AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-08-20, 03:13   Link #301
feRfe

This show is awesome. And the Arita Shion bit is cute as hell. arita shion de arimassssu~
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 04:51   Link #302
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep7:
Old 2008-08-20, 08:59   Link #303
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Best part of episode 07 by far was the return of Arita Shion de arimassssuuu~

I need that as my ringtone.

Anyway, this thread needs more fanart.

Old 2008-08-20, 10:04   Link #304
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Hey has anyone gotten their hands on any figurines from the new Birdy?

I went to Otokon 2 weeks ago and saw someone doing a pretty damn good cosplay of her. Im trying to find the picture but im having no luck at the moment.
Old 2008-08-20, 13:36   Link #305
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Well this goes to show that you shouldn't go and hug your robots . Artificial intelligence, it will kill us all someday. Some kind of tragic joke with that marionette getting loose and going around hugging to death anything resembling that woman. I'm sure it was a tough situation for Birdy. Since her view on robotic life would be far different to Senkawa. Guy is still pretty dense in he missed the mood.

Thought it would be the Riunka going around doing the killing, but instead she was taking dips in the pool. Still the situation there is getting more dangerous and time is running out.
Yea I don't hate the guy quite as much as DKZ does, but I genuinely felt the urge to kill him when he butted in after the fight...Get a clue jerk geez.

Meh other then that I quite enjoyed the episode...This show started strong then kinda went off on a tangent in outer space, but now that were earthbound once more the story seems to be progressing enjoyably...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 14:09   Link #306
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I agree, the mood is definitely coming back with ep 7. It feels that we are getting somewhere with the story and the "overall" picture.
And Senkawa...just kill the bugger already, he isn't learning a thing -_____-

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 01:40   Link #307
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I agree, the mood is definitely coming back with ep 7. It feels that we are getting somewhere with the story and the "overall" picture.
And Senkawa...just kill the bugger already, he isn't learning a thing -_____-
Already tried killing him remember ? Not sure if its had any positive effect on his personality.
Old 2008-08-21, 03:44   Link #308
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Arita Shion! Please come to my house and drink my beer. I won't do anything afterwards, I promise~! ;]

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 07:29   Link #309
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Nothing to special about episde 7 but we did get to see the return of the incredible cute Arita Shion de arimassssu! and it turns out shes a freakin light weight holy crap one beer and she was down for the count. Feels like we are starting to get moving a little on the story which is great i was fearing they would spend too much time on the comedy side and not leave enough time for the main story progression. I was convienced that the killings were being carried out by Riunka but it was another damn AI robot dont we humans ever learn AI is bad.

Senkawa has managed to get slightly annoying but i have not given up hope that his ballz will drop during the series and he will really start to act like Birdy's partner. Quality has dropped a bit but i expect to see it pick back up and right now its not so horrible.

Still best thing about the episode was Arita Shion in her idol clothes talk about smexiness and hawtness rolled into one package
Old 2008-08-21, 10:00   Link #310
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sexineess and hawtness in one package is like a dream for us otakus but hey this is anime we can deal with it hahaha

also when will senkawa be a bit more like a real partner he is really annoying me!!!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 11:27   Link #311
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
sexineess and hawtness in one package is like a dream for us otakus but hey this is anime we can deal with it hahaha

also when will senkawa be a bit more like a real partner he is really annoying me!!!!!
Dont worry he will step up to the plate maybe not enough for some and yes having it all in one package is nice oh and btw its SMEXINESS lol
Old 2008-08-21, 17:04   Link #312
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I do agree that Senkawa was annoying, as always. But, right after the fight when he butted in, that was fine.

I don't see how that was a tender moment. It was a machine that said "mama." Neither Birdy nor Senkawa know the backstory. They only saw a machine that says mama and hugs people to death. Sure it resembled a little girl, but oh well.

Senkawa kept his head level and was right that it would be useful. He was the one NOT getting emotional. And earlier in the episode he was also acting wiser than Birdy. He was the one who was telling her to make excuses to get out of drinking with his sister.

He's definitely seeming more logical now.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 17:21   Link #313
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Yeah, what's up with the Senkawa bashing? He didn't anything stupid, and you all know they're going to get together in the future
Besides, you can't kill off a character twice... That's just cruel.

So Birdy can change haircolour whenever she wants eh? And clothes too I'm assuming. How much more convenient can you get..

Finally, the main plot starts rolling.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 18:01   Link #314
X207
Gamyūsa

i just started to watch the old ova, 1 ep is left atm. does the current anime diverge in a mjor way from the old ova?

also by any chnace does it look like they'll continue on fron the old ova's plot or will that be covered in se2?

edit: wow they sure did change things in the remake i hope ther get back on track after ep5. so far im finding the '96 ova to be much better so far. its much more interesting to watch a plot to mutate ppl than search for a huge nuke.

has anyone read the alternate birdy manga (the one that has 19 vol so far)? if so does it even cover the stuff in the 1996 manga?

Last edited by X207; 2008-08-22 at 18:41.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 05:15   Link #315
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226 View Post
And earlier in the episode he was also acting wiser than Birdy.
Acting to be wise doesn't mean that he is wise.
And I hate people who try to act mature anyway (and who was it again that kept asking stupid questions a few eps back? ).

This is quite a personal thing so what I hate about him can't be a view taken by everyone, I just don't like his personality.

And after episode 8, you can add one more to the "to kill list"...that otaku glasses guy

ep 8
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 06:28   Link #317
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i remember noticing that, though never did search for the actually files. Good call.
Old 2008-08-24, 18:39   Link #318
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Ep8:
Old 2008-08-24, 20:20   Link #319
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Hopefully Shion talking about a strong opponent for Birdy is accurate. Been a while since we got a good fight for her.
All the people who want to see action like we did in the beginning should be happy to hear this. Makes you wonder who she was talking about though.
Old 2008-08-25, 08:14   Link #320
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for Ep. 8:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, sci-fi