AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-26, 13:29   Link #1481
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
while i agree lots of their games were bad, the original SC and WC3 had a pretty good plot
im going to make a mad, ill post it up, you ranka haters are going to love it.
Old 2008-08-26, 16:02   Link #1482
magnuskn

At this time I wonīt accept anything but a happy ending for Alto and Sheryl. Anything else will really sour me on this series, because Sheryl really deserves her happy ending, not dying a few years down the line of an illness introduced two thirds into the series. Not after all the crap she went through during the last episodes.

As antagonists, the Vajra suck pretty much, btw. No personality to speak of, just an unstoppable force to be fought. The Zentraedi were much, much more interesting and worthy opponents, because we could see them evolve from the joyless warriors they were to more interesting characters. If Kawamori would have wanted to make the Vajra more interesting, then by now he should have developed them more than just giving Ranka a vision of her mommy.

I am still hoping for a second season, which gives us some opponents with a face, which should be the Galaxy faction. Grace definitely has the makings of an end-boss, but Leon is a big bag of fail, basically having piggy-backed on Graces plans ( and will soon be discarded, I suspect ). Maybe heīll be shot up and brought back in a possible S2 as a cyborg. ^^
Old 2008-08-26, 16:16   Link #1483
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
As antagonists, the Vajra suck pretty much, btw.
If they gave Vajra a face, it'd probably distract many set-ups in this series.

Besides, sometimes our greatest enemy is ourselves.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-26, 16:29   Link #1484
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn
At this time I wonīt accept anything but a happy ending for Alto and Sheryl. Anything else will really sour me on this series, because Sheryl really deserves her happy ending, not dying a few years down the line of an illness introduced two thirds into the series. Not after all the crap she went through during the last episodes.
If Japanese fandom is of any indication, they also want a Alto x Sheryl happy ending, or at least the majority of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
while i agree lots of their games were bad, the original SC and WC3 had a pretty good plot
im going to make a mad, ill post it up, you ranka haters are going to love it.
A lot of the plot devices in WC3 came off as obvious afterthoughts, and the expansion pack ruined it even more. The human/elven in conflict sub-plot was terribly structured and proved utterly unconvincing.

Then in WoW, what happened? The Elves joined the Horde. Exactly just how the hell does that work?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-26, 16:40   Link #1485
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If they gave Vajra a face, it'd probably distract many set-ups in this series.

Besides, sometimes our greatest enemy is ourselves.

- Tak
Eh, so far the *other* opposition hasnīt really done all that much.

Grace has moved set-piece after set-piece, but so far it all boils down to "We have an evil plan, muahahahaha!" When are the Galaxy AI's going to actually *do* something? And they only have five episodes left...

Leon is, mildly said, a retard. I know, itīs obvious from his haircut, but he also seems to be totally oblivious that he is nothing but a pawn to Grace.

I would be vastly surprised if he doesnīt end up being liquidated by seasons end by her, because he has become an irritating inconvenience.

If Galaxy doesnīt make a move very soon ( i.e. in the next two episodes ), their part of the storyline comes into heavy danger of having been a dud.

Seeing how their revelation has been announced as "the real game" being about to begin, I wonder if that doesnīt portent a second season. Of course I have postulated this some times in the past already, but every episode in which nothing happens about them makes me wonder more and more.

As for a plotline where the characters being their own worst enemies is the main plot, I donīt really see that happening in this Macross series. The story so far certainly hasnīt moved very much in this direction, if you except Alto getting more and more convinced that the Vajra as a species need to go, so that humanity can thrive (Tsshhk... thatīs what you get for taking advice from a Quamzin-clone, hime-sama).
Old 2008-08-26, 16:43   Link #1486
Tak

I am going to give you a simple answer, and I am sure you agree as well:

Before the triangle is resolved, nothing else matters

- Tak

Old 2008-08-26, 16:54   Link #1487
magnuskn

Quote:
I am going to give you a simple answer, and I am sure you agree as well:

Before the triangle is resolved, nothing else matters

- Tak
True. At this point Iīd be happy to see Sheryl get cured, then her and Alto can join Macross 7 and rock with Fire Bomber, while Frontier can continue with whiny Ranka, and Grace and all her crazy fold crystal plots. Well, Sheryl and Alto also can take Klan, Ozma and the bridge crew of Quarter with them, too. ^^

But back to what we are working with, though... doesnīt anybody else think that the "main plot" of the Galaxy AI's is taking strangely long to develop? Is that really going to be squeezed into the last five episodes?

With all the other stuff we have to get through? Romance, Sheryl-Ranka connection, Sheryls sickness, Ranka-Vajra connection, fold crystals, the coup-de-état.... thatīs a whole lot of stuff. Not to mention the stuff about something waiting for them at the center of the galaxy...

And only five episodes for all that? Five?
Old 2008-08-26, 17:03   Link #1488
Tak

Quote:

Eight, buddy, EIGHT!

- Tak

Old 2008-08-26, 17:10   Link #1489
Deryns

Quote:
True. At this point Iīd be happy to see Sheryl get cured, then her and Alto can join Macross 7 and rock with Fire Bomber, while Frontier can continue with whiny Ranka, and Grace and all her crazy fold crystal plots. Well, Sheryl and Alto also can take Klan, Ozma and the bridge crew of Quarter with them, too. ^^

But back to what we are working with, though... doesnīt anybody else think that the "main plot" of the Galaxy AI's is taking strangely long to develop? Is that really going to be squeezed into the last five episodes?

With all the other stuff we have to get through? Romance, Sheryl-Ranka connection, Sheryls sickness, Ranka-Vajra connection, fold crystals, the coup-de-état.... thatīs a whole lot of stuff. Not to mention the stuff about something waiting for them at the center of the galaxy...

Considering it has taken 20 episodes and a major character death to light a fire under the most hyped element of the series 5 episodes does seem to be rushing it.
Old 2008-08-26, 17:13   Link #1490
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
i know its 8, but where is that confirmed
Old 2008-08-26, 17:16   Link #1491
Deryns

Everything I have seen says 25 episodes planned for the series.
Old 2008-08-26, 17:16   Link #1492
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryns View Post
Everything I have seen says 25 episodes planned for the series.
And what is this 'everything' we are talking about?

On 2nd thought, I really don't care if it is 25 or 28...

- Tak

Old 2008-08-26, 17:19   Link #1493
Deryns

Wikipedia mainly and a few Macross forums.
Old 2008-08-26, 17:20   Link #1494
Deryns

Do you know which are the more reliable forums for that sort of info?
Old 2008-08-26, 17:22   Link #1495
Tak

Wikipedia posted '28' as their total episode count not too long ago, now its 22+/25, so they are not sure. Moreover, Macross television series has a tendency to extend itself. In the past, both Macross and Macross 7 done just that. So the bottom line is, we have no idea.

- Tak

Old 2008-08-26, 17:24   Link #1496
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryns View Post
Do you know which are the more reliable forums for that sort of info?
At the moment we donīt have any official info at all, neither for 25 or 28 or a second season. The most *likely* is 25 episodes ( which is the norm for most series ), until we get confirmation of anything else.

But in that reference frame, I find it to be highly suspect that all the plot we still have to go over is supposed to be resolved in only 5 episodes. Hence my suspicions of a second season.

Anyway, off to bed with me...
Old 2008-08-26, 17:32   Link #1497
Deryns

Thanks to you both for the info. Hoping for a second season too!!
Old 2008-08-26, 20:52   Link #1498
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Wikipedia posted '28' as their total episode count not too long ago, now its 22+/25, so they are not sure. Moreover, Macross television series has a tendency to extend itself. In the past, both Macross and Macross 7 done just that. So the bottom line is, we have no idea.

- Tak
Have all the DVD volumes been solicited yet?

Old 2008-08-26, 21:15   Link #1499
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yep, it's going to be 9 volumes long and vol 2 is confirmed for 3 episodes. Hopefully Kawamori has the balls to somewhat end the triangle instead of using it for a cliffhangar if the go with a s2
Old 2008-08-26, 21:35   Link #1500
Wildstar

Quote:
Leon is, mildly said, a retard. I know, itīs obvious from his haircut

Waitaminute. How many amnesiacs do we have now?

Ranka
Brera
Sheryl?

The common connection seems to be Grace.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers