Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-06, 10:41   Link #5121
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
might have something to do with the fact that C.C fans have very little to actually use this time around
ep 15 aside there has been almost 0 cluclu development this season when compered to kalulu
so they have no poo to fling
Oh they did, where do you think those Kallen x everyone pairings came from...

As Wita said though even episode fifteen did not really give C.C fans much to work with so that would also account for it. In terms of development, C.C is likely one of, if not he, most shafted characters in R2 considering she is supposed to be one of the main four.

Last edited by demon_god04; 2008-09-06 at 10:46. Reason: spelling
Old 2008-09-06, 10:42   Link #5122
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Or it could have something to do with the fact that whenever we C.C fans try to bring up something the general response is "lol no, that doesn't mean anything/you're not seeing things the way you should"
yeah the whole world is out to get you

the main reason is because Kallen fans get something new to talk about every few eps. C.C fans got ep 15.

and both sides do plenty of over dramatising meaningless scenes.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:42   Link #5123
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Turn 22 will either make or break the entire Anime Suki Forum Community (Code Geass anyway) there is so much anticipation.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:43   Link #5124
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Nah, the few Kallen fans posting on the forums are loud-mouthed, which creates the illusion that there's a huge support for Kallen, while in reality it's just the same people going on about their favourite female.
Heh, that's ridiculous. It made me smile though.

Blade has it right. Lelouch/CC fans just haven't had much to get excited about this season. There has been more Lelouch/Kallen. Ultimately, it doesn't matter. Neither group will be satisfied in the end...but I think we can attribute the enthusiasm surrounding Lelouch/Kallen to that.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:45   Link #5125
equinox822

Shippers see pairing material in everything, be it a prolonged glance, common sense (I don't think anyone would honestly want to die with someone, especially if that someone didn't have to die in the first place) and forced writing. Then again, Kallen fans consider tripping and falling down on someone to be significant progress in their little pairing. Get real.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:45   Link #5126
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Or it could have something to do with the fact that whenever we C.C fans try to bring up something the general response is "lol no, that doesn't mean anything/you're not seeing things the way you should"
And if you actually had anything to debate with then you can actually put up a defence to your points. If you put up an opinion on a forum you can't expect everyone to agree with you. Instead of whining about it and making snide comments you can defend your position with evidence from the show itself to make it harder for the nay sayers to say things like that.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:47   Link #5127
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'd be glad that my theory was correct about them not getting together. Honestly I don't think at this point they would do well as a couple.
I have a hard time swallowing that for several reasons, but one of them is the biggest quam I likely have. That one being that they continued the Kallen <3 Lelouch sub-plot through the entire season. They were given several perfect oppurtunities to end the relationship, yet they never took them. Here is a simple list:

1.) Zero is Lelouch's mask.
This is a pretty big change from last season where Kallen did not care about the man under the mask, or more cared more about the idea of Zero than the person.
2.) Lelouch's original betrayal at the end of Season 1.
Todou et all doubted him, and even resented him. Kallen, who was present of all things, did not.
3.) Ep.7 when he steps all over her feelings.
When she looked back, and he did not follow, that is a perfect oppurtunity for her to move on. They didn't take the oppurtunity and had her get lectured by C.C. about the burden of the mask.
4.) SAZ Mark II.
No real need to elaborate.
5.) Captured for eight episodes.
If this wasn't a perfect oppurtunity to either weave her away from Lelouch then I do not know what is. Suffice to say, as horid as these words are, if Gino had any role to play here it've happened a lot sooner than the last episode she was in captivity... and not about Suzaku. But, alas, nope, she had to learn even more about Lelouch. Tell me, please, what relevance does Lelouch dressing up as Santa for Nunally have to do with anything other than Kallen becoming more and more familiar/endeared with Lelouch?
6.) Betrayal.
Lelouch does not say 'live on' and that's it. The pairing was dead in the water. Yet, he said the line. Cupahe made a post on this in the Kallen thread, about just how stupid the line was for him to say. It jeapordizes everything because she can just run back... and still get shot.
7.) Betrayal part II.
Kallen could have bit the fish-hook like the rest of the Order but, again, the focused on her desire to confront Lelouch and not take everything at face value.
So either (three possibilities) the writers are the most assenine people on the planet for stringing us along for an entire season, and wasting well over 40 minutes of screen time that could have gone to say: developing Marianne into something more than a cardboard cut out... or maybe giving Schneizel some actual depth for a final villain. Or, they assumed a one month time skip would fly in the minds of fans as a way to end the pairing. Or, they actually plan to go somewhere with this.

Maybe if they bothered to develop something that'd show that Lelouch didn't care about her, then sure, it could amount to something else. But they did not, in fact, they spent time focusing on the fact that he did care. Again, I'll reference cupahe's post that makes some good points in that one could argue that they developed him, all be it slightly, in a way that could be argued that he himself does like Kallen as more than just a friend, even if he doesn't realize it.

The only other possibility for all this development is:
Spoiler for Spoilers... duh:

There. I wrote my long ass post for the... whatever amount of time.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:49   Link #5128
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Well i agree with everyone here : the truth is that :

- LuluxCC have not enough screentime in this S2 (but don't forget S1 and some episode of this S2)
- This forum is full of Kallen fan who are, for the most part, biased in their post.

Anyways, the fact is that LuluXCC paring is the most popular pairing in this forum. It's just that LuluXCC fan don't talk very often :/

And i think that ep 22 will put an end for Kalulu paring and then we can have a nice LuluxCC ending
Old 2008-09-06, 10:53   Link #5129
Stretch5920

Lelouch will be dead or alone in the end anyway. The girls love him so they will help him, that's basically it. Kallen will help/save Nunnally because she loves Lelouch, C.C protected Lelouch from Charles because of her feelings. That's basically all it is. Just so when Lelouch is screwed, one of the girls save his butt and then that's it.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:54   Link #5130
TheDisruptiveOne

That's a pretty good post Var. And you mentioned an excellent point about episode 7 that I didn't consider. That really was a good opportunity for Kallen to move on.

Personally, I would also wonder about the picture dramas. For example...why the hell did Kallen need to know about Lelouch learning how to play the piano?
Old 2008-09-06, 10:55   Link #5131
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
And if you actually had anything to debate with then you can actually put up a defence to your points. If you put up an opinion on a forum you can't expect everyone to agree with you. Instead of whining about it and making snide comments you can defend your position with evidence from the show itself to make it harder for the nay sayers to say things like that.
Been there, done that. Got the "you're wrong, period" answer. I'm not about to waste my days trying to defend an opinion people don't even want to aknowledge.
Old 2008-09-06, 10:58   Link #5132
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Nice post var. Can't wait to see the responses you get to this after I get off of work in 8 hours -_-. Well, we'll be 8 hours away from episode 22 at that point ^^
Old 2008-09-06, 10:59   Link #5133
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Lelouch will be dead or alone in the end anyway. The girls love him so they will help him, that's basically it. Kallen will help/save Nunnally because she loves Lelouch, C.C protected Lelouch from Charles because of her feelings. That's basically all it is. Just so when Lelouch is screwed, one of the girls save his butt and then that's it.
I doubt he's going to be along (if alive) if Nunally survives. I also doubt that Kallen will just up and disappear or let him fade into obscurity alone. C.C. as well. To be honest, a 'harem'-esc ending isn't all that unlikely at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
That's a pretty good post Var. And you mentioned an excellent point about episode 7 that I didn't consider. That really was a good opportunity for Kallen to move on.

Personally, I would also wonder about the picture dramas. For example...why the hell did Kallen need to know about Lelouch learning how to play the piano?
That is just further addition to my point that they've been focusing on needless details about Lelouch for Kallen. Piano, santa, chess, all these are irrelevant for anything outside the romance sub-plot. If they intend to just drop it/end it, all the more power to them, but that's just a collosal waste of time.

Quote:
Been there, done that. Got the "you're wrong, period" answer. I'm not about to waste my days trying to defend an opinion people don't even want to aknowledge.
No, you're wrong. Period.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:02   Link #5134
Sinn
Pwnage

I agree with Var, I'm more interested in KallenxLelouch than lelouchxC.C. It seems boring if Lelouch and C.C got together :P
Old 2008-09-06, 11:03   Link #5135
equinox822

What an useless post. Your interests are hardly something worth bringing up. On that note, this post is useless too. In fact, all opinion based posts are useless and biased. Shippers can't argue without bringing in their personal biases to the equation.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:04   Link #5136
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
Nice post var. Can't wait to see the responses you get to this after I get off of work in 8 hours -_-. Well, we'll be 8 hours away from episode 22 at that point ^^
Well come on. Var didn't type anything inaccurate any that post. There really have been plenty of opportunities to kill this storyline.

And doing so abruptly in episode 22 since they have been apart for a month seems like it would be almost an admission from the writer/director that she was poorly utilized this season.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:05   Link #5137
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
What an useless post. Your interests are hardly something worth bringing up. On that note, this post is useless too. In fact, all opinion based posts are useless and biased. Shippers can't argue without bringing in their personal biases to the equation.
if your not getting into the poo flinging spirit then whats the point
Old 2008-09-06, 11:05   Link #5138
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Var just posted a detailed analysis of how Kallen's subplot had been continued throughout the season despite many instances were they could have ended it and how it is a good thing for Kallen and Lelouch development. It is well throught out and backed by events that happened in the show and his interpretations of those events. I do not see many comments saying he is wrong with no reasoning behind it. A well thought out point that is backed by evidence is harder to dispute and brush aside with simple comments like "you are wrong".
Old 2008-09-06, 11:06   Link #5139
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
No one can argue without bringing in their personal biases to the equation. That's what arguing is.
Old 2008-09-06, 11:06   Link #5140
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
You people are nothing but a ship of fools. (Get it, Ship. lolz) But seriously, we all know there is only one true couple in Code Geass.

Spoiler for The true couple.:
Closed Thread

Tags
romance