Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-04-21, 08:48   Link #81
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
There's only one prediction u all need to know:

The Stanley Cup is coming to Philadelphia this year. GO FLYERS!
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 10:04   Link #82
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Did you watch the Flames vs. Canucks series?!

It's going to Calgary baby!!

/me runs off and buys tickets to games 3 and 4 of the Calgary vs. Detroit series...
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 18:54   Link #83
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
There's only one prediction u all need to know:

The Stanley Cup is coming to Philadelphia this year. GO FLYERS!
That would ALMOST be true...except that the LEafs are going to kick the flyers out of the second round.

GO LEAFS GO!

And to a certain extent, the Flames and The Habs

///_^
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 21:58   Link #84
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
That would ALMOST be true...except that the LEafs are going to kick the flyers out of the second round.

GO LEAFS GO!

And to a certain extent, the Flames and The Habs

///_^
I don't know... The Leafs were making quite a few stupid mistakes last night and were incredibly lucky that none of them resulted in any goals against them.
Old 2004-04-21, 22:59   Link #85
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I was so exasperated after seeing game 7 of Canucks vs Flames. Pity, Canucks managed to tie it up in the final 5 seconds of the game, but it was pointless because Flame's powerplay ended the overtime. Sigh, if Bertuzzi was here, I'd say the Canucks would've made it pass at least the 2nd round, if not the cup. I miss those hilarious NHL songs that some radio stations make (eg. The Fox), during the playoffs, to bad it's over now. They remixed "Electric Avenue", and sang "We're going to rock down to the Stanley cup with you; the Calgary Flames Suck"...Amusing to say the least. Oh well...I still got my money (nothing much, only $50) on Avalanche (even though I don't really like them, but I think they'll win the cup). So...uh...go Colorado Avalanche! Kill some Sharks!
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 19:24   Link #86
Iron Monkey

Well, I'm back for my round two predictions. Heh, have to make this quick, cuz the Calgary/Detroit game's about to start. Again I'm gonna say that these predictions are a mix of what I think will happen and what I want to happen (well, mainly just the stuff concerning the Flames will be what I want to happen)

Western Conference:

Detroit Red Wings vs. Calgary Flames:
I know that no one is giving the Flames a chance at all. In fact, there are many who predict a sweep. And who can blame them? I mean, the Wings are a hockey powerhouse. They have 34 stanley cup rings in their dressing room, and Brett Hull has 19 more playoff goals than the whole Flames team combined. So yeah, on paper, the Red Wings look like they will trounce the Flames, no problem. But hey, I'm a Flames fan, and I'm not gonna bet against my team. Here's what I think will be the keys to success for the Flames:
1.) They are faster and younger, thus they will have to outskate the Red Wings.
2.) They work hard, thus they have to win battles along the boards, as well as get traffic to the net.
3.) Kipprosoff and Iginla will have to come up huge again, with support players like Gelinas, Conroy, Clark, and Lombardi chipping in some timely goals.
4.) Their dump and chase should still work, as I think Cujo's a somewhat weak puckhandler.
So in the end, I'm gonna predict Flames in 7.

San Hose Sharks vs. Colorado Avalanche:
Hmm, I've seen many analysts going with the Avs in this series, and I guess I did underestimate both teams in the first round. I really like San Hose's team chemistry, and they have four very strong lines, and a hot goalie. But then, the Av's superstars have stepped it up for the post season. This one's a toughie. In the end, I still like the Shark's team overall.
Thus, I'm gonna say Sharks in 7.

Eastern Conference:

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens:
I still think Tampa's gonna come out of the East as the Eastern conference champs. They got by the Isle's pretty easily, even when LeCavalier hasn't been producing. I look to St. Louis, Modin, and Fedetenko to continue their strong play, with LeCavalier to have a better series. I don't think Theodore can hanle Tampa's high powered offence.
The Lightning in 6.

Philadelphia Flyers vs. Toronto Maple Leafs:
Hmm, I think this series is gonna be very physical. I think the Leafs can steal a couple games on the strength of Belfour, but overall, I think Philly has a better team who can get more traffic in front of the net better than the Sens could. Esche as emerged as steady playoff goalie, thus I don't think they have to worry as much about goaltending.
Flyers in 6.

Aight, so I'm off to watch the Flames game. Let me end this by saying: GO FLAMES GO!!!
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 07:31   Link #87
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Send a message via AIM to GungFuFury
hahahaha FLYERS ROCKED TORONTO with a 3-1 win...... hahaahahahha i love it... FLYERS ALL the way to the FINALS!!!! :fingers:

haahaha sorry if i offended any toronto fans... but cmon... flyers were too good last nite
GungFuFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-23, 10:11   Link #88
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Yeah! FLAMES WON!!

/me does the happy dance infront of all the Detroit fans.

It was a good game but after watching the Calgary vs. Vancouver series it was kinda... slow. Oh well, this week's lotto jackpot is $30,000,000 and tickets for games 3 and 4 go on sale today, so things are looking pretty good.

/me clutches the ticket he hopes will win but knows will lose.
Old 2004-04-23, 23:32   Link #89
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by GungFuFury
hahahaha FLYERS ROCKED TORONTO with a 3-1 win...... hahaahahahha i love it... FLYERS ALL the way to the FINALS!!!! :fingers:

haahaha sorry if i offended any toronto fans... but cmon... flyers were too good last nite
They weren't playing THAT amazing, it's just that Toronto wasn't that great (except 2nd period more or less).

Blah, Leafs, Habs AND Avs lost their first game. Don't be surprised if me and ElvenPath start getting grumpy(er?) and start banning people.

*eyes GungFuFury*

p.s. At least Flames won...
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 03:44   Link #90
anime_luver

Send a message via MSN to anime_luver
leafs only lost because they were still tired from playing the sens and because they were probably partying jus a little because of eddie's birthday (39 eddie!). i think they will do better on sunday.

go leafs go!!
anime_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 09:14   Link #91
Drunken_Boxer
o.0

Send a message via MSN to Drunken_Boxer
no worries about Habs loosing first game. the first game of the seires don't matter THAT much.

id brag about the habs and such but im supersticious when it comes to sports.
Drunken_Boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 18:06   Link #92
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

It looks like the Habs are on the verge of losing game 2, Lightning are leading them 3-1 in the 3rd period.

Avs defintely need to rebound vs the Sharks tommorow, we CANNOT lose game 3.
Old 2004-04-26, 07:24   Link #93
GungFuFury
hungry hungry hippo

Send a message via AIM to GungFuFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
They weren't playing THAT amazing, it's just that Toronto wasn't that great (except 2nd period more or less).

Blah, Leafs, Habs AND Avs lost their first game. Don't be surprised if me and ElvenPath start getting grumpy(er?) and start banning people.

*eyes GungFuFury*

p.s. At least Flames won...

well.... Flyers did it again... at this rate Flyers will go all the way... cause if Esche keeps this up... and the Flyers offense keeps goin... theres just no stopping them... and please dont ban me... hahaha and also... dont u find it funny that both Brashear and Domi scored? the two enforcers... haha
GungFuFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 13:22   Link #94
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by GungFuFury
well.... Flyers did it again... at this rate Flyers will go all the way... cause if Esche keeps this up... and the Flyers offense keeps goin... theres just no stopping them... and please dont ban me... hahaha and also... dont u find it funny that both Brashear and Domi scored? the two enforcers... haha
Flyers all the way baby!
Flyers PWN joo and everyone else in here... Bow down and worship the Broadstreet Bullies of the Cheesesteak city of Brotherly Love.
Kneel I say! Kneel!!!!
Old 2004-04-27, 13:30   Link #95
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

What's happening to the Avs? We lost the division title by one point to the Canunks and now we're on the brink of elimination from the playoffs. I doubt we'll be able to rebound in game 4 vs the Sharks.
Old 2004-04-27, 13:44   Link #96
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Come on Calgary!!

The only series of the round that's not 2-0 or 3-0!!

Woo!
Old 2004-04-27, 22:02   Link #97
<^UmAyR^>
Naruto Sensei

Im a huge fan of the leafs and the avs, if avs dont win the next match against San jose, then they can just say adios to the stanley cup
<^UmAyR^> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 22:06   Link #98
Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
Flyers all the way baby!
Flyers PWN joo and everyone else in here... Bow down and worship the Broadstreet Bullies of the Cheesesteak city of Brotherly Love.
Kneel I say! Kneel!!!!
The leafs will knock them out

Go Leafs Go
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-27, 22:29   Link #99
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution
The leafs will knock them out

Go Leafs Go
I am going to love making fun of you and Dranz once the Flyers kick the Leafs out of the playoffs... lol
Old 2004-04-27, 22:42   Link #100
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvenPath
It looks like the Habs are on the verge of losing game 2, Lightning are leading them 3-1 in the 3rd period.

Avs defintely need to rebound vs the Sharks tommorow, we CANNOT lose game 3.

now we're like dead.. dammit the Lightning didn't deserve that one at least though. Sheesh.. the winning point on Teo's skate.. One game remains..

Tags
2010, hockey, nhl, playoffs, stanley cup