Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-10, 13:12   Link #881
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi View Post
Since you don't date girls and you're not a guy, you're not in a position to declare what guys find hot and cute. Each gender has different perspectives.
And doesn't each man have his own different perspective? She may be both cute and hot to some of you, just one or the other to a few, or some may find her--shock of the century--neither. She's not real, boys. I don't see what her particular category of attractiveness or the logic-defying size of her breasts has to do with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondragon
Do you think it is possible for Orihime to become a Vizard too?
Hey, that's a good idea. I'd love it, but it won't happen (I'm not sure it's even possible). But I'm sure she'll learn to use her powers in some way and totally kick ass. And I can't wait for it.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:33   Link #882
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Can you fight? Are you dependent on someone? Orihime is a couple years or less older than you. No parents, no family, no nothing. Imagine being in a similar situation and show some empathy. Remember, you have done it once...
Sorry but I'm real. It's ABSOLUTELY different so please don't compare me with fictional characters.
I can't fight but that's because powers in real life kind of don't exist? What fighting are you talking about? I was not referring to how much weigh can Orihime lift.
As for being dependant, like I said, the situation doesn't demand from me to be independant.
Quote:
Since you don't date girls and you're not a guy, you're not in a position to declare what guys find hot and cute. Each gender has different perspectives.
And each man also does.
Old 2008-09-10, 15:30   Link #883
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
I can't fight but that's because powers in real life kind of don't exist?
you should of just stopped at "I can't fight"

edit: also no one is claiming Orihime is perfect, if they are, then they're only fooling themselves

good for you, your a real person, guess where fictional characters get characteristics from? :0 it's good that you're different, no child should be w/out family
Old 2008-09-10, 15:47   Link #884
Irondragon
Paladin

Idea for the next episodes...
1) Ulu kill Orihime.
2) Ichigo goes berserk kicks ass in Huecko Mundo and so on...
3) Orihime becomes shinigami and maybe becomes kido master.
4) Orihime becomes Vizard and kicks ass herself!!!!
5) Maybe her mask has flowers too!!!

Or she could ask Urachara to quicken all this...
Old 2008-09-10, 15:50   Link #885
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irondragon View Post
Do you think it is possible for Orihime to become a Vizard too? See has similar abilities as Hachi and he is a Vizard too. Hachi wasn't a shinigami I think he was lieutenant of the Kido corps.
I think that's because Ichigo became a Vaizard. He was the source of their powers. I think being around him mutated Orihime's and Chad's powers. I don't think she will become a Vaizard but it seems like they are both Human-Hollow power based just like Ichigo. He's such a bad ass...
Old 2008-09-10, 15:52   Link #886
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

mutated indeed, especially w/ Chad's arms, would be interesting to see what Orihime's little helper, fairy, people, doohickies evolve into, if at all
Old 2008-09-10, 16:05   Link #887
Nervous Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Holy Billy-riding-the goat...., Of course! Why didn't I think of it!!? *baka baka*

That's a brilliant observation! Now I've finally understood why Kubo got rid of the universal gravitational constant from his story all of a sudden in the middle of the series. If the ladies don't have to worry about gravity, their bumpy parts can be at any measurement without worrying about the constant gravitational pull. This Kubo, he is a sheer genius.

Thank you, NV, for helping me solve another mystery in Kubo's story.
Anything to help the wayward mind

However, you were reading my statement wrong. I can't imagine how you came to this conclusion, as it was in plain English. I was agreeing with neuromancer's observations on cleavage size. Apparently, this implies I was agreeing that there were three types. Nothing about him changing the realistic consistency of gravity here (though to be real, Rangiku and Adult Nel are stacked beyond plausibility).

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue skies
She's not real, boys. I don't see what her particular category of attractiveness or the logic-defying size of her breasts has to do with anything.
I wonder what other men think of the guys who treat 2D girls like real people: I imagine frightened, for starters >_>;
Old 2008-09-10, 16:34   Link #888
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
If she has self-confidence, she will be able to fight.
Orihime does not have to pwn Hollows to make people respect her but standing behind someone and waiting for someone else to beat said Hollow doesn't make me respect her more either.
If she is confident which you want, then she'll kick ass.
She is supposed to be a fighter. People say we demand too much from her but she choosed that. It's the situation that demands much not fans. She wasn't thrown in that world like everyone says and she can't always be the sweet and helpless Orihime. She has to stand up for herself and do something instead of go emoing and wait for Kurosaki-kun. Because all she has done in the last 60 chapters is shout Kurosaki-kun, stand behind him. She did protect Yachiru ONCE in so many chapters and she didn't fight single time. Cuz it's easier this way, isn't it? And I can't respect someone who chooses the easier way and leaves fighting to the guy.
I don't think it's because she is female. Rukia, Nel, Matsumoto, Yoruichi, they are all example Kubo respects girls as much as guys and makes them even to the boys.
You know I find this pretty funny how you seem to think that Orihime just stands around and never trys to contribute to the fights. That has never been how she acts. From chapter 2 where she atacks her brother to to try to get free and throws herself in front of Ichigo so that she takes the atack ment for him, to her protecting her friends from Numb, to the SS arc where she was right with the rest of the group about to atack the gate guard, tried to protect Ishida from a 3rd seat and had to be carried bodaly from Ishida's fight with a captain because she would not leave, and even after the SS arc she tried to take on Yami who greatly outcalssed her again to save her friends. Not once durring any of these times was she waiting for someone else to save her and if you hadn't noticed she didn't want anyone to come after her when she was taken to HM. She has never left the fighting to the guys she just has not been very effective at it even if she, like Chad, could beat 90% of the shinigami in SS. She was "emoing" as you call it because her friends were dieing.

I'm just waiting for the payoff of all the little things about her. Like her hairpins are like a soulcutter and she no longer needs to call out the names of her moves or to release the fairies since mid SS arc. Ichigo being shocked at how strong the fairies are now. Hatchi telling her if she wants to fight she sould not focus on the way the fight should be but how she wants the fight to be.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-10, 16:42   Link #889
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
I wonder what other men think of the guys who treat 2D girls like real people: I imagine frightened, for starters >_>;
Oh show some humility. On this forum we treat them like real people. How many hours have you spent in the shipping thread going through all sorts of emotions? For 2D drawings no less! You see where this is going? It's not the drawing which we treat like a person.

Anyway Orihime has her flaws but doesn't deserve endless criticism.
Old 2008-09-10, 16:44   Link #890
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Hatchi telling her if she wants to fight she sould not focus on the way the fight should be but how she wants the fight to be.
that is a scary thought in hilarity and pwnage.

Quote:
Oh show some humility. On this forum we treat them like real people. How many hours have you spent in the shipping thread going through all sorts of emotions? For 2D drawings no less! You see where this is going? It's not the drawing which treated like a person
srsly, in that thread there was a whole spectrum of emotions...like a rainbow
Old 2008-09-10, 17:00   Link #891
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous Venus View Post
This is an anime internet forum, we find the guys who don't obsess over fictional 2-D women to be the disturbing ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
I'm just waiting for the payoff of all the little things about her. Like her hairpins are like a soulcutter and she no longer needs to call out the names of her moves or to release the fairies since mid SS arc. Ichigo being shocked at how strong the fairies are now. Hatchi telling her if she wants to fight she sould not focus on the way the fight should be but how she wants the fight to be.
There has definitely been more than a couple of hints about Orihime's potential. I think the people who are disappointed that she hasn't shown any real improvement are just losing patience. Which is understandable because it's been a really long time since she resolved to get stronger.

In real time.

The time that's passed in the manga however, has only been a few weeks since the start of the arrancar arc. And at most one or two days since the start of the HM arc. It wouldn't be realistic to have Orihime all of a sudden become a confident, kick-ass fighter in such a short amount of time especially since she had no training like Chad and Ishida (she sparred a little with Rukia, but was kidnapped soon after).

It's going to have to be some really traumatic/important event to force her to use her full powers. Even then, I doubt she ever really becomes a fighter-type. She will be more like Hacci. Capable, but mostly non-fighter (and occasional dark horse).

Old 2008-09-10, 18:02   Link #892
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
This is an anime internet forum, we find the guys who don't obsess over fictional 2-D women to be the disturbing ones.

There has definitely been more than a couple of hints about Orihime's potential. I think the people who are disappointed that she hasn't shown any real improvement are just losing patience. Which is understandable because it's been a really long time since she resolved to get stronger.

In real time.

The time that's passed in the manga however, has only been a few weeks since the start of the arrancar arc. And at most one or two days since the start of the HM arc. It wouldn't be realistic to have Orihime all of a sudden become a confident, kick-ass fighter in such a short amount of time especially since she had no training like Chad and Ishida (she sparred a little with Rukia, but was kidnapped soon after).

It's going to have to be some really traumatic/important event to force her to use her full powers. Even then, I doubt she ever really becomes a fighter-type. She will be more like Hacci. Capable, but mostly non-fighter (and occasional dark horse).
Yeah Sabaku, people tend to forget that in manga time, very little time has passed, even though in real time its been about 3 years.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:47   Link #893
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Tell that to the detractors though they have the right to do as they wish and express themselves however they want, be it constructive or ranting.
Old 2008-09-10, 18:52   Link #894
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Anything to help the wayward mind

However, you were reading my statement wrong. I can't imagine how you came to this conclusion, as it was in plain English. I was agreeing with neuromancer's observations on cleavage size. Apparently, this implies I was agreeing that there were three types. Nothing about him changing the realistic consistency of gravity here (though to be real, Rangiku and Adult Nel are stacked beyond plausibility).

You guys are forgetting Kukkaku's jugs of love...

She has to need back surgery

I really think boobs shouldn't be a factor, I tease but I really think Hime fans aren't that superficial. They see them as a plus but not their total reason for liking her.
Old 2008-09-10, 19:04   Link #895
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I really think Hime fans aren't that superficial. They see them as a plus but not their total reason for liking her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Anyway, I personally like Orihime's face, not her boobs. Though they are a plus .
Did I pass the superficial test?
Old 2008-09-10, 19:30   Link #896
asam_laksa

Quote:
Oh show some humility. On this forum we treat them like real people. How many hours have you spent in the shipping thread going through all sorts of emotions? For 2D drawings no less! You see where this is going? It's not the drawing which we treat like a person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
I admire cloak_and_dagger's patience and I wish I could have it.
I'm a HUMAN. People should understand this. I'm tired of having everyone threating me and sending some messages like "you are stupid you don't deserve to watch Bleach freaking love Orihime"(yes, I've actually recieved that). My message box(not here) is FULL of Orihime lovers. I've been called fanatic and thousand of users have said I've got no reasons for disliking her except her being " a threat to my non-existing IchiRuki ship' or having big boobs.
When I get angry at a character or Kubo, I do. I can't always love everything. I complain, yeah, I do, but this is not bashing. Another users are no ones to order me what to love and what to hate. It's my choice. Insulting is bashing and I don't insult users or even Orihime, I just say my opinion about her and it has never been "she is a big breasted whore". My hate for Orihime doesn't make me immature. I don't just go and say "hahahah I want her to kill herself that Emohime useless bitch". That's immature.(and it's still not insulting of a user himself because these characters are NOT real. They don't exist.)
Oh, screw it, it's still going to be the same
Ichigo&Rukia.......in every action, there's reaction.......you reap what you sow.

You either accept the fact that you will always receive hate 'anti-Orihime' mails / neg-reps.......or stop doing what you have always been doing and start being a little bit more creative, ie start using your head harder before you write. I don't simply discount you as immature......more towards simple-mindedness.

I have the rights to ask you to try be more complex when hating Orihime, can I?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
You know I find this pretty funny how you seem to think that Orihime just stands around and never trys to contribute to the fights. That has never been how she acts. From chapter 2 where she atacks her brother to to try to get free and throws herself in front of Ichigo so that she takes the atack ment for him, to her protecting her friends from Numb, to the SS arc where she was right with the rest of the group about to atack the gate guard, tried to protect Ishida from a 3rd seat and had to be carried bodaly from Ishida's fight with a captain because she would not leave, and even after the SS arc she tried to take on Yami who greatly outcalssed her again to save her friends. Not once durring any of these times was she waiting for someone else to save her and if you hadn't noticed she didn't want anyone to come after her when she was taken to HM. She has never left the fighting to the guys she just has not been very effective at it even if she, like Chad, could beat 90% of the shinigami in SS. She was "emoing" as you call it because her friends were dieing.

It's more amusing than annoying to find those who bash Orihime endlessly, have the idea that Orihime would be confident in fighting.....when in reality is she hates confrontational fights, beating people but wouldn't hesitate fighting if the opponents are in any way trying to hurt her friends or others.

Orihime 'confident in fighting' like how Rukia/Renji/Ichigo/Ishida is? Don't talk about 'confident in fighting'......she hasn't even had the killer instinct to reject the opponent's existence at all.

And I would not have it in anyway......Orihime not gaining her 'killer instinct' too soon. It would lose the freshness of 'Bleach', where everyone else but her goes killingl other people off. Even if it were to have bashing her left/right/middle for not 'bitch-slapping' people who deserve it.
Old 2008-09-10, 20:07   Link #897
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
I totally agree! The fact that they are so real, love or hate em is a credit to KT. People think he hasn't done his job but he has. This is her character...
Quote:
*Takes off Orihime fan costume*

I beg to differ...

@"Coat and Knife" You pass! *thumbs up*<--that's so corny...
Old 2008-09-10, 20:33   Link #898
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
I must say I'm very surprised by this observation. More so, it has come from you. I suppose we all have our off days.
Old 2008-09-10, 20:50   Link #899
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Nothing wrong with admiring or sympathizing with a fictional character. Its the point of having entertainment right? If the characters within a story fails to capture the audience then the author failed at his job.
Old 2008-09-10, 21:06   Link #900
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Nothing wrong with admiring or sympathizing with a fictional character. Its the point of having entertainment right? If the characters within a story fails to capture the audience then the author failed at his job.
That isn't even the point. All medium in all forms (fiction, art, music.. etc) that has been created by us since the dawn of human history reflects ourselves (everything that makes us human) in one form or another. We can understand something, a story for example, only when we can relate. Our imagination will fail otherwise.

Least there is any misunderstanding later with Nervous Venus, I don't mean any disrespect to you by my comments. I simply disagree with your line of thinking on this particular matter.
Closed Thread