Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-09, 18:21   Link #4021
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
You sir just won the overdramatic post of the day award.
Haha, I finally won something! I suppose I might have been overdramatic, but I'm still waiting for a very good reason why Lelouch is doing what he is doing. I just don't want to be let down by Lelouch, since I invested a lot of time watching this show. A great anime series with so much potential to be wasted by a bad ending will really keep me from watching another series by Sunrise. What's to keep them from doing it again and again? It's not like I'm asking for a happy ending or anything conventional. I just want the ending to make sense and keep in line with Lelouch's character and for that matter, Suzaku's too.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:23   Link #4022
attobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
Haha, I finally won something! I suppose I might have been overdramatic, but I'm still waiting for a very good reason why Lelouch is doing what he is doing. I just don't want to be let down by Lelouch, since I invested a lot of time watching this show. A great anime series with so much potential to be wasted by a bad ending will really keep me from watching another series by Sunrise. What's to keep them from doing it again and again? It's not like I'm asking for a happy ending or anything conventional. I just want the ending to make sense and keep in line with Lelouch's character and for that matter, Suzaku's too.
In that case Suzaku will die and Lelouch will make up with Nunnaly.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:30   Link #4023
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I get the feeling Nunnally's going to actually die before this is over. She's always been the thing holding Lelouch back, in a manner of speaking. If he's to truly move on, I think he needs to lose her for good, preferably after actually getting to talk to her.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:30   Link #4024
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
That sounds possible actually. Except that he doesn't have to kill C.C., but have him lose his memory to live with her. The Zero and Lelouch would be dead. Everybody is happy. I like it XD
she wants to die, and besides, he already promised her to let her die with a smile on her face
Old 2008-09-09, 18:33   Link #4025
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
I get the feeling Nunnally's going to actually die before this is over. She's always been the thing holding Lelouch back, in a manner of speaking. If he's to truly move on, I think he needs to lose her for good, preferably after actually getting to talk to her.
Right now, I don't know what to feel for Nunnally. I'm gonna have to wait few more episodes and try to figure out what's going on in her head. But I fear for the world if Nunnally does die the second time. Lelouch might really lose it then.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:36   Link #4026
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Off topic.

I've been wondering this since episode 19 of season 1 was on Adult Swim last Saturday. Kallen is one of the few people that knows that Suzaku killed his father. It was a fairly significant development in season 1, yet nothing has ever come of it.

So does anyone think this key insight into Suzaku's character on the part of Kallen will come to anything or has it just been forgotten completely like so many other concepts (like Suzaku's connection to Geass and Kallen' father).
Old 2008-09-09, 18:36   Link #4027
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLabyrinth View Post
Right now, I don't know what to feel for Nunnally. I'm gonna have to wait few more episodes and try to figure out what's going on in her head. But I fear for the world if Nunnally does die the second time. Lelouch might really lose it then.
I would have feared in earlier episodes when his only goal was to get her back. Here, however, I suspect that they'll get a proper goodbye if she is to die, and Lelouch will realize the need to move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I've been wondering this since episode 19 of season 1 was on Adult Swim last Saturday. Kallen is one of the few people that knows that Suzaku killed his father. It was a fairly significant development in season 1, yet nothing has ever come of it.

So does anyone think this key insight into Suzaku's character on the part of Kallen will come to anything or has it just been forgotten completely like so many other concepts (like Suzaku's connection to Geass and Kallen' father).
It doesn't mean anything to her. It only makes him more her enemy if anything, at least at that point.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:37   Link #4028
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
she wants to die, and besides, he already promised her to let her die with a smile on her face
Pfft, nothing of the short, when he meant die with a smile on her face in contrast to his argument with her before, it meant that he wanted her to continue living where she could find fulfillment in it at least, hence the smile part... <_<
Old 2008-09-09, 18:40   Link #4029
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Pfft, nothing of the short, when he meant die with a smile on her face in contrast to his argument with her before, it meant that he wanted her to continue living where she could find fulfillment in it at least, hence the smile part... <_<
Boss, don't reply to that kind of messages... Already tried. You will waste your time.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:42   Link #4030
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Boss, don't reply to that kind of messages... Already tried. You will waste your time.
Ah, thank you Narona. Your right, small fish should be treated as such I suppose
Old 2008-09-09, 18:44   Link #4031
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Ah, thank you Narona. Your right, small fish should be treated as such I suppose
No, that's not what I mean.

Some people here have their own vision of this particular scene. If was discussed many times and talking about that again will not help at all.

A this point, only the show will tell who is right and who is wrong.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:45   Link #4032
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
No, that's not what I mean.

Some people here have their own vision of this particular scene. If was discussed many times and talking about that again will not help at all.

A this point, only the show will tell who is right and who is wrong.
Meh, we're fine I say, DAMN RIGHT WE'RE FINE!!
Old 2008-09-09, 18:47   Link #4033
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Meh, we're fine I say, DAMN RIGHT WE'RE FINE!!
it's self deception and denial are self defense mechanisms.
One I would expect from the CluClu federation.
XD
Old 2008-09-09, 18:49   Link #4034
Kuroko
Chainsaw Addict

Send a message via MSN to Kuroko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriors1 View Post
She could always make one that just reverses the effect.. Like.. I dunno, it ADDS things instead of TAKING away things..
It could work,

Just kidding. Another crack idea from your neighborhood Worriors1.
Yeeah, we got mecha so screw physichs, let's create matter from nothingness yee and lavoiser was a drunkard yee
And i ain't even ironic
Old 2008-09-09, 18:51   Link #4035
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
it's self deception and denial are self defense mechanisms.
One I would expect from the CluClu federation.
XD
Nani~~~~!!!! XD
Old 2008-09-09, 18:54   Link #4036
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It doesn't mean anything to her. It only makes him more her enemy if anything, at least at that point.

Probably, but it still seems like a rather important piece of information that only she a few of the main cast knows. I mean, in the actual scene, they made such a big deal of it with clever camera angles and dramatic music. Seems odd that they made such a big deal just to make him seem more like an enemy (and if that was the purpose, Kallen hasn't ever used that as an excuse that Suzaku is her enemy).

I just thought that it might somehow come up in her conversation with Gino when he's trying to figure out what Suzaku's motivations might be.

Again, purely speculation. I've been wrong before.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:59   Link #4037
Lugia_Tsuyu
Damn, I'm good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

C.C.: He (Zero/Lelouch) won't involve the women who are truly important to him. In other words, I am completely out of his consideration.

You seems to forget that Lelouch always sent Kallen out to fight.
Old 2008-09-09, 18:59   Link #4038
Baixinho

Quote:
.... I will not open this debate again

- Some people think that when you remove a code the person lose her/his memories (Orga version, based on V.V.'s death)

- Some people think that you lose nothing but since the person is disgusted about Living, he/she just kills him/herself (my version, based on the the scene with the nun).

But that's not the problem, so no need to write 20 pages again about that, in both case the person doesn't die just by having the code taken.
Not opening this debate either, but I will just add the 3rd theory to this :

- Some people think that when you remove a code the person dies (my version, and I think Var agrees with this one too, based on the scene with the nun and the scene with Charles and CC, and on Okham's Razor)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia_Tsuyu View Post
You seems to forget that Lelouch always sent Kallen out to fight.
And more recently, he did get her out of his schemes twice in a row. The last time he actually sent her to fight was back in Ep 9 I think.
Old 2008-09-09, 19:01   Link #4039
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Not opening this debate either, but I will just add the 3rd theory to this :

- Some people think that when you remove a code the person dies (my version, and I think Var agrees with this one too, based on the scene with the nun and the scene with Charles and CC, and on Okham's Razor)
What is Okham's Razor?
Old 2008-09-09, 19:02   Link #4040
Baixinho

Quote:
What is Okham's Razor?
"L'explication la plus simple est toujours la meilleure"

"Simplest explanation is the best" in English
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers