5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 1.33%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 29 6.44%
Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-08, 10:05   Link #1201
Child_of_Sierra

sure she's alive, just so we can all watch her die properly in the final episode

seriously, they better have a good enough explanation how she survived fleya next episode and lol to llyod and cecile who probably fled schniezel so they won't get caught up in a coup' only to enter a court ruled by lelouch.
Old 2008-09-08, 10:06   Link #1202
pokeu

He knew the principles of life from since the very beginning (Lelouch that is...), everyone is EQUAL in the choices that they make. You do what you want, as you want, not bound to anyone, but to yourself. Whatever you want to do, do as you please, but always remember, so will others. It always applies both ways.

Thats why he does so much of the things he do. Thats why his geass is like that, to overcome the only 'weakness' of the world.

For those in the higher caste of the aristocracy, they'd most probably knew all these crap since long ago, hence the whole "backstab, trick your arse, sacrifice, deception" travesty.

They already KNEW what the problem with the world was. It could never be 'free'. That is, until they overcame this 'weakness'. You want to do your shit, I want to do my shit, blah blah blah, it just doesn't work unless....

a. You destroy this principle by making everyone equally rich, equally sucessful, equally alive, etc etc etc. (that was the Ragnarok project, but it was fake, a complete illusion, not a real paradise)

b. You take away the free will of everyone, rendering everyone equal. (Lelouche's Geass, complete dictatorship, a world governed by a lone 'Judge")

c. You get everyone to target your arse, then dissapear like Osama, so they'd 'stand united' against you. Being constantly on the look out (n this is bound to fail... so Lelouche won't use this crap... or at least thats what I believe, even if the episode just hinted at this.)

d. Everyone to wisen up and realise... "If we are fucktards, others will have an equal chance to do so against us." and stop the war permanently, give up stupidity, etc etc... ya know... stop the second Jurassic park kinda thing... throw away bombs, realise that life will end one day so there's no use fighting the wrong way for it.... blah blah blah... oh wait, this will never happen, not when we have idiots like Ohgi and buds... "YA USED ME SO IMA MAKE U SUFFER" even though being used is entirely a 'choice'... and this is almost communism btw... almost...

Well, I think the outcome of the show will be about Lelouche deviating from one of these common ideologies and making his plan WORK... its like chess, some body makes a move, you make yours... some times they do something totally unexpected and you think you see their mate in four... then you take a step back, do a wierd arse pawn rush, fly your king to safety while putting the other king in check... and have a good game.

Srsly, in retrospec, this whole show looked like Lelouch learning chess from being a novice to a grandmaster. He had some horrible world tournament losses... but comes back to take on the no.1, over and over again, and this episode just showed a "NOW YOU TOTALLY DIDN'T EXPECT THIS SEQUENCE OF MOVES" kinda shit... and Lelouche is about to miss the title again.... but NO... his pawn push and knight outpost will MAKE IT THIS TIME... cos he's got plans for it... kinda...
pokeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:09   Link #1203
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Here's your answer.

Sutherlands.
Shimatta!!

Sutherland vs. the brand new Lancelot Albion... very fair fight. Sorry for sarcasm.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:15   Link #1204
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
seriously, they better have a good enough explanation how she survived fleya next episode
it was explained in the Q&A thread already...

Spoiler for survival and how:
Old 2008-09-08, 10:37   Link #1205
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Anyone noticed the incoming call from Schneizel on the special line called "The Royal Hot Line"? ^^

Now wondering about Bismarck.
His eye-seal just shattered without leaving any marks behind. o_O
Also, who gave that man Geass? Charles is out of question since he had his eye shut long before Sharuru got his Code, which leaves only V.V., but why?

To think I'd need to use this power against someone other than Empress Marianne!
(8:48, this face looks so badass)

Bismarck knew that Marianne was still alive? Was he planning to fight her? Or did he know her before she got "killed"? Why whould he need a Geass to fight against her...?
Too bad the anime will never answer this. :/
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:50   Link #1206
Northy

Send a message via AIM to Northy Send a message via MSN to Northy Send a message via Yahoo to Northy
I think Bismarck have a certain link with emperor Charles, since he is able to tell whether Charles is alive and dead, even when Charles is at the other plane.

No ones know what schneitzel is thinking, he seems to be the good guy all along. But usually this type of character will be the most sinister one, the plot is thickening !

i sort of agree with some of the other poster that, lulu is planning something at the back instead of just doing what he is doing now. I believe at the end of the episode, lulu and suzaku might die. Just so they are able to bring across a better world, like what lulu promises nunnunally (lulu dosen't wanna live anymore since he believe that nunnunally is dead, he probably wanted to fulfill his last dream for nunnunally and than join him.)
Northy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:56   Link #1207
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

I definitely admit I was disappointed in this episode and what it does to the story.

-For starters; Lelouch is officially gay. Fangirls rejoice, not even Kallen's T&A can bring him back to the hetero side.

-Nunnally is alive but Lelouch's enemy, Kallen is now Lelouch's enemy and Suzaku/Jesus Yamato in his wing zero/strike freedom/ lancelot albion, waste no time in eliminating the rebelling KoR.

A few positives

-Suzaku looked badass for the first time in the series

-Despite Lelouch coming off as his usual asshole self towards the end, he was able to send the world in a direction towards equality and he did give Japan back. It was the UFN who picked a fight with Lelouch when they put him in that barrier even if it was a geass countermeasure. You just don't do that to the Emperor.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 10:59   Link #1208
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
To think I'd need to use this power against someone other than Empress Marianne!
(8:48, this face looks so badass)

Bismarck knew that Marianne was still alive? Was he planning to fight her? Or did he know her before she got "killed"? Why whould he need a Geass to fight against her...?
He probably had to use the geass against her in the past, since she was a skilled KMF pilot.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:07   Link #1209
Kanzaki Urumi

the thing that displease me is that Lelouch made Kaguya cry. Damn SOB. =p
Kanzaki Urumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:11   Link #1210
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
I definitely admit I was disappointed in this episode and what it does to the story.

-For starters; Lelouch is officially gay. Fangirls rejoice, not even Kallen's T&A can bring him back to the hetero side.

-Nunnally is alive but Lelouch's enemy, Kallen is now Lelouch's enemy and Suzaku/Jesus Yamato in his wing zero/strike freedom/ lancelot albion, waste no time in eliminating the rebelling KoR.

A few positives

-Despite Lelouch coming off as his usual asshole self towards the end, he was able to send the world in a direction towards equality and he did give Japan back. It was the UFN who picked a fight with Lelouch when they put him in that barrier even if it was a geass countermeasure. You just don't do that to the Emperor.
I fail to see how he's gay...He's the Emperor of Britannia, he doesn't have to kiss back if an eleven kisses him. You guys just wanted him to take her clothes off and have sex with her right then and there...This is not a hentai anime >_>
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 11:16   Link #1211
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post

A few positives

I said it before and I'll say it again if you don't like the way things are tunring out you could always fall back on fan fiction...

Also regarding the night of one. Remember Rolo was an experiment why couldn't he have been too...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-09-08 at 11:27.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:01   Link #1212
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

i STILL HAVE HOPE FOR KALLEN AND LULU!!! that kiss...and their goodbyes can only mean one thing, they're not leaving fo reals! Because they said goodbye, they're bound to eachother now...

unless the directors are complete @$$HOLES and just led us on the whole season...but we're always mislead by what they want us to believe...so hopefully they will stick to that plan, and have them come together again

they share a good bond
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:05   Link #1213
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post
sure she's alive, just so we can all watch her die properly in the final episode

seriously, they better have a good enough explanation how she survived fleya next episode and lol to llyod and cecile who probably fled schniezel so they won't get caught up in a coup' only to enter a court ruled by lelouch.
uhh.. I thought Lloyd said that Schniezel disappeared suddenly and Lelouch was the new Emperor so they didn't really have a choice? Although, me thinks it was more than that.. he shows interest in geass as well, as a joke to his majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
I don't know if someone mentioned this already, but I think Nunnally is being held hostage. Schneizel may hold someone very important to Nunnally as a hostage or somehow found a way to blackmail her into saying those things to her brother. Once again, we don't know much of the situation. All we know is that Nunnally is not dead, Schneizel is in charge of her, and she claims that she is Lelouch's enemy.
an important person to Nunnally? don't you think it's a bit too late to add a new character to the already complicated story? I for one don't think Nunnally is that easy to manipulate(although, i just said a possibility a couple of pages ago). Who do you think she is? She is Nunnally vi Britannia! the only real family Lelouch has.
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:05   Link #1214
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Shimatta!!

Sutherland vs. the brand new Lancelot Albion... very fair fight. Sorry for sarcasm.
Well it probably wasn't going to be a fair fight no matter what they were piloting . Just a difference on how expensive the parts he blew to bits were.
Old 2008-09-08, 12:12   Link #1215
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
He probably had to use the geass against her in the past, since she was a skilled KMF pilot.
yet this is another mystery to me. If Marriane has the title of "...flash" something and is a skilled KMF pilot as mentioned. How come she never piloted Mordred? I mean, she can take control of Anya's body whenever she wants to right?

Last edited by Utau; 2008-09-08 at 12:14. Reason: missing word
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:16   Link #1216
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Man... this episode was like severely dark chocolate. It has a little sweetness but it just leaves too much of a bitter taste in your mouth. While Nunally's reappearance at the end was cool (I knew she wasn't dead, like many others), Lloyd and Cecil's involvement and Sayoko's proof of living preview clip were all nice, I just hate the direction this episode sent Code Geass spinning. Whether Lelouch, in order to be the Emperor, needs to crush his morals or not, a character with no feelings is not the Lelouch that's brought us this far into the story. Lelouch's human side was not only needed, but it was comforting. As long as Lelouch could be seen as good from one perspective, I guess I felt Sunrise wouldn't off him as easily. But everything he did in this episode made me want to bitchslap the computer and mutter, "Damn, Lelouch, Sunrise is sooo going to kill you." His attitude towards the student council and Kaguya were what pissed me off the most. Poor Shirley, it's almost better that she died before Lelouch turned Zombie. Also, I hate how he could take the time to take a walk with Kallen but he couldn't stop Rivalz from almost getting KOd by a guard. If Nina lays off from being a phsycho and acts more like she did in this episode, I think she'll be a lot more tolerable from here on out. But the way Lelouch discarded his friends was disgusting. I really, really miss R1 right now. R2 started off great but, after episode 8, imho, things started to go down. Too much of the Geass world means less tactics, less ingenuity and less of what made me love the series in the first place. And Lelouch's new position as Emperor, his outfit and behaviour is just too drastic a change to accept. I gave this episode a "below average" because, with Lelouch in a position of power, he's lost the stealth and plotting that made him so great. And I know everyone hates Death Note comparisons here but do we have an older Kira here or what. His decline is imminent. Well, I'm betting that C.C's going to pull some cards at the end and be the one to end it all. A Ryuuk type of thing, so to speak. At this point, I wish Lelouch had gone out in flames as his old self, rather than ascend to this position that distorts him and changes the very face of Code Geass. It's a shame, really.
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:37   Link #1217
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
Man... this episode was like severely dark chocolate. It has a little sweetness but it just leaves too much of a bitter taste in your mouth. While Nunally's reappearance at the end was cool (I knew she wasn't dead, like many others), Lloyd and Cecil's involvement and Sayoko's proof of living preview clip were all nice, I just hate the direction this episode sent Code Geass spinning. Whether Lelouch, in order to be the Emperor, needs to crush his morals or not, a character with no feelings is not the Lelouch that's brought us this far into the story. Lelouch's human side was not only needed, but it was comforting. As long as Lelouch could be seen as good from one perspective, I guess I felt Sunrise wouldn't off him as easily. But everything he did in this episode made me want to bitchslap the computer and mutter, "Damn, Lelouch, Sunrise is sooo going to kill you." His attitude towards the student council and Kaguya were what pissed me off the most. Poor Shirley, it's almost better that she died before Lelouch turned Zombie. Also, I hate how he could take the time to take a walk with Kallen but he couldn't stop Rivalz from almost getting KOd by a guard. If Nina lays off from being a phsycho and acts more like she did in this episode, I think she'll be a lot more tolerable from here on out. But the way Lelouch discarded his friends was disgusting. I really, really miss R1 right now. R2 started off great but, after episode 8, imho, things started to go down. Too much of the Geass world means less tactics, less ingenuity and less of what made me love the series in the first place. And Lelouch's new position as Emperor, his outfit and behaviour is just too drastic a change to accept. I gave this episode a "below average" because, with Lelouch in a position of power, he's lost the stealth and plotting that made him so great. And I know everyone hates Death Note comparisons here but do we have an older Kira here or what. His decline is imminent. Well, I'm betting that C.C's going to pull some cards at the end and be the one to end it all. A Ryuuk type of thing, so to speak. At this point, I wish Lelouch had gone out in flames as his old self, rather than ascend to this position that distorts him and changes the very face of Code Geass. It's a shame, really.
It's not really the direction that Code Geass is going that has me at a loss, but the order in which they did it. Lelouch becoming the Emperor was something that could be seen coming from a long way off, but I always expected and preferred that it would have happened with him defeating Schneizel and Charles at the end of the series, than still with some episodes left. If Kallen and Nunnally would have been with Lelouch at the end of Episode 21, I would have been happy if the series just ended there, but no; Sunrise still needed to show off Lancelot Albion, have Nunnally's eyes open, and Suzaku and Lelouch likely get killed along with whoever else.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:38   Link #1218
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
an important person to Nunnally? don't you think it's a bit too late to add a new character to the already complicated story? I for one don't think Nunnally is that easy to manipulate(although, i just said a possibility a couple of pages ago). Who do you think she is? She is Nunnally vi Britannia! the only real family Lelouch has.
Yeah I definitely agree that it's too late to add a new character. I just find it hard to believe a character who has always been depicted as a kind and loving sister can so easily be turned against her brother who is so important to her. If she is only saying those things because she is forced to, then maybe it is possible that she says those things until she can find a way out. It doesn't necessarily mean Nunnally really turned against her brother.

Of course, there is definitely a possibility that Nunnally really does want to nuke cities and do other naughty things. But she may also be just saying those things because she is forced to by some form of duress. Maybe Schneizel is threatening to kill Sayoko if she doesn't say those things. Maybe Scheizel is threatening to nuke the whole world if he doesn't get his way. I don't know, but I think we should reserve our hatred for Nunnally until we know more of the situation. Anyone who makes a judgement based on 3 second conversation should reserve their judgement until we know more about the situation.
LordLabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 12:46   Link #1219
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I fail to see how he's gay...He's the Emperor of Britannia, he doesn't have to kiss back if an eleven kisses him. You guys just wanted him to take her clothes off and have sex with her right then and there...This is not a hentai anime >_>
Your comment rulez
...anyway Lelouch just keeps his distance from/sayed goodbye to Kallen with the same intention as he did a few episodes back when he was betrayed by Ohgi and the Black Knights
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 13:06   Link #1220
Casshern

Not surprised that Nunnally is against Lelouche. Everything he did since the very beggining, even though he said it was for her sake, was against what she really wished for. Now that she's seen Lelouche's true face, and since Schneizel has probably revealed everything he's done including his role in creating the "genocide princess", it only makes sense that she'll want to stop him.

I really wanted to see Lelouche's ambitions become reality, just to understand exactly what kind of world he wanted to create, but with Nunnally reappearing like this I wouldn't be surprised if we got a repeat of season 1 i.e Lelouche abandons everything to ruin in order to take back Nunnally... and fails. By the time he recovers Nunnally is already sitting on the throne of Brittania. The worst possible ending imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change of Pace View Post
If Nina lays off from being a phsycho and acts more like she did in this episode, I think she'll be a lot more tolerable from here on out.
If Mai Hime and Mai Otome is anything to go by, I'd say sunrise has a bad habit of giving their psycho-bitch characters happy endings (more or less).
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote