AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-08-26, 18:19   Link #681
sjaako

thank you for your reply james0246.

your anwsers are like the things i thought.
but there is one thing

so the WG are equal with the yonkou togetter while yonkou see each other as an enemy?
if that's right then the WG could take out a single yonkou at a war. but then the WG should have some loses in power what will set other yonkou on the move.

while writing this i came up with one other question. what is left for the yonkou to do? making money? expand their crew? searching for OP? a combo of those possibilities?
sjaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 18:24   Link #682
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Spoiler for slight manga spoilers:

Actually the shichibukai are one of the world powers.

So its not:

Yonkou=WG

Its:

Marines=Shichibukai=Yonkou. Otherwise known as the three balancing powers, which for some reason doesn't include the revolutionaries. (Poor Dragon)
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 18:30   Link #683
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaako View Post
your anwsers are like the things i thought.
but there is one thing

Quote:
while writing this i came up with one other question. what is left for the yonkou to do? making money? expand their crew? searching for OP? a combo of those possibilities?
The ultimate goal of at least two of the Yonkou (Shanks and Whitebeard) was the title of Pirate King as well as the One Piece treasure. Kaidou also might be fighting for the title (judging by the fact that Moria considers him a rival, and Moria's ultimate goal was to become Pirate King). But, the fourth, currently unknown, Yonkou is a mystery as to their goal, desires, even gender .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post

So its not: Yonkou=WG

Its:

Marines=Shichibukai=Yonkou. Otherwise known as the three balancing powers, which for some reason doesn't include the revolutionaries. (Poor Dragon)
While I fully admit that this is how Oda originally presented the three groups, recent circumastances call this balance into question. But, since this is a Q & A Thread, I will agree that the information should be presented and I overstepped myself by voicing an opinion rather than a fact.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 03:58   Link #684
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese4u View Post

So its not:

Yonkou=WG

Its:

i now but when there is war shichibukai will team up with the marines so i called it WG.
Old 2008-08-27, 04:17   Link #685
sjaako

Quote:

if the yonkou are as smart as i think then they could take advantage from the upcoming war. considering that both whitebeard and WG ( marines and shichibukai ) will probably have, as james0246 said, extreme casulties. right after the war the yonkou could get on the war with a weakened WG and do what the wanna do. anyone comment ?

The ultimate goal of at least two of the Yonkou (Shanks and Whitebeard) was the title of Pirate King as well as the One Piece treasure. Kaidou also might be fighting for the title (judging by the fact that Moria considers him a rival, and Moria's ultimate goal was to become Pirate King). But, the fourth, currently unknown, Yonkou is a mystery as to their goal, desires, even gender .
i knew that some shichibukai want to become pirate king even as whitebeard and kaidou. but i never heard that shanks wants to become the king to.

Quote:
While I fully admit that this is how Oda originally presented the three groups, recent circumastances call this balance into question. But, since this is a Q & A Thread, I will agree that the information should be presented and I overstepped myself by voicing an opinion rather than a fact.
i know the relationship between the marines and shichibukai is a tough one. and yonkou will do as they please. but looking from the eyes from a shichibukai its has lots of profit to be a shichibukai, i could be shichibukai: no bounty on our head, powerfull backup; other shichibukai, admirals etc. and you dont have to listen to the marines i you dont want to. also think its pretty cool to get into war, at least not alone, with your rival. i think shichibukai would like it if one of their rivals will get their ass kicked.
Old 2008-08-27, 09:39   Link #686
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Not necessarily... they could also team up with the emperor's against the marines.
i think it's more likely that shichibukai wil team up with marines. i think they see yonkou as a greating treat to shichibukai then marines.

Quote:
The point is, that the balance can only work, if all powers have about the same power. If one or two of them moves against another, then this one looses power and the remaining two would go against each other.
thats right because wasn't afther the loss of crocodile the moment when shanks went to whitebeard for a conversation
?
Old 2008-08-28, 12:28   Link #687
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Notes:

In the Sky Island Arc, there's like no-one on any of the translation teams who figured this out:

The Guy Who was Called Priest Oumu Is really Priest OHM.
I mean...it's really obvious, but none of the manga translators seemed to get it...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 12:43   Link #688
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
why is there such a gap and what is causing the gap in power between the Yonkou and the marines and shichibukai while some where rivals like shanks and mihawk, moria and kaidou. the yonkou are heavily outnumbered in really powerfull guys. i mean the first mate of gol d roger will probably have a big time defeating kizaru. can anyone explane it ?

i have another question. why can you sometime hit a logia like when luffy rushed into smoker in the restaurant with ace. smoker is a logia but he was hit by a physical 'attack'.

i hope someone could explane it to me.

ps sorry for the probably bad english
Quote:

As to your second question, if a Logia user is caught unaware (i.e. if they are hit from behind or with a sneak attack) or if they are unconscious, then they can not become intangible (i.e. they can not turn their bodies into their Elemental parts (Smoke, Fire, Ice, etc)). So, a Logia user can be hit with a physical attack.
James, your answer is wrong. You are misleading the newcomers...

sjaako, The reason why there is uch a huge difference, is because of the Marine admirals' and the Shichibukai's inability to exhibit such powerful Haki, or Spirit Power as the Yonkou.

The known Yonkou so far both have the to ability to immediately dismiss anyone without an relatively equal amount of strength of will at a glance.

Both Whitebeard and Shanks. Whitebeard has not used his Haki in a direct combat situation so far, but it is assumed that he and his fleet commdanders have awesome Haki, since they didn't pass out form Shanks' Burst of Spirit which was so powerful, that without lifting a finger, he was able to knock out more than half of Whitebeards crewmen, and cause PHYSICAL damage/ to Whitebeards' ship.

Neither Shichibukai nor Admirals can do this...

It is theorised that Sengoku, whom Whitebeard says, 'knew how the sea was in the old days of Gol D. Roger' would have some knowledge, and mastery of this power...possibly...

Because think about it: How powerful could Sengoku Really be? How could he be more powerful than Kizaru, Aokiji, and Akainu at the same time? It's pretty like that he's a Logia user, yes, but ...Is that really enough?

I believe he has a powerful Haki...And that he could own all three admirals with his eyes closed...

Why don't the admirals have powerful Haki, too, then? ...I dunno...

But it seems that powerful Haki is something one attains from a strong, vital spirit, and from constantly putting ones' life on the line, fighting with all of ones' spirit...

And admirals just laze around Headquarters twiddling their thumbs...so...
But probably someone like Smoker would be like to develop strong Haki in future...

So I believe the correct explanation is: The Huge gap is in the fact that most people, when brought before Whitebeard or Shanks would be gone in an instant...

To much sheer strength of will to handle...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 14:42   Link #689
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
James, your answer is wrong. You are misleading the newcomers...
I think there isn't a wrong anwser for thing that arent really revealed actually..
im comparring some views about shichibukai, yonkou etc.. with my own. those who really think it through always say something i didnt thought about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
Spoiler for saving space:
i agree that haki is awesome but i dont think haki itself is usefull in a battle with tough guys. i think if you have haki, your power has reached a high level. when you reach a certain point of power, watching your own limit, you can use haki. so i dont think haki is really that powerfull as a weapon.
Old 2008-08-29, 09:56   Link #690
mrsticky005
Banned

for the first post there are at least 367 episodes.
and the current chapter is 512 I believe.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 11:43   Link #691
7th_dimension

Wait... wait... somehow Luffy is not as good as admirals and shichibukais. BUT WAIT... Luffy has almost undefeated right??? HE IS A RUBBER.
7th_dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-31, 15:49   Link #692
Rainbowman

Oda mentioned that none of the characters he creates ever dies in the One Piece story even though it may seem like it. i.e. Bellamy and Spandam. What's the deal with letting such characters survive and others get to die? (i.e. Bellemere, Banchina, Tom, etc,)
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-04, 18:09   Link #693
sjaako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Oda mentioned that none of the characters he creates ever dies in the One Piece story even though it may seem like it. i.e. Bellamy and Spandam. What's the deal with letting such characters survive and others get to die? (i.e. Bellemere, Banchina, Tom, etc,)
bellemere and tom died so nami and franky have a past
Old 2008-09-04, 20:00   Link #694
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

The rule is "nobody dies in one piece present".
But since you an get thrown out of the story (Arlong, Krieg, Enel, Crocodile etc.) and even mistirously revived side characters (Peruh) don't play a big role anymore that's not grave on my watch.
The Imadori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 11:35   Link #695
jehuty01

hello. any chance of anyone updating the opening post? to reflect new episodes, specials, movies and chapters?
it would be pretty cool
jehuty01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 13:45   Link #696
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehuty01 View Post
hello. any chance of anyone updating the opening post? to reflect new episodes, specials, movies and chapters?
it would be pretty cool
You bring up a good point. I myself am hoping for further info on One Piece Movie 10. Other than that, we all have to be patient.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:12   Link #697
The_Three_Kings

Quote:
Not necessarily... they could also team up with the emperor's against the marines.

The point is, that the balance can only work, if all powers have about the same power. If one or two of them moves against another, then this one looses power and the remaining two would go against each other.
Not really. It was mentioned that it takes BOTH the Shichibukai AND the Marines to balance the power of the Yonkou. Marines work for the WG and so do the Shichbukai. So it more like Yonkou=Marines AND Shichibukai. They say the 'balance' is out of order when a Shichibukai is missing (ex.Crocodile). That is because if the Yonkou were to launch an attack on the WG or they wanted to do something that the WG wanted to prevent, they wouldn't be able to stop them because of the imbalance in strength, with one of the powerful Shichibukai missing. The ONLY reason, as stated somewhere in the Thriller Bark arc or the current arc, the WG are planning to stop the Yonkou from rescuing Ace is because Blackbeard has tipped the scales in WG's favor. Otherwise the Marines and Shichibukai would be trashed by now.

Oh and as proved by Shanks, Haki doesn't affect strong people. So even if the Shichibukai knew Haki they would still have been wasted if not for Blackbeard.
The_Three_Kings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 04:12   Link #698
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Three_Kings View Post
Not really. It was mentioned that it takes BOTH the Shichibukai AND the Marines to balance the power of the Yonkou. Marines work for the WG and so do the Shichbukai. So it more like Yonkou=Marines AND Shichibukai. They say the 'balance' is out of order when a Shichibukai is missing (ex.Crocodile). That is because if the Yonkou were to launch an attack on the WG or they wanted to do something that the WG wanted to prevent, they wouldn't be able to stop them because of the imbalance in strength, with one of the powerful Shichibukai missing. The ONLY reason, as stated somewhere in the Thriller Bark arc or the current arc, the WG are planning to stop the Yonkou from rescuing Ace is because Blackbeard has tipped the scales in WG's favor. Otherwise the Marines and Shichibukai would be trashed by now.

Oh and as proved by Shanks, Haki doesn't affect strong people. So even if the Shichibukai knew Haki they would still have been wasted if not for Blackbeard.
well it is true that the balance is kept by the balance in these three force, but the doesn't mean Yonkou=Marines and Shichibukai
it is actually more like Yonkou = Shichibukai + Admirals

and if you look carefully it wither it is admirals or marine it is not WG, which mean the amry forces and other military unit like CP9 under WG is not included in these equation.

and in my opinion the Yonkou also include the other pirates that work under them.

the other thing, Haki doesn't effect strong people mean it doesn't knock them out, but i doesn't mean it can't effect them....

in Shanks case he release his haki while walking toward WB ship to protect himself from the weakling trying to attack him and as defensive measure, he never send his Haki or tried attacking one of WB commanders with it....
which doesn't prove it can't knock them out, it only means that shanks didn't release strong haki to knock them up... it is like he want to protect him self but at the time he doesn't want to decalre war against WB.
airsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 09:27   Link #699
Tsuzuki-san
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki-san Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki-san Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki-san
how about Ace oO did he die or not after the fight with Blackb. ep 370 remind me on it x)

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい.. 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

║▌│██║│█║▌█║▌││██││
o.o I'm so gonna scan you!
Tsuzuki-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 09:50   Link #700
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuzuki-san View Post
how about Ace oO did he die or not after the fight with Blackb. ep 370 remind me on it x)
Spoiler for manga spoilers:
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2008-09-17 at 14:38.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a