added. That made it all the better.

* Will there be additional DVD only episodes and what will they contain.
Um...I don't know. :P

* How did the anime compare with the game?
I haven't played the game, but would like to...Does anyone know whether it's possible to get English on it?

* Characters/Character Design
I thought this was flawless...Ok, Tomoya's design was a bit cliche, but I still felt the designs were handled well. I was a bit confused between Tomoyo and the purple haired girl (whose name I can't remember; NOT Kotomi) for about a quarter of the series. :P

* What the show meant to you.
I found it all to be very inspiring actually, and it's become one of my favourites to date.

* What could the creators/animators/writers could have done better.
I didn't like the filler eps and felt they spent a little too much time dragging out Nagisa's arc.
Old 2008-10-25, 13:25   Link #115
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

K.... just finished watching this series and gotta say... WOW.... it was definitively NOT what I was expecting, it was a lot better! There were lots of great characters and good comedy to break the tension during "emotionally heavy moments"

Things I liked:

-- I liked how they made of this series "NOT another harem" fan service anime... I mean .. don't get me wrong, I do enjoy fan service but the plot in Clannad was definitively refreshing...

-- I loved Nagisa's dad's personality... dam .. this guy was absolutely awesome every time he was given airtime ... and in ep 20 (I guess) I loved when he tells his wife "Did you fall in love with me all over again?" ... and her wife says yes .. or something along those lines and then he applies the same move on Nagisa after Okazaki connects a hit ... totally priceless There were many other cool moments with this guy but I would end up writing a whole narrative of the series here.. so I won't say anymore ..

-- Tomoyo and Kyou were very enjoyable characters.... I loved the fact that they were strong as hell AND were not stupid when it came to matters of love, I mean both immediately understood that Okazaki chose Nagisa after seeing his reaction during the tennis match when Nagisa got hurt...

-- -- -- I ALSO liked the cool odd moments and the music that was used during those moments.. for instance... I loved the time when Okasaki got locked up in the storage room with Kyou ... ahaha ... she totally thought that Okasaki was going to take her virginity there ... lol ... Another cool scene was the opening when Nagisa wanted to speak to Ryou and she thought Nagisa was going "Lesbian" on her... lol .... ... and another equally funny moment happened when Okasaki assumed that Sunohara's sister was in love with her brother ... big lol moments there

Things I disliked:

-- I didn't like the fact that during several eps they made Fuko an important character and all of the sudden everyone forgot about her to move to other arcs and she occasionally kept popping up...

-- I didn't like the fact that there was no kiss to close the deal between Nagisa and Okasaki.... I mean, after so much infatuation ... no kiss??

-- I didn't like that ep 24 (Tomoyo lil episode) ... I feel they shouldn't have made that "preview" or ep or whatever ... I mean it was truly painful. I know they probably offered this alternative ending to sorta show what Okazaki's future would have been like If he would have chosen Tomoyo but still that was too sad and I felt I didn't really need to see this sad alternative story... not after such nice ending with Nagisa on ep 23....

My Fave Characters:

-- Tomoyo/Kyou... supa strong and powerful machine gun-like kicks...Kyou was also cute and strong.. If I were Okazaki I'd be leaning towards these chicks....but hey! thats me...
-- Nagisa ... this chick is soo cute and came a long way from where she started
-- Okazaki Tomoya ... definitively NOT a goose ball like most males in harem animes act ... very cool guy
-- Akio.... OMG whut a cooool dad!!! this guy was awesome every single time... I am not going to add more cause I could write a freaking novel about how great he was.
-- Furukawa Sanae ... very cool mom .. not to say she was also a total hottie!

P.S.

Might update this post after I watch the movie...
Old 2008-10-25, 13:31   Link #116
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I would recommend you not to watch the move until the entirety of the TV 2nd season is out, but whatever rocks your vote
Old 2008-10-26, 09:18   Link #117
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I would recommend you not to watch the move until the entirety of the TV 2nd season is out, but whatever rocks your vote
... dude .. I absolutely wish I would have read your post 6 hours ago... please don't tell me they are going to do the second season based on...... noooooooo NOOOOOOOOOO ... dam those Clannad writers making me so misserable!!!!! .. this is exactly why I like meaningless series like Bleach and Naruto.... dammit... now that I am hooked on Clannad I feel like I should watch the second season regardless of how devastated I'll be ....
Old 2008-10-26, 10:30   Link #118
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
... dude .. I absolutely wish I would have read your post 6 hours ago... please don't tell me they are going to do the second season based on...... noooooooo NOOOOOOOOOO ... dam those Clannad writers making me so misserable!!!!! .. this is exactly why I like meaningless series like Bleach and Naruto.... dammit... now that I am hooked on Clannad I feel like I should watch the second season regardless of how devastated I'll be ....
Uh... Clannad After Story can end at least 2 different ways, both not necessarily tied to the way the movie ended... heck none of us who have played the game even know how they'll end it, so you shouldn't make such a conclusion just yet.
Old 2008-10-26, 10:53   Link #119
Ottocycle

Uh...we are teetering dangerously close to spoiler territory...
Old 2008-10-26, 11:42   Link #120
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Uh... Clannad After Story can end at least 2 different ways, both not necessarily tied to the way the movie ended... heck none of us who have played the game even know how they'll end it, so you shouldn't make such a conclusion just yet.
I gottcha... I haven't completely assumed things may go that way but... all arrow point towards something like that .... I guess I will be participating in the episode threads as the episodes come out... I'll think of these threads as "Group THERAPY" .... I'll leave it at that cause as Humbug has said... escalating this conversation might send us into spoiler territory....
Closed Thread