Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-24, 14:40   Link #421
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
So.. Did they get Japan back afterall? -_-
Of course not. They just allied themselves with Britannia, I think.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 14:41   Link #422
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.

The whole, "destroy all lies" thing is completely meaningless to me, since everyone who cares and has cared so much about lies withholds information that would likely prevent the conflict in the first place. Not to mention the old: "Beware, when you fight monsters lest you become one yourself" is in full effect. I'm really beginning to fear that whatever the outcome of R2, it's just not going to matter, because just about everyone's a freakin sell out, or a hypocrite, or both.
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 14:42   Link #423
5_of_Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strettger View Post
Either way the Marriane/Lelouch reuinion is likely to be awesome and a tearjerker.

Can you almost see Lelouch finaly breaking down and crying now that he has lost everything and has his mother back?

*Can see Marrianya hugging a sobbing Lelouch in his minds eye*
I really hope that is the case.

Crossing my fingers that Marriane turns out to be a kinder woman. Otherwise Lelouch will crack even more when he finds his long-deceased mother back among the living and off the childhood pedestal he's erected in his mind.
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 14:43   Link #424
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
The whole, "destroy all lies" thing is completely meaningless to me, since everyone who cares and has cared so much about lies withholds information that would likely prevent the conflict in the first place. Not to mention the old: "Beware, when you fight monsters lest you become one yourself" is in full effect. I'm really beginning to fear that whatever the outcome of R2, it's just not going to matter, because just about everyone's a freakin sell out, or a hypocrite, or both.
Yep, Geass reflects the realworld quite well in the sell out, hypocrite or both department and nations becoming monstrous when fighting monstrous people....
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 14:46   Link #425
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
Maybe Charles was the only good guy by wanting to destroy such a world
Heck suzaku accused him of doing nothing
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:01   Link #426
Ypocaramel

Marriane does sound a lot like how Lelouch described her somewhere, though. Her voice is soft and kind of playful, but you can tell she's incredibly smart and has goals. Quite incredible, really.

The Vincent continues to be a deathtrap. First Guilford, the Valkyries, then Rolo, and now the Emperor's guard. You'll die in that thing, I guarantee it.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:07   Link #427
etothex

i know we are all (those of us who matter at least XD) biting our fingers about Kallen still sticking around, but here's something i caught, if you can disregard Toudou's awfully drawn face.

@16:37 on GG's. Bks all gathering in control room, but she's noticeably absent. So is she checking up on CC, or getting ready to run, or using missing CC as an excuse to run. Let's hope it leads to something next ep.
etothex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:08   Link #428
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strettger View Post
Either way the Marriane/Lelouch reuinion is likely to be awesome and a tearjerker.
More likely to be a "WTF?" moment, actually.

"If you only knew the true power of Geass...C.C. never told you what really happened to your mother."

"I know enough. I know that she was murdered in front of my eyes!"

"No, Lelouch...I am your mother."

"...What the f**k are you talking about, Anya?"

"No, really, I'm your mom. I used the Geass that I received from C.C. to place my consciousness inside Anya's body, and every now and then I take control of her body, like right now. Oh, and I went into the World of C and unsealed C.C.'s code."

"...." *Lelouch walks away*

(Kudos to the first person who gets the [fairly obvious, in my opinion, but potentially not] reference. Or maybe to the first three people. *shrugs*)
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:11   Link #429
5_of_Spades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
More likely to be a "WTF?" moment, actually.

"If you only knew the true power of Geass...C.C. never told you what really happened to your mother."

"I know enough. I know that she was murdered in front of my eyes!"

"No, Lelouch...I am your mother."

"...What the f**k are you talking about, Anya?"

"No, really, I'm your mom. I used the Geass that I received from C.C. to place my consciousness inside Anya's body, and every now and then I take control of her body, like right now. Oh, and I went into the World of C and unsealed C.C.'s code."

"...." *Lelouch walks away*

(Kudos to the first person who gets the [fairly obvious, in my opinion, but potentially not] reference. Or maybe to the first three people. *shrugs*)

"Lelouch...I AM YOUR MOTHER!" (insert rasping noise)
"NOOOOooooooooo!"
5_of_Spades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:12   Link #430
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5_of_Spades View Post
"Lelouch...I AM YOUR MOTHER!" (insert rasping noise)
"NOOOOooooooooo!"
Nyeheheh. XD
Old 2008-08-24, 15:13   Link #431
prototype_sky

So is Marriane geass the ability to take control of people?
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:30   Link #432
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
So is Marriane geass the ability to take control of people?
I think its more like to place her mind/conscious inside of someone else's body and ability to take over when she wants.

In episode 19 when Anya forced Lelouch into a pinch Marianne gave her a headache to stop the attack. In episode 20 Anya had red circles around her pupil when Marianne is in charge. The electronic diary Anya uses probably belonged to Marianne at one point that's why she doesn't remember writing some of the entries. Suzaku thought Anya's memories were altered but it looks like a completely different person wrote them.

Lelouch and Marianne's reunion should be some type of a shocker, I imagine there would be a hug scene but Marianne would switch back to Anya just to mess with Lelouch for a bit
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:36   Link #433
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Lelouch and Marianne's reunion should be some type of a shocker, I imagine there would be a hug scene but Marianne would switch back to Anya just to mess with Lelouch for a bit
I can actually see her doing that.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:37   Link #434
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Lol. Imagine Lulu ends up getting together with Anya.

The romantic night finally comes.

That would really be when she can mess with him. -_-

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:44   Link #435
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well all the comical stuff that can happen with Marianne aside. Anya's body is being highjacked and hopefully that will get resolved before the end. The situation has already made her not trust memories. This is a lot more messed up for her than having her memories altered by the Emperor's geass.
Old 2008-08-24, 15:47   Link #436
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well all the comical stuff that can happen with Marianne aside. Anya's body is being highjacked and hopefully that will get resolved before the end. The situation has already made her not trust memories. This is a lot more messed up for her than having her memories altered by the Emperor's geass.
It just comes down to which side is more evil? CC/Marianne or Charles/VV and who is the end boss? Schneizal? I have a feeling it's something much more complex and it involve his mother and cc as the main baddies instead of his father/siblings.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:47   Link #437
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
I was already thinking about it in terms of Luke/Vader way before you posted, way back when that scan appeared (where everyone went "it's shopped" but which came true in this episode). I shudder to think what that says about us, lol.

On an unrelated note, but more on topic, I just noticed how dejected Curly looks when Lelouch interrupts him at the end. He has "not HIM again" written all over his face. I wonder if he's beginning to regret letting Lelouch live and using him as bait for C.C. instead of having him killed off as a rebel.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:50   Link #438
yugioh5000

thank god CC is back
yugioh5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:52   Link #439
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I shudder to think what that says about us, lol.
Don't worry, geekiness and/or nerdiness are/is nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 2008-08-24, 15:52   Link #440
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I was already thinking about it in terms of Luke/Vader way before you posted, way back when that scan appeared (where everyone went "it's shopped" but which came true in this episode). I shudder to think what that says about us, lol.

On an unrelated note, but more on topic, I just noticed how dejected Curly looks when Lelouch interrupts him at the end. He has "not HIM again" written all over his face. I wonder if he's beginning to regret letting Lelouch live and using him as bait for C.C. instead of having him killed off as a rebel.
I loved the way he screamed "Lelooouch"